Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
yall think lyle larson loses natural resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lyle Larson should be put in the Hall of Fame for putting in the House record that Briscoe Cain doesn't have any friends.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1324495007852744705

This is shaping up to be a fine day, all things considered

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

20 years ago that might have had an impact, but today, in Trump's GOP? They don't bat an eye at sin and corruption. All that "party of values" poo poo is long gone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No but salacious details like that might draw public attention to all the other insanely illegal stuff the AG has been doing this year

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

zoux posted:

No but salacious details like that might draw public attention to all the other insanely illegal stuff the AG has been doing this year

Rs are good, Ds are bad. That's as far as the attention span allows.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

saintonan posted:

20 years ago that might have had an impact, but today, in Trump's GOP? They don't bat an eye at sin and corruption. All that "party of values" poo poo is long gone.

Maybe? The fact Bonnen stepped down after that recording, and Sen. Schwertner lost his HHSC chair after sending dick pics to a grad student, still makes me feel like the bar in Texas isn't as low as DC when the news actually reaches the public. (Still low though, and probably the same when it doesn't get media coverage.)

I do wonder what impact all this will have on Sen. Paxton's career/public image. Husband's corruption makes her look bad, but an affair makes you feel bad for her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Maybe? The fact Bonnen stepped down after that recording, and Sen. Schwertner lost his HHSC chair after sending dick pics to a grad student, still makes me feel like the bar in Texas isn't as low as DC when the news actually reaches the public. (Still low though, and probably the same when it doesn't get media coverage.)

I do wonder what impact all this will have on Sen. Paxton's career/public image. Husband's corruption makes her look bad, but an affair makes you feel bad for her.

Apparently she knew about it in 2018. She went with him to tell some close advisors about the affair because they were worried it would get out during his AG campaign. It didn't. Also he "recommitted to his marriage" which loving evangelicals loving love so I don't know how that plays with Angela and her sway in the Senate.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Captain Monkey posted:

Gummies, dabs, and oil carts exist my man.

that said, yeah probably don't fly with it. If you're having trouble finding weed, go hang out on the back patio of a bar in a hippy/hipster area and talk to the dude that smells like or is openly smoking weed.

Yeah but that isn't as funny as the image of a goon flying to CO to buy mids.

Also I think any amount of concentrate is considered a felony here.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

saintonan posted:

Rs are good, Ds are bad. That's as far as the attention span allows.

R crime is legal. That's official policy.

At least he's not molesting teenagers or attempting homicide I guess.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SlothfulCobra posted:

R crime is legal. That's official policy.

At least he's not molesting teenagers or attempting homicide I guess.

He killed a shitload of Americans by sitting on his rear end, that's homicide in a way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty much state leadership has been waiting to see how the election shakes out before they make a big deal about this. I don't think it's any coincidence this came out once it became clear Trump was likely done. His DoJ won't investigate this, Biden's will.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Sorry but I think you'll find that on Jan 21st 2021 we will find ourselves in need of Healing, and that we should Unite Together and Fix this country. We should be looking forwards to the bright American Future, not backwards to the dark past. It will be a new morning in America, and we should let bygones be bygones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No, imo Paxton will be gone by inauguration day

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is Ken Paxton being investigated by the feds at all? Or is it simply a matter of all of dude's underlings publicly accuse him of crimes, he fires them all, and everyone shrugs cos whatcha gonna do?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

zoux posted:

No, imo Paxton will be gone by inauguration day

Inshallah you will be correct.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Marxalot posted:

Sorry but I think you'll find that on Jan 21st 2021 we will find ourselves in need of Healing, and that we should Unite Together and Fix this country. We should be looking forwards to the bright American Future, not backwards to the dark past. It will be a new morning in America, and we should let bygones be bygones.

Is this the pre-redistricting speech? We will Fix this country by drawing districts to give Republicans control of the House and Unite Together to solidify control of the State Legislature!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Just bringing some levity to this thread by reposting a video from a hometown hero

https://twitter.com/DesNotDesmond/status/1266523846141673472?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/DavidLWalters/status/1324550637133189120

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I flew from Lubbock to Houston to Pensacola with molly when I was 20 and sometimes wonder how close I got to ruining my life

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not in a million years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hereby declare that Texas will never ever be a blue state, all who say otherwise are grifters

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
There's only like 300k still out according to the NYTimes tracker, not 2 million.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

I hereby declare that Texas will never ever be a blue state, all who say otherwise are grifters

hey do you want to help me lose $100 million dollars (into my bank account)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1324578495591337984

This piece of poo poo motherfucker.

The whole reason this race wasn't called Tuesday night was because of a GOP scheme on the part of the PA legislature to produce this exact result.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Everything I've seen has said that there were indeed poll watchers everywhere

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's loving lying. He's a liar.

https://twitter.com/BriscoeCain/status/1324699315915411456

Ok what's the first thing the good people of Philadelphia are going to stuff Junior here into

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

"No, we asked for tons of cocaine, not you, you little poo poo."

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

He's loving lying. He's a liar.

https://twitter.com/BriscoeCain/status/1324699315915411456

Ok what's the first thing the good people of Philadelphia are going to stuff Junior here into

That's not how any Texas lawyer that I know dresses. The Texas lawyers I know dress in $2,000 suits. That's a cartoon cowboy.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

saintonan posted:

Actually, they said, "send lawyers, guns and money, the poo poo has hit the fan".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I'd caution against making sweeping conclusions about the state of demographic voting blocs or what needs to be done in the future, we don't have all the data yet.

Except that Texas is a permanently conservative state, you can take that to the bank.

Permanently and foreverial conservatized...and loving it

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Republicans know this is over, they're just making vague half-assed Tweets in the hope of staying on Trump's good side

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

In my brain I think it's a bit of a longshot for the mail-in ballots to change very much, but everything in my body and heart wants them to.

Although even if it doesn't tip Biden over, maybe it'll do something to the local races.

saintonan posted:

Cocaine for the circumcision party.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Elotana posted:

Republicans know this is over, they're just making vague half-assed Tweets in the hope of staying on Trump's good side

They want the psychos to stay mad so they can harness that for wins in two years. They don’t give a poo poo about Trump they got everything they could have wanted out of him and were running out of excuses on why they were doing nothing to help people with him in office. Time for Biden to absorb all the blame for their poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Comrayn posted:

They want the psychos to stay mad so they can harness that for wins in two years. They don’t give a poo poo about Trump they got everything they could have wanted out of him and were running out of excuses on why they were doing nothing to help people with him in office. Time for Biden to absorb all the blame for their poo poo.

Agree

https://twitter.com/michaelshure/status/1324755033192280067

Folks, we aren't sending our best

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What the hell is he doing there? Early optics for 2022 or a 2024 run?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Zil posted:

What the hell is he doing there? Early optics for 2022 or a 2024 run?

You can't discount the possibility that he genuinely believes it was stolen or whatever just as much as they do

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

In my brain I think it's a bit of a longshot for the mail-in ballots to change very much, but everything in my body and heart wants them to.

Although even if it doesn't tip Biden over, maybe it'll do something to the local races.

Cocaine for the circumcision party.

"We said you needed to make sure we had bris cocaine you idiots!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

You can't discount the possibility that he genuinely believes it was stolen or whatever just as much as they do

He just likes attention.