Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not even in V-Tamer, where Leomon survives, can Seraphimon accomplish anything and not get destroyed.

Seraphimon only exists to be owned.

I point out that Seraphimon is an unlockable evolution in the Digimon Adventure PSP game and It's about the only ultimate form that's just a straight step down. Everyone else's is basically their Perfect form but better, meanwhile Holy Angemon has maybe the second or third best attack in the game and Seraphimon... doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

I point out that Seraphimon is an unlockable evolution in the Digimon Adventure PSP game and It's about the only ultimate form that's just a straight step down. Everyone else's is basically their Perfect form but better, meanwhile Holy Angemon has maybe the second or third best attack in the game and Seraphimon... doesn't.

This is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

To be honest, I don't really see where the whole Weregarurumon thing is cursed is coming from. Did I miss anything or something?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Never really thought of myself as a Machinedramon guy but drat is that thing making me reconsider

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Reminder that Mugendramon is an infinitely cooler name than Machinedramon.

This is a joke. Think about what "mugen" means.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It's also cooler when you capitalize the Dra part of any Dramon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Nodosaur posted:

Reminder that Mugendramon is an infinitely cooler name than Machinedramon.

This is a joke. Think about what "mugen" means.

I agree both ironically and unironically.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just bought the 20th anniversary vpet, hopefully I don't have to constantly give it attention. Apparently evolving doesn't take as long on them now?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/t_features/status/1325233268053037057?s=20

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So um

https://wikimon.net/Dan_Devimon

this is a thing apparently. I'm not sure what their source is but it's...A thing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

So um

https://wikimon.net/Dan_Devimon

this is a thing apparently. I'm not sure what their source is but it's...A thing

I was expecting Street Fighter Dan in Devimon cosplay and am deeply, deeply disappointed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The episode aired in Japan already. That's the source.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I saw the preview and

It’s a total homage to Devilman.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Shout-outs to just having Moon Millenniumon in here. In case you were wondering who Omegamon's next opponent would be.

I note with some amusement this single episode did more to characterize Devimon than Adventure 99 ever bothered with. Related to that I was kicking around the idea that Dark Knightmon might be a patsy or a puppet for something else since last week, he had a weirdly mechanical voice and at one point seemed like it had to reboot to do a thing. I assumed the one behind him was Devimon, but considering Devimon did something really similar right before he evolved I think maybe Devimon himself was also someone else's puppet. Considering Dark Knightmon is running away with the portable form of classic Digimon's best known villain who never appeared in anything animated I think we have a likely culprit. Basically shout-outs to the person who said Devimon evolving to Neo Devimon didn't seem to work because Neo Devimon was a slave digimon. You got it in one I think.

Also shout-outs to Sagittarius Mode for showing up to do Funnel spam in the big battle. Also also shout-outs to the possibility of Metal Greymon going berserk because of Taichi's temporary death and evolving to Mugendramon next episode.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I have no idea where this is going and I love it. :sickos:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I really...do not know where this is going.

I'm imagining we're going to get Myotismon/Vamdemon just because he's hanging out in the extended stuff. And, you know, Adventure.

But like, where the hell is this rollercoaster going? They're pushing some very interesting story beats. I'm going to wait until Sunday before I talk about this so hopefully everyone can watch it and get up to speed but there's a lot going on here.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
For whatever it's worth, Kenji Watanabe recently posted an image of Machinedramon on his Twitter that he drew several years ago for seemingly no reason. So that may lend credence to what's expected to happen next week.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

NeoDevimon looks cool as gently caress though

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Omnicrom posted:

Shout-outs to just having Moon Millenniumon in here. In case you were wondering who Omegamon's next opponent would be.

I note with some amusement this single episode did more to characterize Devimon than Adventure 99 ever bothered with. Related to that I was kicking around the idea that Dark Knightmon might be a patsy or a puppet for something else since last week, he had a weirdly mechanical voice and at one point seemed like it had to reboot to do a thing. I assumed the one behind him was Devimon, but considering Devimon did something really similar right before he evolved I think maybe Devimon himself was also someone else's puppet. Considering Dark Knightmon is running away with the portable form of classic Digimon's best known villain who never appeared in anything animated I think we have a likely culprit. Basically shout-outs to the person who said Devimon evolving to Neo Devimon didn't seem to work because Neo Devimon was a slave digimon. You got it in one I think.

Also shout-outs to Sagittarius Mode for showing up to do Funnel spam in the big battle. Also also shout-outs to the possibility of Metal Greymon going berserk because of Taichi's temporary death and evolving to Mugendramon next episode.

This whole post makes an inordinate amount of sense based on the episode and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction they end up taking the show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have the next few eps. Titles have been translated, summaries have not been so far.
25: "Dive Into the Next Sea" (ダイブ 次なる海へ)
26: "Break Through the Sea Animal Encirclement" (突破 海獣包囲網)
27: "To a New Continent" (新大陸へ

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Uhhhh

Some people here are going to be very happy soon

Episode 24- The Final Stage, DoneDevimon
Screenplay- Sogo Masashi
Devimon looked like he had been defeated at last, but he evolves into DoneDevimon and attacks. At this time, Koushiro and the others in the real world watching on a tablet, learn that large ships are starting to go out of control in various parts of the oceans throughout the globe. Yamato and WereGarurumon attempt a vicious attack on DoneDevimon but are defeated, and Taichi is swallowed by DoneDevimon. Forgetting himself in his anger, MetalGreymon lets loose an attack with a bizarre but powerful light, endangering Takeru, who refuses to leave his fallen brother's side.

Episode 25- Dive into the Next Ocean
Screenplay- Sogo Masashi
Cloud Continent in the Digital World was a floating country! ElDoradimon falls off the brink of the continent, with Taichi and co riding on its back. Both they and ElDoradimon can do nothing and they fall towards the vast ocean below. Meanwhile in the real world, Koushiro tried to stop the ships going out of control.

Episode 26- Breakthrough! Sea Mammal Siege
Screenplay- Satou Toshiaki
After falling from Cloud Continent, Taichi's group arrives in a new region. As they make their way through the great deep, they see a wild Seadramon eat a wild Ebidramon and absorb its data to evolve into WaruSeadramon. Taichi's group is shocked by this survival of the fittest world, where the strong Digimon eat the weak. WaruSeadramon attacks them as well in order to eat them. Meanwhile, Koushiro's group in the real world form a plan to stop the ships without hurting the Zurumon. Taichi's sister, Hikari, watches them.

Episode 27- To a New Continent
Screenplay- Tomioka
Hikari suddenly appears on ElDoradimon. Taichi is surprised but Hikari is unable to explain how it happened, saying that she was summoned by someone. In the real world, the strange occurrences won't stop even though Devimon has been beaten, and a new threat emerges. A rocket that is set to launch runs into system malfunction and explodes on the premises. Black electrical discharge runs through the skies above the continent. Koushiro theorizes that the digital world is causing these issues and continues his analyzing...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is such a good show.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I think the thing I'm happiest about in those summaries is that apparently the cast are going to be riding around on Eldoradimon. I appreciate protagonists who don't look a gift giant castle turtle in the mouth.

There's also the fact that it looks like they will be staying the current course and splitting the cast into two groups of four. I'll have to see how it goes because I wouldn't like it if the real-world team are explicitly the less important ones, but that's an interesting thing that Digimon hasn't really done before. The closest is middle period Tamers once Yamaki officially became a good guy and he started doing background support for the cast. The show has, so far, been an interesting mix of previous Digimon media, and it continues to be because have the cast is slated to end up in a Tamers style Digital World and the other half look like they're doing a longform arc from Appmon.

As I said a while back one thing I appreciate of the show so far is that there is a real sense of intentionality to it. It feels like the people behind it have an understanding of the series, an idea of what they're doing, and a plan that they're following. We're still some 44 episodes from the end and Digimon has proven itself capable of irreparably botching itself with a bad ending, but I remain hopeful. If nothing else the fact we're seeing Adventure but someone has an idea of where they're going is quite fascinating as the original Digimon Adventure was basically making everything up as it went along.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm giving the Cyber Sleuth complete edition a go! It's nice so far, but they should have put Mikemon in the game so I could run 3 kitties as my team. I'm in chapter 12 right now and I feel slightly disappointed with what I'm hearing though. I'm sorry, but the digital world is crumbling and the knights are here to raise hell about it because of... a glorified, cranky VR chat room?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Caidin posted:

I'm giving the Cyber Sleuth complete edition a go! It's nice so far, but they should have put Mikemon in the game so I could run 3 kitties as my team. I'm in chapter 12 right now and I feel slightly disappointed with what I'm hearing though. I'm sorry, but the digital world is crumbling and the knights are here to raise hell about it because of... a glorified, cranky VR chat room?

Yes and no Eden’s a bit more than VR but the important thing is that it’s a bit closer to the digital world. When it crossed over with the digital world for the first time something went wrong and spawned the eaters. A number of digimon blame the humans for that

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Yes and no Eden’s a bit more than VR but the important thing is that it’s a bit closer to the digital world. When it crossed over with the digital world for the first time something went wrong and spawned the eaters. A number of digimon blame the humans for that

I see, alright then. The whole human thoughts and emotions are basically evil and creates monsters thing is a plot that sorta pisses me off when I see it and I was worried it might be happening here so I got preemptively annoyed.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Folder Continent Report. God, this thing is too cool.

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1326325143535312897?s=19

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Adventure: future ep summary spoilers I wish they’d fold the gang back together

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Caidin posted:

I see, alright then. The whole human thoughts and emotions are basically evil and creates monsters thing is a plot that sorta pisses me off when I see it and I was worried it might be happening here so I got preemptively annoyed.

The ending of the game is very far from this, dont worry!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Manticoremon is so loving great; give us more weird and monstrous virus busters.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New Digimon project got announced: Project "VB". More details on the 7th. Dare I hope for the Digimon equivalent of a modern Tamagotchi, with a larger screen and color?

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1327083802024239106

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Digimon for the Virtual Boy!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Digimon Card Game’s fourth set is coming this December, and has a Vritramon/BurningGreymon (drat you localization) card that can evolve from a Tamer card

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

The Digimon Card Game’s fourth set is coming this December, and has a Vritramon/BurningGreymon (drat you localization) card that can evolve from a Tamer card

Same for the Garmmon they also showcased.

It's honestly a clever way to do Hybrids.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Now do the same with Bio-Hybrids.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This is super cool. We got concept stuff from the Z IIs. It shows that some of the new Digimon were made with older ones in mind like Baluchimon from Tapirmon and Manticoremon from Gargoylemon (this one was neat as I hadn't made a connection between them but it makes sense).

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1327103526003109888

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Those Mimicmon concepts are super neat.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New episode spoilers.

DoneDevimon is the stuff of nightmares.

And whomever called a dark evolution into Mugendramon, I now owe you money I guess.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

And whomever called a dark evolution into Mugendramon, I now owe you money I guess.

Yo! I even called how it would happen! though not entirely why...

This episode was extremely good and Mugendramon is superior in all ways to Skull Greymon, so I'm calling this one a win over the equivalent Adventure 99 episode. And as a bonus we got to this point without character derailment that even Adventure 99 lampshaded, so it's 2 to 0 in Adventure 20's favor

And from here I have absolutely no idea where the show goes, and that's honestly kind of exhilarating. I've been waiting for the show to jump the rails for a while now and it looks like the time is nigh. Ever since kicked Takeru and Hikari down the road by making the Holy Digimon a big future deal it was clear-ish that a certain amount of the show was going to be retracing steps until the whole cast got together. We're still waiting on Hikari at least for a little while, but now that we're done with the obligatory villains from early 99 (and credit again where it's due, they actually did stuff with Devimon unlike the original and avoided restaging established fights) I have no idea where the show is going and I am completely on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Someone got Trigger in my monster cartoon and I think I like it. :sickos: