Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

did you have to throw away any food in your fridge? as for me, i have lemons in there along with cheese, mustard, maize, summer squash, butter, egg yolk, pumpkin noodles, golden milk made with turmeric, starfruit, millet, and big bird's pecker which is orange with pink rings like his legs

Lmfao in real life thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

did you have to throw away any food in your fridge? as for me, i have lemons in there along with cheese, mustard, maize, summer squash, butter, egg yolk, pumpkin noodles, golden milk made with turmeric, starfruit, millet, and big bird's pecker which is orange with pink rings like his legs

yeah i did

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That sucks bad. hope you had some $ and a nice lonely person to take out for dinner.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Now thats what i call a power bomb

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EqUqacEows

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
L.A. Confidential - drat, so much crazy poo poo happens in this movie. everyone looks so young and thin, even Danny DeVito.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I haven’t seen that movie in like 20 years but it absolutely ruled at the time

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also thank you to everyone for your kind words and advice about Bonnie. Here is a nice picture of her cuddling her favourite toy

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Also thank you to everyone for your kind words and advice about Bonnie. Here is a nice picture of her cuddling her favourite toy

That’s a beautiful dog, god speed to it and thank you for being so good to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not sure if bonnie was always like that or not but when dogs' face fur turns white or gray it is extremely cute and sweet, to me. my eldest is 8 and just starting to have it happen. dogs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

not sure if bonnie was always like that or not but when dogs' face fur turns white or gray it is extremely cute and sweet, to me. my eldest is 8 and just starting to have it happen. dogs

my oldest cat has a grey beard now and it makes me feel like i can come to him for advice

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

My dog got diagnosed with cancer about 3 months ago. She’s been in really good form since, but just in the last week or two it’s caught up with her :smith:

She’s slowed down a lot, doesn’t really want to run or chase me in the park anymore, kinda drags her back legs from time to time, that kind of thing. Fortunately she has zero issue jumping up onto the couch or into the car.

I have only ever owned one dog before, and he had a stroke so it was really easy to decide to put him to sleep. I’ve spent the last two weeks lying awake every night wondering how to know when the right time is with a slow decline. I’m really determined not to let her suffer at all, but I hate the idea of forever wondering if I let her go too soon. Is there even a correct or perfect way to tell? This sucks. Sorry for rambling.

i had this last year with my old cat fribby. he was 15 and totally healthy, except he kept doing weird things like walking on the edge of the bed and losing his balance to fall over. then he started yelling a lot at night for no reason. really sad wailing noises. did some research and talked to vet and we concluded it was feline dementia. very hard because he was otherwise healthy but his mind was failing and it was happening quickly. he would still recognize me and be normal, but he was falling down or getting stuck on things more. he hadn't harmed himself though, just sort of benign falling down. we had to put him down last year. august 23. he never did end up hurting himself, or anything like that. but his quality of life was at that point where we felt like if we left it longer, maybe he would forget even more. or fall and hurt himself for real. i do still feel bad from time to time, wonder if he had more time. the vet wanted to put him down when we realized the problem but i couldn't do it and kicked the can down the road for a couple weeks. but i was able to say my goodbyes, and started feeling a little selfish. that having him here to make me feel better wasnt fair to him, or the problems he had at night or the potential of future problems. i think about him a lot, and it makes me cry a lot. im crying while i type this, thinking about that cat. he was my best friend. probably my only real friend. i would be dead without that cat. sometimes i feel like i killed him, or hurt him or betrayed him. but usually i feel like i helped him. it is complicated. but i think i would feel even worse if he fell down teh stairs and broke all his legs and spent his last hours in horrible pain before they just put him down anyways. he did not deserve to feel pain. he was the best animal, or person, i have ever met. im really crying way way too much right now so i will stop posting. sorry for making other peole read this but i dont have plat to pm. i hope your dog is ok. or feels ok. i hope you are ok. sorry

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m sorry about your cat paper lion. I think maybe if you can see arguments for why you should have waited longer AND why you should have done it sooner, then maybe that’s a sure sign that you put your friend to sleep at just the right time, and everything else is your brain playing extremely mean tricks on you.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
For those of you still looking for a game to play, Horizon Zero Dawn drops on Steam today. I'm tempted to pick it up even though I own it for PS4 just to throw more money at Guerilla Games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

gently caress Ted Faro.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CobiWann posted:

For those of you still looking for a game to play, Horizon Zero Dawn drops on Steam today. I'm tempted to pick it up even though I own it for PS4 just to throw more money at Guerilla Games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

gently caress Ted Faro.

Please be wary that the port is apparently incredibly bad.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh come on. :(

Can't this year have ONE nice thing?!?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's really weird. I either hear the port is just abysmally bad, or else that it's amazing. The only thing I can seem to find as a commonality between the reviews is it runs better on AMD. For example, a GTX 1060 is just not enough to run the game well right now. Maybe the Day One patch helps, but some people said it ran terribly even with that patch.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I was hoping to play it on my 970, but maybe I'll wait for some patches :shrug:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Talking about video games that are on both PC and PS4 reminds me that I somehow ended up owning the sci-fi horror game Stasis via 5 different game store clients (IIRC I have it on GOG, Steam, Epic, Twitch, and PS4), despite only ever having actually paid for it once when it was on sale.

Still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvantum posted:

It's really weird. I either hear the port is just abysmally bad, or else that it's amazing. The only thing I can seem to find as a commonality between the reviews is it runs better on AMD. For example, a GTX 1060 is just not enough to run the game well right now. Maybe the Day One patch helps, but some people said it ran terribly even with that patch.

It sounds really badly optimized so if you have the computer to run it than it's amazing but that's a big if.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It looks like there are massive frame stutters that happen regardless of your PC hardware or in-game graphics settings, as well as some weird glitches with display resolutions when vsync is enabled. The 35 GB day one patch reportedly didn't do jack poo poo to fix any of the problems.

I'm glad I didn't blow 40 euros on this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Doc M posted:

It looks like there are massive frame stutters that happen regardless of your PC hardware or in-game graphics settings, as well as some weird glitches with display resolutions when vsync is enabled. The 35 GB day one patch reportedly didn't do jack poo poo to fix any of the problems.

I'm glad I didn't blow 40 euros on this.

Yeah...I just watched the Digital Foundry video and it seems really rough, especially with nvidia cards.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Brut posted:

Yeah...I just watched the Digital Foundry video and it seems really rough, especially with nvidia cards.

It's so bizarre. The Death Stranding port, made on the exact same engine, runs great on PC, but Horizon runs like crap. :sigh:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

It was ported by a different studio. Virtuos, who did the Horizon port, has a pretty hit-or-miss track record.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pc ports are always a mine field. I almost never get anything until I hear good reviews or give it a few years

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pc gaming is a fad, it'll go the way of the dodo soon enough just like silly bands or the pet rock

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

NienNunb posted:

Pc gaming is a fad, it'll go the way of the dodo soon enough just like silly bands or the pet rock

Once PC gaming is behind us, it will finally be the year of the Linux desktop.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The good thing about having poo poo eyesight is a don't really notice a difference between any of those graphics settings in the DF video. For most of them Low and Ultra look exactly the same to me.

I was still debating picking it up until I saw the 1080p footage running at 30fps. I have a 1070 and it would probably run like dogshit

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Yeaaaah I preordered it having played through the original on the ps4, wanting to take advantage of my beast mode pc, and I’m a little angry I didn’t think of how ports can suck.

I’ll try it out and see what’s up, idk

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I could never finish Horizon even though I found the story really intriguing and the controls cool. The way the gear menu is confused the hell out of me and I never knew if my weapons and armor were better or worse than each other. Also eventually it became a chore to walk everywhere for me. I'll probably get the sequel unless it's totally botched because there was a lot about the game I liked but I had to accept I can't finish it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also eventually it became a chore to walk everywhere for me.
You can fast travel or tame a robot horse, so you don't have to walk all over the place!

Your weapons and armor also aren't necessarily better or worse than each other (except for the special armor you can unlock), just suited to different situations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also eventually it became a chore to walk everywhere for me.

what the gently caress

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah i bounced off horizon very quickly. just not very fun for me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The aesthetics of Horizon do nothing for me. One of those games that looks very pretty, but in that Epic Free HD Wallpapers way.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Doc M posted:

You can fast travel or tame a robot horse, so you don't have to walk all over the place!

Your weapons and armor also aren't necessarily better or worse than each other (except for the special armor you can unlock), just suited to different situations.

i forgot about taming robot horses drat. I guess with the weapons thing it felt like even though I was probably 50% through the game I was doing such paltry damage against guys that I felt like I was doing something wrong.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

i forgot about taming robot horses drat. I guess with the weapons thing it felt like even though I was probably 50% through the game I was doing such paltry damage against guys that I felt like I was doing something wrong.

You probably were. The combat is built around really exploiting each robot's weakness and swapping around weapons so that you're using the best gear for that creature. If you're not using the debuffs to really mess up the robots you just do plinky nothing damage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

horizon had too much hud stuff, im getting older and i pretty much cant get into too many games that just throw a lot of things you need to keep track of when you start playing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
last house on the left - critter channel - if this were the last movie left i wouldnt watch it again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the original? yeah cuz i watched that years ago and turned it off halfway through, like its one thing to make a horror movie but i felt super uncomfortable and didn't want to watch any more of that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya original