Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Godholio posted:

Oooh. Hopefully there's a follow-up (there won't be).

She deleted her account, so I’m also thinking there won’t be a followup, but she did add this before deleting.

quote:

Edit: thank you to everyone who took the time to offer advice on this situation! I can’t believe how many comments this got lol I do think the best thing for my daughter and I will be to get a lawyer and get this in court. As far as monetary child support and benefits, I’m not concerned about it. My ex husband is on her birth certificate so any money that he would pay in child support would only be from the time she was born until my ex got put on her birth certificate, which is about 10 months. It may seem ridiculous to many of you to go through this and not get money and military benefits (yes, he is still in the military), but my immediate goal is for him to answer for what he’s done, which is commit fraud. When my daughter gets older and wants to know who her biological father is, I will answer to her about that. I would not be doing right by her for letting him get away with this. My ultimate goal is to do right by my daughter. A bonus is for this to screw him as hard as he smacked my daughter and I in the face when he sent someone in his place to take that paternity test. What he did was WRONG and his actions have consequences.

Also, I’m sure there will be another paternity test done by the state. I will ask him to sign his rights away. If he chooses not to, he will have to petition for visitation or any kind of custody over her. He will have to go in front of a judge for that, right? Surely no judge would allow him any kind of visitation or custodial rights over her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I was intending to run it again ill start the thread mid October

Sounds good I Look forward to it every year.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
SC National Guard State Command Sgt Maj arrested for DUI

Dude passed out in his car in the parking lot, in gear, foot on the break.

The SC TAG sent an email out to everyone saying “I know about this, and it will be handled in the appropriate manner as anyone else, regardless of rank.”

Uh huh, sure...

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I took some time off and holy poo poo, what the gently caress was I thinking posting that insanely stupid poo poo? :psyduck:

It's a tired refrain but god drat, I was posting in the right thread.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
We've all been there. A man's love for Michael Biehn will make him do stupid things.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
RIP ever seeing Neill Blomkamp's Alien 3* because Ridley won't let the rights go until he's dead.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I keep hoping Far Cry: Blood Dragon will come to PS Now so I can relive the wonderful Michael Biehn one liners.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dillbag posted:

RIP ever seeing Neill Blomkamp's Alien 3* because Ridley won't let the rights go until he's dead.

Honestly probably for the best

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/coolauntV/status/1305952786102722561

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

3rd amendment doesn’t get enough love.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Icon Of Sin posted:

3rd amendment doesn’t get enough love.

https://twitter.com/jimamendments/status/1285682198209875968

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lots of constitutional law types got excited when the DC marches began because when Trump called in a bunch of national guardsmen they checked into hotels and there was a chance this was somehow relevant to the 3rd Amendment.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I remember that also coming up for discussion in Guam when the Teddy Roosevelt was trying to find hotel rooms to quarantine people and the local government was saying hell no.

Though if push came to shove in that case they probably would have just said "not a state, no rights for you, get hosed".

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Military esports teams seem like the absolute dumbest idea for recruitment anyone's had in a very long time.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Military esports teams seem like the absolute dumbest idea for recruitment anyone's had in a very long time.

easy way to trick kids into signing up by saying "hell yea, the e-sports team is hecka easy to get on to"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“And if that falls through (it totally won‘t tho) you can just fall back on SF or be a pilot!”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They get so many with that SF line good god lmao.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

They get so many with that SF line good god lmao.

SF would be what, 1 out of every 10000 at best? They could put that number on a poster and still probably get people with it.

It's not like finding people with good math skills is the priority.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's always the goofiest motherfuckers who seem to fall for it too

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
How many kids enlisting on that line actually know what SF does because findinf out you work with a variety of brown people would think the applicant pool I bet

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

How many kids enlisting on that line actually know what SF does because findinf out you work with a variety of brown people would think the applicant pool I bet

SF has a long and storied history of White Supremacists serving in it.

In the 80s, some SF dudes went down for providing WS with machine guns and LAWs.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The sad thing is I forgot what thread I was in, and thought I was in the book forum, so I thought sf means sci-fi authors, and it still made sense when you consider baen's entire catalog.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Someone was telling me the base facebook spouse groups have been blowing up with "how do I not spend the money? If it's there, it's getting spent" and it feels a lot like the SNL sketch of "Don't buy things you cannot afford"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dril’s candle tweet.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

maffew buildings posted:

*signs up for a SF contract*

*gets posted to gate guard duty*

*looks at contract*

"Security Forces MOS"

canyoneer posted:

Someone was telling me the base facebook spouse groups have been blowing up with "how do I not spend the money? If it's there, it's getting spent" and it feels a lot like the SNL sketch of "Don't buy things you cannot afford"

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bulletsponge13 posted:

SF has a long and storied history of White Supremacists serving in it.

In the 80s, some SF dudes went down for providing WS with machine guns and LAWs.

What's WS

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

White Supremacists.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh I thought it was some particular branch

vvvv Very nice

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 18, 2020

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're in all of them, probably

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

vvvv Very nice

I can not stand for this slur upon the name of the Western Star truck manufacturing company. It's unruly, unseemly, and entirely unwarranted.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

madeintaipei posted:

I can not stand for this slur upon the name of the Western Star truck manufacturing company. It's unruly, unseemly, and entirely unwarranted.

This is a man who has never driven a western Star manufactured LSVW

One of the worst military vehicles...in the world.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

This is a man who has never driven a western Star manufactured LSVW

One of the worst military vehicles...in the world.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

WS didn't design that one though. Militarized Italian breadvans. That just sounds like trouble.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

madeintaipei posted:

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

WS didn't design that one though. Militarized Italian breadvans. That just sounds like trouble.

I withdraw my statement.

The IVECO built ones don't have the brake issues. Or the anemic 2.5l turbodiesel. Or the FUELFIREDCOOLANTHEATER that I never got to start ever. Those were all CAF/Western Star baby.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

I withdraw my statement.

The IVECO built ones don't have the brake issues. Or the anemic 2.5l turbodiesel. Or the FUELFIREDCOOLANTHEATER that I never got to start ever. Those were all CAF/Western Star baby.

The only reason I know that is because you complained about it very loudly.

That's ok. I have hearing damage, too.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The tweet's been deleted, but screencappers are fast:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ultrafilter posted:

The tweet's been deleted, but screencappers are fast:

This got me thinking, would it have been better or worse if they were MiGs?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Crossposting from a gbs thread that does disaster tourism of reddit threads.

AITA For telling my wife's cousin that he isn't a real veteran?

quote:

A couple weeks ago my wife and I had some of her family over for an outdoor, socially distanced BBQ. It was her mom, stepdad, aunt, uncle, and a few of her cousins. One of her cousins, T, is in his late 20s. When he (barely) graduated highschool he joined the army. After going through basic training he came home on leave and severely injured his ankle while jumping on a trampoline. He ended up having to get a medical discharge from the army a few months later.

Despite this, he still claims to be a veteran even though he was in the army for less than a year. He posts a lot of stuff on social media about how hard it is to be a veteran, how poorly they are treated, and what it's like to be a warrior for your country. Now, I don't disagree with a lot of that. I know a lot of vets in our country do struggle and I think our country can do a lot better for them. I also don't want to judge too much because I have not served myself and I can't relate at all to the struggles some of those men and women go through. But the way he makes it seem like he is in the same boat as those people rubs me the wrong way.

During the BBQ he went on a rant about how bad medical care is for veterans when they get home and how veteran hospitals are severely underfunded. Again, I don't disagree with that at all. From my understanding none of what he was saying was false. So I asked him if he had any firsthand experience with VA hospitals and he said no. I then asked if he had access to any medical benefits from his time in the army. He said no, that because he hurt himself at home and not during anything to do with the army he didn't receive any disability or medical benefits form them. I could tell he was getting aggravated so I dropped it.

Later that day though, he brought it up again and asked me what made me such an expert on this stuff since I never served. I told him I never claimed to be an expert and I also never claimed to have served. He then called me an rear end in a top hat and said that I need to keep my mouth shut since I will never understand what it's like to put your life on the line for your country. I told him he was right, I would never know what that's like, but neither would he and that I thought it was bullshit that he tries to make it sound like he was something he isn't. I said that I support veterans and understand that they choose to really put their money where their mouths are in a way that I never did, but I never claim to be a veteran when I'm not one.

He got pissed and his mom and dad tried to calm him down but he kept shouting at me about how I'm a coward and even threw in a few derogatory slurs for good measure. He eventually got in his truck and peeled out through my front lawn as he left. His mom and dad left shortly after, but not before calling me an rear end in a top hat for talking to their son like that. My wife also said I was a jerk because I know how sensitive T is about that subject but I think he needed to be called out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

priznat posted:

This got me thinking, would it have been better or worse if they were MiGs?

It'd be better as far as funnier goes yes