Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
gene wu used to work for her. that's all i know about geanie morrison. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
What’s Dades story? I saw on his Twitter feed that he’s palling around with gods tiniest boy, Briscuit Cane, so he’s a shithead right?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

Not really though? Let me preface this by saying I voted for Biden and all D down-ticket, but if I weren't a sadbrain political junkie I wouldn't know much about Trump's vilest poo poo. All I would know is that he says offensive things and he's the reason my paycheck went up $150. The opposition offered exactly nothing to me except the promise that my paycheck will go down.

I personally know that in the long term a D victory would be better for me, but otherwise I was asked to sacrifice my immediate wellbeing for zero in return.

This is the real answer. We come up with all kinds of convoluted reasoning for why people vote this way but most of the people I know that do just have no idea what's actually going on or if they do they don't understand the way the system works enough to understand what it actually means.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

When the flying gently caress are we getting legal weed on a ballot here? Hurry up and do it already, tired of watching all the cool states open up dispensaries while I'm down here hoping I don't get stabbed by my dealer, take the L and commit already Texas.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Stick in the mud out of state morons come here and put that poo poo on us. Real Texans smoke trees.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Marxalot posted:

Eventually when you take people for granted long enough while actively working against their every loving interest, they get sick of the poo poo.

see also: republicans and black voters during the great migration

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Would so much rather smoke trees than take all the meds I currently do.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

considered making the drive to colorado for a two years' supply myself

seeing places have like $60/oz doorbuster specials on nice slick websites is so freaky

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

i say swears online posted:

considered making the drive to colorado for a two years' supply myself

seeing places have like $60/oz doorbuster specials on nice slick websites is so freaky

Man, the thought of driving through the panhandle with any quantity of drugs in my car gives me shivers. Too many sheriffs departments funding themselves through asset forfeiture.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i-10 to i-25 through new mexico is longer but doesn't really add a hotel day. also it's prettier

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am always concerned that the Police are checking the CO border for people doing a weed Costco run but I imagine they could give a gently caress and are happy giving $200 speeding tickets instead.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if you're buying oil carts there's zero risk unless you're in the dumb & dumber dog van and you say "yes officer please search me!" even flower is vacuum-packed or in jars nowadays

i got popped by a dog at the inland stop in south texas nearly two years ago for stems and seeds in my console and they let me go

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

JOSE GARZA BACKYARD CULTIVATION WHEN

he takes office in travis county about a month before i start setting up my garden

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Parrotine posted:

When the flying gently caress are we getting legal weed on a ballot here? Hurry up and do it already, tired of watching all the cool states open up dispensaries while I'm down here hoping I don't get stabbed by my dealer, take the L and commit already Texas.

Yeah for real. Im old as poo poo and very lame so I don't even know how to buy weed yet I want it all the time. The only solution for people like me is legal weed please think of the old lame people

Let me have my freedoms texas my heart yearns to be free

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've always just assumed members of TX government sell pills

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Flying to Denver is like 80 bux roundtrip from most major cities so you could do it that way if you really wanted to.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Please do not try to fly your pound of mids to texas unless you want to die in prison

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Texas doesn’t do referendums (except on constitutional amendments) so legal weed will have to pass the Lege

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Marxalot posted:

Please do not try to fly your pound of mids to texas unless you want to die in prison

What if Midnight Express, but Texas?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Marxalot posted:

Gummies, dabs, and oil carts exist my man.

that said, yeah probably don't fly with it. If you're having trouble finding weed, go hang out on the back patio of a bar in a hippy/hipster area and talk to the dude that smells like or is openly smoking weed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao if you're flying just mail it back to yourself USPS, don't ever enter an airport with bad stuff

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
A little birdie told me that some gummies have the same size and dimensions as starbursts and can easily be rewrapped into starburst wrappers to make it through airport security no problem.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I always figured the USPS screens for drugs but then I remember there was trillions of dollars of drugs being sold over the internet using the mail and they only catch the dealers with computer things.

But yeah don’t personally carry enough drugs to carry an intent to distribute charge.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jokes posted:

I always figured the USPS screens for drugs but then I remember there was trillions of dollars of drugs being sold over the internet using the mail and they only catch the dealers with computer things.

But yeah don’t personally carry enough drugs to carry an intent to distribute charge.

federal carrier needs probable cause or a warrant, private carriers like UPS and DHL can do whatever they want

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I just want to walk into a strip mall shop with a terrible name and walk out with an ounce and a vaporizer to try and fail to figure out how to use

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm a vaporgenie evangelist

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I finally subscribed to DMN, I guess their newsroom going union was the final push I needed.

I'll just ignore the opinion columns!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Former Houstonian here, friendly reminder that my state just legalized psilocybin mushrooms and decriminalized drugs in general while you guys can't even get loving marijuana on the ballot.

Sometimes you just have to move.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kunabomber posted:

I finally subscribed to DMN, I guess their newsroom going union was the final push I needed.

I'll just ignore the opinion columns!

Best paper in the state as far as reporting goes anyway, imo

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Manager Hoyden posted:

Yeah for real. Im old as poo poo and very lame so I don't even know how to buy weed yet I want it all the time. The only solution for people like me is legal weed please think of the old lame people

Let me have my freedoms texas my heart yearns to be free

Same. All my friends live in Louisiana and have all these contacts for dudes who get weed mailed to them or something and I'm just like "how do I do that in texas without having to find and then talk to a person."

I'm just waiting for OK or LA to fully legalize because goodness knows that'll happen long before Texas.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Friend posted:

Same. All my friends live in Louisiana and have all these contacts for dudes who get weed mailed to them or something and I'm just like "how do I do that in texas without having to find and then talk to a person."

I'm just waiting for OK or LA to fully legalize because goodness knows that'll happen long before Texas.

Just ask your friends for the dealer’s info and get weed mailed to you????

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
afaik a lot of the problem with getting weed passed here is that Abbott and Dan Patrick have both said they'd fight it as hard as they can and that kinda drains a lot of the political will for it

if they both get thrown the gently caress out we have a reasonable chance of getting it very soon after

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

God forbid you have to talk to someone

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

I am a guy who trains upper management and does audits so I look like a nerdy cop at all times. No I'm not asking anyone if I can buy weed

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

That would involve having to leave the house, so no thanks.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Is TX-24 concluded yet? It looks like it's a slim margin - are we going all the way with this?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Didn't Houston and most other cities say that the hemp legalization bill made it basically impossible for them to enforce weed laws due to making a THC test part of the evidentiary threshold?

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Elotana posted:

Didn't Houston and most other cities say that the hemp legalization bill made it basically impossible for them to enforce weed laws due to making a THC test part of the evidentiary threshold?

Yeah, anything under 4 ounces is also decriminalized in Harris county but I’ve heard the cops just try to arrest you on dui anyway (if you are not white at least).

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

I am a guy who trains upper management and does audits so I look like a nerdy cop at all times. No I'm not asking anyone if I can buy weed

I swear to you that this does not matter as much as you think it does. nobody sends undercover nerdcops on weed dealer busts. I'm a nerdy white collar computer-user that has purchased weed and nobody looked at me twice. In fact the ONLY time I've ever had anyone say anything is back when I worked as a waiter and was wearing slip-resistant shoes, and someone commented that they looked like 'cop shoes'.

Even then I bought weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/cassi_pollock/status/1324468268049010695

Thats that then