Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just use clear paper, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Sounds like a job for transparent aluminum.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
IIRC, paper recycling causes more pollution. It's one of those things where it looks good on the outside, but the science shows it to actually be worse.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Down with bags! Just dump 1000 pieces in a box and ship it out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

tomapot posted:

Down with bags! Just dump 1000 pieces in a box and ship it out.

Pieces? Just glue it all together and ship it assembled.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They should use rice paper. You just stuff the bag in your mouth and swoosh around a loogie until the bag is gone, then spit the Legos out onto the table. No bag to worry about.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

tomapot posted:

Down with bags! Just dump 7300 pieces in a box and ship it out.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
2600 pieces attached to a single sprue :getin:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The Bloop posted:

Just use clear paper, duh

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

2600 pieces attached to a single sprue :getin:

Ahhh horrible nightmares

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looking forward to the new brick separator that comes with a razor blade for trimming the leftover plastic.

And paying a premium on bricklink for "perfectly trimmed" bricks.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I kinda miss going into the store to pick up a new set but I guess I'll order the ol wretched hive of scum and villainy online tonight.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Fallout 4 laser musket completed!

And all the little extras I made for it, too!

Stand:

Bracketed long barrel / full stock / beam focuser / recon scope:

Long barrel / short stock / beam splitter / short scope:

Firing:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I love everything about this but if I had to pick favorites it would be the crank overall and the trans-red cylinder in the firing config.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Dogen posted:

I kinda miss going into the store to pick up a new set but I guess I'll order the ol wretched hive of scum and villainy online tonight.

Isn’t there some gift with purchase too? The yoda light saber?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

tomapot posted:

Isn’t there some gift with purchase too? The yoda light saber?

Yeah, it's confirmed that'll happen at some point, but there is some question as to whether the GWP will start tonight or not. Also I suspect the baby yoda ... statute, whatever, will launch on Oct 1.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Brickset is saying it's GWP for the Cantina in Europe since that just went live.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
When I ordered the Burrow, unbeknownst to me there was a Hagrid and Buckbeak GWP that would have yielded some good extra pieces but was sold out before my order could be fulfilled. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles and better luck next time Lego is a broken company, getting worse every day, that I will never stop giving money to (I will only complain louder than I already do with every purchase)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

When I ordered the Burrow, unbeknownst to me there was a Hagrid and Buckbeak GWP that would have yielded some good extra pieces but was sold out before my order could be fulfilled. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles and better luck next time Lego is a broken company, getting worse every day, that I will never stop giving money to (I will only complain louder than I already do with every purchase)

I think that might have been in-store only? I saw something about some in-store only promos which comes off a bit...lame given the current circumstances.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

I think that might have been in-store only? I saw something about some in-store only promos which comes off a bit...lame given the current circumstances.

It didn't show up when I placed the order online originally (I also didn't see any ads for it), then I got a notification email saying part of the order was cancelled- just the GWP that I guess was added to the order then removed once they ran out. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but that Monkie Kid delivery bike would have been a good one to get instead if I had waited. The freebies don't usually interest me except from a spare parts perspective.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Question for the brainstrust here, which kind of hose (the malleable kind that can be bent into shape) is still being used in sets, or at least used until fairly recently so as to be easily available? The kind that can clip into a standard clip or hand piece?

e: think I've found it, even though it's described as "rigid" on bricklink I'm pretty sure the 3mm stuff is the one I want.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 16, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watched a review of the Cantina and now I want it even more. All of the detail and how modular it is. Yikes, I should not be seeking out some huge Lego set right now, but it's easily one of the best SW sets ever.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It still hasn’t gone live in the US as far as I can tell. Or I hosed myself over by having them fix my VIP points only to break something else somehow.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Dogen posted:

It still hasn’t gone live in the US as far as I can tell. Or I hosed myself over by having them fix my VIP points only to break something else somehow.

I’m not seeing it either.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Whoever wrote the VIP Cantina marketing email is clearly playing to the audience

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Someone hosed up. It has gone live in other markets. Sounds like some places went live at midnight and others at 9 am.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 16, 2020

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This Wheel Ø56X22 W. Spokes piece used in the Razor Crest is an odd one.

https://brickset.com/parts/6264148

It’s a pretty big chunk of plastic, it’s been around since 2006 and has only been used in various colors in 16 sets over that time. Seems like random Lego designers find it in the parts inventory and come up creative uses.

For instance, this steam roller uses five of them: https://brickset.com/sets/7746-1

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Pretty sure I have a couple of those at the end of my UCS Y-Wing nacelles

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

Whoever wrote the VIP Cantina marketing email is clearly playing to the audience

Fixed

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I feel like I'm losing my mind. What did you change

e: I overlaid these on each other in Photoshop and I cannot find a change. Why would you personally attack me like this

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 16, 2020

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

Carbohydrates posted:

I feel like I'm losing my mind. What did you change

e: I overlaid these on each other in Photoshop and I cannot find a change. Why would you personally attack me like this

It’s the same image. Seems like it’s not embedded correctly in your original post, at least not in the app I’m using.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Thanks, looked fine on my phone but I know using mobile imgur and trying to get a working picture embed is unnecessarily a huge pain in the arse

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

YanniRotten posted:

It’s the same image. Seems like it’s not embedded correctly in your original post, at least not in the app I’m using.
I am not the one that originally posted it :v: but gotcha!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's because iOS won't do anything with a webp extension. Luckily on imgur links you can just change the file extension, it'll serve a jpeg either way.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Pretty sure I have a couple of those at the end of my UCS Y-Wing nacelles

Yeah, and there's white ones in the engines of the A-Wing too.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Flipperwaldt posted:

webp extension
For real, who unleashed this nightmare on the world?

It’s like the Realplayer of image formats

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

For real, who unleashed this nightmare on the world?

Those fine folks over at google. It's a free format but no one loving cares apparently because support for it is garbage.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

GlenMR posted:

Yeah, and there's white ones in the engines of the A-Wing too.

Yeah people frequently complain when the spokes are visible in these applications. It works in the razor crest though. What got me about the razor crest was brick building the nozzles- is there not a half cone type of shape that would have worked?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like the Cantina is up for NA, apparently the Yoda saber was available, but it seems it's already sold out? Also, apparently it was Cantina only, which is a shame if it comes back in stock because I was hoping to get it with the Razorcrest.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Looks like the Cantina is up for NA, apparently the Yoda saber was available, but it seems it's already sold out? Also, apparently it was Cantina only, which is a shame if it comes back in stock because I was hoping to get it with the Razorcrest.

I think they're adding it later or something, I ordered it at the earliest possible moment and didn't get it, but yeah it's listed specifically on the cantina page as shipping out with the cantina for VIP orders.

edit: it's not listed anymore, did I really miss it? geez. It was listed as the promo on the cantina product page when I added to cart, but it didn't add to my cart.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I ordered it at 2 minutes after and got the lightsaber.