Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Honestly, everything aside from the main villain and Choco Love cause.. oof was decently entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Has he been shown in the expanded stuff?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Has he been shown in the expanded stuff?

Hao or Chocolove? The former shows up in Flowers/The Super Star and I think Chocolove is name-dropped in Crimson Red but he hasn't shown up since the end of the main series.

The latest spinoff of SK Marcos got it's first chapter released. I think of all these new stories this one is the least offensive so far. Just focusing on the X-laws and trying to find Marco who sent missing after the Shaman fight. It's still all connected to some of the pretty dumb plot developments that happened in shaman kind Flowers but doesn't focus on it like Crimson Red does.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, is Flowers/Super Star still going? If so, is it any good?

Also, is there a particular reason why Yoh’s original actress Yuko Sato is the only one who doesn’t seem to be returning for the Shaman King remake?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 17, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note I finally started reading Eden’s Zero. Apart from the female leads basically being Lucy and Wendy with different names (and the lead essentially just being black haired Natsu) it seems to do a decent enough job of making itself unique.

Though out of curiosity, why is Happy from Fairy Tail here (seriously, Hiro didn’t even bother giving him a new name)?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Larryb posted:

On another note I finally started reading Eden’s Zero. Apart from the female leads basically being Lucy and Wendy with different names (and the lead essentially just being black haired Natsu) it seems to do a decent enough job of making itself unique.

Though out of curiosity, why is Happy from Fairy Tail here (seriously, Hiro didn’t even bother giving him a new name)?

Probably the same reason Plue from Rave was in Fairy Tail? Dude likes cameos from his old works.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

It's a Hiro thing. It's also not the first time he's done that. Plue the little snowman from Fairy Tail was actually a character with the exact same name from Hiro's previous series, Rave Master. You're just supposed to accept it as a reference, but otherwise they're technically different characters from different settings.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Clarste posted:

Probably the same reason Plue from Rave was in Fairy Tail? Dude likes cameos from his old works.

Neat, never knew that. Though to be fair I don’t think I’ve read Rave, is that one any good?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The art's rougher, but it has a more traditional shonen narrative by having a defined goal and seeing the heroes reach that goal step by step while gaining new abilities along the way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

The art's rougher, but it has a more traditional shonen narrative by having a defined goal and seeing the heroes reach that goal step by step while gaining new abilities along the way.

So it’s at least more structured than Fairy Tail was then, good to know. Also in Rave Master’s case, would it be better to read the manga or just watch the anime?

On the subject, has there been any word on when the Eden’s Zero anime is supposed to start up yet?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kaiju #8
Viz
Mangaplus
We've successfully moved Kafka's powerlevel up. :ssj: It's exactly 0001%

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, is Flowers/Super Star still going? If so, is it any good
I don't particularly like it for a couple fairly spoilery reasons but if you are interested it couldn't hurt to give it a couple chapters and see if you feel differently. There are still some good moments in both stories and Takei's current artstyle still really works out well especially with how he draws oversouls.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Who's the Wendy?

Also the Hiro explained the Happy thing. Namely it was originally going to be a new character then he realized it was just going to be basically happy and so decided to just have it be happy.

But yes he also likes making References to his old works.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mashima did a cross over for his 3 series and it's a bunch of pallet swaps of the same people lmao

if you like reused character designs, I highly recommend checking that out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't remember the Rave guy having spikey hair, I remember it being straighter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't remember the Rave guy having spikey hair, I remember it being straighter.

Started out less spiky but still pretty spiky and eventually was completely spiky.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Shout out to the Monster Hunter manga Hiro Mashima made where he insisted on making up his own lovely monster instead of using one of the dozens of already great monsters in the series

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Shout out to the Monster Hunter manga Hiro Mashima made where he insisted on making up his own lovely monster instead of using one of the dozens of already great monsters in the series

Buddy if you get to make a Monster Hunter manga and you don't make your own rad monster, you ain't even living.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Hiro Mashima.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
right, wasn't that giant space goddess from eden's zero blatantly plagiarized?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

right, wasn't that giant space goddess from eden's zero blatantly plagiarized?

Don’t think I’m that far yet but assuming you’re serious, plagiarized from what?

On the subject, did Rave Masters get an anime adaptation? And if so, would it be better to watch that or just read the original manga version?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember seeing a rave master anime at some point. dunno if it's good tho

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I thought it got canceled, so it probably isn’t the best way to get the full Rave Masters experience.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Larryb posted:

Don’t think I’m that far yet but assuming you’re serious, plagiarized from what?

On the subject, did Rave Masters get an anime adaptation? And if so, would it be better to watch that or just read the original manga version?

i remember seeing the original image and it was all but traced, except the face was redone in mashima's style.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nice comedy chapter before confronting the big bad in Mashle

Robocooking

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nice comedy chapter before confronting the big bad in Mashle

Robocooking

mashle in Mangaplus

Really happy with this chapter. I was worried we were in for yet another fight, instead it’s his usual stupid antics. Good stuff.

now to read Roboco surely it won’t be funny this time.

Edit: I was wrong

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 18, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Roboco is actually legitimately funny to me which makes me wonder if it hits with Japanese audiences because man I usually do not get Japanese gag stuff

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The translation for this week's Roboco is legitimately impressive. Just pun after pun after pun - the entire time I was waiting for a TL note to explain some joke that really couldn't be localized, but man the translator knocked it out of the park.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I love this series

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

That HxH reference in Roboco was like a stab in the heart because it's the closest content we got after more than a year of hiatus. :negative:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

amigolupus posted:

That HxH reference in Roboco was like a stab in the heart because it's the closest content we got after more than a year of hiatus. :negative:

My heart is in pieces
and i have Benjamins in my elbow

Im starting to think Gege is really good at choreographing fights. Theres so much movement! the posing and paneling is really dynamic and everything flows real nice.
AND GODDAMN MAHITO JUST DIE

And on this episode of Black clover

N O T H I N G H A P P E N S

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 18, 2020

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

but hey the elves are back that's cool right :geno:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My heart is in pieces
and i have Benjamins in my elbow

Im starting to think Gege is really good at choreographing fights. Theres so much movement! the posing and paneling is really dynamic and everything flows real nice.
AND GODDAMN MAHITO JUST DIE
Yuji's fights specifically are very parkour with how much freedom of moment is a factor. Same thing in his fight with Chose where he bolts into a bathroom stall and then immediately exits with a drop kick, or his first fight with Todo and his usage of a tree branch. Yuji is constantly running and actually using the layout of the environment to his advantage more than other characters do. Which is why Mahito is also a good foil to Yuji since he's doing the same thing and also being a slippery devil to pin down.

But there's good news for Nobara, She's apparently close to attaining a similar understanding of this "core of curse power" that Gojo also awakened too when he got stabbed in the throat by Toji during the flashback arc. Even better news for Nobara, she's only fighting 1/2 of Mahito so her odds of survival just went up.

Bad news for Nobara, she's still going to probably need to be on death's door to really figure this out so she's in for a world of hurt just like everyone else. Stay strong voodoo girl, I'm rooting for you

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jujutsu Kaisen's anime is looking good- or at least early episodes are.

https://twitter.com/oO0Eve0Oo/status/1307278128645984257?s=20

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 19, 2020

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Senpai route in We Never Learn is still my favourite so far but it's weird that her dad not having the equipment to operate on Nariyuki's dad so he went to another hospital is why she thinks she can't be with him, it would make sense if her dad did do the operation and wasn't able to save him/made a mistake.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen's anime is looking good- or at least early episodes are.

https://twitter.com/oO0Eve0Oo/status/1307278128645984257?s=20

its one of the few shonen i want to watch the anime of because I imagine it'll make stuff much easier to follow in places

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone announced licensing for American release yet?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Read the Death Note one shot from last year and it whipped rear end lol so I started reading Platinum End instead of just rereading DN. My pal is also watching the show of DN for the first time so in the mood for it atm.

First three chapters are fun if a bit weird. I thought I'd not like the 33 Day arrows and the wings but they're actually working pretty well so far and I like that they can't be reused. I also like that the characters are aware of Angels being used to spot them so ordering them to hide etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

There's a Mashima sale at Comixology so I jumped on a bunch of the early trades and I'm enjoying it. Not as much as I did with Fairy Tail but that series also took some time to get off to wild fights. Also it doesn't have an Erza.*

*Well, it has Elsie Scarlet who is Erza-with-an-eyepatch but she's not in the main cast.