Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Julias posted:

It's kind of odd how much of a specific issue it is with the MHA thread. Even the One Piece thread doesn't talk about the spoilers until at least a fantranslation comes out, and there's still plenty of chat after the official comes out too.

It might not be a bad idea to spin off this thread into two threads-an open spoilers manga thread and a No Spoilers manga thread. Especially since this thread is over 1000 pages and is almost 6 years old at this point.

i'll be honest, i read spoilers, but i only start reading them... when they're posted in here. i've also never really noticed a drop off in the quantity of dialogue, but it seems like its a very contentious issue for this thread, so if some posters would prefer that those of us that read and discuss the spoilers stop, i will try to stop talking about them if that makes things more nice for this thread, that's okay by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I read the spoilers but am pumped for an official translation.

Non-spoiler question: do you think anyone tries to mug All Might now that everyone knows what skinnymight looks like

Also can he lift anything heavy without snapping in half? Serious answers only

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which I forget, did All Might actually have his own quirk prior to getting One For All or was he in the same boat as Deku?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which I forget, did All Might actually have his own quirk prior to getting One For All or was he in the same boat as Deku?

All Might was Quirkless, yes.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Doc Fission posted:

Non-spoiler question: do you think anyone tries to mug All Might now that everyone knows what skinnymight looks like

I mean all things considered I would assume All Might has a fairly large if discrete security detail from either the hero community or the police or something whether he likes it or not. Society is unstable enough without someone taking pot shots at the old pillar, ya know?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doc Fission posted:

All Might is BFFs with a well-known cop, as I recall. I kinda doubt it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nevermind that poo poo, we have a NEW VIGILANTES!

This week we get a Knuckleduster(or I guess O'Clock in this case) flashback and a cameo from Rappa!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rhonne posted:

This week we get a Knuckleduster(or I guess O'Clock in this case) flashback and a cameo from Rappa!

So if this flashback is the story of how O'Clock lost his power, that would mean this fighting ring is actually a front for AfO to find people with good combat quirks. That's a tidy setup.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dr Subterfuge posted:

So if this flashback is the story of how O'Clock lost his power, that would mean this fighting ring is actually a front for AfO to find people with good combat quirks. That's a tidy setup.
...huh. Huh.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Cooooooooool

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:black101:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

Skinny Might decked Izuku pretty hard that one time, and he was really fit his whole life more or less. I assume he can lift if he needs to, if not as much.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

me, losing my mind until Sunday: :f5:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

tbp posted:

i'll be honest, i read spoilers, but i only start reading them... when they're posted in here.

tbh i get a lil hype when i see an explosion of spoiler posts bc i know i've got a good one to look forward to.. hell yeah

Rhonne posted:

god vigilantes is so loving cool like drat it's him, the rapper

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I wonder if Drunk Lee is Deku’s dad, same quirk.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Everybody's favorite villain, the Spoiler, unleashing a barrage of spoiled spoilers to spoil everyone's Saturday

https://ww5.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-285/

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Fuuuuuuuuck

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Okay, make Bakugo turn into Angry Batman after this and all is forgiven

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Was Bakugo hit by forced quirk activation spikes? Those can't be power stealing; Endeavor is still flaming after getting hit after all

2. It appears to have hit his right shoulder and stomach, not his heart. Endeavor got punctured in the shoulder, clavicle and potentially a rib or lung. Deku's arms need amputation.

3. Would Cybernetics from Mei be able to handle OFA or full cowl without breaking? Either that or stiched-on arm transplants from...somebody.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Definitely gonna have to reread that tomorrow with not-terrible scans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He really did it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Deku's arms need amputation.

Bold of you to assume he still has arms to amputate. :v:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats a chapter.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

wtf dude

spoiler that poo poo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're clearly setting up an Eri thing here right? Deku has blown his arms off and Shigiraki is falling to pieces. This is a great way to setup a 'pause' since both would have to recover and give a time for everyone to breathe.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe Deku's going to get automail arms, revealing this was a Fullmetal Alchemist crossover this whole time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maybe there's someone outside of Japan who knows how to regenerate limbs or attach new ones? Wonder how the hero situation in China is for example?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

OFFICIAL TRANSLATION!

OH gently caress!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Holy poo poo

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God drat someone get me a drink.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

AHHHHHHJH

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The loving callback.

Hot drat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So does it look like Shigaraki got burned down to the skull to anyone else?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What an amazing loving chapter

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

are you happy now, Arist

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

yeah sure

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Things are looking real bad, Bakugo is down, Endeavor is down, Deku is about to lose his arms, and it looks like All For One has assumed direct control. Uhhh, you got this Shoto.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda wonder if Shigaraki will still even look like Shigaraki after this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

I kinda wonder if Shigaraki will still even look like Shigaraki after this.

Well, that's an easy answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Translator Trivia.