Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

tesla solar install flooded my daughter's tesla bed. plese help @elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FredericLambert/status/1308785777292316672?s=20

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fred implying he bought more than one lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Heh, "breaking".

e: looks like powerwalls were also hosed :lol:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

gschmidl posted:

Heh, "breaking".

e: looks like powerwalls were also hosed :lol:

lmao what do they seriously not have local control

Like entirely SCADA operated

What the fuckkkkkk

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

elon makes all these previously thought impossible moments of incompetence possible

:allears:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

tesla api down. i can't see what my car's up to either

edit: i took my car out for lunch at 11:30 and it had no idea

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 23, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

did the car pay it's half, or was it your treat?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

how do you have 1) a high-pressure fire sprinkler line running through your house and 2) no idea how to turn it off?

california, and california

1906 really hit sf hard and cali fire codes are really strict.

also people like this pay 1.7 million or whatever for a 1000 square foot house and just Call A Guy for Everything. they never actually learn to be homeowners because it's an Investment to them, they don't give a gently caress about the house or have any pride in it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Fool posted:

did the car pay it's half, or was it your treat?

we went dutch, no tailpipe to gently caress the car

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Nfcknblvbl posted:

we went dutch, no tailpipe to gently caress the car
those panel gaps tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

those panel gaps tho

swipe it like a credit card

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That's on you being a bad car owner for letting it roam off leash.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

graph posted:

fred implying he bought more than one lol

if it were only two he would have said “either of my cars”

he has triplets at least

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

good thing they'll all be autonomous taxis next year!

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Was it Tesla a while back who had a network outage / software update and it locked people out of their cars? Is that happening again?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Desiderata posted:

Was it Tesla a while back who had a network outage / software update and it locked people out of their cars? Is that happening again?

it was either out of their cars or in their cars. maybe both. i just remember the outside door handles don't work in cold weather

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I remember one of those rental companies having issues with their renters getting stranded when the car was driven out of cell service

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The Fool posted:

I remember one of those rental companies having issues with their renters getting stranded when the car was driven out of cell service

yeah it was a "sharing economy" app that rented priuses and bolts.

https://twitter.com/kari_paul/status/1229214223227478016

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

when my model 3's screen was busted, i had to use my tesla app to start my car because i have pin-to-drive enabled. if i hadn't yet replaced my screen, i'd have a 1.8 ton paper weight right now

there's no way to disable pin-to-drive without the screen afaik

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i start my car with a funny shaped piece of metal.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

thats why i enabled pin-to-drive. my 3yo daughter was sitting on the driver seat watching frozen on the screen, and pulled the gear lever to drive. thankfully, she didn't press the brake while doing that or else we'd be going for a ride into our garage wall

i heard about that pregnant mom getting hit by her son in that same way so nope, pin enabled

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

real mixed feeling about a fob/button starter, feels too video game-y but i got used to it eventually

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

real mixed feeling about a fob/button starter, feels too video game-y but i got used to it eventually
Le Mans key start is the one true way and you can gently caress off if you think otherwise.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

thats why i enabled pin-to-drive. my 3yo daughter was sitting on the driver seat watching frozen on the screen, and pulled the gear lever to drive. thankfully, she didn't press the brake while doing that or else we'd be going for a ride into our garage wall

i heard about that pregnant mom getting hit by her son in that same way so nope, pin enabled

why is the car able to drive when the owner (presumably you have a key fob or something) is not in the car?

if you were in the car, why was your daughter in the driver's seat?

why is there not a hardware interlock that differentiates between "screen on" mode and "car will move" mode, like the ACC position in a regular car?

why can the car drive while a movie is playing on the screen?

why can you watch movies on the main vehicle information display in the first place?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is probably the only time i will ever say it but: you should just have given your 3yo daughter an ipad. don't start teaching her that it's okay to watch movies in the front seats of a car.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

why is the car able to drive when the owner (presumably you have a key fob or something) is not in the car?

if you were in the car, why was your daughter in the driver's seat?

why is there not a hardware interlock that differentiates between "screen on" mode and "car will move" mode, like the ACC position in a regular car?

why can the car drive while a movie is playing on the screen?

why can you watch movies on the main vehicle information display in the first place?

i was washing the car at the time. as long as my phone is in the car, it's good to go, just drive.

poo poo, now that i think of it there's no way it was in the theater mode. this was before theater now that i remember it, she was doodling on the ms paint clone

watching movies & youtube on it is what i do on lunch breaks, it's great

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

dude...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
trusting the life of my child to some react code running on a tesla-rented aws instance

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why was your phone in the car and not in your pocket or in the house?

is there no hardware interlock that would let you power up the screen to watch movies or play mario kart but without the chance of a particularly zealous Gamer Moment knocking the car into drive?

are you saying that there is literally no way to prevent the car from moving if you happen to be poking around in the trunk with your phone at hand and the dog or babby in the front seat kicks the gear selector into reverse?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

why was your phone in the car and not in your pocket or in the house?

is there no hardware interlock that would let you power up the screen to watch movies or play mario kart but without the chance of a particularly zealous Gamer Moment knocking the car into drive?

are you saying that there is literally no way to prevent the car from moving if you happen to be poking around in the trunk with your phone at hand and the dog or babby in the front seat kicks the gear selector into reverse?

dude i answered your questions earlier. i was washing the car.

you can't drive it while in theater mode: thats games, netflix, youtube, etc. theater mode wasn't a thing back when i had that oh poo poo moment.

as long as there's a butt on the driver's seat, and a phone registered as a key inside, you can drive the car. there's no on/off or whatever. this isn't a thing unique to tesla any more, i know the taycan does this now too. it's neat except when you have kids playing with the controls.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nfcknblvbl posted:

it's neat except when you have kids playing with the controls.

Hell yeah. Same policy i have with my assault rifle and superbike!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I mean this is completely independent from the whole Teslas being deathtraps discourse but you just plain shouldn't allow your kid in the driver's seat until you're teaching them to drive

Invariably the kid is going to want to act like their parents and play with all the fun knobs and levers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my girlfriend shouldn't have to drive in a car seat

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

evil_bunnY posted:

Le Mans key start is the one true way and you can gently caress off if you think otherwise.

key start feels so good too. it took almost half a year to stop reaching for it on the column :smith:

Jonny 290 posted:

trusting the life of my child to some react code running on a tesla-rented aws instance

really feels more angularjs but i suppose it could be newer

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
angrier.js

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

my teslamate server finally managed to get a response from the tesla api, only took 5 hours!

everyone who don't carry a tesla key and signed out from their apps were locked out until their servers came back online

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

key start feels so good too. it took almost half a year to stop reaching for it on the column :smith:
Key on the left feels so dumb until like the 3rd time you get in, all your 4 limbs are doing the right thing, and the car is rolling in under 1 second as your left hand moves to the wheel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

definitely want a car that needs internet to drive. this makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

definitely want a car that needs internet to drive. this makes sense

my car still let me in, and i drove it despite the network being down. if i had deleted my app, i'd have to take the painful task of putting my key up to the door. some folks forgot to carry their key after deleting their app today