Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

my sweet sons

good kitties

Shard posted:

Got a letter from my old roofer threatening to sue me. Fun times.

What is the basis for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

my sweet sons

these are some adorable fellas. please administer plenty of pets and skritches to them, although I doubt you need to be asked to give love to these little sweet peas :3:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Croc posted:

good kitties

What is the basis for this?

Basically they say since I broke my contract by going with a different roofer I owe them money. From everything I read and everything I've been told they don't have a leg to stand on. I am going to have my lawyer get in touch with them to see if they will just go away.

I decided to go with a different roofer after the original ones ghosted me twice and then showed up at my house at night with three men to see how I was feeling. They then told me to let them overnight the insurance checks to my mortgage company to get endorsed and sent back to me. Turns out they didnt over night them for three weeks and never told me. After trying to get in touch with them three times and no answer I had the checks voided and my insurance sent them again. In the time since I was able to get a new roofer and the job is done and they aren't hitting me for money they are telling me to get it all together first and are working with me really well.

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 27, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hell yea thanks for complimenting my boys, Eat and Fuc. Eat is a Manx so he has no tail and acts like a dang puppy dog. They both love to cuddle each other and me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They're good cats, EMF.

The Last Waltz is such a great loving movie. The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down, The Weight, Neil Young's rotoscoped coke booger, depending on my mood I'll say this is the best concert movie.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve been reading the Bad Religion autobiography which also means I’ve been re-listening to all their stuff chronologically. In my honest opinion, it’s good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
good religion

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/gEl1xSPyOwA

good religion

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the best punk book I've read is the Joe Strummer one, Redemption Song

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Trouble Boys about the Replacements is fantastic as well.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the best punk book I've read is the Joe Strummer one, Redemption Song

That one was great. I didn’t really grow up a NOFX fan but their book is absolutely nuts.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone else read "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk Rock?" I loved it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have not read a punk rock book yet, I'm sorry. I like punk, and I like books about music. Read Mayor of MacDougle Street by Dave Van Ronk if you want some fun early 60s Greenwich Village folk scene stories.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone else read "Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk Rock?" I loved it.

Yeah that was great! Not a book, but I also have fond memories of the summer I watched a documentary on The Ramones about 20 times.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I have not read a punk rock book yet, I'm sorry. I like punk, and I like books about music. Read Mayor of MacDougle Street by Dave Van Ronk if you want some fun early 60s Greenwich Village folk scene stories.

I might just do this.

I also need to give Phil Ochs a look musically

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I might just do this.

The best I love him. One of the most biting lefty voices of the 60 counterculture scene. Heartbreaking life story towards the end.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My contribution to punk books is Our Band Could Be Your Life which is kind of punk adjacent at least. It's about '80s underground rock bands from Black Flag and Minutemen to Mudhoney and Dinosaur Jr. Covers 13 bands in total and if you've any interest in that sort of thing it's great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

My contribution to punk books is Our Band Could Be Your Life which is kind of punk adjacent at least. It's about '80s underground rock bands from Black Flag and Minutemen to Mudhoney and Dinosaur Jr. Covers 13 bands in total and if you've any interest in that sort of thing it's great.

Great loving book, good lookin' out

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I might just do this.

Maybe the best songwriter of the 60s, which is saying something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB4xpqNSYpk

EDIT: For music books, Choosing Death is a cool and exhaustive look at the early days of death metal and grindcore, and Evolution of the Cult is a good historicl primer on the early days of black metal. If you want a more salacious-to-the-point-it's-almost-fictious true crime type music book, Lords of Chaos is a fun read. Sorry I don't know anything about punk music.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 28, 2020

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think I read a bit about the yakuza series in this thread. I started playing yakuza zero tonight. I got about an hour in, paused a cutscene so I could get a snack, and it crashed while I was away. Found out that it hadn't saved at all and I would have to restart it.

I'll go back to it eventually but that was too much for me at the moment.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

mariooncrack posted:

I think I read a bit about the yakuza series in this thread. I started playing yakuza zero tonight. I got about an hour in, paused a cutscene so I could get a snack, and it crashed while I was away. Found out that it hadn't saved at all and I would have to restart it.

I'll go back to it eventually but that was too much for me at the moment.
I don't remember which one I was playing but if you're on PC you have to edit an ini to enable 'save anywhere'. Otherwise saving was some process I didn't encounter.

I didn't do that, after 45 minutes still hadn't reached a save spot and thought gently caress it this just isn't that interesting before uninstalling it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't remember which one I was playing but if you're on PC you have to edit an ini to enable 'save anywhere'. Otherwise saving was some process I didn't encounter.

I didn't do that, after 45 minutes still hadn't reached a save spot and thought gently caress it this just isn't that interesting before uninstalling it

I think you save in...phone booths? But maybe you have to get through a little bit of intro before you can roam around and use one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Zero made you save in phone booths, it was some holdover from the original console version I think? The PC Version just needed a simple ini edit and you could save from the main menu without issue.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Should I become a knife guy? Like a guy who has cool knives? Should I get into blade sports? Everyone I see in blade sport videos is a fat dumpy idiot so I'd fit right in.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This could so easily be me

https://youtu.be/qUB7Yc2ppNo

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Just don't be this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk59imFr6yI

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I was so sure that second dude is gonna hurt himself somehow.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This guy is a badass. This is what bushido is all about....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cigar guy and knife guy are mortal enemies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

2021 is the year I take up cigarettes and cigars, I will be more powerful than ever

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I had a friend big into martial arts and learned a little bit about philipino knife and stick fighting because I got dragged to classes he wanted to take.

He would watch the movie The Hunted on repeat when drunk.

Mostly I remember from the classes that if you cut someone’s top forearm tendons they will be unable to hold a grip and if you cut their bottom forearm muscles they’ll be unable to stop making a fist. Pretty gnarly. Maybe it was the other way around.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Captain Magic posted:

Mostly I remember from the classes that if you cut someone’s top forearm tendons they will be unable to hold a grip and if you cut their bottom forearm muscles they’ll be unable to stop making a fist. Pretty gnarly. Maybe it was the other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWb71QCkVE

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yakuza 5 is so sick

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

yea ok posted:

yakuza 5 is so sick

Still the best one.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, sick....makes me sick!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I Before E posted:

Still the best one.

i still think 0 is the best probably but i'm only in kiryu's part (nearly done with it). the advancements from 4->5 are really bonkers though. a true step up! thank you sega

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m having so much fun with Yakuza 0 that I already bought Kiwami even though I’m a ways off from finishing the game. It was 6€ on PSN. I will play it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

yea ok posted:

i still think 0 is the best probably but i'm only in kiryu's part (nearly done with it). the advancements from 4->5 are really bonkers though. a true step up! thank you sega

It's a neck and neck race, to be sure, but I'm a big Saejima head and his part in 5 is fantastic.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the best yakuza is the original yakuza 1 bc it features mark hamills best va work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Eat My Fuc posted:

my sweet sons

Those are great cats.