Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

poo poo if she doesnt beat me too it!

Got a 24pk of Oktoberfest 6 lobster tails a buncha jumbo shramp and bithcin sauce! Only 5.99!!! No thick flannels tho sadly

I tried the Bells Oktoberfest and wasn’t too impressed, I think the other stuff (Hacker-Pschorr?) was better.

The bells wasn’t bad but the Hacker-Pschorr really nailed that crisp straw taste.

edit: the internet backs me up on this one

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/76/234/

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/32695/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

pentyne posted:

Stropwaffles are loving amazing and I haven't even tried the heating it over a coffee cup method yet.

Put it over a cup of light tea with honey. By the time the tea steeps the waffle should have the perfect consistency along with a slight flavor of honey and tea along with caramel. Stroopwafels loving rock.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Paul MaudDib posted:

I tried the Bells Oktoberfest and wasn’t too impressed, I think the other stuff (Hacker-Pschorr?) was better.

The bells wasn’t bad but the Hacker-Pschorr really nailed that crisp straw taste.

edit: the internet backs me up on this one

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/76/234/

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/32695/

Ive had bells and Sierra Nevadas this year. I prefer marzens to feist but i lika da malts. Anyways our Costco only had sam Adams Oktoberfest. Which ive also had before and is a marzen. Win win 4 me

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
west salem mattress from costco is epic and good and cheaper than the caspers

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ive had bells and Sierra Nevadas this year. I prefer marzens to feist but i lika da malts. Anyways our Costco only had sam Adams Oktoberfest. Which ive also had before and is a marzen. Win win 4 me

It’s a little odd because I’m picky about beer and bells is reliably good, I like about half their stuff and the other half is drinkable, with only maybe 10% of stuff that I really dislike. Other brands I maybe have 50/50 drinkable and dislike and maybe a 10% hit rate on stuff I really like.

I love that Flamingo Fruit Fight, that was around last year too and I was really happy to see it at Costco again this year. Expensive but great. I normally am not a tart beer person but the fruit works really nicely with that. Kinda hoping that becomes one of their regular seasonal brews.

Too bad the owner is kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Really not a fan of Sam Adams, I have a fairly low hit rate with them. I got the summer sampler and ended up not drinking most of it, still have like half of it sitting around. I also have extremely poor luck with Stone’s brewing.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 9, 2020

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

poisonpill posted:

My live-in ghost

I have bad news

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paul MaudDib posted:

It’s a little odd because I’m picky about beer and bells is reliably good, I like about half their stuff and the other half is drinkable, with only maybe 10% of stuff that I really dislike. Other brands I maybe have 50/50 drinkable and dislike and maybe a 10% hit rate on stuff I really like.

I love that Flamingo Fruit Fight, that was around last year too and I was really happy to see it at Costco again this year. Expensive but great. I normally am not a tart beer person but the fruit works really nicely with that. Kinda hoping that becomes one of their regular seasonal brews.

Too bad the owner is kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Really not a fan of Sam Adams, I have a fairly low hit rate with them. I got the summer sampler and ended up not drinking most of it, still have like half of it sitting around. I also have extremely poor luck with Stone’s brewing.

Stone is hit or miss. But i look for specific styles of beer anyway. My local costco has a lacking craft beer selection. Ive been to others up north that had a surprising amount of craft brew (from the bigger breweries)

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Stone is hit or miss. But i look for specific styles of beer anyway. My local costco has a lacking craft beer selection. Ive been to others up north that had a surprising amount of craft brew (from the bigger breweries)

Our Costco (Everett, MA) doesn’t have a huge beer selection, but there’s always a good number of local and regional craft beers to choose from. Now of only they’d refrigerate the unfiltered IPAs.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pentyne posted:

Stropwaffles are loving amazing and I haven't even tried the heating it over a coffee cup method yet.

it will change your life

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
man, yall lucked out, I got a case of Paulaner Marzen and its been fantastic. 11.2 oz bottles but hey, great German beer. :toot:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Lobsterboy posted:

man, yall lucked out, I got a case of Paulaner Marzen and its been fantastic. 11.2 oz bottles but hey, great German beer. :toot:

yeah I looked at the bottles and it was actually the Paulaner that I really liked, not Hacker-Pschorr (I've seen theirs too although maybe not at costco)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 10, 2020

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

The Casper mattress has been amazing and I slept like a God drat log.

I realized my SO splits their costco membership with another family member. Will customer service still make me a card? Or is two the limit.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lobsterboy posted:

Just finished my case of it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bioshuffle posted:

The Casper mattress has been amazing and I slept like a God drat log.

I realized my SO splits their costco membership with another family member. Will customer service still make me a card? Or is two the limit.
You can pay an additional membership price to get another but might as well just get your own membership at that point.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Paul MaudDib posted:

yeah I looked at the bottles and it was actually the Paulaner that I really liked

Yep, Paulaner > Spaten. I've seen both at my local Costco in years past. If you have a choice, go with the Paulaner. I also really like their dopplebock, Salvator.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EPICAC posted:

Our Costco (Everett, MA) doesn’t have a huge beer selection, but there’s always a good number of local and regional craft beers to choose from. Now of only they’d refrigerate the unfiltered IPAs.

Yeah, it helps if they actually know what they have to begin with. Alot of craft beer dont sit too well on the shelf. While others do...kinda

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yeah, it helps if they actually know what they have to begin with. Alot of craft beer dont sit too well on the shelf. While others do...kinda

Ever had craft beer straight from the beer cow’s teet? It’s warm and takes some getting used to, but chefskiss.

I’ve been trying the jerkies and have settled on Pacific Gold as my personal preference of sweetness/chewiness...maybe a little on the sweet side. I remember that Costco used to carry a spicy one from the same brand when I was younger, but I haven’t seen it for almost a decade. Bay Area, for reference.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I cursed myself by talking up my coffee maker last week. It's developed a hole in the heating element, so now I get to visit church later this morning and hope they have a decent grinder and brewer. :cry:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Enos Cabell posted:

I cursed myself by talking up my coffee maker last week. It's developed a hole in the heating element, so now I get to visit church later this morning and hope they have a decent grinder and brewer. :cry:

Dunno about your local Costco but this is the machine I have and it's amazing

https://www.costco.com.au/Kitchen-L...S875BSS/p/50634

Although Costco's price for it is good-but-not-great in my local market.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'd love an espresso machine, but I just spent way too much on a video card so $700 would be a tough sell to the wife. Ended up with a pretty decent looking Cuisinart from Costco @$59. They didn't have any grinders at all though, so had to brave Bed Bath & Beyond for an OXO burr grinder.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I ordered this the other day. There's was a 22 dollar coupon built into Amazon that I used and I added another one in checkout for another $17 discount for a total of $48 shipped inc tax for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8P348W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_UGFGFb7RT51MB

Additional coupon code: 9ADJ9883

I got it after seeing this pretty good review of it and I figured even if other conical burr grinders are better they are probably not 2-3 times better that their price is separated.

https://www-cnet-com.cdn.ampproject...AFQCrABIA%3D%3D

Hasn't been delivered yet so I can't personally vouch for it though.

As for an expresso and milk frothing solution, I've gotten these and am pretty happy. Haven't tested the refillable pods yet, hasn't arrived, but it should do 80% of what a prosumer expresso setup would do, for 20% of the cost.

Nespresso machine:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N7GO468/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_dOFGFbH94H698

Milk heater and frother:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085CD46GR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_YOFGFb9XFD2WW

Refillable Capsule:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084Q9F2BP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_ePFGFbAM05WRV

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

What's the proper etiquette queuing for the gas station? If the pump number 2 becomes empty, do you just pull in right away? I ask because I often see cars wait until both the pumps are empty, so that they can take the pump number 1, and the car behind them can simply pull in instead of having to go around and back in towards pump number 2.

Isn't that middle lane specifically for the purpose of going around pump number 2 to get to pump number 1? I've seen exceptions when cars are parked too close to the middle lane preventing this, but I don't get why cars will wait until both pump 1 and 2 are empty to pull in. I've seen it several times.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I believe all open pumps should be used at all times, don’t wait for anyone or anything.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

What's the proper etiquette queuing for the gas station? If the pump number 2 becomes empty, do you just pull in right away? I ask because I often see cars wait until both the pumps are empty, so that they can take the pump number 1, and the car behind them can simply pull in instead of having to go around and back in towards pump number 2.

Isn't that middle lane specifically for the purpose of going around pump number 2 to get to pump number 1? I've seen exceptions when cars are parked too close to the middle lane preventing this, but I don't get why cars will wait until both pump 1 and 2 are empty to pull in. I've seen it several times.

People are dumb, I give them 10 seconds to move into the open slot or else I will pass by them and take it myself.
Some people just aren't in a rush and treat waiting at the Costco gas line as leisure time to catch up on emails or Facebook.

Also the hose reaches both sides so don't be afraid to just take any open pump, not just the ones on your side (local store may vary)

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

After a month or two of only ordering a handful of things online, my wife and I finally got a chance to go in person. My best find was some Kirkland socks that actually feel good around my toes, no tightness or painful stitching.

I've had problems finding anything close to what I wanted for a few years and now I can be happy with socks again!

We had crying babies with us and a hospital appointment to keep, so no waiting in line for a hot dog. One day, however, it will be mine.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Missed opportunity to baptize those babies with a $1.50 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and 20oz. soda (with refill) IMO.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

FCKGW posted:

People are dumb, I give them 10 seconds to move into the open slot or else I will pass by them and take it myself.
Some people just aren't in a rush and treat waiting at the Costco gas line as leisure time to catch up on emails or Facebook.

Also the hose reaches both sides so don't be afraid to just take any open pump, not just the ones on your side (local store may vary)

So the phenomenon of people waiting is not just in my store, right? You guys see it too? I just don't know what to do, so I just end up waiting. Then again, when I was getting gas at pump #2 yesterday, someone pulled in to pump #1 and parked so far off they blocked me in, basically forcing me to wait until they were done too. People are idiots.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bioshuffle posted:

Costco does a clear lane between the pumps, even if they are both occupied, for this exact reason. Fill every zone at ever time. And as was mentioned, the nozzles themselves are on springy super-length hoses so they will reach over and around any vehicle no matter what side your tank is on.

I was proxy-scolded by an old lady months ago because the people ahead of me was doing what you describe, just sitting behind a single pump occupied while the one past them was open and free. I waited, saw they weren't moving up, so I did. Partway through filling up I heard some people talking behind me. I look, it's the old lady I scooted past using the center lane to take the pump ahead of the line. She was upset and essentially telling on me to the Costco attendant guy, but the Costco attendant was basically shrugging and saying things like "Well why didn't you move ahead? That's why its set up like this".

People are dumb as hell and where I am, they are older people who are unaware of the size of their vehicles and are also just terrified seemingly all the time.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Around here they have started installing occupancy indicator lights mounted on the support columns for the overhang, so that you don't have to wait for the gigantic SUV at the rear pump to move to see what's going on up front.

The doddering fools ignore it, so it's the same as before.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
My Costco actually put out cones blocking the center lane that lets you jump pumps...it's really annoying because now you have to wait, and I swear the back pump is always a dude with a giant tank while the front are like little economy cars.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My friends are taking me to Costco for the first time tomorrow. I live alone without a car so I’m planning on spending a fair bit on things I know I’ll use on the regular. I feel like I saw a list here of worthwhile bulk pantry purchases or something like that a while back. Like I’m looking at their website and they have olive oil tins priced at half what I buy them for at the local Italian market, but I don’t recognize the brand. Are there any things I should avoid tomorrow?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The other day I pulled in at the same time as someone's meemaw. I filled up a 36 gallon pickup truck tank and she was still setting up her gas cans, as I pulled away.

Hell yes, go around slow people and never apologize.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Pinus Porcus posted:

My Costco actually put out cones blocking the center lane that lets you jump pumps...it's really annoying because now you have to wait, and I swear the back pump is always a dude with a giant tank while the front are like little economy cars.

That is dumb as heck to put cones there. The one I go to and the time I go there is usually not too many cars waiting. But most people seem to have the tank on driver side, so that side of the pumps is always full and the other is not. I just zoom into one of the passenger side ones, stretch the pump over and skip all the people waiting.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

phosdex posted:

That is dumb as heck to put cones there. The one I go to and the time I go there is usually not too many cars waiting. But most people seem to have the tank on driver side, so that side of the pumps is always full and the other is not. I just zoom into one of the passenger side ones, stretch the pump over and skip all the people waiting.

Person putting in the cones sounds like the same sort of person who doesn't understand the zipper merge.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

I feel like cutting ahead of a car that's waiting is too aggro for me, and people usually don't wear masks when they pump gas, so I will continue to wait. The less interaction I have with other people, the better.

At least I know I'm not being a jerk when I pull into the nearest pump instead of waiting for the other one to free up.

Lt. Cock posted:

Are there any things I should avoid tomorrow?
Just be careful when buying too many perishable goods unless you can freeze or preserve them. Fruit will go bad. Even if you live alone, you can always split bulk items like onions or potatoes or garlic and the like.

Other than that, just stay away from people who don't wear masks properly and you should be good to go.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bioshuffle posted:

I feel like cutting ahead of a car that's waiting is too aggro for me, and people usually don't wear masks when they pump gas, so I will continue to wait. The less interaction I have with other people, the better.

Wait, they're talking about cutting? I thought the discussion was being next in line, and not waiting for the slow person directly in front of you, and using the middle lane to get to the open pump in front. This often means the slow person in the back pump now has to use the middle lane to go around you, but so what?

I don't think that's proper-line cutting. It's just keeping the line moving in spite of a slow person in the rear pump position.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sometimes the next person in line can't tell if theres an open spot ahead, like if you're in one of the bigger 3 pump per aisle stations, or if theres a big ol truck blocking the view. But yeah, if its open and it doesn't look like the others before it are gonna finish soon then you just go for it

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I went through half a jumbo bag of garlic in a single meal.

My entire family has unbearable gas today.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Renegret posted:

I went through half a jumbo bag of garlic in a single meal.

My entire family has unbearable gas today.

Hair of the dog. Never stop eating garlic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
There were no regrets, and if I made more we would've eaten more.