Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Valentine always seems ambiguously placed on power rankings because you can't tell if the ranker means Valentine on their own or Valentine manipulating Lucy's ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

the real question is whether they mean fat Valentine or buff Valentine

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

naruto power discussions are just a countdown until someone says nobody can beat itachi because magic eye puzzle

now i said it, martyring myself, and we can be free

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Patware posted:

naruto power discussions are just a countdown until someone says nobody can beat itachi because magic eye puzzle

now i said it, martyring myself, and we can be free
But what if you blind him first or vaporize him?
or kick Kishimoto in the balls?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we can be free.

i have taken the napkin.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Patware posted:

we can be free.

i have taken the napkin.

wonderful av/post balance here

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Patware posted:

magic eye puzzle

What exactly is going on in Naruto? Why is magic eye imagery involved?

(Full disclosure, I think I basically managed to skip Naruto’s cultural relevance entirely during the long stretch of time I stopped watching anime, so all I know is that it’s about gay ninjas who, at the last moment, get married to women and have babies for the sequel series and also punch each other. Do I have that right?)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

every word i say about naruto is a word of 《Justice》.

naruto's wack (except shikamaru) and jojo is cool

EDIT: Don't jutsu him...?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want the napkin, tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Patware posted:

every word i say about naruto is a word of 《Justice》.

naruto's wack (except shikamaru) and jojo is cool

EDIT: Don't jutsu him...?

Truly Rock Lee is the most powerful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yeah but instead of naruto vs valentine how about kuwabara enters to morioh to bro out with the lads???

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

rko posted:

What exactly is going on in Naruto? Why is magic eye imagery involved?
Certain clans have powers born into them through the eyes. One clan can see in an almost 360 circle around them. The Sharingan was simple at first, allowing one to predict and copy enemy abilities. And there was even a big weakness in it where if you were too slow, it didn't matter if you could predict the moves or not, you could just get blitzed. The author decided the Sharingan users, the Uchihas, had to be the best thing ever and kept pouring out ability after ability on the Sharingan such as:

Ability to spew magical and ever-burning black flames, ability to open small black holes, ability to teleport and traverse dimensions, ability to (at the cost of an eye) rewrite an event. Got stabbed in the gut? At the cost of one eye, you can just pretend like it never happened. And also another Sharingan ability that lets the user trap their opponent in an infinite timeloop in their heads or something.

Wish I was making that all up. I'm not even sure if I got all of the abilities listed. Yes, I'm still mad over Naruto's poo poo writing and Uchiha-wanking.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 31, 2020

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You forgot the one that lets you become a ghostly samurai gundam

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Apparently the main reason Naruto bothered to save Sasuke no matter what (besides editor Uchiha-Wankfests) was because Kishimoto wanted to make amends with his estranged brother. Beating him into a forced friendship is apparently what the author wanted to do with his brother all along. Glad Jump axed his new poo poo.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
the sharingan is balanced (not like it actually matters cause it’s fiction and not a game) despite having all those abilities cause overuse of them literally kills your eyes so it leads to clan infighting over available eyes. also to get all the cool eye powers you have to experience a big tragic event involving someone close to you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1320228529179688960?s=20

:sickos:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yesss

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Someone didn't take the napkin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr Stand, [FOUR SEASONS [Landscaping]] failed me?!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr Stand, [FOUR SEASONS [Landscaping]] failed me?!

It was weakened by the presence of [FANTASY ISLAND]

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

「Baby Elephant Walk」

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/bluedelliquanti/status/1095535532824645633

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

New chapter is on MangaDex

Araki, it turns out, doesn't forget

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 18, 2020

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

before this I thought my question of what would happen if born this way chased the calamity was going to remain unanswered

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sickos:

Also keep getting hosed Joshuu

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I have no loving idea - at all - what's going on in this entire part. Is it more gibberish than normal? This is also the only part I've followed serially rather than archivally, so maybe it's that?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Finally we will be able to answer the question of who is stronger an 89 year old man or a biker.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm sad we didn't get to see Small Paisley Park :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dog Kisser posted:

I have no loving idea - at all - what's going on in this entire part. Is it more gibberish than normal? This is also the only part I've followed serially rather than archivally, so maybe it's that?

it's about preventing a fuckboy made of rock from enabling the rich to eat teen blood for immortality

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For those of you playing along at home:

Gappy - has learned that his bubbles are really just [spinning] super fast
Rai - probably dying from a hole in his chest, as per tradition
Tooru - still a fuckboy
Norisuke - probably dead
Jobin - got owned by a can of WD-40
Joshu - lost his jerkin' hand, about to lose a lot more
Kyo Kei - exists! will save the day
Yasuho - spent about a year drowning in the driveway, is now pissed and calling in the big guns, was not ready for today
Caato - sippin' margaritas in her underwear while her family gets annhilated

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

WARNING

bee

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

New chapter is on MangaDex

Araki, it turns out, doesn't forget

Assuming it's not a translation error, he totally forgot their first name!!!

But yeah, the ultimate in gently caress you would be for Yasuho to do naughty things with Josuke with Joshu's hand so that's what I want to happen in the ending.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Assuming it's not a translation error, he totally forgot their first name!!!

But yeah, the ultimate in gently caress you would be for Yasuho to do naughty things with Josuke with Joshu's hand so that's what I want to happen in the ending.

Actually I’m pretty sure this is the first time we learned her real name! Kyo Nijimura is her alias, but now we know her actual name is Kei Kira.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Actually I’m pretty sure this is the first time we learned her real name! Kyo Nijimura is her alias, but now we know her actual name is Kei Kira.

It really hit me how disconnected I am with parts of this story since I didn't know if that was a reveal or not lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So why is it saved as Kei in Joshu's phone?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Joshuu never bothered to learn her "Kyo" name, and entered the wrong name into his phone. By coincidence, it's the same as her real name.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1329154034368962563

there it is.
Kyo was an error.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Just one big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh
Nevermind then.