Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Arbite posted:

I half-expected Bryan to re-fight the 'fans' booing at ringside with Vinny.

Also someone just lied about me on the internet and it drat near brought me to a boil. I don't know how Dave has the restraint. Decades of practice, maybe?

Also the members only thing for new newsletters isn't going atm, so read it while that lasts.

The way that I survive is endless hours of 2pac keeping me strong as I battle my internet foes until the bitter end, I assume it's the same for Dave Meltzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1312528278683561985

:argh: BUT HE DOESN’T EVEN WORK HERE!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did the Vince chair reaction when I was reading

quote:

WON Hall of Fame ballot
with Mike Tenay
(Part 1)
Dave really needs a monthly "Talking about old poo poo with [Old Guy]" show. Or of course the return of Sin Limite. A Lance show would be great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God yeah, Dave and Lance would be amazing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1312849508112371712

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 4, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The New Day pod with Sami Zayn is so goddamn good. If he doesn't get UFTU chants everywhere he goes from now on, we've failed as a society.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Did the Talk N Shop guys push most of their content to the Patreon? The last two podcasts have been 30 minutes with 10 minutes being plugs.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quoting myself here but god drat they've already almost doubled the original goal, with a certain promoter donating $2k

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

quoting myself here but god drat they've already almost doubled the original goal, with a certain promoter donating $2k

Tony Kahn and Chris Jericho are gonna have a feud in the future to see who can donate more to gofundmes

The most wholesome feud

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Tony Kahn and Chris Jericho are gonna have a feud in the future to see who can donate more to gofundmes

The most wholesome feud
With Jon Moxley always scrambling to make sure he remembers to set his donations to "anonymous" because he's trying to avoid getting credit for it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Did the Talk N Shop guys push most of their content to the Patreon? The last two podcasts have been 30 minutes with 10 minutes being plugs.
The 2020 podcast revival has felt obviously shorter than the old eps. I never thought the plugs were out of control but I'm a month behind.

I love weird Lance takes and "Under the structure of pairs figure skating you could have pro wrestling in the Olympics" was outstanding.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

davidbix posted:

With Jon Moxley always scrambling to make sure he remembers to set his donations to "anonymous" because he's trying to avoid getting credit for it.

Cody Runnels is usually good for $500 on a GoFundMe as well.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I love weird Lance takes and "Under the structure of pairs figure skating you could have pro wrestling in the Olympics" was outstanding.

Ive always thought that too

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Dango Bango posted:

It sounds like it. They haven’t been shy about Gallows talking about how carny he is and trying to make money any which way he can. That and they talk a lot about how they don’t make money off the podcast and joke about not wanting to do it.

I recall the old Talk’n Shops being about 30 minutes too because they would always give Rocky poo poo about wanting to wrap things up.

This revival just doesn’t have the same energy the old one used to. I feel like it’s a mix of the amount of plugs and stuff and all done through Zoom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As much as I appreciate that Wrestling Observer/F4W has good quality audio for the most part, I had to laugh at Bryan Alvarez being the most audiophile of audiophiles on the latest B&V Show.

Bryan: Granny has a new phone, and the sound quality is such a huge improvement over her old phone.
Granny: I haven't gotten the new phone yet I'm still using my old one.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

As much as I appreciate that Wrestling Observer/F4W has good quality audio for the most part, I had to laugh at Bryan Alvarez being the most audiophile of audiophiles on the latest B&V Show.

Bryan: Granny has a new phone, and the sound quality is such a huge improvement over her old phone.
Granny: I haven't gotten the new phone yet I'm still using my old one.
:discourse:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan strikes me as the sort of guy who would buy monster audio cables.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan strikes me as the sort of guy who would buy monster audio cables.
Bryan is extremely technology illiterate to the point where Lance Storm was flexing on him because he figured out how to use Zoom backgrounds

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MMA should get into the Olympics as Modern Pankration.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

$25,000 for Jim Valley per Alvarez's update at the top of the show.

So cool, couldn't happen to/for a better guy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Up to $28,848now

Orange Carlisle posted:

The most wholesome feud

Jericho now leads with the #1 donation of $2500 over Tony's $2000.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Big Bicep Tony getting out-spent by Big Gut Jericho in the Cracker Barrel Charity Clash

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I hate that the first place my brain went was "oh, gently caress. The Vincels are gonna' call him biased because AEW people donated to his medical care."

I need to get off the internet.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I hate that the first place my brain went was "oh, gently caress. The Vincels are gonna' call him biased because AEW people donated to his medical care."

I need to get off the internet.

It's ok, they already hate him for ethering Seth Rollins

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

God, that rant was delicious, though.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
2002!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1312969181709496320
And it includes a free preview clip of...
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1311516023993118721

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

God, that rant was delicious, though.

The man does a great loving rant, and in an entirely different way to Alvarez's style too. He is such a phenomenal addition to the Observer/F4W lineup and I really hope we get to hear him again sooner rather than later.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

The man does a great loving rant, and in an entirely different way to Alvarez's style too. He is such a phenomenal addition to the Observer/F4W lineup and I really hope we get to hear him again sooner rather than later.
Were it not for Covid I'd have hung out with him in Vegas or seen him at Bryan's Summerslam party. :argh:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Poor Vinny just sounds dead in this latest Retro Raw.

Also I'm so confused about Bryan constantly mentioning Benoit's "broken neck." Or how Angle said he won the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck. I thought a broken neck meant you were paralyzed, like how you died via hanging. I'm not trying to downplay their horrid injuries or how amazing it is they can do all this with these injuries, I just don't understand what is meant by a broken neck.

I guess there are many different kinds of broken necks.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 7, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NikkolasKing posted:

Also I'm so confused about Bryan constantly mentioning Benoit's "broken neck." Or how Angle said he won the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck. I thought a broken neck meant you were paralyzed, like how you died via hanging. I'm not trying to downplay their horrid injuries or how amazing it is they can do all this with these injuries, I just don't understand what is meant by a broken neck.

Angle competed in the Olympics with two fractured cervical vertebrae. I think they're including that in the category of "broken neck"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah, I'm no doctor but from what I gather the severity relates to if it's just one of the vertebrae that got damaged or if the spinal cord also got hosed up. Because bones can heal & the spinal cord can't (which seems like an oversight, evolution should do something about that). Angle had a cervical vertebrae fracture, Benoit as far as I can find had a slipped disc, where as Christopher Reeve shattered the C1 & C2 vertebrae to such an extent that his skull wasn't actually attached to the neck. Basically you're only paralysed if the spinal cord gets damaged as well as the bone its encased in.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You can break your neck but not damage the nerves that run down it enough to paralyze you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

buster keaton broke his neck and never knew until a doctor told him years later. bodies are weird

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jim Valley’s go fund me is now over $41k. The latest big name donation is a grand from Tony Schiavone, who said Jim’s encouragement was key to him returning to wrestling :3:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think Jim has any particularly interesting insights into pro wrestling or anything I would point to as a reason I like listening to his shows but he is so freaking charming and chipper that I love his shows and love the man. I was genuinely sad I got to MSG late so I couldn't say hi before the show. I hope Fumi has been texting him photos of his cat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think Jim and Garrett bring much needed context to their recaps and analysis because unlike Dave and Bryan they have a working knowledge of popular culture outside of wrestling/MMA/Rocky movies.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think Jim has any particularly interesting insights into pro wrestling or anything I would point to as a reason I like listening to his shows

This is so loving unnecessary

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

arent you the guy that harasses bix everywhere

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol you can't suspiciously crop things to make people look worse when it's in the same thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
We can all see the full post but prefacing your message with that bullshit is out of order.

Don't talk to me about Bixby.