Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm not sure what that expression is trying to convey, but I relate to it strongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm not sure what that expression is trying to convey, but I relate to it strongly.

Some laxative will clear that right up

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"OH NO! I've activated my Ki and now the 4th string interns from Malaysia are doing the art!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Dragonball can’t really do an actual evil genius as the universe will correct and someone will punch them to death.

It’s why I laughed when people were shocked Vegeta got owned by Moro.

Guts Dragonball is the same arc over and over again learn pattern recognition

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, I'm not sure how people can be surprised about Vegeta getting bodied anymore. It's like being surprised that Goku wears orange.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I remember when Vegeta first started fighting Moro and I saw YouTube videos talking about how Vegeta is stronger than Goku!

Like did they never see Z or what

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

No I've got a really good feeling he's going to walk into this fight with the powerup he needs to win this time and he's not going to gently caress it up or get blindsided by a reversal, no sir. This arc is going to end with a straightforward Vegeta stomp and then Goku will say he's the better fighter and Beerus will say he's a worthy successor as the new God of Destruction :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I still think it's funny that Vegeta's massive training hateboner is for a guy who never actually beat him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He’s also indifferent to the many people who have beat him.

He’s a complicated boy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

He’s also indifferent to the many people who have beat him.

He’s a complicated boy

He doesn't even seem to hold a grudge against Yajirobi despite the fact that he literally permanently maimed him.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

FooF posted:

There's no doubt in my mind that Vegeta will actually "win" against Moro but due to [reasons], Moro can't be defeated in the traditional way. I'm very curious what he learned, though, and cocky Vegeta is the best.

Both Goku and Vegeta will fail, fusion won't be an option, and Merus is going to defy Angel law and fight Moro himself using UI. Either Merus wins outright and gets depowered/annihilated, Whis intervenes and does something to him, or Merus sacrifices himself but no matter what, Merus is a goner for doing the "right" thing. They've already set him up as an Angel with a conscience.

Because Dragonball hasn't changed its plot-points. I made that post at the end of May.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I still think it's funny that Vegeta's massive training hateboner is for a guy who never actually beat him.

But through the transitive property... (etc etc)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Vegeta, much like Dr. Gero and Zamasu, knows that they key to incredible self-improvement lies in hating Goku.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

amigolupus posted:

Vegeta, much like Dr. Gero and Zamasu, knows that they key to incredible self-improvement lies in hating Goku.

But he never improves

You'd really think he'd hate Gohan's guts considering Gohan is the one who kinda beat him back in the Sayian Saga, Gohan was instrumental in thwarting him on Namek, and Gohan far surpassed him during the Cell Saga, so hard that it wasn't even funny.

But no he was pretty content with Gohan descending into goofy dad mode.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFVXPiZA5w

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Burkion posted:

yeah it's not like he was pissed at gohan for squandering his power leading to the rest of the events of the buu saga or anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That isn’t how that agent down.

He was kind of annoyed but really Goku caused him to snap.

Granted he snapped because Goku allowed someone to absorb his energy. Not by doing anything impressive, but still

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vegeta has also pretty much always been stronger in base than Goku, but Goku has some wacky power up that Vegeta can't access at the time because he's not the protagonist. That didn't even matter when he beat Goku the first time, even still.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still like how in their first fight Vegeta actually had Goku thoroughly beaten after he survived the Kaioken X3 Kamehameha and could have easily just beaten the piss out of him without going Oozaru and making a target out of himself, but instead got mad and freaked out and started making mistakes because he had no idea how the Kaioken worked.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean he does mention he knows how the technique works, or a technique similar to it

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I still like how in their first fight Vegeta actually had Goku thoroughly beaten after he survived the Kaioken X3 Kamehameha and could have easily just beaten the piss out of him without going Oozaru and making a target out of himself, but instead got mad and freaked out and started making mistakes because he had no idea how the Kaioken worked.

I dunno, Vegeta was pretty hosed up after that and Goku still had some kaiokens in him following the beam struggle, right up until he got monkey-crushed. Without oozaru I'm betting he'd just kept getting the poo poo beat out of him.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Didn't the Goku rivalry not really start until after Frieza was beaten and Goku achieved Super Saiyan? I don't think Vegeta's Saiyan saga loss hurt his pride THAT much because he knew it was 4 on 1 desperate fight that they only barely won.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He was at the very least insulted such a low class warrior got that close to him in the first place.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Neo_Crimson posted:

Didn't the Goku rivalry not really start until after Frieza was beaten and Goku achieved Super Saiyan? I don't think Vegeta's Saiyan saga loss hurt his pride THAT much because he knew it was 4 on 1 desperate fight that they only barely won.

Yeah. During Freeza Vegeta's entirely focused on obtaining the Dragon Balls for immortality, and using said immortality to kill Freeza. Kakarot's not even in his thoughts until he reappears, way stronger than he should logically be. The Super Saiyan transformation is what finally breaks the poor prince, and gets him obsessed with one-upping Goku.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's actually a fair point, yeah. When Vegeta does think of Goku during the Freeza Saga it's along the lines of "that motherfucker won't get so lucky next time, I'm icing him as soon as I'm done with Freeza" right up until Goku beats Freeza and seemingly steals Vegeta's destiny where Vegeta himself gets beaten to the point of humiliation.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Freeza saga really is peak Dragon Ball. It had some highs afterwards, but it's all downhill from there.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'd agree if not for 5 minutes being divided into well over ten episodes.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Burkion posted:

But he never improves

You'd really think he'd hate Gohan's guts considering Gohan is the one who kinda beat him back in the Sayian Saga, Gohan was instrumental in thwarting him on Namek, and Gohan far surpassed him during the Cell Saga, so hard that it wasn't even funny.

Vegeta hated Goku so much that he became a better family man than him, I'd say that counts as improvement. Hell, Vegeta married Bulma, the most powerful person in DB, so he's also won in that regard.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

saiyan saga is peak dragon ball, namek just kind of drags

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bushmaori posted:

I dunno, Vegeta was pretty hosed up after that and Goku still had some kaiokens in him following the beam struggle, right up until he got monkey-crushed. Without oozaru I'm betting he'd just kept getting the poo poo beat out of him.

Goku screamed in pain when yajirobe did a friendly slap on the back. Vegeta was nowhere near as hurt and would have just crushed him if he went back down . Vegeta's pride over being even somewhat challenged was completely responsible for him losing.

Like it's weird that the series itself seemed to have forgotten that Goku was not as strong as Vegeta when they first fought.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
you all have a weird way of spelling Red Ribbon

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's funny that Vegeta could've just turned into an Oozaru, but made that his Plan B to blowing up the planet and leaving himself stranded in space.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Monaghan posted:

Goku screamed in pain when yajirobe did a friendly slap on the back. Vegeta was nowhere near as hurt and would have just crushed him if he went back down . Vegeta's pride over being even somewhat challenged was completely responsible for him losing.

Like it's weird that the series itself seemed to have forgotten that Goku was not as strong as Vegeta when they first fought.

Pain yeah, but that doesn't mean he can't punch someone. He also got bashed by ape tail when in a following kaioken and that didn't cause him to explode or anything, so it's not like he couldn't fight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

saiyan saga is peak dragon ball, namek just kind of drags

Every arc drags at certain points. Z fighters V Nappa goes way to long

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Goku vs Piccolo Jr was the best fight in all of Dragonball.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Namek was awesome (minus being a kid in the 90s and feeling like we were never gonna leave it), not having Goku around was cool and i liked the tension of everyone trying to stealth their way around everything

The desperation of Gohan/Krillin/Vegeta vs Ginyu Force may have had shades of the previous saga (always waiting on Goku), but it was still entertaining as hell

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Namek was awesome (minus being a kid in the 90s and feeling like we were never gonna leave it), not having Goku around was cool and i liked the tension of everyone trying to stealth their way around everything

The desperation of Gohan/Krillin/Vegeta vs Ginyu Force may have had shades of the previous saga (always waiting on Goku), but it was still entertaining as hell

Definitely my favorite arc for these reasons. Too bad Bulma didn't have poo poo to do, but I guess crab battle can always be headcanon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like the Ginyu Force as gag villains, but they hit too many of the same notes as Nappa for me to enjoy them as antagonists. It doesn't help that they're all pretty much immediately dispatched by Goku and killed by Vegeta shortly after, much like Nappa!

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 4, 2020

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean Recoome even looks kinda like Nappa levelled up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

My take on the Goku VS Vegeta thing is that Vegeta already considered it his loss once he lost the beam struggle (he probably considered the Garlic Gun his trump card), not knowing it hurt Goku more than him. At that point, turning into a Great Ape knowing Goku couldn't do the same was less "ok, let's keep on fighting" and more "ok, you win, gently caress you and your happy ending, though".

The fact that that's point when Krillin, Gohan and Yajirobe start participating fully cements this.