Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

Yeah that is the Montrose Civic Center, where the leftist of snowflakes will be voting.

Its where I always early voted before I moved out of Montrose.

Yeah it's just on W. Gray near/in Montrose, but it's also really close to River Oaks so chuds show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

Ate some brisket enchiladas.

they just built a hat creek burger joint near me and they're pretty good burgs

if anyone wants to take this opportunity to inform me they're evil that's cool, though

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tonight’s a tamale night

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Ate some brisket enchiladas.

Just pulled mine, it's resting for the next two hours. Feels super jiggly!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I drove my mom and stepdad to vote just now in Lubbock. Our downballot is just republican v no one in most cases, and yes Biden sucks, and yes the democrats suck, but drat it feels good to see the same people who yelled at me as a kid for not liking W be this enthusiastic about voting for democrats.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Everything's probably gonna be peaceful for the most part, but goddamn have I been doing brainless work all day that leaves me way too much time to stew, and not enough time to drink.

Manager Hoyden posted:

This is a case of being Terminally Online and your coworkers are brain poisoned. The east side is not going to burn lol that's nothing but twitter-rat fanfic

Most definitely. 19-22 year old ultra-online lefties is them.

Badger of Basra posted:

My educated speculation is that the kind of people who prepare bugout bags also loving LOVE to talk about the bugout bags, regardless of whether they are actually needed

JFC yes. Prior to the restaurant career change, I was in tech. A lotta nerds with a ton of money who were way too online, liked to feel smarter than everyone else, and didn't really have enough social hobbies. There was a group that would constantly talk about it, and for a guy on my team it was pretty much his weekend hobby. Ask him how his weekend was and you'd get "Pretty good. Got a new tactical shovel for my bag and it's awesome."

zoux posted:

My unrest fears are if Biden wins the popular by like +8 and loses the electoral, that kind of poo poo gets people in the streets. Sketchier, court related outcomes would be worse. I do not think Trump supporters will do poo poo if their guy loses.

I'm a little worried about a sharp rise in domestic terrorism by the thousands of Trump supporters who 100% bought in to Trump's "The dems are going to steal the election, because it's the only possible way to beat me because everyone loves me voter fraud voter fraud mail in ballots people voting hundreds of timessdaf fasfslfk;jsaf;lkja" spiel.

Sardonik posted:

It would take more than the collapse of society for me to stop ordering your Mongolian Beef :colbert:

In all seriousness though, if it's close, poo poo will hit the fan, I'd expect protests, though probably just ineffective pacifist ones. I'd like to think it won't be close, but who knows at this point. If trump is ahead at the end of tonight, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll try to prevent a shitload of votes from being counted, and from there, well, poo poo.

I ate the Mongolian beef today! So good. A tiny piece of me misses the pre-pandemic version with med-rare filet chunks, but it just cooks itself to death in the to go box, so we switched to shaved ribeye. Beefier, and travels well.

Yeah, a lot of his anti-mail-in ballot schtick is because he knows that mail-in this year is expected to vastly favor dems. If he's up at all come end of tonight, he'll be flailing and screaming about calling the election NOW because votes after today don't count because they can only be fraud.

God I wish he would just lose by a landslide, including Texas, so decisively there is just no possible way to spin it. If that happens, where does the Republican party go from there? Do they wise up and stop going after the complete crazies, or do they think that a more sane, moderate tack will depress turnout among the Trump base enough that they are still hosed? Do they continue to speak glowingly about Trump to try to keep his base, but try to go back to governing sanely or did that ship completely sail in 2008 and it's ride or die the crazy train for the foreseeable future?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The grift is so obvious. I just got a text RIGHT THIS SECOND to donate to trump’s campaign.

What’re they gonna do hire a blimp to fly at night?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Captain Monkey posted:

The grift is so obvious. I just got a text RIGHT THIS SECOND to donate to trump’s campaign.

What’re they gonna do hire a blimp to fly at night?
They're going to pay down the debts they've incurred

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

I suck at slicing, but this came out pretty well, IMO:

Brisket sandwiches, tacos, and omelettes for the foreseeable future.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattmxhn/status/1323794059542974464

See you later

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

only ~1% of travis county would-be hegar voters broke for the greens, that's better than i expected for her

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

give me some collin county numbers you bastards

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DAN CRENSHAW RE-ELECTED

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
But blue texas is what I was promised

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1323798066261037056?s=20

can I get some Fs in the chat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

So how's everybody doing

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

i say swears online posted:

DAN CRENSHAW RE-ELECTED

ಥ_ಥ

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Im still fine. This is all way early in the night

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

ReidRansom posted:

Im still fine. This is all way early in the night

I wish I had your fortitude

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Blue Texas Blue Texas Blue Texas

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Eating some ice cream now :) Sipping a Shiner beer too :)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I bought a pack of cigarettes for the first time in months. Gonna be a looooong night.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Eating some ice cream now :) Sipping a Shiner beer too :)

almost outta true love gotta switch to shiner

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

I wish I had your fortitude

I'm basically a golden retriever. It does come back to bite me sometimes tho.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Looks like Austin gonna get a train :toot:

Also Revolver Blood and Honey is delicious but hits hard

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NBC called it for Cornyn

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
IM SO loving STRESSED OUT HOLY poo poo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

awesome. that's all that really matters to me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao hillary is crushing biden's leads in the valley, rip

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
What was the route/s that made it to the ballot initiative for Austin's rail?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

I can find Shiner all over the place up here in IL but I have yet to find Blood & Honey, which is the other TX beer I knew I'd miss

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Biden's surpassed Hilary's total in 2016 and is now at 4 million or so votes with 61% reporting. Slight lead over Trump who is at 3.9. Doubt Biden holds but hot drat.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Once el passo comes in, it will be known.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

bird cooch posted:

Once el passo comes in, it will be known.

I don't like the idea of my hometown being a deciding factor in anything, but guess I'm pulling for them!

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I just finished being an election clerk and we had a pretty low turnout (105 voters), but a lot of polling locations in Travis County. So hoping our numbers overall were still good.

Ready to spend the rest of my night stressing the gently caress out.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

:emptyquote:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sampatrick posted:

:same: This poo poo is nuts.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Looks like Valenzuela will win

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1323814658751553541

I hope she cussed him out a few more times on the call at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/by_jmiller/status/1323815619884687367

Yeah lol