Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

ratbert90 posted:

By this incredibly dumb logic, a vote for for a third party is a vote for Biden.

Thats what I'm saying. It doesn't matter who we vote for. America is doomed. This election will just determine how hard we get hosed and when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Forceholy posted:

Thats what I'm saying. It doesn't matter who we vote for. America is doomed. This election will just determine how hard we get hosed and when.

Biden is objectively worse for the future of America than Trump. Biden will lead to an even worse Trump.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Vote for one of the main candidates but hold your nose and post on twitter after

Don't vote for a rapist.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

ratbert90 posted:

Biden is objectively worse for the future of America than Trump. Biden will lead to an even worse Trump.

Exactly. Dear Leader Tom Cotton in 2024.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Brawnfire posted:

And it's ALWAYS connected with the gay part of their complaint. No other group, even if they're marked by overreach, is ever shoving anything down people's throats.

My dad posted that image and when one of his friends called him out for it, he claimed that there were two guys making out in front of him recently. Supposedly, he was minding his own business when they started asking him "What the hell are you looking at????" threateningly.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Forceholy posted:

Exactly. Dear Leader Tom Cotton in 2024.

The course of the Republican party is already set. It's not like four more years of Trump lets racists and fascists blow off their steam and then go back home and say "well we got a good 8 year run. let a bunch of kids die in camps, killed +160k by incompetence and totally borked institutions meant to safeguard rights we're good forever". Four more years of a Trump presidency is a pretty well-known factor, since we have the past four years to gauge what he'll do.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is this what she means by "Ingraham Angle"?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I guess this person is right: we shouldn't have opened restaurants for dine-in.

I've never seen a meme that's more full of poo poo. To imply whoever made/shared this didn't care about any of those things is ludicrous.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this kid I vaguely know is also a big fan of Jair Bolsonaro

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Jesus Christ, while I am pro-choice, I can at least respect people that are fully “pro-life” and not just “pro-fetus to control women”. But two comments just made my soul hurt.

A post and then it follows by a prison guard arguing that they deserve to die regardless of if they are innocent or not. The guy arguing that innocent people get killed supposedly worked for the CIA in the past.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
It's like these people want open loving murder season. Oh wait, they do

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, usually in these situations people are quick to post the person's past criminal record...of which this kid has one. Including "disobeying an officer" which these people say is grounds for summary execution without trial. Iiiiiiiinteresting double standard there that couldn't possibly be due to skin color.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The “Molotov cocktail” appears to be a plastic bag and a soda bottle.

But yes even if it was still don’t think you should use deadly force to defend property.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

bawfuls posted:

this kid I vaguely know is also a big fan of Jair Bolsonaro

As soon as I saw "Dindu" I knew it was going to be good Incredibly racist

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You know who else thought some people were inessential

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Every single person is essential, every life matters, now get out there and die for the GDP

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

VitalSigns posted:

Every single person is essential, every life matters, now get out there and die for the GDP

I wonder how the "every person is essential" types feel about whether a person whom a police officer says he felt scared of and therefore shot a bunch was "essential". I suspect not.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I like the line about mental health and abusive households. Zero doubt in my mind that anybody who genuinely reposts this doesn't give the least amount of a poo poo about mental health or domestic violence in any meaningful way. It's just there for plausible deniability. (Think Nazi Germany).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We need to address mental health and domestic violence...if you're suffering from either get back to work at Chili's you lazy welfare queen I want my fajitas

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
I got a spicy one from a chud on FB.

https://imgur.com/a/AlgKSej

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Facebook really has rotted dumb peoples brains. Imagine your opinion being shaped by memes? These are the same people who were scared to touch a computer 10 years ago.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Invalid Validation posted:

Facebook really has rotted dumb peoples brains. Imagine your opinion being shaped by memes? These are the same people who were scared to touch a computer 10 years ago.

I stopped spending much time on it a few months ago. It's been an enormous help to my emotional state.

I made the mistake of logging in last night, read a couple of idiotic anti mask screeds, felt stupid, made a quick "I'm alive, you can text or call me if you need poo poo!" post...and will be logging off again unless something big happens.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

I'm still amazed by how many people over the age of 40 will believe any damned thing in the world is a verbatim quote, so long as it's pasted over someone's portrait.

One coworker on my first day at a (university!) job showed me some bullshit Pelosi quote about undocumented immigrants having and deserving more rights than US citizens, pasted over her portrait.

Guy honestly just didn't care when I told him it wasn't real, because it's not about the information at all. It's mostly a tribal or partisan icebreaker social test.

Edit: it's like people whose only humor is referential stuff, basically a cloaked way of asking "You're My Man, Right?" so it sounds less lonely or desperate

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 28, 2020

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If only they would use how memes make them “feel” towards actual empathy. I mean they only give a poo poo about themselves so they should just ignore everything outside of their bubble since 99% of it does not effect them.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
I've just stopped being diplomatic about this stuff entirely, since unplugging from Facebook years ago all I see for these things is documentation like Snopes and this thread, with the occasional bleed-through into real life when a gullible social media user spouts off in person.

I had to explain Pizza Gate not being real to someone, about two weeks ago. He thought it was a catch-all term for pedo celebrity scandals. Offered the NYmag Intelligencer breakdown of Epstein's book of names when he was trying to figure out whether (Democrat-supporting) celebrities XYZ were part of all that, but the guy would rather watch twenty minutes of YouTube commentary than spend ten reading an accurate synopsis.

At least he's now aware of the full batshit scope of Q conspiracy world, whose satanic cannibal furniture slave molesters (conveniently being about 80% comprised of mainstream Democrat-supporting celebrities and politicians) have turned him away from that path by dumping it on him all at once, rather than letting someone else feed it to him incrementally.

Edit: it helps that the actual Pizza Gate gunman is from my state, and his imaginary basement rescue mission happened YEARS ago.

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 28, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sweart gliwere posted:

I'm still amazed by how many people over the age of 40 will believe any damned thing in the world is a verbatim quote, so long as it's pasted over someone's portrait.

One coworker on my first day at a (university!) job showed me some bullshit Pelosi quote about undocumented immigrants having and deserving more rights than US citizens, pasted over her portrait.

Guy honestly just didn't care when I told him it wasn't real, because it's not about the information at all. It's mostly a tribal or partisan icebreaker social test.

Edit: it's like people whose only humor is referential stuff, basically a cloaked way of asking "You're My Man, Right?" so it sounds less lonely or desperate

Someone called my dad out on a fake quote from Pelosi and Schumer and his response was "They may not have said it, but they believe it"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It all folds under its weight to even the slightest scrutiny, if you took even a few minutes to think about it you’d realize how dumb it is. They’d rather just accept the stupid poo poo as reality cause it’s easier to blame things on people you don’t like instead of having to deal directly with the beliefs you have held as true for so long. It’s pure intellectual laziness.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

It’s pure intellectual laziness.

America.txt

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Oh, they got this all screwed up. They swapped the top and bottom panels and their captions to boot.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Medullah posted:

Someone called my dad out on a fake quote from Pelosi and Schumer and his response was "They may not have said it, but they believe it"

I'm going to have to keep posting this forever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
just edit a pic of your dad with impact font saying something he would hate.

throw that poo poo back in his face till he :sever: you himself or stops.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

I have never seen that before and it was really good thank you.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I have been off Facebook for years, I can't imagine what my mental state would be if I was checking it daily. And I don't even have real child relatives. Definitely disconnect yourself for your health.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

"We've all been itching to murder protesters."

Yeah we already kinda knew this.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

robziel posted:

I have never seen that before and it was really good thank you.

It blows my mind that he called all this poo poo a few weeks before John McCain went all in on Sarah Palin.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons.. Hundreds of rabid, m...essy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement.. You want them gone immediately!.. You call the city and 4 different exterminators, but nobody can handle the job.. But there is this one guy, and he guarantees to get rid of them, so you hire him.. You don't care if the guy swears, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he has a plumber's crack, you simply want those raccoons gone!..
You want your problem fixed!.. He's the guy.. He's the best!

Here's why we want Trump: Yes, he's a bit of a jerk; Yes, he's an egomaniac; but we don't care!.

The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republicans and Democrats can be two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere.. We want it all fixed!.. We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he insults people, we don't care that he's been married 3 times, we don't care that he fights with Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, we don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist.. This country became weak and bankrupt, our enemies were making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo, and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; "AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED”.. And Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.

We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, sick of the Republican Party, and sick of illegals!.. We just want this thing fixed.. Trump may not be a Saint, but we didn’t vote for a Pope.. We voted for a man who doesn't have lobbyist money holding him back, a man who doesn't have political correctness restraining him.. We all know that he has been very successful, he’s a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also NOT a politician, NOT a cowardly politician.!

And he says he'll fix it.. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong, or looked at and called a liar.. Also, we don't care if the guy has bad hair.. We just want those raccoons gone, out of our house, NOW!!!

You are welcome to copy/paste/share this.. Thousands of people who haven't voted in 25 years seem to be getting involved.. And the more people get this message, the more that will understand why Trump was elected..The raccoons have got to go!!!YoWhy I will vote for Trump.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'd rather have raccoons then the average Trump supporter, atleast the former will only get into my trash.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'm not actually sure where "m...essy" was going. Is it Muslim? I fear its Muslim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003