Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
A huge windstorm kicked up and the power immediately died at the little beach cabin we rented. Really hoping it comes back before I crash or else I'm without my cpap tonight :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was going through old smilies, and some of the ones I forgot about brought back good posting memories, but one in particular reminded me of a time I participated in some "ironic" humor that had some not good stuff and it feels bad man. Good news is I purged it literally like five years ago so I came to that choice on my own, but it's still a Y I K E S

Ah well, I think lots of us have matured as time has passed in that way.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Adult Swim introduced me to Cowboy Bebop via a marathon while I was drunk off my rear end, which led me to Samurai Champloo, which are the only two anime series I've ever bothered to watch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This reminds me that I need to rewatch Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo because I only saw them as a teen and don't actually remember them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thought of a funny joke.

me watching peter greenaway: every frame a painting :razzy:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

thought of a funny joke.

Lmfao

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

thought of a funny joke.

:mmmhmm:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That 550 car repair hits different when you can’t find work. Thank god for credit cards I guess lol

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

That 550 car repair hits different when you can’t find work. Thank god for credit cards I guess lol

I’d take care to pay that off as promptly as you feasibly can. I don’t mean this to boss you around, but to warn you that everything to do with credit cards is predatory and exploitative as all hell. got to watch my father tank his finances to the point of bankruptcy over them, so I speak from bitter (albeit anecdotal) experience

in unrelated and much nicer news: I have new little houseguests to spoil!

from top to bottom: this is Dee Dee and her daughters Daphne, Darla, Darlene, and Dorothy. (The names came with them; we didn’t get to pick ‘em.) They all came up here from a really crowded shelter in Merced, California, in a little carrier in a van with like twenty other dogs. The puppies are exactly as fat and sassy as puppies are supposed to be, and one of them even has a hold placed on her already (that is, someone already wants to adopt her as soon as she’s ready for a forever home)! Their mom, however, is going to want some extra time and love, because she’s got some pretty clear trust issues. That said, if anyone can convince her that humans are okay, it’s my mother and me, and I have every confidence that Dee Dee would be a great little companion to some empty-nester who wants something to spoil between visits from the grandkids, just as long as we get enough time with her. Hell, she’s already made admirable progress in the two weeks she’s been here: she’ll take treats and nibbles from your hand, now, and if you (act like you) don’t pay attention to it she might even snuggle up next to you, at least until (she knows) you noticed her. They’re all gonna be perfect forever puppies for somebody, I just know it :3: :3: :3:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you Onion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Little doggy dog doggity dogs :3:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

5-D

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

it took me like four hours to post that because I kept trying to upload those pictures as attachments but my phone or internet or w/e didn’t cooperate. sorry I couldn’t make the spouse abuser/child neglecter pay for the bandwidth for those great puppers :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Me seeing those dog pictures:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me seeing dogs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SatansOnion posted:

I’d take care to pay that off as promptly as you feasibly can. I don’t mean this to boss you around, but to warn you that everything to do with credit cards is predatory and exploitative as all hell. got to watch my father tank his finances to the point of bankruptcy over them, so I speak from bitter (albeit anecdotal) experience

fair and good advice, but i am already deeply hosed and just staving off the inevitable bankruptcy. but no car means i can't even do the grubhub side income that is keeping me slightly below the surface. at this point i know absolutely that ruined credit is in my future, nothing you can really do but hold on and hope it evens out some day a decade or so from now.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Just caught up and found out venture bros is cancelled

gently caress this stupid place

All the things you like will be ripped from you

Never love anything. This is the lesson. Do not even love your spouse. One day they will cancel the venture bros of your heart

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What kind of desserts do y'all like?

Nothing beats a classic NY Cheesecake or a slice of Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream for me but this week I've been craving a good cannoli.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another slice of pizza

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

one time I had a little container of I think it was raspberry ice cream with dark chocolate bits in it and also a ribbon of lavender-flavored mascarpone and it was amazing, just utter bliss by the spoonful

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Love a nice hot walnut brownie

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mint chip ice cream
Fresh cookies
Lemon cake
Dark chocolate covered fruits

I'm a dessert boy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Desserts are good, the trouble is that people always wanna eat it way too soon after the proper meal, and the proper meal is usually loving delicious and I'd like some time to sit and enjoy the flavor before adding an entirely different kind of taste to the mix.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I like all desserts.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A cookies and cream milkshake is divine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

two eggs over easy from the diner that puts just a little too much sugar on them as compared to the doctor's orders!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Desserts are good, the trouble is that people always wanna eat it way too soon after the proper meal, and the proper meal is usually loving delicious and I'd like some time to sit and enjoy the flavor before adding an entirely different kind of taste to the mix.

I have a very strict regimen of dinner around 6 and dessert around 8:30 because I'm definitely not a robot.

TV Zombie posted:

I like all desserts.

Agreed. If I was going to narrow it down to one genre I'd probably go with ice cream though. Tonight's dessert was a homemade oatmeal plum bar with similarly homemade blueberry frozen yogurt. Also some chocolate because why not?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

S’mores are mankind’s greatest invention

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

butter cookie

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Baklava babey

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Man 80's Excalibur really knew how to make armor shine. I'm always going to love this movie for it's visuals and music. And of course Merlin.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PceAhnXuwCw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i drink your milkshake i drink it up! me to me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/iRpyVEMnYTc

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Burnt hazelnut butter cake, which my partner got for my bday this week. It is the best cake I have ever had and I regret that it is finished, but not really, because we are getting another for her bday in a week.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Artelier posted:

Burnt hazelnut butter cake, which my partner got for my bday this week. It is the best cake I have ever had and I regret that it is finished, but not really, because we are getting another for her bday in a week.

How much better would it have been if it wasn't burned

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is legit possibly the best I've felt since quarantine started and all my brain is doing is telling me "No, bad things are happening, you're not allowed to feel good" and also "The other shoe will drop soon, just wait fool mwahahahaha"

But real talk I am happy and distressed about it, what the gently caress is that

Also my partner tested negative for rona in case anyone wondered so yay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feel good when you feel good and don't feel guilty about it, friend :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Not allowing yourself to feel good will have precisely zero benefit to anyone, so just have at it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Feel good when you feel good and don't feel guilty about it, friend :)

Seconded, hold on loosely but don’t let go