Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-10276-colosseum-announced-as-the-largest-ever-lego-set/

honestly not that excited about this one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I mean it looks cool as a display piece, but goddamn does it look like an absolute slog to build. Just hundreds of nearly identical archways...

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Not that expensive though. Didn’t people expect it to be a grand or so? Not having a scale Fiat in there is a missed opportunity though, the one they have is a tad too big. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All the same colour too. It looks incredibly boring.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gorgeous but I can't figure out what the target demographic on this is. The millenium falcon has huge pop culture reach. The only groups that are gonna care about a huge coliseum build are archaeologists or wealthy lego fans that want internet glory from posting photos of them owning the BIGGEST SET EVER.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Idk when building the Statue of Liberty it felt pretty relaxing to keep doing the same poo poo over and over. I’d still get the falcon first over the stadium though both take similar amounts of space to display I guess.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

xzzy posted:

It's gorgeous but I can't figure out what the target demographic on this is. The millenium falcon has huge pop culture reach. The only groups that are gonna care about a huge coliseum build are archaeologists or wealthy lego fans that want internet glory from posting photos of them owning the BIGGEST SET EVER.

How many "it's over 9000!" posts will there be?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Doctor posted:

All the same colour too. It looks incredibly boring.

Hey it also has some grey for the base

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Wonder if Carbohydrates missed out on his Ideas chances with his wild west theme as there are other ones out there now getting featured like this one by the guy who designed Barracuda Bay:
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/12d89baf-4f83-4fb1-b953-75f83cbbbfe7

It's a movie set, but it has a saloon and even a windmill lol.

Edit: I guess this one hit 10k a while ago so it's already part of the review process.

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 13, 2020

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Ah yes, thousands of boring beige pieces. Tower bridge has this middle section of the build where you are just slamming 1x1 beige bits together that I doubt anyone honestly felt was “fun” to build. This looks like a pure slog. If you have to queue up a season of something on Netflix while putting together a lego set that lego set arguably already failed. It still better be art when it’s finished. From the pics, this looks super dull. Missed opportunity to do the “green coliseum”.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That tan is a great color if you want to build castles. :colbert:

Maybe it's not the best idea to make a castle out of 9000 arch pieces but in general I think it's a cool color to have on hand.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

I'm just gonna throw this out there even if it's a long shot, but I want to get the Star Destroyer before it goes out of production.
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wa...ps%2C209&sr=8-2

If I could make a suggestion, the mid-scale star destroyer set was absolutely fantastic to build. It’s the perfect mix between fun build techniques, great detail and size without being tedious, displays nicely, and is super sturdy (as opposed to the same scale Venator)

It’s not even all that expensive on bricklink either, under 150 shipped for great condition. Maybe that might scratch the itch for now since you probably have awhile before the new one is retired?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I built both Lego UCS ISDs and was stupid enough to build the Monarch-MoC, and still my absolutely favourite ISD is the one from the Empire over Jedha-MoC. It doesn't even have any expensive pieces in it, and the instructions come with a stand if you don't want to build the Jedha-part (which you absolutely shouldn't, because it'll drive you really mad...like really....I'm just building it a second time as a christmas present and I am regretting this decission so much....)

Seriously, the Empire of Jedha ISD is a masterpiece, imo, and small enough to display anywhere.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18916/onecase/the-empire-over-jedha-city/#details

it's no official Lego-set, of course, just a MoC, so I assume that might turn collectors off

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zwille posted:

Not having a scale Fiat in there is a missed opportunity though, the one they have is a tad too big. :v:
How could they go much smaller then a 1x2 jumper plate with a square tile?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Actually kinda want this... that looks gorgeous.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Koramei posted:

Actually kinda want this... that looks gorgeous.

How does it have 3 times as many pieces as the Opera House? That thing is already humongous.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
"Hey George, management says we have too many tan bricks and we need to get rid of them pronto!"
"Righty-o, guv. How bout an architecture set of Colosseum?"
"Whatever, AFOLs will buy anything, just get rid of the tan."

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

OSU_Matthew posted:

If I could make a suggestion, the mid-scale star destroyer set was absolutely fantastic to build. It’s the perfect mix between fun build techniques, great detail and size without being tedious, displays nicely, and is super sturdy (as opposed to the same scale Venator)

It’s not even all that expensive on bricklink either, under 150 shipped for great condition. Maybe that might scratch the itch for now since you probably have awhile before the new one is retired?

Agreed, I had two of them at one point from one of my buy/build/sell cycles. The only thing I had was some discoloration I had to clean up or replace a few panels. Otherwise a fun build and display piece.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

uXs posted:

How does it have 3 times as many pieces as the Opera House? That thing is already humongous.

Because 75% of it is 1x1 bricks.

But hey if you ever wanted 100 brown roller skate pieces, this is the set for you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was looking at the Lego nov 21/22 deals and realized that isn't even Black Friday. I wonder if they just moved the stuff up a week, or if there will be other deals announced later.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I was looking at the Lego nov 21/22 deals and realized that isn't even Black Friday. I wonder if they just moved the stuff up a week, or if there will be other deals announced later.

Oh you're right. Weird.

The original? calander suggested there would be black friday stuff:

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Is the ECTO-1 release Sunday VIP only?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if I can snag the Ecto on VIP weekend to get the Christmas Carol thing. The GF is an ultra bookworm and would love to have that set. Maybe I can call the store on the 20th and ask to reserve 1 so I can pick it up on the 21st.
Online is probably going to be a shitshow.

Otherwise I might have to pay the 30 bucks it will cost on ebay.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hopper posted:

I wonder if I can snag the Ecto on VIP weekend to get the Christmas Carol thing. The GF is an ultra bookworm and would love to have that set. Maybe I can call the store on the 20th and ask to reserve 1 so I can pick it up on the 21st.
Online is probably going to be a shitshow.

Otherwise I might have to pay the 30 bucks it will cost on ebay.

You could probably get it in store. Online it will probably be sold out by then. I was thinking the same thing about buying it on ebay, I think it will be $50 or more, though. It's a biggish set. It's not a $100 GWP due to its size.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I'll try that then, the store has always been extremely helpful and people don't really swarm the store.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Dickens set is really cool imo.

Also I really don’t get why the Teal Brick is a $200 GWP but the Dickens set only $150? The buildable bricks are lame as hell.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Me and my wife spent our honeymoon in Rome, so the colosseum is actually pretty much a must-buy for both of us.

(My next SHIPTember project is also likely to be tan as a primary colour, so having a bunch more styles of bricks in production for that makes me happy)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Wait the coliseum DOES have cars lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zwille posted:

Wait the coliseum DOES have cars lol

Oh I thought you were just saying they were too big lol.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My finger tips hurt just looking at the Colosseum

Olpainless posted:

Me and my wife spent our honeymoon in Rome, so the colosseum is actually pretty much a must-buy for both of us.

I could see it being a fun couples project with all of the likely repetition easy to part out pieces etc.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

Oh I thought you were just saying they were too big lol.

No, I was joking and only understood your post after I checked out the pictures closer :v: That rules but I just don’t have the space. And money after I blow it on the Ecto and the Batmobile. I was lukewarm on the Ecto but assembling the Statue of Liberty did tickle something. I haven’t even built the batwing and the camper yet, never thought I’d have a loving Lego backlog.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Earth posted:

Will you make sure to post here again before you start? There's usually about 10-20 posts a day in here and I will forget by Friday.
Sure, here's a 3 hour warning!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Is the nebulon still going live tonight? Haven't found it on the site yet.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Captain Duvel posted:

Is the nebulon still going live tonight? Haven't found it on the site yet.
Man I feel like I saw a release date explicitly mentioned on one of the big blogs, like Brickset maybe, but I can't find it anymore. Maybe it got pulled? Weird.

edit: brickfanatics still has their post saying 11/14 so yeah? The actual listing won't appear until it's available for purchase, though. Here's a link to an Amazon search for the correct set number if you're looking for something to mash F4 on. https://amzn.to/34SLrqT

10 mins out on the stream btw see you nerds there

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Good stream, carbs. Would tune in next time to see more.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
The Nebulon-B Frigate is now live on Lego's site: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

^^^yeah, what he said!^^^

Nebulon B is up!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 14, 2020

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Placed!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
AAAAAAA I can't ship to AU from lego US and its not on AU lego and it's not on amazon aaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spookydonut posted:

AAAAAAA I can't ship to AU from lego US and its not on AU lego and it's not on amazon aaaaa

Same problem in Canada.