Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Does anyone have a link to the centipede calls? All I can find is the millipede call :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I am so so so happy this thread exists.

LPC was a staple of a job I worked with two good friends years back. We would constantly bring ourselves to tears on LPC listening days.

We always felt like it was this goldmine we discovered and couldnt find a soul who had ever heard of him.

The words "Daihatsu Blooper" will always immediately illicit a laugh from me and I cant even type it without chuckling.

Also his veiled threats to the gamestop employee over the Halo disc is probably my favorite moment from the entire collection.

"Youre gunna be the lowest employee when youre on the frickin ground" is one of the greatest comebacks in the history of anything

Edit: i did not know there were 2 new albums out since 15 and I am SO excited

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 30, 2020

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Longmont Motion Castle

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Riptor posted:

Longmont Motion Castle

Listen pal youre gunna feel my grip

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lpc got me through my Friday today. Thanks lpc

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

Listen pal youre gunna feel my grip

just yankin yer chaaaaaain pardner

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'll be in a hot air balloon at that time.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I am so so so happy this thread exists.

LPC was a staple of a job I worked with two good friends years back. We would constantly bring ourselves to tears on LPC listening days.

We always felt like it was this goldmine we discovered and couldnt find a soul who had ever heard of him.

The words "Daihatsu Blooper" will always immediately illicit a laugh from me and I cant even type it without chuckling.

Also his veiled threats to the gamestop employee over the Halo disc is probably my favorite moment from the entire collection.

"Youre gunna be the lowest employee when youre on the frickin ground" is one of the greatest comebacks in the history of anything

Edit: i did not know there were 2 new albums out since 15 and I am SO excited

I'm glad we could brighten your day, rough guy.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

only found out about LPC through the Borat 2 thread. surprised I never heard of him, since I've been familiar with likes of the jerky boys and telephone terrorists back in the days.

been binging like crazy today.

started with the Otis phone call.

been listening to stuff on random and from this post.

the chihuahua sale is great for the unexpected change in plot.

THE DEMONS OF ROCK.

Trent Tripp

the workers losing it to "Skippy" was the first time i heard the receiving end cracking up.

the fact that somewhere in the world, there's a guitar center salesman that had a chat with Alex Trebek, and doesn't even know it. even better.

Quadrupler, Omniprong, and even moreso Mongoose delve into "party line chaos" and i love every minute of it.

sometimes i feel bad about the time that he goes heavy on wanting credit card numbers, but I'm sure he knows it's a quick route to enraging the other end. and they could always just hang up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This classic has a couple of people who are entertained by his calls instead of enraged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFtoEiUAO7Q

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“How about liquid helium? Is that something I could maybe try? I don’t know, what do you think? What do you think?”

That will not solve your problem.

“Why?”

It’s a cryogenic fluid.

“Whaaaa. I’m not trying to live forever, I’m just trying to produce more tears.”

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

"Who are you, dude? What do you want with me? Do you know me? Is there something I did to you? Is there something you need from me? I don't understand why you keep choosing me. Or, do you have a roster of loving people you call and prank? I mean, I don't understand. Are you getting off? Is your dick in your hand right now? Are you stroking yourself while you're talking to me? Are you gay? Are you looking for some kind of homosexual relationship? What is the point of this? Are you stalking me? Are you gonna kill me? Come loving do it already, dude. Stop loving calling me, I really don't need to hear from you anymore. I could have easily blocked your stupid number, but I didn't because I...I've got this weird curiosity about who the gently caress you are."

"I'm Mr. Freebus."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The photographer nailed that LPC does indeed have a roster of people to prank. Shame they are dying off.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Trying to find the call where longmont keeps saying "shiiiiiit man"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

You might be thinking of Whip 1 but it's the caller who keeps saying poo poo, not LPC

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

cardedagain posted:

only found out about LPC through the Borat 2 thread. surprised I never heard of him, since I've been familiar with likes of the jerky boys and telephone terrorists back in the days.

been binging like crazy today.

Hi, sir, we're the Pygmalion Gang, can you just tell us who you're voting for today? We just need to know, we offer a fifty-six inch submarine sandwich for the information.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

oh wow on cd #9 he called Dick Dale..

also I did not realize upon first listen to the Alex Trebek and Jose Canseco call that Jose's manager hangs up mid-conversation with Alex and then LPC continues to pretend he's Jose to keep Alex on the phone

cardedagain fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 1, 2020

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Gonz posted:

Hi, sir, we're the Pygmalion Gang, can you just tell us who you're voting for today? We just need to know, we offer a fifty-six inch submarine sandwich for the information.

at least Herbie Rubbet was offering a free sombrero

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

at least Herbie Rubbet was offering a free sombrero

Yeah, I bet. What are ya gonna pop it on and take a big ol' nap?

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

RIP Alex Trebek

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeopardy/status/1325490106329751553?s=21

RIP to an old school, classy, unshakable sonuvabitch

E:f,b

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 8, 2020

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
you're outta your mind, stretchy

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
RIP to a real one. Always thought he was a dick until I heard the LPC calls

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

little munchkin posted:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I loved how he would get roped into those cross-connecting calls and then calmly explain to people what's going on, how's it been happening for some time, and that he is also alex trebek

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

when Alex calmly explained to Thrasher at UPS that Siam was no longer a country... RIP to a real one

https://youtu.be/VzZUXHtTr6c

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I’m just as distraught as you are, I just am

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the one where he threatens a guy with "I'm gonna come over there, lift you up and put you down about 75 times"?

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

What's the one where he threatens a guy with "I'm gonna come over there, lift you up and put you down about 75 times"?

LPC 14 Medley, 35 seconds in. Brent Bump fixing to lift some freaking weights.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Well, what do you have to say about Zatarain's? It's a spicy, uh, concoction. It's full of character. Real flavorful.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Inzombiac posted:

"Ey this is Brent. Whassuhhhp..ugghhhhhgghghhhhghghh"
This has been on hard rotation in my mind recently while carrying my baby around the house. I'm fixin' to lift you up and put you down about 75 times a day. I also started ending my sentences with his guttural ughghhhhgh-ing.

I also like how the guy telling him to gently caress off keeps picking up when he calls back repeatedly, and weirdly acting more and more friendly to LPC even as he tells him to gently caress off, shut his bitch rear end up, etc.

"Immana lift 200 pooouugughhhhhhhhghgghndsughhhhh"

"My last name's Bump!"

That 1-2-3 combo - the crime lab guy "either weed or pot", Brent Bump, and the belligerent Food and Friends/fingerling potatoes call... LPC 14 Medley is an absolute all timer.

just smush yer goop all up 'n' daughhnnnnn
the top of the guacamole is by far the creamiest

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 16, 2020

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Kilbas posted:

LPC 14 Medley, 35 seconds in. Brent Bump fixing to lift some freaking weights.

I'm gonna knock you into eachother a bit, how's that sound.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

tiiiiiime LIFE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Hello, this is Schneider. You sold me a guitar about ten days ago.”

Ok, what guitar was that?

“It's a Fender. It was for my brother's birthday.”

Ok.

“And, uhhhh, it's got some weird stuff going on with it.”

If you want to bring it in, we'd be glad to look at it. Maybe we could find you another one, err uhh, what's wrong with it?

“Well, we got it home and opened the case, and there was a bag of frozen blueberries inside.”

Frozen blueberries? This was a new guitar? Or used?

“I thought it was new.”

There was frozen blueberries in this guitar case? That is a new one. I can't say I've ever heard that one before. Ummm...

“I want to say everything he plays just sounds all sour, and it just sounds bad. It's nothing like it was in the shop.”

I have no idea, this was...what guitar was this?

“A Fender.”

Which Fender? Acoustic, electric, Telecaster, Stratocaster?

”It was your statndard Made in Mexico.”

Ok, I'll just look it up. What's your first name?

“This is Schneider. My brother's name is Wade. I bought it for his birthday. I paid cash.”

Ok, what's your first name?

“Hey, I could be in there playin' "Whole Lot of Love" in 30 minutes, guy, but it's gonna sound like a whole lotta noise, 'cause this thing's fouled up. You got me?“

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I have found
the blueberries
that were in
the guitar case

which were
making my
Fender
sound sour

and I'm gonna
come over
and get
what I neeeeeeeed

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

I'm 'onna come up 'ere and ring yer neck.

Goddamn I love LPC.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every now and then I catch myself doing the elongated vowel sound he does.

It's only in private for now but I take a lot of meetings at work...

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

Every now and then I catch myself doing the elongated vowel sound he does.

It's only in private for now but I take a lot of meetings at work...

I need someone to lead the chaaaaaayyrge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The_Continental posted:

I need someone to lead the chaaaaaayyrge

At least two of the horn riffs are burned into my brain now