Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

The DDT street wrestling show from today (their farewell to the Toshimaen theme park before it closes next week) is free on Abema for 6 days https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/9oGB53CepV3Ywy

Jiro Kuroshio vs Shunma Katsumata
Danshoku Dieno and Yukio Naya vs Saki Akai and Kazusada Higuchi
Super Sasadango Machine, Keigo Nakamura and Yuna Manase (with Kuro-chan) vs Akito, Mizuki Watase and An Chamu (with Otake)
Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Mad Paulie vs HARASHIMA, Yuki Ueno and Naomi Yoshimura
Atsushi Onita, Sanshiro Takagi and Chris Brookes vs Shinya Aoki, Caol Uno and Konosuke Takeshita in a street current blast deathmatch
Don't sleep on this, it's incredibly fun, something for just about everyone, from fun brawls around the park, deathmatch wrestling and serious wrestling.

Content warning though: the 8-person tag in the third match features two gravure models and a lot of sexual content Including part of An's butt crack, Kuro-Chan being a massive creepy pervert, and a (covered) topless Yuna Manase. Also Danshoku Dino who is a deal-breaker on concept alone for a lot of people, but besides Dino's usual bare-rear end spots it's pretty tame.

I think my favorite lowkey moments were just how genuinely irritated Saki Akai looked being covered in foam and ruining her hair and makeup and Damnation's entrance. I'm happy to see as many Ikeman matches as I can before he inevitably gets lost in the shuffle and has everything unique about him stripped from him in NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I put up a lot with DDT but I can't deal with Kuro-chan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I put up a lot with DDT but I can't deal with Kuro-chan
He is gross as poo poo, and I wish Monster House had never taken off because even if he's just playing a character it's not a fun character to watch. I preferred it when he was the butt of jokes, like when he stayed in a room for 30 hours with no clock or a camera crew followed him so they could call out his bullshit social media posts.

He didn't do much in the match beyond his licking behind the knee shtick

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 28, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GLEATs debut show looks well.. glood at least. syuri's quickly become one of my faves since joining ddm

GLEAT "GLEAT VOL. 0", 15.10.2020
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. NOSAWA Rongai vs. Kaz Hayashi
2. UWF Rules: Takanori Ito & Kazuki Okubo vs. Masakatsu Funaki & Minoru Tanaka
3. UWF Rules: Syuri vs. Yuu
4. Soma Watanabe vs. Kenoh
5. Super Dream Match: Jun Akiyama , Daisuke Sekimoto & Shuhei Taniguchi vs. Sugiura , Kazuyuki Fujita & Kendo Kashin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Syuri has been good for ages, it's a drat shame that she hasn't gotten the same exposure her peers have. Makoto's in the same boat

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've been told Shida wants Syuri to work AEW at some point.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I watched a NOAH show (4/19) and while I was skipping to the Jr. Heavyweight title match I saw that there was this weird match between Takashi Sugiura and some dude named Rocky Kawamura (who's apparently a legit MMA fighter). It started as a boxing match, until at some point Sugiura gets his gloves off and starts really wrestling, all the while Rocky is screaming incoherently for some reason. It ended with a count-out finish where Sugiura managed to tie Rocky's gloves to some metal fixture, and Rocky nearly made it to the ring before literally faceplanting in front of it. It's very weird and entertaining, I did not expect to see Toru Yano-style antics in NOAH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is that Gleat show gonna be livestreamed/archived anywhere? I don't recall hearing that part mentioned, or maybe that's gonna be known closer to the date of the event

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Is that Gleat show gonna be livestreamed/archived anywhere? I don't recall hearing that part mentioned, or maybe that's gonna be known closer to the date of the event

We don't know for the time being but with the way puro is I'd just assume it's either going to be filmed for SamuraiTV or at least for NicoNico. And hell, since LIDET have connections with NOAH maybe it'll end up on Wrestle Universe? But that's me speculating.

29/8/2020, Saturday

11am JST/3am BST/10pm EST/7pm PST

NJPW Strong Episode 4
Unknown venue
Danny Limelight vs. Jordan Clearwater
Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks, ACH & TJP vs. Adrian Quest, Blake Christian, Barrett Brown & Misterioso
Chase Owens vs. PJ Black
Streamed on NJPW World as live

12pm JST/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Tokyo Princess Cup Finals
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Tokyo Princess Cup Semi Final: Mizuki Vs Maki Itoh
Tokyo Princess Cup Semi Final: Shoko Nakajima Vs Miyu Yamashita
Tokyo Princess Cup Final: X Vs X
Rest of the card tba
Live on Wrestle Universe

I didn't include it but if you want to watch the King of HardHit opening round it's on live NicoNico at 2pm JST. The little I know about Hard Hit I guess it's kind of like early Pancrase, except it's definitely (I think? GWBushi can probably correct me) a work where as early Pancrase is only sometimes a work.

5pm JST/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

NJPW Summer Struggle in Jingu
Meiji Jingu Stadium, Tokyo
Master Wato vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
KOPW Finals: Toru Yano vs El Desperado vs SANADA vs Kazuchika Okada
NEVER Openweight title: Shingo Takagi(c) vs Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Jr Heavyweight title: Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs Taiji Ishimori
IWGP Heavyweight Tag title: Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi(c) vs Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Heavyweight & IWGP Intercontinental titles: EVIL(c)(c) vs Tetsuya Naito
Live on NJPW World

6pm JST/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

DDT Damnation Illegal Rally Returns
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Reiwa’s Summer Battle!: Nobuhiro Shimatani Vs Chikara
3 Way Match: El Lindaman Vs Antonio Honda Vs Intelligence Sensational Grand Passion Mask #4
Soma Takao & T-Hawk Vs Mineo Fujita & Leo Isaka
Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Paulie Vs Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya
Tetsuya Endo Debut 8th Anniversary Match: Tetsuya Endo vs Ryuichi Sekine
Special Single Match: Daisuke Sasaki Vs Tsutomu Oosugi
Live on Wrestle Universe

23/08/2020, Sunday

11:30am JST/3:30am BST/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

AJPW Summer Action Series 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yuma Aoyagi & Atsuki Aoyagi vs Akira Francesco & Rising HAYATO
Yoshitatsu, Yusuke Okada & Carbell Ito
Ryouji Sai, Hikaru Sato & Takashi Daimonji
Takao Omori, Black Menso~re, Masanobu Fuchi & Osamu Nishimura vs Enfants Terribles (Shotaro Ashino, Kuma Arashi, Yusuke Kodama & Hokuto Omori
JIN (Jake Lee & Fuminori Abe) vs Purple Haze (Zeus & Izanagi)
EWA Intercontinental title: TAJIRI(c) vs UTAMARO
AJPW Junior title: Koji Iwamoto(c) vs Dan Tamura
AJPW World Tag Team title: Violent Giants (Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa)(c) vs Kento Miyahara & Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
Live on AJPW TV

4pm JST/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Kawasaki, GO! 2020
Kultz, Kawasaki
Mohamed Yone vs Yuko Miyamoto
Daisuke Harada, YO-HEY & Kinya Okada vs Kongo (Hao, Nio & Tadasuke)
Kaito Kiyomiya, Daiki Inaba & Haruya Morohashi vs Sugiura-gun (Hideki Suzuki, Kaz Hayashi & NOSAWA)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag title: Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA)(c) vs Full Throttle (Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara)
GHC Junior Heavyweight title: Kotaro Suzuki(c) vs Seiki Yoshioka
M's Alliance (Keiji Muto, Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki & M) vs Kongo (Kenoh, Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya & Yoshiki Inamura
GHC Tag title: AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura & Kazushi Sakuraba)
Broadcast on G+ Friday 30th August

Dragon Gate The Gate of Adventure
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Ultimo Dragon & Masato Yoshino & Ryo Saito vs. Strong Machine J & Jason Lee & Dragon Dia
Susumu Yokosuka & Don Fujii vs. Gamma & Keisuke Okuda
Genki Horiguchi vs. Kzy
Ben-K & Kota Minoura vs. YAMATO & Yosuke♡Santa Maria
Kento Kobune & Taketo Kamei & Madoka Kikuta vs. Eita & BxB Hulk & H・Y・O
Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid & Yasushi Kanda & Kagetora vs. Big R Shimizu & Kaito Ishida & Diamante & Takashi Yoshida
Live on DG Network

Some really good shows this weekend but then very little through the weekend. There is a WAVE show on the 1st & the usual midweek Ice Ribbon dojo show. Super mad I can't see the NOAH show live which means I will 100% be spoiled on who the secret new M's Alliance member is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Couple of interesting notes on tomorrow's All Japan show

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1299588739879055360?s=20

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1299360373657800704?s=20

So Kodama is out & Enfants will replace him with a new member, & there's also a veteran Junior from outside AJPW who will probably challenge the winner of Iwamoto & Tamura.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Omori having a wee headbang to Fuel is adorable, as is his mini goatee.

New Enfants member is another ex-WRESTLE1 guy, Koji Doi

And the next Jr challenger is Ikuto Hidaka from ZERO 1.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 30, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Dangit, for a second there I hoped it was Nomura :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Definitely not having a wee cry having read about a big surprise at the NOAH show. God hurry up and be Thursday so I can get this watched

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Uh major, major NOAH spoilers Nakajima betrayed Go to join Kongoh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is why Tekkers are the purest friends

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does that make any sense? A complete swerve? I've only started getting into NOAH, maybe Kenoh's knockout kick did a number on Nakajima's head?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Does that make any sense? A complete swerve? I've only started getting into NOAH, maybe Kenoh's knockout kick did a number on Nakajima's head?

Before AXIZ had formed in 2018 Nakajima had teamed with Masa Kitamiya as AGGRESSION, they were both Kensuke Sasaki trainees, so there's definitely history there. In fact the last time Aggression tagged together was a 6 man tag with...Kenoh! So it's kind of surprising but there is history there. I'm interested to see how it plays out though also kind of distraught to see my boys fall out

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sugiuraman_106/status/1300068837870596096?s=19

Toru Sugiura preparing for his KFC defence today

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was looking for the start dates of all the big singles tournaments this month (AJPW 13th, NOAH 18th, NJPW 19th) and ended up looking at the NOAH card for the 13th & there's Alexander Otsuka, The Diet Butcher, staring back at me. Teaming with fellow Battlarts alum Yone, wonder if this is prep for him working GLEAT.

Anyway, thought I'd list all the overlaps between the various shows this month because honestly I'm super excited like the big dumb mark I am.

13th September AJPW no clashes
15th September AJPW no clashes
18th September NOAH no clashes
19th September NJPW no clashes
20th September NOAH & NJPW may overlap slightly as 2 hour start time difference.
21st September AJPW no clashes
23rd September 2 NOAH shows, 2nd overlaps with NJPW. This is a toughie to choose between, NOAH show has Mochizuki vs Shiozaki, Kiyomiya vs Sakuraba, Sugiura vs Nakajima & Kenoh vs Marufuji. Hurry up announce your cards Gedo!
24th September NJPW no clashes
26th September AJPW & NOAH clash Miyahara vs Ishikawa, Zeus vs Jake Lee, Ashino vs Yoshitatsu, Kuma vs Jiro against Shiozaki vs Kitamiya, Mochizuki vs Soya, Marufuji vs Taniguchi, Nakajima vs Inamura. Nakajima
27th September NJPW no clashes
29th September NJPW no clashes
30th September NJPW no clashes
1st October NJPW no clashes
4th October NOAH no clashes
5th October AJPW & NJPW clash Champion Carnival Finals baby awoooo
6th October NJPW no clashes
7th October NJPW no clashes
8th October NJPW no clashes
10th October NJPW no clashes
11th October NOAH & NJPW slight overlap as 2 hour start time difference. N1 Victory Finals.
13th October NJPW
14th October NJPW
16th October NJPW
17th October NJPW
18th October NJPW

There aren't many days off, assuming everything is available to watch live.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I just learned that Brodie Lee and Shingo had a match in Dragon Gate in 2011. Was it any good?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MJeff posted:

So I just learned that Brodie Lee and Shingo had a match in Dragon Gate in 2011. Was it any good?

Assuming you're talking about the Gate Of Victory one from October 2011, per the only review of the show on cagematch it's "surprisingly good". I don't know if that show is on DG Network though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

I tried looking for it & instead ended up reading this review: https://viewsfromthehawkesnest.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/brodie-lee-vs-shingo-takagi-from-dragon-gate-2011/

"This is probably the greatest match in Dragon Gate history. (***1/4)"

Excuse me while I combust in anger at this sentence followed by star rating.

Oh wait, Bili Bili comes out with the goods once again: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av841644270/ I won't have a chance to watch this tonight but fire away MJeff & let us know if it in fact is the greatest match in DG history at 3 1/4 stars.

Anyway, I just upset myself by being convinced that the NOAH show was broadcast on G+ tomorrow but it's going to be Friday until I see AXIZ vs Sugiura-gun. Learn to read a calendar you dope.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I tried looking for it & instead ended up reading this review: https://viewsfromthehawkesnest.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/brodie-lee-vs-shingo-takagi-from-dragon-gate-2011/

"This is probably the greatest match in Dragon Gate history. (***1/4)"

Excuse me while I combust in anger at this sentence followed by star rating.

I've stumbled on that blog multiple times searching for matches, and he's ridiculous. Claims Akira Tozawa is one of the worst wrestlers he's ever seen. Fodder for the dumb fan thread.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
tj's good. he has a certain paradigm of what kind of wrestling he enjoys and admits dg isn't it. he's not of the segunda caida vein of just talking about what punches look real or not, just that he has his idiosyncratic view of wrestling (we've butted heads a lot and i like him a good deal)

shingo vs brodie lee was good. brodie was brought in through dgusa as a big monster heel (was feuding with masaaki mochizuki pre bw/jiii). got flown to japan for like 3 matches and 8 minutes of ring time in december 2010. probably would have done more as he meshed with everyone quite well, but he had knee problems (well before the wwe knee problems) after his knee went out in a big ronin/yoshino vs bw match in dgusa, got that fixed, got signed, and that was that. gabe kinda booked him like poo poo as well.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

tj's good. he has a certain paradigm of what kind of wrestling he enjoys and admits dg isn't it. he's not of the segunda caida vein of just talking about what punches look real or not, just that he has his idiosyncratic view of wrestling (we've butted heads a lot and i like him a good deal)

shingo vs brodie lee was good. brodie was brought in through dgusa as a big monster heel (was feuding with masaaki mochizuki pre bw/jiii). got flown to japan for like 3 matches and 8 minutes of ring time in december 2010. probably would have done more as he meshed with everyone quite well, but he had knee problems (well before the wwe knee problems) after his knee went out in a big ronin/yoshino vs bw match in dgusa, got that fixed, got signed, and that was that. gabe kinda booked him like poo poo as well.

I'm sorry but calling Tozawa the worst wrestler in Dragon Gate when Punch and GAMMA are right there...

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm sorry but calling Tozawa the worst wrestler in Dragon Gate when Punch and GAMMA are right there...

gamma's the wrestler of the year in 2020 and punch tominaga had a legit 4 star match this month.

now if we want to talk about takashi yoshida, he can kick the bricks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If, like me, you've been eagerly waiting for someone to upload the NOAH show from the 30th all day then good news

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1301919698083340288?s=20

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

If, like me, you've been eagerly waiting for someone to upload the NOAH show from the 30th all day then good news

Any idea when this goes up on their streaming service?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

duckdealer posted:

Any idea when this goes up on their streaming service?

Weirdly it's not on the Wrestle Universe upload schedule. I kinda of hope it'll still make it on there eventually but for the time being I can't really say if or when that'll happen.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Weirdly it's not on the Wrestle Universe upload schedule. I kinda of hope it'll still make it on there eventually but for the time being I can't really say if or when that'll happen.

Ah dang.

Well hopefully it gets put up at some point. Thanks!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

5/9/2020, Saturday

12:30pm JST/4:30am BST/11:30pm EST/8:30pm PST

Stardom 5 Star GP 2020
Shinkiba 1st RING, Tokyo
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Mayu Iwatami vs Konami
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Giulia vs Saya Kamitani
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Tam Nakano vs DEATH Yama-san
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Starlight Kid vs Himeka
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Momo Watanabe vs Natsuko Toura
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Jungle Kyona vs AZM
Saya Iida & Hanan vs Utami Hayashishita & Hina
Saki Kashima vs Maika vs Rina
Uploaded to Stardom World eventually

7pm JST/11pm BST/6am EST/3am PST

New Japan Road
Makuhari Messe, Chiba
Satoshi Kojima vs Yota Tsuji
Yuya Uemura, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto vs Gabriel Kidd, SHO, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada
Tomoaki Honma, Yuji Nagata, Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi & Minoru Suzuki
SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito vs Jado, Yujiro & EVIL
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs Gedo & Taiji Ishimori
Live on NJPW World

6/9/2020, Sunday

Stardom 5 Star GP 2020
Sendai PIT, Sendai
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Giulia vs Konami
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Tam Nakano vs Starlight Kid
5 Star GP Red Star Block: Saya Kamitani vs Himeka
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Momo Watanabe vs Shuri
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Utami Hayashishita vs AZM
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Jungle Kyona vs Saya Iida
5 Star GP Blue Star Block: Maika vs Natsuko Toura
Mayu Iwatami & Hanan vs Rina & Hina
Uploaded to Stardom World eventually

3pm JST/7am BST/2am EST/11pm PST

New Japan Road
Makuhari Messe, Chiba
Yuji Nagata vs Yuya Uemura
Gabriel Kidd, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto vs Yota Tsuji, SHO, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada
Tomoaki Honma, Satoshi Kojima, Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi & Minoru Suzuki
SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito vs Jado, Yujiro & EVIL
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado vs Gedo & Taiji Ishimori
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi
Live on NJPW World

Pro Wrestling NOAH The Spirit
Fujisan Messe, Fuji
Daisuke Harada vs Kinya Okada
Mohamed Yone vs Masa Kitamiya
Takashi Sugiura & NOSAWA vs Naomichi Marufuji & YO-HEY
Full Throttle (Atsushi Kotoge, Hajime Ohara & Seiki Yoshioka vs Kongo (Tadasuke, Hao & Nio)
Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Yoshiki Inamura
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe 9/9

Tokyo Joshi Pro I Just Like Osaka
Azalea Taisho Hall, Osaka
Card TBA
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe 9/9

7/9/2020, Monday

6:30pm JST/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

DDT Get Alive 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Akito & Yukio Naya vs Makoto Oishi & Mizuki Watase
Super Sasadango Machine & Antonio Honda vs Kazuki Hirata & Keigo Nakamura
KO-D 6-Man Tag Title: Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai(c) vs Danshoku Dieno, Seigo Tachibana & Yoshiko
Team Big Boomers (Jun Akiyama & Sanshiro Takagi) vs ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata
DDT Universal title: Chris Brookes(c) vs Drew Parker
Elimination Tag: Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo, Soma Takao, Mad Paulie & Nobuhiro Shimatani vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA, Naomichi Marufuji, Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Toru Owashi)
Live on Wrestle Universe

9/9/2020, Wednesday

New Japan Road
Sunplaza Hall, Sendai
Satoshi Kojima vs Yota Tsuji
Yuya Uemura, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto vs Gabriel Kidd, SHO, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada
Tomoaki Honma, Yuji Nagata, Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi & Minoru Suzuki
SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito vs Yujiro, Dick Togo & EVIL
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Gedo & Taiji Ishimori
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament: BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado
Live on NJPW World

Dragon Gate Storm Gate 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Gamma
Keisuke Okuda vs HYO
Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Punch Tominaga vs Takashi Yoshida & Diamante
Ultimo Dragon, Don Fujii & Shuji Kondo vs Kento Kobune, Taketo Kamei & Madoka Kikuta
Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuma & Kagetora vs Kzy, Strong Machine J, Kota Minoura & Jason Lee
Ben-K & Dragon Dia vs Kaito Ishida & Kazma Sakamoto
Number Change 6 Man Tag: Big R Shimizu, Eita & YAMATO vs KAI, BxB Hulk & Masato Yoshino (it's to do with entrance numbers for the big cage match coming up at Dangerous Gate)
Live on DG Network

11/9/2020, Friday

New Japan Road
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
IWGP Junior Tag Title Tournament Final: 2 teams with the best record against each other, winner gets the belt
NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Title: YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto vs SHO, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada
Rest of the card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Other Stuff
There's Ice Ribbon at 12pm JST on the 5th, Wave at 12pm JST on the 6th, 2AW at 2pm JST on the 6th, JWP at 4pm on the 6th, Oz Academy at 6pm on the 6th, Actwres Girlz at 6:30pm on the 6th, Basara at 7pm on the 8th, Big Japan at 7pm on the 9th, Ice Ribbon at 7:30pm on the 9th & Marvelous at 7pm on the 11th. But not going to translate wrestler names for cards that I'm not even sure are airing anywhere.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A post where I put my thoughts on this NOAH show from 30/8

Yone Miyamoto was surprisingly stiff for a nothing opener. Not actually much to say but they blasted each other in the face some.

Okada, Harada & YO-HEY vs Kongo Juniors. Okada is fun and has decent young boy fire. Tadasuke has made his Kongo gear from the same 1970s curtains that Hao & Nio used which is a nice but awful touch. Sure my parents had the same pattern but in green and gold 3 decades ago. Tadasuke seems have come out of the RATEL'S split elevated and in his interactions with Harada in particular he really shows something. Though maybe this is just Daisuke being really good.

Suzuki, Hayashi and NOSAWA vs Kiyomiya, Inaba & Morohashi and the first thing is Sugiura-gun reminding me how cool their shirts with Sugi's dog are.

Jr Tag title match; love HAYATA going with the lowest effort bodyslam to setup a top rope moonsault. Also always admiring HAYATA's eyeliner game. The crowd got really loud for a near fall when Ohara had HAYATA in a modified single leg crab, sounded like everyone in the arena clapping for the escape. Ogawa and HAYTA are such a weird combo but I love it. Kotoge's irrepressible energy always comes through and he seems he would be annoying to know IRL. Ogawa always makes his limb work look brutal. Crowds haven't been much louder than this in the COVID era, it was fun and made me more into this

Jr title match was decent but more into the tag. Guess I'm saving the main event for tomorrow because I'm old & 2am is late to me now.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 5, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Shiozaki had a title defense against Marufuji last month, but it isn't in Wrestle Universe. Is it going to be uploaded (I know it isn't instant) or not?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Shiozaki had a title defense against Marufuji last month, but it isn't in Wrestle Universe. Is it going to be uploaded (I know it isn't instant) or not?

RealHero got you covered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_2tWYoNG4

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I hadn't even noticed that show isn't up on Universe. I cannot work out what gets uploaded and what doesn't. That was another G+ show so I guess maybe they don't go up quickly. Shame as they are often big shows.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Much appreciated forkboy, hopefully i'll have time to check this out tomorrow after the New Japan show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nakajima's Kongoh entrance

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1302538883087790080?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 6, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He looks incredibly cool.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He's surely winning the N1