Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

mediaphage posted:

perfection
peak conure

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Haven't been in this thread in a while, but here are these dopey friends. She can't stop preening him.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

artichoke posted:

Haven't been in this thread in a while, but here are these dopey friends. She can't stop preening him.

Budgies are totally fearless, it is their strength and their weakness.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

artichoke posted:

WAIT have we seen this senegal before???!

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

Gravy Boat 2k

Potato Salad posted:

WAIT have we seen this senegal before???!

Oh yeah. Max is almost 14 now. The new boodge is absolutely fearless. She won him over in about a day. He loves her but he's a very selfish lover.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

i can't believe I forgot about max

what a year

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

artichoke posted:

This is the best

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

This is the best

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I remember seeing a parrot meetup video and yeah the budgies present were running right up to the macaws. I think their sense of scale is busted.

If budgies were as big as they thought themselves to be, Australia would be kaiju central instead of Tokyo.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Of my two, Rain is pretty brave. She is almost sitting on us now and will eat millet out of our hand. Bow, however, is a little coward. He hides behind Rain.

They are flying to the table to eat millet, which is more than we ever managed with our poor last bird, and we had her almost three years. Then again, she was 2 and from a bad home before us (and a cockatiel) while they are 6 month old budgies who were handled every day from birth. So not really a fair comparison.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

If budgies were as big as they thought themselves to be, Australia would be kaiju central instead of Tokyo.

this is how I want to die

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

this is how I want to die

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
https://i.imgur.com/8fvE69B.mp4

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

looooooooooooool oh my god

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

Gravy Boat 2k

My budgie's name is Sydney, actually.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

When I was in primary school, for a writing competition I wrote a story about how a family of human-sized budgies accidentally opened a portal to hell in their living room. Wish I had a copy somewhere.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I've always wanted to write a sci fi absurdist short story titled, "Quantum Ducks."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Log posted:

I've always wanted to write a sci fi absurdist short story titled, "Quantum Ducks."

Quark quark

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

:golfclap:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

hi bird

BIRD NO THAT IS NOT A PLACE FOR YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
After a weird evening due to power outages, both birds chilling with me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

:3:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_PtbH31yBU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There are two kinds of birds in the world in my apartment

1. Good perfect peppers, who cuddle in my lap and blow anxious kisses even while I'm clipping their wings

2. Evil beans who bite out a chunk of my finger because they don't want the treat I am offering WHAT THE gently caress AMADEUS

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

There are two kinds of birds in the world in my apartment

1. Good perfect peppers, who cuddle in my lap and blow anxious kisses even while I'm clipping their wings

2. Evil beans who bite out a chunk of my finger because they don't want the treat I am offering WHAT THE gently caress AMADEUS

:(

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

pookie is beautiful and perfect

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

pookie is beautiful and perfect

You've confused me with forums user Pookah.

This is Hannah, the other honorary African Grey Goon.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am home: Good news my gf is freeeeeeee from bad abusive housemate, bad news his birds are not. Loki the green eclectus adores me and I didn't even get to say goodbye to him

He was obsessed with kisses and me and would leave whoever he was with if i was in the room and d e m a n d kiss

This Evee, she's very negelcted by that dude and really bitey and when she bites she does not let go, but she was slowly warming up to me. She was horny as heck too and would dance and honk at me for uhhhhhhh

Bonus very good cat who has since passed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

What lovely friends. Do you think you’ll be able to take the birds soon? I hope so.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't find Bobby and Shmi pics :(. Now that she's out of there though, it's just a matter of getting our own place and then I can get my own birds back (the ones in the videos I posted)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Those are gorgeous ekkies, I am so glad you and your gf are okay but big, big hugs (if you want them) for needing to go without your friends. So much sympathy :( I hope you get Bobby and Shmi back soon, I know those names and I am sure they will be glad to see you again regardless of the time apart :h:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyE-ezPHU4g

This video is a poweful anxiolytic for me. She has such a sweet voice. :3:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well. well, just. gosh.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Plant MONSTER. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyE-ezPHU4g

This video is a poweful anxiolytic for me. She has such a sweet voice. :3:

Every Amazon I've heard speak/sing has had a sweet old lady voice. Probably because sweet old ladies tend to be the ones who own Amazons. Kind of a sharp contrast to most parrots though who have muffled/robotic-sounding voices regardless of who they're mimicking.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnP7dk-M-XQ

This was in recommended videos and I'm in love

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Haha i just watched that one this morning

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Organza Quiz posted:

I needed this bird thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/RipleyParrot/status/1329099295379877890