Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Anshu posted:

No, that's Gorgonzola. Gestapo is a class of Mollusks that includes snails, whelks, and slugs.

No, that's gastropoda. Gestapo is an Italian astronomer who got imprisoned by the Inquisition for claiming that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Colin Mockery posted:

No, that's gastropoda. Gestapo is an Italian astronomer who got imprisoned by the Inquisition for claiming that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

No, that's Galileo. Everybody knows Gestapo is a fragrance released by the Marciano brothers' perfume house.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

HONK HYDRA

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Tremek posted:

Me: Do you think it's OK to be the internet Gestapo and be digging into peoples' RL?

Kris: yes

Me: Do you know what Gestapo means

Kris: yes

Me: so you're a Nazi

imagine being so dumb you think this is even logically coherent, let alone a Good Post

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Hello Sailor posted:

No, that's Galileo. Everybody knows Gestapo is a fragrance released by the Marciano brothers' perfume house.

No, that's Guess. Everybody knows gestapo is a German traveler and novelist born in 1816.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tremek posted:

Because you either quit the game a hero or poopsock long enough to become the villain, and there's a lot of tears itt. Come at bro

You can't use that defence when someone asks you why you hate Chinese people, you massive idiot.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
turning my racism up to 100% to desperately become the bad guy to own the goons

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Kaysette posted:

turning my racism up to 100% to desperately become the bad guy to own the goons

if it's transphobia, it's called the Rowling Gambit

I think racism is the Alt Right Shuffle

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Remora posted:

if it's transphobia, it's called the Rowling Gambit

I think racism is the Alt Right Shuffle

the Trump Tango, but that's only done at daddy/daughter dances

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

nakieon posted:

No, that's Guess. Everybody knows gestapo is a German traveler and novelist born in 1816.

No, that's Gustav Freytag. Gestapo is the process of a plant developing from a seed or spore after a period of dormancy

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Are you digging into people's RL?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Famethrowa posted:

Are you digging into people's RL?

I’m getting a new washer delivered tomorrow. Washer stock is low country wide in the us. Hope that helps with some rl digging

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Slaan posted:

No, that's Gustav Freytag. Gestapo is the process of a plant developing from a seed or spore after a period of dormancy

No that's germination Gestapo is a castrated animal, especially a male horse.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

CubicalSucrose posted:

No that's germination Gestapo is a castrated animal, especially a male horse.

Ugh, no, that's a gelding. How many loving times do I have to tell you idiots that Gestapo is a whole that's more than the sum of its parts.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

kirbysuperstar posted:

You can't use that defence when someone asks you why you hate Chinese people, you massive idiot.

no u see, my opposition to an alliance named Black Lives Matter was about keeping things chill and non political. Now excuse me while my friends in "China Man Bad" go do some totally chill and not at all racist space things

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Hello Sailor posted:

Ugh, no, that's a gelding. How many loving times do I have to tell you idiots that Gestapo is a whole that's more than the sum of its parts.

Ha, no, that is the word gestalt. Seriously though, gestapo is the process of carrying or being carried in the womb between conception and birth.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

nakieon posted:

Ha, no, that is the word gestalt. Seriously though, gestapo is the process of carrying or being carried in the womb between conception and birth.

No, that's gestation. Gestapo is an American video game, consumer electronics, and gaming merchandise retailer.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

esto es malo posted:

no u see, my opposition to an alliance named Black Lives Matter was about keeping things chill and non political. Now excuse me while my friends in "China Man Bad" go do some totally chill and not at all racist space things
Also where one of the leaders has a "Jews" avatar on the goonswarm forums. You know, normal stuff.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I’m the mature and sensible one in the corp called [POOH]

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Also where one of the leaders has a "Jews" avatar on the goonswarm forums. You know, normal stuff.

its memes guys

its memes

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

No, that's gestation. Gestapo is an American video game, consumer electronics, and gaming merchandise retailer.

No, that's Gamestop. Gestapo is an algorithm in mathematics that you apply to a matrix when you want to find its inverse, if one exists.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Go RV! posted:

its memes guys

its memes

there is no difference between "ironically" being a racist shitbag and actually being a racist shitbag

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

there is no difference between "ironically" being a racist shitbag and actually being a racist shitbag

so you're saying that irony is a convenient cover for racists to be racist and exclusionary, and spread their ideology under the guise of "dark humor"?

im shocked

in a completely unrelated note, POOH requires a voice interview to join. i wonder what criteria "china man bad" may be checking for in a voice interview :thunk:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Welcome to the joke

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I almost got caught in what looked like a low sec gatecamp in my canyue earlier today, but I fit a full suite of stabs when travelling so suck it campers

Patch notes on the discord say they're increasing sentry range but I dunno if that fixes it

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Khris Kruel posted:

the gently caress is a gestapo

It is a old Saxon/Norse word but modern people know it as the Nazi KGB.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Colin Mockery posted:

No, that's Gamestop. Gestapo is an algorithm in mathematics that you apply to a matrix when you want to find its inverse, if one exists.

No, that's gauss. Gestapo is when a person uses broad, wild, or dramatic motions to communicate non-verbally.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Gang tags? I hope I got the sizes right. :ohdear:

With coercer

without coercer

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

No, that's gauss. Gestapo is when a person uses broad, wild, or dramatic motions to communicate non-verbally.

No that’s gesticulating. Gestapo is slang term for a male sex worker.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

With coercer

without coercer

:popeye:

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

The lows and highs of Casual Eve.

Opened my session on 48M ISK. hosed up shipping and lost 30M. Down to 20M.

Chased some news. Final Step of Angel or Devil. Sold Book, up to 85M. Last step of Caldari Mercenary story (Sparring Trial is a pain! That Elite BC hurts!). Sold. Upto 110M.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

HIS HONKER WAS BROKE

or

Perhaps the Real Scam was the Friends We Made Along the Way :shobon:

So, while in a ratting fleet that was farming for deadspace spawns in one of the dead-end systems off the horseshoe, I sold a pubbie a mining permit for 10 million isk, with the idea being that he could buy a mining permit for himself and his corp could buy more mining permits for more isk to, I dunno, get a security detail around so they don’t get murdered while being dumb unprotected miners in nullsec or something.

He sounded really interested in it and was even genuinely grateful that we were too busy farming anomalies to bother hunting around a bunch of belts looking for a single boring miner to kill. But his corp leader was a little bit less naive than he was and didn’t want to just contract over 50 million isk to some random rear end in a top hat one of his corp members met in local, which, fair enough. I wouldn’t do that either.

But why settle for 10 million when a little more effort can get a bigger fish on the hook for 50 million? So I posted in the discord a 2.5 million bounty for the first 3 people to bump into him accidentally and spare his mining life while saying something that acknowledged he purchased a mining permit, as a "please let me scam his corp" bribe.

It turns out, Rytheric was already known to us as being pretty chatty and friendly, and ten million when you’re doing deadspace ops is… not even a lot.

Alligator Tower here was very prescient, guess that’s why he’s head of diplo and on the leadership council:

As part of this gimmick, I also told Rytheric to honk in local if he saw us, so that we would know not to murder him. And honk in local he did:

He even congratulated us when Jazz finally made the alliance for us (third time’s the charm).

And all of that was working. The honking was funny and it was successfully convincing the flock, “this funny-looking thing must be a gosling, maybe I shouldn’t murder it”. The mining permit? Still fake. The safety? Well… that was looking pretty real, and a Venture II’s worth more than 10 million. That’s what people say, anyways. I wouldn’t know because I don’t pay for ships.

This fake mining permit, or possibly real protection racket, was delivering so much safety, in fact, that when Rytheric’s friend Airbrat got himself killing in a mining operation, Rytheric asked around and got referred back to me so that he could buy Airbrat a fake mining permit too.

Of course, as part of this he also had to teach Airbrat how to honk in local.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck. Airbrat disconnected after an angry goose honked at him in system and was unable to honk back in time to show that he was a cute gosling and not an unauthorized miner.

HIS HONKER WAS BROKE

I was busy but other goons (thanks Blessed Blake, thanks Ch4ot1cEv17, thanks thezanke except for the part where you killed him but also that was funny too) quickly did damage control once they realized that someone had squished a maybe-gosling.

After that, I didn’t have the heart to keep the ruse going. I told him what was up and sent him the info for our diplo team. I also gave him some advice on how not to get scammed again and encouragement to keep honking for mercy and maybe offer tribute to particularly bloodthirsty geese.

He took it quite well. Honestly, it sounded like the part that made him the most sad was that all this being a scam meant his corp wasn’t going to have security on a mining op they were hoping to do later.

And even after all that, he was cool and chill in our local.

As the Catgirl Trade Consortium says:

There’s plenty of targets to gank even with one cute naive corp blued.

I have handed them off to (real) diplo hands now. And maybe one day...

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Colin Mockery posted:

HIS HONKER WAS BROKE

or

So, while in a ratting fleet that was farming for deadspace spawns in one of the dead-end systems off the horseshoe, I sold a pubbie a mining permit for 10 million isk, with the idea being that he could buy a mining permit for himself and his corp could buy more mining permits for more isk to, I dunno, get a security detail around so they don’t get murdered while being dumb unprotected miners in nullsec or something.

He sounded really interested in it and was even genuinely grateful that we were too busy farming anomalies to bother hunting around a bunch of belts looking for a single boring miner to kill. But his corp leader was a little bit less naive than he was and didn’t want to just contract over 50 million isk to some random rear end in a top hat one of his corp members met in local, which, fair enough. I wouldn’t do that either.

But why settle for 10 million when a little more effort can get a bigger fish on the hook for 50 million? So I posted in the discord a 2.5 million bounty for the first 3 people to bump into him accidentally and spare his mining life while saying something that acknowledged he purchased a mining permit, as a "please let me scam his corp" bribe.

It turns out, Rytheric was already known to us as being pretty chatty and friendly, and ten million when you’re doing deadspace ops is… not even a lot.

Alligator Tower here was very prescient, guess that’s why he’s head of diplo and on the leadership council:

As part of this gimmick, I also told Rytheric to honk in local if he saw us, so that we would know not to murder him. And honk in local he did:

He even congratulated us when Jazz finally made the alliance for us (third time’s the charm).

And all of that was working. The honking was funny and it was successfully convincing the flock, “this funny-looking thing must be a gosling, maybe I shouldn’t murder it”. The mining permit? Still fake. The safety? Well… that was looking pretty real, and a Venture II’s worth more than 10 million. That’s what people say, anyways. I wouldn’t know because I don’t pay for ships.

This fake mining permit, or possibly real protection racket, was delivering so much safety, in fact, that when Rytheric’s friend Airbrat got himself killing in a mining operation, Rytheric asked around and got referred back to me so that he could buy Airbrat a fake mining permit too.

Of course, as part of this he also had to teach Airbrat how to honk in local.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck. Airbrat disconnected after an angry goose honked at him in system and was unable to honk back in time to show that he was a cute gosling and not an unauthorized miner.

HIS HONKER WAS BROKE

I was busy but other goons (thanks Blessed Blake, thanks Ch4ot1cEv17, thanks thezanke except for the part where you killed him but also that was funny too) quickly did damage control once they realized that someone had squished a maybe-gosling.

After that, I didn’t have the heart to keep the ruse going. I told him what was up and sent him the info for our diplo team. I also gave him some advice on how not to get scammed again and encouragement to keep honking for mercy and maybe offer tribute to particularly bloodthirsty geese.

He took it quite well. Honestly, it sounded like the part that made him the most sad was that all this being a scam meant his corp wasn’t going to have security on a mining op they were hoping to do later.

And even after all that, he was cool and chill in our local.

As the Catgirl Trade Consortium says:

There’s plenty of targets to gank even with one cute naive corp blued.

I have handed them off to (real) diplo hands now. And maybe one day...

:shobon:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

They are too pure and good for this toilet game.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

With coercer

without coercer

Hell yeah. Where's the mods?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

with coercer imo

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Colin Mockery posted:

HIS HONKER WAS BROKE

or

:five:

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

With coercer

without coercer

Coecers look good

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Kaysette posted:

with coercer imo

Also, please support New Birdweed, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

With coercer

without coercer

With is so good