Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

A Single Sphink posted:

I mean, Mirko's quirk is "I'm a rabbit," and she hurricanrana'd a Nomu's head clean off.

That's just a thing rabbits can do, please refer to the nature documentary, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, scene 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
I'm still at the point where the artwork is gorgeous but I'm having trouble following along with what's actually going on. :(

Like, not that it's too complicated for me to follow along but with how short each chapter is I'm definitely going to have to go through and read the entire arc to really get a sense of how the pieces are actually moving.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Raposa posted:

That's just a thing rabbits can do, please refer to the nature documentary, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, scene 20.

Or that one chapter of Dungeon Meshi.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Shadow All Might, also a very nice person

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So it seems like this really is gonna be the final arc, huh? It’s kind of sudden, with Deku still not knowing some of his powers and the whole traitor thing never being mentioned and all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's really loving not, for literally those exact reasons.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the whole traitor thing never comes up again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Traitor yeah, but the powers aren't just gonna be left on the table so soon after being introduced.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
No way, the manga wouldn’t bring it up multiple times and then drop it unexpectedly. That’s like having stain or gentle not show up again down the line

Hori musta thought up the traitor really early on and I doubt he’d scrap who it was unless it was baku/todo themselves with how everyone’s been shafted, it’s the last way for a few characters to have a real arc

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 6, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I also don’t think Stain or Gentle will show up again beyond maybe a cameo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gentle probably not. But they've called out Stain two or three times after his arc. Similar to the slow build up Shinso got and that absolutely ended up paying off.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The last page of the comic is everyone in 1-A admitting that they were the traitor.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

drjuggalo posted:

That’s like having stain or gentle not show up again down the line

I have bad news for you friend

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
*tears down my inasa shrine*

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Stain will show up as soon as anything involving Tartarus becomes a big plot point. Gentle will show up when the government hero stuff is dealt with (alongside Hawks issues with the Hero Commission), seeing as Gentle was pretty literally drafted into some sort of suicide squad style set-up based on where he ended up when talking to the police. Or at least doing public service instead of criminal prison time.

The traitor thing might never come up at this point, or it might get re-visited as a more low stakes arc. Also there's no way this is the end of the manga, this is Itachi/Kisame attacking Konoha or the Straw Hats being separated. We're either leading into a time skip or just a general huge shakeup in the status quo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Still placing my bets on the "traitor" not knowing they are leaking information.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The traitor is gonna be Dark Shadow sneaking off in the middle of the night to pass info.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The traitor is Mina's instagram account.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mei is the traitor. Every piece of support gear is bugged.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Lord_Magmar posted:

Stain will show up as soon as anything involving Tartarus becomes a big plot point. Gentle will show up when the government hero stuff is dealt with (alongside Hawks issues with the Hero Commission), seeing as Gentle was pretty literally drafted into some sort of suicide squad style set-up based on where he ended up when talking to the police. Or at least doing public service instead of criminal prison time.

My prediction: Shiggy will somehow survive this encounter but gets thrown into Tartarus. Shiggy causes a prison break and goes to see AFO about that whole "take over my body" thing. AFO tries to possess or absorb Shiggy somehow but gets absorbed instead. Deku and co. get sent in to contain the prison break and he runs into Stain. They have a chat over the nature of heroism or something and join in an uneasy alliance. Stain confronts Shiggy and gets squashed. Big fight ensues, Deku loses and Shiggy escapes.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The traitor is the mouse prez that wants to destroy human society

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

The traitor is the mouse prez that wants to destroy human society

he's filled with incel rage because nobody wants to be in a relationship with a super genius mouse as opposed to a human with mouse characteristics

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if we're going to get to see those two black silhouetted OfA users during this mind battle?

Also, I wonder if this ends with Shiggy only absorbing some of OfA and he ends up with Nana living in his head.

That's actually my guess: The "us" refers to the specters he's met so far, so as a failsafe rather than absorbing One for All directly he's going to suck out Nana and Banjo so Deku loses Black Whip and/or floating, leading to him meeting the next in line while recovering and managing to hold on to OfA for a while longer.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'm getting more convinced that the traitor is going to end up being 'All for One can sense Deku's location' and that we may get that revealed within the next few chapters. Whatever is going on with A4O is a lot more freaky than we expected.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 6, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nuebot posted:

That's actually my guess: The "us" refers to the specters he's met so far, so as a failsafe rather than absorbing One for All directly he's going to suck out Nana and Banjo so Deku loses Black Whip and/or floating, leading to him meeting the next in line while recovering and managing to hold on to OfA for a while longer.

Pure speculation but going further with this, I find it odd this is the first time AfO has ever managed to touch a OfA user's face given he had a fight to the death with All Might. What if the 4th's quirk matches an ability AfO suddenly gained during his fight with All Might, ie he stole a OfA quirk? it could be the quirk that caused All Might's critical wound.

If Deku loses OfA quirks, I want the arc to end with him realizing OfA has the power to take them back too, so he regains the 4th's quirk.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guarantee Stain will show up again considering his arrest is what puts most of the plot in motion, and he has been conspicuously shown in Tatarus. The traitor angle I think just got shelved because Nedzu just flat outs says "okay looks like it's not the kids", and a faculty member turning would have to do it RIGHT NOW for it to matter.

I maintain that this is nowhere near the final battle because Horikoshi already said he originally planned 30 volumes but said it'd have to go on a fair amount more than that in an interview with Oda. If we're doing Star Wars, this right here is Cloud City where Han gets iced and Luke gets his hand cut off.

I still think if Shigaraki has to retreat that they go to Tartarus and take it over since that lets a new status quo settle in where Shigaraki and co. get to recuperate in a pre-made doom fortress stuffed with plot (AFO, Stain) and extra fodder to replace the PLF guys (basically all the insanely dangerous criminals in Tartarus).

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 6, 2020

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah, given MHA has shown no signs of its popularity flagging, if it was actually ending any time soon it’d have to be for some other reason Hori couldn’t keep it going and that’s the kind of thing that’s hard to keep a lid on. I’m sure this arc will change the dynamic of the manga but I don’t think it’s even close to the finale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Reading the Marineford Arc*

Boy this sure is the end of One Piece.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Everyone knows One Piece will never end.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It'll end when Oda keels over on his desk like Tezuka.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

the best manga..... will never die !!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Still waiting on that Stain and All Might interaction.

I'm also team "there's no spy, someone is just being surveiled". On the other hand, what's Cementoss up to lately? HMM?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also if this was the final arc, I'm pretty sure Horikoshi or someone at Jump would have said something by now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Or the spy went "these are good people, let's not betray them anymore."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Shadow All Might, also a very nice person

All Might's "ghost" is his buff form and can now fully manifest in the spirit realm at the peak of his power

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

*Reading the Marineford Arc*

Boy this sure is the end of One Piece.

I honestly don't think this is a very fair comparison. One Piece has a very solid, concrete goal: find the one piece at the end of the grand line. If Luffy isn't near the end of the grand line, or isn't at the one piece, then the series probably isn't ending.

MHA, meanwhile, has a much more nebulous final goal: Deku becomes a great hero, and presumably AFO and/or Shiggy are beaten. Deku fighting Shiggy could easily be the end point for both of those ultimate goals - he beats AFO, and in doing so beats the one villain that even the number 1 hero couldn't, thus making him be widely considered a great hero. There are also other, smaller goals / chekhov's guns set up that need paying off such as the other OFA quirks, the traitor, etc, but those aren't necessarily mandatory to finish the story. They could, in theory, be wrapped up or handwaved away if this was the end of the series. It would be lovely rushed writing, but with shonen jump rushed endings aren't uncommon.

I don't think this is actually the end of the series cus yeah it's still wildly popular, but I also find it very easy to think this is the end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doc Fission posted:

I'm also team "there's no spy, someone is just being surveiled". On the other hand, what's Cementoss up to lately? HMM?

Cementoss being the traitor would be interesting, especially given that he was one of the people who knew about All Might's weaker form.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cementoss is fighting Geten back at the mansion with the rest of the heroes that didn't go to get slaughtered by Gigantomachia.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I ordered Volume 25 a while back and for some reason I received two copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well Vigilantes seems like it’s heading towards a finale as well for that matter but has there been any official word that series is actually ending any time soon?