Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This chapter was hilarious but talk about the least surprising reveal in history. At least now the characters are finally clued in. That dance though, I bet he practiced it every time he said his speech to himself for years hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Eggplant Squire posted:

This chapter was hilarious but talk about the least surprising reveal in history. At least now the characters are finally clued in. That dance though, I bet he practiced it every time he said his speech to himself for years hahaha.

I wonder how long he’s been carrying that hair dye remover. Dabi going full joker and enjoying it :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...oh thank god

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Well colour me surprised

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe Clark Kent was actually Clark Kent this whole time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, is the chapter already out? Anybody got a link then?

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
honestly should've done this during the high end attack, feels a little too late to a have a big impact now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dabis the best villain.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Chapter 290

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"You all bought it! Even my immediate family bought it!"

Aw, son of a bitch. drat I cannot believe it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endeavor: I don't know who this 'Touya' is, but he sounds disappointing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
YO WHAT THE gently caress WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM

:allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Endeavour / Enji Todoroki in this chapter:

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
This chapter:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I heard there was supposed to be a dance? Where is the dance?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I heard there was supposed to be a dance? Where is the dance?

The weird little gestures he's making while talking to Enji, I guess.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well it looks like we are getting the Endeavor arc capped off here. Expose Endeavor, maybe kill him, we now have 100% confirmation there was no "THAT WAS A CARGO ROBOT!" poo poo and lots of people died due to Gigantomachia's destruction. Even if the League gets away with just the group on Machia and the PLA eat poo poo- this is as big of a blow as you can deal to hero society. Dabi did something useful!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Next chapter Toga and Lizard guy also reveal they too are Endeavour's failure children

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is this the first mention that Dabi's the one who sent the bad guys from the Endeavor training arc after him?

e: That "The past never forgets" page rules

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I believe so.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i wont lie when i saw the spoilers mention dabi's dance i just kept thinking of fortnite dances and i am like 10% disappointed it wasnt one even if it would have brought down the moment

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

rannum posted:

i wont lie when i saw the spoilers mention dabi's dance i just kept thinking of fortnite dances and i am like 10% disappointed it wasnt one even if it would have brought down the moment

At least Hori didn't go the maximum ridiculous route.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We got this reveal finally, but they still haven't shown how exactly Dabi got burned. It was obviously from overusing his own quirk, but what was he doing that caused him to go overboard?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

e: That "The past never forgets" page rules

:yeah:

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Rhonne posted:

We got this reveal finally, but they still haven't shown how exactly Dabi got burned. It was obviously from overusing his own quirk, but what was he doing that caused him to go overboard?

His fire is apparently stronger than Endeavor's and he is frail like his mom.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how the reader gets their sympathy for Dabi undermined by seeing him re-traumatize his mom.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I like how the reader gets their sympathy for Dabi undermined by seeing him re-traumatize his mom.

Also openly talking about how he wanted to kill Shoto even though he never did anything did anything to Dabi.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think that's a good turn really.

Like Dabi's actions aren't justified- and adding this level of premeditation to them I think is really good. Dabi is deranged and a victim to a degree, but he literally just sat down after surviving his burns and literally decided "Okay I need to murder a whole bunch of people and blame it on Endeavor in addition to revealing his abuse, to REALLY stick the knife in." He didn't need to do that to own his dad. He intentionally used the request to recruit members as an excuse to find some people and roast them to build up a rap sheet to hang on Endeavor. That's pretty hosed up. I think the Shoto murder thoughts are probably there to just punch up the "yeah you shouldn't sympathize with Dabi too much"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Rhonne posted:

He got a bad quirk combination from the genetic mix of his dad and mom. His flames burn even hotter than Endeavour, but instead of having an increased fire/heat resistance to match the increased firepower, he likely has reduced resistance to heat and a resistance to Ice/cold from his mother. As the whole idea is that Endeavour found someone with an equally powerful ice generation quirk to his own fire specifically to make someone capable of endlessly using both, which is where Shoto will end up because he never has to worry about overheating or over cooling. Touya/Dabi instead overheats even faster, which is why he is an abandoned “failure” even with his greater flames.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

He got a bad quirk combination from the genetic mix of his dad and mom. His flames burn even hotter than Endeavour, but instead of having an increased fire/heat resistance to match the increased firepower, he likely has reduced resistance to heat and a resistance to Ice/cold from his mother. As the whole idea is that Endeavour found someone with an equally powerful ice generation quirk to his own fire specifically to make someone capable of endlessly using both, which is where Shoto will end up because he never has to worry about overheating or over cooling. Touya/Dabi instead overheats even faster, which is why he is an abandoned “failure” even with his greater flames.

I know all that, but we still haven't seen the "moment" where Toya burns himself and becomes Dabi while the rest of his family thinks he died.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
lol that flourish with the hair dye remover. Looks like his hair mostly resembles his mom's, but with uh burning tips instead of frosted tips. Makes sense, since as people are saying his body is mostly like his mom's. Seconding that I'm interested to see the actual series of events that lead to his self-immolation.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i know this is a revelation everyone saw coming and there's obviously a lot of artificial humdrum over 'oh well duh we totally saw that coming', but regardless I thought this chapter was phenomenally portrayed. you can practically feel the cathartic pent up rage and hatred dabi exuded in those scenes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I heard there was there was a side story light novel that went into the Todoroki's a bit Touya was not presented as particularly sympathetic there. He was apparently planned to still be Endeavor's successor until Shoto was born with the perfect loadout, upon which Endeavor started to ignore Touya. Touya was angry about this and tried to take solace with his mother, but resented her cause she payed more attention to Shoto as well. Which made him consider smothering Shoto

I don't know if this stuff is true, as it's hearsay from someone who apparently read it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr Subterfuge posted:

lol that flourish with the hair dye remover. Looks like his hair mostly resembles his mom's, but with uh burning tips instead of frosted tips. Makes sense, since as people are saying his body is mostly like his mom's. Seconding that I'm interested to see the actual series of events that lead to his self-immolation.

I thought his tips was just dye that had not come off.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought his tips was just dye that had not come off.

Possibly, but even if there was still some black dye hanging around that remover was way more effective than it had any right to be, so I'm assuming it just went all the way and it's all his natural color now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dabi interrupts his dance to start screaming as the dye washes out into his burn wounds.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This chapter rules, I can't wait to read it with a proper translation.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked the little panel of Spinner going "Boss, we went through so much to get her-oh god what happened to you!?"

Also Gigantomachia called Shigaraki "masters", plural, so he seems to be able to tell that All For One is in there too somehow. Or it could just be a fan-translation thing.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 7, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

I liked the little panel of Spinner going "Boss, we went through so much to get her-oh god what happened to you!?"

Also Gigantomachia called Shigaraki "masters", plural, so he seems to be able to tell that All For One is in there too somehow. Or it could just be a fan-translation thing.

Nah he mentioned earlier that there were two smells so he definitely realizes they’re both there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Rhonne posted:

Also openly talking about how he wanted to kill Shoto even though he never did anything did anything to Dabi.

Tell that to Twitter.