Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Michael Corleone posted:

What game is he going to see? MLB has no fans in the stands and will be cancelled by next wknd IMHO. Little League might be all there is. Can't imagine the minor leagues are having fans.

Some kind of college level summer league thing. I should be surprised, but a&m is promising 50% stands capacity(of alumn that pay out the ears for it instead of kids. To maximize the spread of it) for football so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

FullLeatherJacket posted:

This is your daily reminder of the movie Demolition Man (1993), where an amendment was made to the US constitution to allow Arnold to run for president, this was the good timeline that we have fallen short of

Terry Crews is native US born right? maybe he can get Arnold on as VP

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
VP has to be eligible to be POTUS, so sadly, no.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

This is your daily reminder of the movie Demolition Man (1993), where an amendment was made to the US constitution to allow Arnold to run for president, this was the good timeline that we have fallen short of

Arnold was in Demolition Man? The movie in which Taco Bell wins the restaurant wars?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

VP has to be eligible to be POTUS, so sadly, no.

Secretary of State, then.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Cacafuego posted:

Arnold was in Demolition Man? The movie in which Taco Bell wins the restaurant wars?

He doesn't actually show up, there's just a throwaway "bad timeline" joke (like the Taco Bell one) where Stallone essentially does a spit-take when someone mentions the President Schwarzenegger Library, as if they would not only change the rules to make the dude from Hercules In New York into the President of the country, but also name a place of education after him

Clearly, all evidence shows that it's actually us living in the bad timeline, and therefore our job to is to somehow return to the Demolition Man timeline, destroy the good versions of ourselves and take their place watching President Arnie and his pet donkey on Instagram showing you how to fit a mask and correctly wash your hands

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 2, 2020

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
risking life on a ventilator for college summer ball

amazing

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mandrel posted:

Arnold would be a vastly better candidate than either of the two current options. If only

I was actually living in California for part of Arnold's governorship, he was a shitheel and would be an unequivocally worse president than Biden; unless you're a traditional Republican, then he'd be great I guess. Better than Trump for sure, but still not good.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mithaldu posted:

How is travel in and out of the city regulated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb9YUma1L78&t=128s

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Same but it's 2012.

https://megaphone.upworthy.com/p/conspiracy-theory-world-ended-in-2012

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

To think we could be at the three shells by now.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

He doesn't actually show up, there's just a throwaway "bad timeline" joke (like the Taco Bell one) where Stallone essentially does a spit-take when someone mentions the President Schwarzenegger Library, as if they would not only change the rules to make the dude from Hercules In New York into the President of the country, but also name a place of education after him

Clearly, all evidence shows that it's actually us living in the bad timeline, and therefore our job to is to somehow return to the Demolition Man timeline, destroy the good versions of ourselves and take their place watching President Arnie and his pet donkey on Instagram showing you how to fit a mask and correctly wash your hands

Wasn't it in the Last Action Hero timeline we had Stallone starring in Terminator 2? I would've watched that.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Big Toilet Paper is doing their best to block progress here.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/1290027692348203009

one can only wish it were that

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Gildiss posted:

Best friends 9 month old baby got Covid and is feverish and lethargic.

The other twin is not showing symptoms and everyone else tested negative.
Thinking she caught it from the daycare.

Florida hell yeah.

That's horrible. Hoping she gets better soon.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

I was actually living in California for part of Arnold's governorship, he was a shitheel and would be an unequivocally worse president than Biden; unless you're a traditional Republican, then he'd be great I guess. Better than Trump for sure, but still not good.

you do not know enough about biden

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Mandrel posted:

I don't have my list of bad Biden things in front of me, but did Arnold ever implement anything as obscene as widespread asset forfeiture by LEOs in the absence of charges or crimes? Asking as a non-CA goon unfamiliar with his politics beyond "R"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

LemonLimeTime posted:

And forcing Dennis Leary to eat rat poo poo.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

arnold is literally further left than biden on basically every issue, most of them by a wide wide margin

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

happyhippy posted:

And forcing Dennis Leary to eat rat poo poo.

They ate rat burgers in the underground. Wtf, man.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FoolyCharged posted:

Some kind of college level summer league thing. I should be surprised, but a&m is promising 50% stands capacity(of alumn that pay out the ears for it instead of kids. To maximize the spread of it) for football so...

UT is promising the same. They’re still tweeting like football is totally A Thing That Is Gonna Happen this year come hell or high water and it’s both sad and adorable.

Actually, gently caress football, I’m trying to figure out how the gently caress anybody is gonna do marching band during COVID. I did Longhorn Band for a couple of years and any kind of social distancing is gonna be impossible for them. Even if they can manage to distance during shows and parades and poo poo, there’s still pretty much no way they’ll be able to do it for rehearsals or playing in the stands, even with the stadium at 50% capacity.

I can’t remember the source, but I heard or read somewhere that the risk of spreading COVID through playing a wind instrument is pretty low, which...... I don’t know if I buy that, but even if the risk of shooting the virus out the bell of a trumpet like a loving ‘rona machine gun is low, band instruments all have holes leaking spit out of them everywhere all the drat time. I feel like allowing that poo poo to happen on a surface that foot ball mans are gonna be falling down on a lot, and then crashing into each other on, is a disaster waiting to happen.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 3, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Just wrap masks around all holes in instruments.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

Actually, gently caress football, I’m trying to figure out how the gently caress anybody is gonna do marching band during COVID.

Former matching band goon here, I played flute, then piccolo. I wouldn't worry about the condensation so much as the sheer amount of exhalation pumped out and breathed in by the surrounding marchers. Madness.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Any serious marching band or corps involves a ton of close-quarters contact and would be completely impossible to do safely. DCI voted unanimously back in March to cancel the entire 2020 season.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hazo posted:

Any serious marching band or corps involves a ton of close-quarters contact and would be completely impossible to do safely. DCI voted unanimously back in March to cancel the entire 2020 season.

Especially anything military style(Make a big box and march military parade like). Especially when they turn around and reverse direction.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I. M. Gei posted:

UT is promising the same. They’re still tweeting like football is totally A Thing That Is Gonna Happen this year come hell or high water and it’s both sad and adorable.

Actually, gently caress football, I’m trying to figure out how the gently caress anybody is gonna do marching band during COVID. I did Longhorn Band for a couple of years and any kind of social distancing is gonna be impossible for them. Even if they can manage to distance during shows and parades and poo poo, there’s still pretty much no way they’ll be able to do it for rehearsals or playing in the stands, even with the stadium at 50% capacity.

I can’t remember the source, but I heard or read somewhere that the risk of spreading COVID through playing a wind instrument is pretty low, which...... I don’t know if I buy that, but even if the risk of shooting the virus out the bell of a trumpet like a loving ‘rona machine gun is low, band instruments all have holes leaking spit out of them everywhere all the drat time. I feel like allowing that poo poo to happen on a surface that foot ball mans are gonna be falling down on a lot, and then crashing into each other on, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well, when they open the spit valve on brass stuff all of the covid drops all over the ground so there's a nice layer spread around.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

FoolyCharged posted:

Especially anything military style(Make a big box and march military parade like). Especially when they turn around and reverse direction.

Oh I’m not even talking about field shows or parades. I’m thinking more rehearsals, sectionals, breakout groups, warm ups, plane rides, charter buses, overnight bunking and cots, showers... any of these put hundreds of people together for hours at a time in incredibly close quarters.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That sounds like a nightmare spreading zone. Like gym and bar levels.

The only way to make those instruments cause sound is to blow air through it at a high pressure. Sounds bad.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FoolyCharged posted:

I can’t wait to see the “Fightin’” Aggie Band kill themselves with COVID because they’re all so brainbroke that they decided to march anyway. Without masks.

Aggie Corps of Cadets people are EXACTLY the right kind of stupid to think corona is a hoax and wearing masks = BIG GUBMINT TAKIN AWAY MAH FREEDUMMS :freep:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 3, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mandrel posted:

Believe me, I know plenty about Biden.

Mandrel posted:

arnold is literally further left than biden on basically every issue, most of them by a wide wide margin

lol you really don't know arnold

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Mithaldu posted:

How is travel in and out of the city regulated?

They have police drive throughs on the major roads in and out of the city and they're checking IDs and reasons for travel. Up until yesterday they were only stopping say 15% of the cars maybe, but apparently since yesterday it's really ramped up and it's taking up to an hour to get through the check point as they are stopping nearly everyone. Presumably that time will go down once everyone stops driving 100km to buy butter chicken and KFC (genuine reasons given).

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Wasn't it in the Last Action Hero timeline we had Stallone starring in Terminator 2? I would've watched that.

I'm into the watching 90's action movies stage of lockdown now having subscribed to basically every streaming service. Watched Last Action Hero last week and Demolition Man last night. You are correct Stallone is T2 in that timeline. And Demolition Man has President Schwarzenegger. I'd forgotten that Demolition Man was made at the time when Hollywood still thought criminals from LA dressed and acted like extras from Mad Max.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mandrel posted:

ahahahahaha

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Off topic, yes it was a loving cool distraction in the movie and i loved it as a kid.

EDIT: Might as well get this video in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQvCmQFScMA

Actually a little on topic because some of those machine learning scenes are terrifying, and if out president get's fooled by a video of Nancy Pelosi slowed down juuuust enough to make it sound like she's impaired, we have no chance.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 3, 2020

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Illuminti posted:

I'm into the watching 90's action movies stage of lockdown now having subscribed to basically every streaming service. Watched Last Action Hero last week and Demolition Man last night. You are correct Stallone is T2 in that timeline. And Demolition Man has President Schwarzenegger. I'd forgotten that Demolition Man was made at the time when Hollywood still thought criminals from LA dressed and acted like extras from Mad Max.
Hah, I’m on a retro kick too but it’s more like They Live and In the Mouth of Madness.

I finally watched the first Alien movie this weekend for the first time and remember at the time that much was made of them violating quarantine protocol against Ripley’s wishes. Given current context I’m sitting here like, the guy has a loving face hugger clamped to his face and even if they followed protocol it’s only 24 hrs before he can come on board to eat next to the rest of the crew in their recycled air spaceship??? If the xenomorph didn’t eat these guys first corona definitely would have.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Fargin Icehole posted:

Off topic, yes it was a loving cool distraction in the movie and i loved it as a kid.

EDIT: Might as well get this video in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQvCmQFScMA

Actually a little on topic because some of those machine learning scenes are terrifying, and if out president get's fooled by a video of Nancy Pelosi slowed down juuuust enough to make it sound like she's impaired, we have no chance.

That video looks like they pumped Judge Dredd through it but accidentally included Armand Assante in the training. Or maybe intentionally since they’re supposed to be clones.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

yook posted:

Hah, I’m on a retro kick too but it’s more like They Live and In the Mouth of Madness.

I finally watched the first Alien movie this weekend for the first time and remember at the time that much was made of them violating quarantine protocol against Ripley’s wishes. Given current context I’m sitting here like, the guy has a loving face hugger clamped to his face and even if they followed protocol it’s only 24 hrs before he can come on board to eat next to the rest of the crew in their recycled air spaceship??? If the xenomorph didn’t eat these guys first corona definitely would have.

Who loving cares

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Mrs. Sexual posted:

Who loving cares

go probe them about it lol

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

klapman posted:

go probe them about it lol

Sorry about your ptsd

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/08/02/approval-of-gov-reynolds-handling-of-coronavirus-worst-in-nation-survey-finds/

How to be lower rated than trump in covid

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/replouiegohmert/status/1289299030325866497?s=20
oooohhh boy

This tweet is from a couple of days ago. I wonder if he’s symptomatic yet?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

I. M. Gei posted:

oooohhh boy

If he gets better (which he's likely to do anyway), it was the HCQ and All Hail President Trump. If he doesn't, welp, the news cycle moves awfully fast these days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I. M. Gei posted:

oooohhh boy

Doesn't that thing give you surprise hearth attacks? Or does it depend of how bad the virus hit you?