Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Between H*des, Spelunky 2, the new binding from isaac xpac from hell, and general roguefuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of day to be a gamer. Tommy need wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dongicus posted:

Between H*des, Spelunky 2, the new binding from isaac xpac from hell, and general roguefuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of day to be a gamer. Tommy need wallet

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dongicus posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

Between Hades, Spelunky 2, and the new Binding of Isaac xpac that just got announced, it's good to be a roguelike gamer.

get this. none of them are roguelikes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lyle can't even play Splunky 2 cos he's using a tandy from 1981

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

get this. none of them are roguelikes

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lyle can't even play Splunky 2 cos he's using a tandy from 1981

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Up to seven in a row, true ending done

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The hidden aspect on the sword kicks rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The hidden aspect on the sword kicks rear end

ive only gotten one hidden aspect so far and it also kicks rear end, just beat the game with it. pumped to unlock the rest

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How do you unlock the hidden aspects

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just bought this on swinch hoping that I like the controller better. The Cross Saves poo poo seems hype.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How do you unlock the hidden aspects

At least some of them you can unlock by continuing to level up your affinity with characters by giving them nectar. I got two of them from Nyx and Achilles

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At least some of them you can unlock by continuing to level up your affinity with characters by giving them nectar. I got two of them from Nyx and Achilles

i think youve got to get the spear unlocked to get the rest, keep talking to achilles and he gives you a code word to give the spear

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yeah the spear is first

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Just bought this on swinch hoping that I like the controller better. The Cross Saves poo poo seems hype.

Oh poo poo I thought that was coming on a later date. Tight

edit Yeah i don't think it's out until some time next month (cross saves)

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 30, 2020

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Got my first clear last night, with the shield, after like 25 tries. I had already consigned myself to a loss, with only one defiance and not a lot of health. I ended up healing up fully and only took like 12 damage from Hades lol, after struggling to get to his second phase consistently. The Evergreen Acorn + dash throw doing +200% and deflecting made it happen

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

starting with the god boons is bad because getting a lucky hammer at the start of your run is the greatest feeling in the world

you can still get the hammer 1st even with a god boon trinket, the god you picked will show up second

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just unlocked the spear hidden aspect, not sure how I did it achilles just talked to me one time on my way back and then it unlocked

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

just unlocked the spear hidden aspect, not sure how I did it achilles just talked to me one time on my way back and then it unlocked

it’s awesome

dead horse
Oct 9, 2012
dang hades rules... I kept dying at the minotaur until I unlocked the fists, then I had a run where I got the athena shield dash + a huge stack of artemis crit boons + a duo(??) boon where my deflections increased my crit chance and then I was just flying around invincible throwing out these ridiculous uppercut crits everywhere. with the hammer upgrade that makes dash strikes do like 900% to armor everything in elysium and the next zone was just melting. I died on the dad boss but I couldn’t even be mad. I played for like 8 hours and now when I blink I can still see the little man make the red dash line and hear the sound effect

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

any imps get a Spelunky 2 W yet? I got real close on a shortcut run but I don't think I'll count it til I get it from 1-1. The normal route final boss is also kind of bullshit without some sort of a projectile weapon, much more along the lines of the secret Spelunky 1 boss than Olmec

edit: also what's everyone's preferred route? I'll take Jungle if I've got a bunch of money for the black market or if I've got a good back slot item already or made progress on the Kali altar because there are usually a ton of guys to sacrifice there. Otherwise I'll go Volcana because it usually feels easier and Vlad's Cape is really sick. And outside of completionism I feel no desire to go for Temple instead of Tide Pool -- I guess the former is easier to reach if you're going for the Ankh but I'm just trying to beat the game normally right now and not gently caress with that poo poo

edit edit: I think going Volcana->Temple is the only way to get the Alien Compass that gets you into the Mothership though? And I believe there's a character unlock behind that so I'he gotta try it at least once

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 3, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've gotten the standard ending twice and been to the secret area past the boss exactly once. Volcano -> Water feels like the easiest path by far to me, but you gotta get lucky with shops and crates to really have a chance. Jungle seems really good with the Black Market, chance to get paste from big spiders, and the extra bomb box from the forest people if you save them all. It also requires a lot bigger time investment than the volcano though.

I'm not sure if I'll ever see the true ending though. This game has been kicking my rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finally started unlocking the special aspects for the weapons. Pretty cool that the spear aspect is called Guan Yu's Spear, musou heads rise up. Though I expect the sword to be something stupid like a Link reference.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Finally started unlocking the special aspects for the weapons. Pretty cool that the spear aspect is called Guan Yu's Spear, musou heads rise up. Though I expect the sword to be something stupid like a Link reference.

Nah they all have cool lore implications with other mythoses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

workin on getting the unlocks for the other aspects, frost fair blade kicks mondo rear end and i want to see what the others can do

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Nah they all have cool lore implications with other mythoses

Gun aspect ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Gun aspect ftw

i literally just got the call phrase for the gun and holy poo poo lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe it’s because I played on He’ll Mode but I’ve done 37 runs and the farthest I’ve got was dying in Styx.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah i’ve only fought hades like twice and got spanked hard. Typical runs end in Elysium, but I am decidedly Bad At Games.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

any imps get a Spelunky 2 W yet? I got real close on a shortcut run but I don't think I'll count it til I get it from 1-1. The normal route final boss is also kind of bullshit without some sort of a projectile weapon, much more along the lines of the secret Spelunky 1 boss than Olmec

edit: also what's everyone's preferred route? I'll take Jungle if I've got a bunch of money for the black market or if I've got a good back slot item already or made progress on the Kali altar because there are usually a ton of guys to sacrifice there. Otherwise I'll go Volcana because it usually feels easier and Vlad's Cape is really sick. And outside of completionism I feel no desire to go for Temple instead of Tide Pool -- I guess the former is easier to reach if you're going for the Ankh but I'm just trying to beat the game normally right now and not gently caress with that poo poo

edit edit: I think going Volcana->Temple is the only way to get the Alien Compass that gets you into the Mothership though? And I believe there's a character unlock behind that so I'he gotta try it at least once

Bro im not reading a megathread that combines multiple games in several distinct genres all them being not-roguelike

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I havent unlocked the gun aspect because i dont like using the gun abd I havent spent any blud on the gun

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The gun pwns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I havent unlocked the gun aspect because i dont like using the gun abd I havent spent any blud on the gun

i dont like the non-hidden aspect guns but the hidden aspect kicks rear end. actually all the hidden aspects kick rear end, i finally got the fists and they're the best weapon in the game no question

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you get aphrodite attack on the hidden fists it basically negates the drawback, amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the problem with the gun is it feels bad to use.. the reloading feels bad and the shooting feels bad. they borrowed the active reload aspect from Synthetik another hit indie trasure not-rougelike that people call roguelike for some reason, but unlike Hades the whole game is about shooting guns, and making thee gun shooting feel good, isntead of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the hidden fists the other night and they kick rear end