Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Queen's OHSHIT face is strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Queen's OHSHIT face is strong

Well he's been getting a lot of practice

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Spanish Matlock posted:

It's not an inaccurate note, it just doesn't apply in this case. He's saying boku because he's a boy. Like how are you gonna wanna be worse on this than the guy who boils people alive.

At first I thought it was just pointing out "hey he uses boku, but that doesn't really translate so I had him talk really brash here instead" but nope, just decided to take an opportunity to get up on a transphobic soap box to say NO YAMATO ISNT A MAN

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

My biggest question is: why has Marco brought Perospero along?

I read that as Marco having intercepted Perospero at the entrance, and that they were fighting each other there... but that was based on the first rough translation linked. Guess we'll get clarity once the official translation is released.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Big Mom continues to be the best character. "Oh is Kaido dead?" "I came here to beat you to death, Luffy" "Oh did you come here to have fun with Kaido?"

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

jassa posted:

I read that as Marco having intercepted Perospero at the entrance, and that they were fighting each other there... but that was based on the first rough translation linked. Guess we'll get clarity once the official translation is released.

The panel shows Perospero's back turned from Marco tho. Looks like they're entering the castle together rather than fighting.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 7, 2020

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Perospero was very much not on board with the Pirate Alliance last time we saw him. I kind of get the feeling that the Big Mom Pirates' success is as much in spite of her as it is because of her and Perospero and the other older children are used to having to disobey her until her flights of fancy pass.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

And if Perospero does eventually join Big Mom and Kaido nobody whose opinion actually matters is going to care that he beat up some generic Beast Pirates.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 7, 2020

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
This is Jinbe's first color spread wit the rest of the crew. Hopefully his last too but oh well what can you do.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jassa posted:

Well, sulong Kaido... was nice knowing you!

*shenlong kaido

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Sub Harrison posted:

The panel shows Perospero's back turned from Marco tho. Looks like they're entering the castle together rather than fighting.

Possibly! Marco could also be pursuing Perospero... though y'all make a good argument for why Pero would be fighting his way into the stronghold.

oddium posted:

*shenlong kaido

Nope. As someone noted earlier, it was a pun.

jassa fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 7, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ryaomon posted:

This is Jinbe's first color spread wit the rest of the crew. Hopefully his last too but oh well what can you do.

:fuckoff:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kild posted:

You used discord spoiler tags fella

man thats twice now. i'm really sorry to whoever read that and didn't want to. apologies guys

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

shut da gently caress up

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

amazing! oden put nanomachines in the wound twenty years ago just for this moment.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I certainly wasn't expecting the scabbards to do damage to kaido so quickly. Carrot clowned on big moms army pretty well in su long form (even though it was at sea and they were disadvantaged).

I think this is setting up nicely for them to bring kaido down from 100%, maybe some where to 60-80? So Luffy/Yamato can finish him off. Not sure who is going to take big mom on though

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
We have two bad guys so that Yamato doesn't have to participate in patricide... no way the scabbards get thrown out for the character we met last chapter to take the credit.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

No Wave posted:

We have two bad guys so that Yamato doesn't have to participate in patricide... no way the scabbards get thrown out for the character we met last chapter to take the credit.

Eh, depending on how hard Oda wants to commit to Yamato = Oden then I think it could be fitting if, as Kaido is going down and his vision is getting blurry, Yamato deals the final blow and Kaido sees it as Oden finishing him off and he dies with a smile on his face

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a fictional story so anything is possible I just can't see the structure of the arc working that way. Like at least introduce baby Yamato in the flashback jeez.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ubiquitus posted:

I certainly wasn't expecting the scabbards to do damage to kaido so quickly. Carrot clowned on big moms army pretty well in su long form (even though it was at sea and they were disadvantaged).

I think this is setting up nicely for them to bring kaido down from 100%, maybe some where to 60-80? So Luffy/Yamato can finish him off. Not sure who is going to take big mom on though

Seems like he got hit both with Odens sword and in the place where he got his first hit. Its very much a Smaug from LOTR thing.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Seems like he got hit both with Odens sword and in the place where he got his first hit. Its very much a Smaug from LOTR thing.

Kiku was able to impale his hand so I think it's less that they're hitting him where Oden wounded him and more that they're able to hurt Kaido because they're carrying on Oden's will. Also, do the Scabbards have Ame no Habakiri? I thought Hitetsu offered it to Momo and he refused to take it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they were able to hurt kaido because they did it with a DON!! t he quintessential rule of one piece

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
it’s gonna be retroactively pretty funny that Kaido was immune to most forms of damage after all these years and went all the way to Skypeia even for a suicide attempt because he just never realized that there was a level beyond armamant haki, Super Armamant 2

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Why is Kaido calling it Ryuo when he's clearly grown up in a world where it's called Haki? What a weeb.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Larryb posted:

So are we closing in on the end of the arc already? Because all this really feels like it’s setting up for a final battle with Kaido

The Dressrosa arc was 6 volumes long. Luffy and Law first confronted Doflamingo in the third volume.

There could be a LOT left.

edit: Got it wrong. It happened in the 6th volume of 10. Still...

lowercase16 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 8, 2020

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Sub Harrison posted:

Why is Kaido calling it Ryuo when he's clearly grown up in a world where it's called Haki? What a weeb.

Ryuo is a specific way of using haki that bypasses someone's durability.

It's the thing Luffy was learning from the Yakuza that lets him take off the collars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheKirbs posted:

Ryuo is a specific way of using haki that bypasses someone's durability.

It's the thing Luffy was learning from the Yakuza that lets him take off the collars.

It's supposed to extend your haki to damage someone on the insides(like what Luffy and Rayleigh did to the explosive collars)/without touching them(like what Sentomaru does) though. That doesn't really seem like what the scabbards are doing.

Is the trick to Kaido's durability that he's constantly using haki on the skin maybe? And you need super strong haki yourself to break through it?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Unrelated to the latest chapter:

https://twitter.com/Revujo/status/1291732735418085377?s=19

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Kaido, nobody is going to think you're a good dad until you remove the explosive cuffs from your son."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh by the way the anime got a new opening, featuring Oden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOytLsnprk

Just as spoilery as the last one.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is there an edited anime for manga readers that only covers quality scenes and anything not in the manga? Would watch that

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
Why I believe you're looking for https://onepace.net

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sindai posted:

"Kaido, nobody is going to think you're a good dad until you remove the explosive cuffs from your son."

NO! He will remain in Cufftention until he gives up this silly Oden daydream and gets back to studying real pirating.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

naginalJJ posted:

Why I believe you're looking for https://onepace.net

Mmmm yesss

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Anyone got a link to the scan?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Thoren posted:

Anyone got a link to the scan?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Welp, looks like the Gum Gum man is officially out of bubble gum.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will note its clearer now they didn't just bring the cat and dog

All the drat mink musketeers are here and about to go school-long on Kaido

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

AtomikKrab posted:

All the drat mink musketeers are here and about to go school-long on Kaido

I'm here to gently caress somebody's Kaido, sulongdick style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Hope this is how the actual translation decides to word it. Great out of context panel – "EHHHHH??!"

edit: posted too soon and hadn't reached this gem yet:

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 9, 2020