Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FFXIV does have mandatory grouping for dungeons and trials you have to do as part of the story, but it also feels pretty hostile to grouping in a lot of the open world questing, to the point where I think trying to play together while questing can be detrimental to someone's experience. Like you can go on voicechat and react to what's happening or whatever, but then you're not paying as much attention to story beats, and there's no in game benefit to being in a group for that stuff, and there's a fair amount of content you actually have to be solo for. I have anxiety, so the minimal required interaction has probably been mostly a positive for me as it's allowed me to play even when I've been in pretty bad shape (with the required bits being just enough to mostly feel glad it's there to get me out of my comfort zone when I do feel up to it from time to time), but when I actually have tried to play with friends there's definitely been a feeling that we're playing alone alongside each other instead of actually playing together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Current game I am playing is Ogre Battle 64. I wasn't expecting a good story, but actually this is a well written game, where at least at the start you are suppose to be the good guys, but it's very unsure if you actually are because it turns out you're doing some pretty questionable things to a group of people who just want to be free. It turns out too that they are rebeling against your kingdom because your king takes virtually all of their resources and makes their lives very difficult. I have a feeling the main character is going to end up on the other side.

This is a good game.

Being an Ogre game means you’ll get the choice to join or not through several hidden and obscure factors involving secret character classes but you’ll still be excited in the end because those scenario designers knew what they were doing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there is pretty social group stuff out there in ff14 if you go looking for it, I love doing treasure maps because its just 8 people loving around cheering about the lottery, and they've come up with so many weird ways to visualize a coin flip. the treasure dungeon is a mix of let's make a deal, card sharks, and wheel of fortune

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

homeless snail posted:

there is pretty social group stuff out there in ff14 if you go looking for it, I love doing treasure maps because its just 8 people loving around cheering about the lottery, and they've come up with so many weird ways to visualize a coin flip. the treasure dungeon is a mix of let's make a deal, card sharks, and wheel of fortune

Yeah I should ask in fc chat if people want to do maps more--I think I've only seen one group x up for it in the last month and a half.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Yeah I should ask in fc chat if people want to do maps more--I think I've only seen one group x up for it in the last month and a half.
ask around for an invite to the map linkshell, that's where most of the action happens, mostly at the beginning of the week before people cap out on tomes though

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Oh cool, thanks. I was wondering why it seemed to have dropped off so much, but that makes sense.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1311108506771128320

It was supposed to have been removed "when the pandemic is surely over by the end of September" but...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sinteres posted:

FFXIV does have mandatory grouping for dungeons and trials you have to do as part of the story, but it also feels pretty hostile to grouping in a lot of the open world questing, to the point where I think trying to play together while questing can be detrimental to someone's experience. Like you can go on voicechat and react to what's happening or whatever, but then you're not paying as much attention to story beats, and there's no in game benefit to being in a group for that stuff, and there's a fair amount of content you actually have to be solo for. I have anxiety, so the minimal required interaction has probably been mostly a positive for me as it's allowed me to play even when I've been in pretty bad shape (with the required bits being just enough to mostly feel glad it's there to get me out of my comfort zone when I do feel up to it from time to time), but when I actually have tried to play with friends there's definitely been a feeling that we're playing alone alongside each other instead of actually playing together.

Yeah but since its auto-party matchmaking stuff and pretty easy, everybody just runs through everything ASAP and they only chat to get mad at you if you aren't pulling fast enough. Not very social usually in my experience.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sab669 posted:

Compared to US that's good at least, but still lovely.

Nah this is some pretty standard industry fair - "real" companies will always pay you for the overtime because it's the only way to get people to stay is the mindset that hey, at least they're saving up a bunch of money so maybe one day when I'm not treated like poo poo I'll be able to enjoy it.

I'm looking for an industry job right now and my parents tried to tell me about this job for "in the meantime" that had 50 hour workweeks and unlimited paid overtime, as much as you wanted, and thought that sounded like a really great deal and just couldn't read between the lines and wondered why they couldn't get anyone who wanted to stay for more than a few months. Money is an exploitative leverage to make dehumanizing work seem ethical

'The employee, who asked not to be named discussing private information, said some staff had already been putting in nights and weekends for more than a year."

You do not "gotta hand it to em,"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Twitch.TV did something to get around adblockers on Firefox, and Chrome. Is there a way to manually block these ads, or just wait for adblockers to get caught up?

god damnit now i'm getting these too

i absolutely refuse to tolerate any ads so looks like im not watching anyone im not subbed to for a while (not that i usually do that anyway)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Don't worry I got u

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/j2648i/how_to_kill_ads_on_twitch/

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nah this is some pretty standard industry fair - "real" companies will always pay you for the overtime because it's the only way to get people to stay is the mindset that hey, at least they're saving up a bunch of money so maybe one day when I'm not treated like poo poo I'll be able to enjoy it.

I'm looking for an industry job right now and my parents tried to tell me about this job for "in the meantime" that had 50 hour workweeks and unlimited paid overtime, as much as you wanted, and thought that sounded like a really great deal and just couldn't read between the lines and wondered why they couldn't get anyone who wanted to stay for more than a few months. Money is an exploitative leverage to make dehumanizing work seem ethical

'The employee, who asked not to be named discussing private information, said some staff had already been putting in nights and weekends for more than a year."

You do not "gotta hand it to em,"

I quit my last job over pretty much exactly this. Even optional crunch isn’t optional when they use it as part of your performance review. Stopped taking extra hours? That’s bad teamwork right there, good luck advancing to a different position now, sucker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Last night I was getting into bed and I watched an Adam Ragusea video on marinating and welp I'm setting this up at midnight

Chicken was marinated overnight in diluted lime juice, salt, brown sugar, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Washed off the marinade, dried out the chicken, and coat in salt/baking powder/cornstarch.

Reverse seared by ovening covered at 375 before pan-searing it, along with broccolini and bok choy. The marinade was boiled, and I added soy sauce and mirin to it. I deglazed the pan then glazed the veggies with it.

The chicken was perfection, I could taste the marinade in every bite. I understand why they recommend you blanche the veggies first before searing, but honestly this was good enough. The pan sauce was good and didn't have the off taste that sometimes I get when I'm deglazing a pan that burnt a bit too hot lol. I probably could have dialed back the tang of the lime since it dominated the sauce, but it was still pretty good overall

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://twitter.com/jeremyrmedina/status/1310602727160860672?s=21

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Last night I was getting into bed and I watched an Adam Ragusea video on marinating and welp I'm setting this up at midnight

Chicken was marinated overnight in diluted lime juice, salt, brown sugar, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Washed off the marinade, dried out the chicken, and coat in salt/baking powder/cornstarch.

Reverse seared by ovening covered at 375 before pan-searing it, along with broccolini and bok choy. The marinade was boiled, and I added soy sauce and mirin to it. I deglazed the pan then glazed the veggies with it.

The chicken was perfection, I could taste the marinade in every bite. I understand why they recommend you blanche the veggies first before searing, but honestly this was good enough. The pan sauce was good and didn't have the off taste that sometimes I get when I'm deglazing a pan that burnt a bit too hot lol. I probably could have dialed back the tang of the lime since it dominated the sauce, but it was still pretty good overall

Dammit dude, I’m trying to get ready for bed, and now I’m hungry!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

thank you friend this seems to have worked

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also trying Genshin again and I think I'm having more fun now that I've got a full team. I decided to see how tuned the game was around levels so I stumbled into a roaming boss that was level 20 and managed to beat it relatively cleanly. My team is all level 2.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

sharrrk posted:

also tbh even if you didnt like dr1 i would still recommend trying danganronpa 2, it has a much stronger cast over all imo which i think carries it a lot better. the world of that series is just very absurd over all though. if you decide to try it just know the game does expect you to know the plot of dr1 so you might want to look up how it ends

I liked DR1 enough to want more but I absolutely hated 2. It was a terrible slog with terrible trials that withheld information from the player and a mediocre payoff that thought its twist was enough on its own to cover for everything else being mediocre.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it just me or do the eyes and head animations look SUPER lovely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQItbfD81NU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lawsuit looking bad for the epicman

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good. gently caress all of em.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wonder how many lawyers the insane libertarian had to shout down before he got his epic plan off the ground.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Infinitum posted:

Is it just me or do the eyes and head animations look SUPER lovely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQItbfD81NU

Looks about on the level of Odyssey, which had its moments but never really had amazing face or character animations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also trying Genshin again and I think I'm having more fun now that I've got a full team. I decided to see how tuned the game was around levels so I stumbled into a roaming boss that was level 20 and managed to beat it relatively cleanly. My team is all level 2.

Yeah, I've been playing it a bit and I don't feel level is a great indicator of difficulty or power, especially since many things have several types of levels. Any given weapon has an enhancement level, an ascension level, a refinement level, and star level.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I liked DR1 enough to want more but I absolutely hated 2. It was a terrible slog with terrible trials that withheld information from the player and a mediocre payoff that thought its twist was enough on its own to cover for everything else being mediocre.

i definitely dont agree about the trials withholding info, i was very impressed at how solvable they all were

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

As someone who liked 999 a LOT and Phoenix Wright is DanganRonpa actually a good mystery or is it all just nonsense that is made up for with the zany anime hijinks

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 30, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bored watching some old GDQ content. Urgh that year where they latched onto shouting "ORB!" every 5min.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

As someone who liked 999 a LOT and Phoenix Wright is DanganRonpa actually a good mystery or is it all just nonsense that is made up for with the zany anime hijinks

It's full of made up bullshit

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

As someone who liked 999 a LOT and Phoenix Wright is DanganRonpa actually a good mystery or is it all just nonsense

good mysteries usually but the world is very absurd which can make it sometimes difficult to tell what is actually within the realm of possibility. every character has an extreme talent that can be basically anything, from like being a chef to being a fitness coach to being a princess. cast in the first game is largely one note aside from the core main cast, second game's cast is much more fleshed out. expect a lot of weird anime poo poo but, for me at least, even at its worst it makes up for it by being funny. the murders can get pretty gruesome too.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Both. The actual murder mystery part of Danganronpa are usually fun to solve because they give you all the clues at the start, the trick is figuring out the motivation of the killer and there are a handful of cases where it's a huge leap but majority of the time the mystery is fair and rewarding.

The plot is ape poo poo bananas. Like... Danganronpa is the Revolutionary Girl Utena of murder mysteries, do not question the logistics of the world or how anything outside the main circle of characters works because the game doesn't loving care. That said I do think each game is worth its payoff especially with V3 having the single most satisfying ending I've played in a video game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
we have 24 hours to come up with a thread title

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

genshin impacted bowels

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

homeless snail posted:

genshin impacted bowels

are you alright, snail?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

are you alright, snail?
no i'm pissed off, look at this garbage. bad game. don't play it
https://files.catbox.moe/08pav1.mp4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
more like genshit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I can't believe it's really October already...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I be worried that these basil plants keep wilting as soon as I start watering them with water from my kitchen faucet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't believe it's really October already...

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qhdwcqz9ZU1t1ig6n_720.mp4

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my birthday is in october you should maket he title about that. Thanky ou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:same: