Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

graph posted:

the last thing i did before fucko took office was get a passport and it's useless now

:smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what are the chances they quickly threw together some kind of hospital bed for him in the WH.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

polyester concept posted:

what are the chances they quickly threw together some kind of hospital bed for him in the WH.

like 420% and by "hospital bed" i mean "full emergency room"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
doesn't the presidential limo have like oxygen tanks and it's sealed and whatever else?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
our landlord is selling our place b/c of covid and now i can't sleep, ugh

we have options (hell, we might even buy it if they don't ask for too much) but still loving sucks we may end up having to move. at least if we do we get a free month's rent though.

it brings me peace that trump is having a much worse night than i am though :unsmigghh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
yeah i assume that they spent the time he was in the hospital setting up a full ICU in the west wing

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
also this is almost certainly happening b/c the cmhc is not extending mortgage deferrals so if i do buy this place i'm gonna negotiate hard

my idiot landlord also told me before they spoke with their agent.... i don't know if they realize that the market has swung hard back towards buyers

rekt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Makes me wish I'd have done the needful and travelled internationally a few years back because there's absolutely no chance of it happening any time soon.
probably not but maybe late 2021 (lol). definitely do it though before world gets even shittier all around -- which it is rapidly doing. take the wife to see some cool italian/greek or german poo poo before everything decays and crippling global poverty. lotta cool poo poo and good biking out there too and you can bike pretty much anywhere, kinda wanted to do a long international bike-vacation like that like biking around europe, maybe throwing bikes onto the eurostar for long distances but mostly by peddal.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

also this is almost certainly happening b/c the cmhc is not extending mortgage deferrals so if i do buy this place i'm gonna negotiate hard

my idiot landlord also told me before they spoke with their agent.... i don't know if they realize that the market has swung hard back towards buyers

rekt

jeeeeez. I'm glad my landlord has owned this house (I live in the basement suite) for about 25 years. no way they'd still have a mortgage on it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Cold on a Cob posted:

our landlord is selling our place b/c of covid and now i can't sleep, ugh

we have options (hell, we might even buy it if they don't ask for too much) but still loving sucks we may end up having to move. at least if we do we get a free month's rent though.

it brings me peace that trump is having a much worse night than i am though :unsmigghh:

why would you have to move if your landlord sells, do you not have strong tenant protections where you live?

also you could always negotiate with your landlord to buy the property, you might be able to do something like take over their mortgage

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

eschaton posted:

why would you have to move if your landlord sells, do you not have strong tenant protections where you live?

also you could always negotiate with your landlord to buy the property, you might be able to do something like take over their mortgage

landlord use of property is a legal way to evict a tenant in ontario. if buyer wants to move in they can evict me in 60 days. if they want to buy as an "investment property" then they are stuck with me, legally speaking.

current landlord said they'll offer to sell to me, waiting to see what they'll ask for a price.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cold on a Cob posted:

rekt

make an offer asap and don’t budge on it. they may panic when they hear the bad news and snap up yours just to be done with it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

PIZZA.BAT posted:

make an offer asap and don’t budge on it. they may panic when they hear the bad news and snap up yours just to be done with it

yep that’s my thought too. going to let them come to us with a price then push it down. we have a 100% fail safe backup place to live so we will be negotiating from a strong position.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
offer them tire dollars for the ultimate power play

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
woah, no way - canadian tire dollars have real value, unlike cad

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
it'd be funny if he just died on election day like someone shattered his phylactery

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

polyester concept posted:

The WH already has a hospital facility, he had to be in bad shape if they took him to Walter Reed

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The WH already has a hospital facility, he had to be in bad shape if they took him to Walter Reed

yeah and i figure they beefed it up while he was at reed

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Lysidas posted:

the president is apparently the only person who has ever received all three of [dexamethasone, remdesivir, the synthetic antibody coctail developed by regeneron], so who the gently caress knows how this will go long term

but im sure he would have been perfectly fine! much bigly health! dont worry about why he was given steroids antivirals and experimental antibodies, its perfectly normal to have to experiment with untested treatments on a sitting president

Imagine simultaneously testing three experimental ideas in production on a critical single point of failure so old people are afraid to breath on it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like the idea of a panicked Trump just asking to be injected with everything they got and the doctors just standing there knowing they can't tell the President that it's a bad idea.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fabricated posted:

I like the idea of a panicked Trump just asking to be injected with everything they got and the doctors just standing there knowing they can't tell the President that it's a bad idea.
injected? they definitely hid it in some ice creams for him

Apr 7, 2003

I was listening to the audiobook version of A Very Stable Genius while I've been riding on Saturday and got to the chapter where Trump brought Tillerson on in part because of his personal experience with Vladimir Putin, but after meeting Putin once for two hours told Tillerson "I don't need you anymore, I understand him better than you ever could" lol

So Trump getting covid-19 and deciding he was now the world's leading expert on the virus is not at all out of character

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fabricated posted:

same. I also absolutely believe that’s how it went down. he was throwing a massive tantrum and demanded he get everything

Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

same. I also absolutely believe that’s how it went down. he was throwing a massive tantrum and demanded he get everything

https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(16)37268-3/fulltext

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl posted:

doesn't the presidential limo have like oxygen tanks and it's sealed and whatever else?

yeah, its capable of being hermetically sealed and sustainable during rocket blasts, too, which is why it gets about 3-5 mpg

as much as i enjoy the idea of him gasping for air secretly in the back of an suv its only fantasy in that it would be secret and not for more fat white dude waves

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:kiss:

also lol @ whoever spent a few hundred on a lawn sign

Apr 7, 2003

It's been said over and over again but Trump is a celebrity with merchandise, the signs and poo poo are functionally no different than a Steelers fan wearing a jersey and putting a flag on his car.

This is a deliberate reduction of our political system on the part of the media in general.

It's why the 'shy Trump voter' poo poo everyone's pretending exists is funny as hell to anyone with regular contact with chuds.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Trump's actual major voting contingent is basically skidoo dealership owners

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

loool

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

President Beep posted:

Imagine being the doctor who refused Trump ~any~ kind of treatment, no matter how dangerous, and he ended up dying anyway

There would be literally dozens of redhats contemplating murdering you

And thousands of redhats actively dragging your reputation of yourself and your family though the mud for being part part of the liberal conspiracy

The right-wing media machine might even get in on it

Not worth saying no

Apr 7, 2003

klosterdev posted:

Imagine being the doctor who refused Trump ~any~ kind of treatment, no matter how dangerous, and he ended up dying anyway

There would be literally dozens of redhats contemplating murdering you

And thousands of redhats actively dragging your reputation of yourself and your family though the mud for being part part of the liberal conspiracy

The right-wing media machine might even get in on it

Not worth saying no

The DHS whistleblower, Miles Taylor, said that the rank and file GOP legislators are deathly afraid of Trump’s angry dumb and violent base lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
remember how they whipped up the tea party and then got scared when it got away from them?

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

remember how they whipped up the tea party and then got scared when it got away from them?

lol

they swapped out their stupid tea bag hats for stupid red baseball caps.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
trump may have infected the joint chiefs of staff

what a fuckin time to be alive

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow so many powerful important people sick. will the leader of antifa stop at nothing?!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a shame he's not a russian plant and there isn't still a cold war, because this would be the most incredible russian victory imaginable.

tom clancy couldn't have come up with this poo poo in his wettest dreams

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

I mean this whole shitshow of the past four years inclusive of how we managed COVID is the result of the most incredible Russian victory imaginable

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

lol

i do, because they won't shut up about biden whipping up the radical left (lol as if) and if there's one thing the right does, it's project project project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cold on a Cob posted:

i do, because they won't shut up about biden whipping up the radical left (lol as if) and if there's one thing the right does, it's project project project

i mean, they're not wrong in the statement that biden is whipping up the left. just not in the way they think