Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Good news! The crate to outside and back technique worked on Llewyn on the fourth trip outside. My partner theorized that he was nervous and could use a familiar toy, so we brought out his squeeky sea horse and he peed within seconds. He got half a hotdog in medallions and a whole lot of praise, then we took him to the dog run where he also pooped outside for the first time. I was very worried that he would prefer peeing in the crate rather than suffer the indignity of going outside, but he made the right choice. Thank you for the advice, I don't think the war is over by any means but we won the battle and have a foundation for further training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

My almost-5-month-old rhodesian pup has basically had diarrhea for a week. She still is full of energy, eats her food, drinks her water, but drat. Mornings usually start out OK with mostly-solid poops, but by the end of the day, it gets rough. The vet gave some anti-diarrhea meds, but not sure they're working (though her poops have firmed up a bit).

Is it time for pumpkin?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Omne posted:

My almost-5-month-old rhodesian pup has basically had diarrhea for a week. She still is full of energy, eats her food, drinks her water, but drat. Mornings usually start out OK with mostly-solid poops, but by the end of the day, it gets rough. The vet gave some anti-diarrhea meds, but not sure they're working (though her poops have firmed up a bit).

Is it time for pumpkin?

Pumpkin works well for us! We freeze the puree in a silicone ice cube tray and add it to Chamomile's morning and evening meals. It definitely helps the consistency of her poops.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Well looks like our rescue can be reactive. He seems to be suspicious of men in particular. Out walking some guys may try to pet him, reaching out their hands, and he will just dramatically dive away.

My wife took him into her small office and he made fast friends with another woman there who just pets his belly all day. However, he's terrified of her male boss. Growling with his ruff up from behind the desk. He's a big dog guy and is taking it in stride but I'm worried. He managed to feed him a treat and my dog army crawled to get it, growling the whole time, and army crawled away. At the end of the day he got warning nipped.

What do you do about this?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Goodpancakes posted:

Well looks like our rescue can be reactive. He seems to be suspicious of men in particular. Out walking some guys may try to pet him, reaching out their hands, and he will just dramatically dive away.

My wife took him into her small office and he made fast friends with another woman there who just pets his belly all day. However, he's terrified of her male boss. Growling with his ruff up from behind the desk. He's a big dog guy and is taking it in stride but I'm worried. He managed to feed him a treat and my dog army crawled to get it, growling the whole time, and army crawled away. At the end of the day he got warning nipped.

What do you do about this?

Don't make your dog take treats from people he finds scary. I know it seems like it would help but as you saw it can often backfire because they aren't changing their feelings they are just being bribed to get closer than they feel comfortable.

If you like online classes the reactive dog class on fenzi academy online is running starting in December and it’s a great value. You can apply for a scholarship (you just say that you need a scholarship, you don't provide any financial or personal details) and it only costs $32.50
https://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/index.php/courses/84

If you like books Behavior Adjustment Training or B.A.T. 2.0 by Grisha Stewart and Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt are my favorites. They really helped my reactive dog.

On youtube you can find a bunch of Sophia Yin videos as well as control unleashed pattern games/look at that and BAT stuff for free. Avoid people who call themselves balanced dog trainers or anyone who mentions Cesar Milan being great. Reactivity is really not something that should be worked on with corrections.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?Grishastewart1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdraNF2hcgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eULj1GOH0-A&t=75s

Since he's already growling and snapping finding a positive only trainer to help you in person would be the best bet. Many places are doing lessons over zoom or can set up safe one on one lessons if you're in a covid hot zone.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Quorum posted:

Pumpkin works well for us! We freeze the puree in a silicone ice cube tray and add it to Chamomile's morning and evening meals. It definitely helps the consistency of her poops.

Thanks. We are in day nine of liquid poops. She has plenty of energy and stuff, but by the time it gets dark, it gets rough. She was up at 10:30, 11:45, 12:40, and 4:15 this morning pooping (and one vomit, first time for that in a week). My wife gave her some pumpkin puree for breakfast this morning, we'll monitor her and see if it helps firm things up. We've also called the vet again to see if there's something else we should do.

I assume we should be mixing the pumpkin with her regular food? Pretty sure this morning it was just pumpkin

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Omne posted:

Thanks. We are in day nine of liquid poops. She has plenty of energy and stuff, but by the time it gets dark, it gets rough. She was up at 10:30, 11:45, 12:40, and 4:15 this morning pooping (and one vomit, first time for that in a week). My wife gave her some pumpkin puree for breakfast this morning, we'll monitor her and see if it helps firm things up. We've also called the vet again to see if there's something else we should do.

I assume we should be mixing the pumpkin with her regular food? Pretty sure this morning it was just pumpkin

Your mileage may vary, our pup loves the pumpkin and will happily scarf a pumpsicle just as a snack, but we plop it in with her meals for simplicity's sake.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Omne posted:

Yes. Make sure its 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. Pie filling will have added ingredients or spices that might not help the situation. Pure pumpkin, carrots or sweet potatoes are fantastic for improving your dogs stool. If you don't want to do cans of puree all the time, they actually make dried pellets that you let soak in water for a minute to reconstitute and then add to their food. We add it to our dogs daily meals just to keep him regular.

This stuff. They make carrots, beets, sweet potatoes etc.
https://www.chewy.com/olewo-digesti...7MaAteyEALw_wcB

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

My dog is 1 year old husky/akita cross and he has somewhat annoying making GBS threads habits. He's well toilet trained, he asks to go outside, very rarely does anything indoors. Since we toilet trained him we refer to it as going for a wee, when he does it we say "good wee" and he gets a treat when he comes back inside.

The problems come when he needs a poo poo and they are twofold:

1. He seems to be hesitant. He'll be walking round farting with increasing potency, so we know what's afoot, but then when we get outside he often has a piss and then wants to go back in. Then not long after, he'll be asking to go out again - again, he might just have a small piss and come back inside, repeating this 1-4 times in total. He knows he needs a poo poo and we know he needs a poo poo, he's not fooling anyone. Following this, there'll be an occasion where he has to do 10+ laps of the yard before he'll commit. I get you need to find the perfect spot, I have some patience for that, but doing this in the pouring rain (we can't be under shelter when this is happening) isn't the most convenient. We do tell him "good wee" when he finally has a poo poo (decided to standardise on one word for both functions, tell me if this is an error).

2. He always wants me to take him for a poo poo over my partner! I'm working from home and she's on furlough so she's in the living room near the front door and I'm in the office, further away - yet he'll come and try and get me to take him, having not let her know he needs to go outside. Twice today I've had him pacing outside the door and crying whilst I've been on calls when she's been near the front door, happy to take him outside if only he'd ask her. He'll ask her when he needs a piss, but he saves all his turds for me.

So - does anyone have any tips on how to encourage him to speed up his commitment when he needs a poo poo, and how to have him ask my partner a bit more? It's not like I want to palm it all off on her, but when I'm working it's much more practical for her to take him out.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Terrible foster story, redacted

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 22, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It can be overwhelming for sure, I had a foster in for a week who came from a shelter so naturally pissed and poo poo everywhere constantly, and also had kennel cough so I had to hold my own dog at the vets for the time he was here. I spent the weekend after he left cleaning the house and being proud of getting the place looking nice, just to get a call that another dog needed picking up from the pound. This guy was incontinent and smelled so bad I had to open every window in the car coming home and it just broke me. I can only imagine how hard it is right now when we have to keep our usual support networks at distance, I hope it works out for you.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

FWIW I don't think you're an rear end in a top hat. In over your head, maybe, but not an rear end in a top hat. You clearly had noble intentions and aren't getting the support you should rightfully expect in this process. I really hope it works out for you, but I also hope you aren't too hard on yourself for how it's gone.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That shelter did not do its due diligence in making sure that a) you were aware of what the dog's requirements were, and b) you were willing to accept that level of needed care. There's no shame in saying "this isn't working out, it needs to be not my problem any more." To be honest it sounds like you got just about as hard of a dog to deal with as it's possible to get -- completely untrained, unused to human interaction, and with incredibly high energy that it doesn't know how to deal with. This would be a challenge even for a seasoned adopter, let alone someone who was expecting to get a cat.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Thank you, sorry. I was just really frustrated last night. She'll be fine until tomorrow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My brothers 8yo Rottweiler almost killed one of my cats when we first introduced them tonight. And we’re at a bit of a crossroads on what to do. He bought a baby gate to separate but I feel either the dog will bust thru or my cats will jump over and then get killed.

I’m building a house and it won’t be ready till late February. My only other option is moving the two cats to my wife’s dads house and staying in their (large and finished) basement. I wish they could have gotten along but it’s too risky. Her dad has two cats which is why we have to keep them to the basement as they wouldn’t get along either.

I wish my house was ready sooner or something. :(

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

So my has a lot less interest in his meals. He's fed kibble several times a day. Whenever I feed him now, he usually just sniff at the bowl and walk away, almost seeming like he wants to distance himself from it. If I hide it around the house, he's more interested, but this has also started to falter lately. I try to remove the food after about 15 minutes, and then waiting at least 3 hours before reintroducing it. These last few days he has eaten around a third of what he usually does.

He is about 8 monts old. He otherwise seems energetic and healthy. Suspecting he might just be picky, I've greatly reduced the amount of treats he gets (though he never got silly amounts) so this also hampers the training sessions, where he has less to motivate him. Though treats too seemed to be less interesting lately. His stool seems pretty normal also. I've also tried cleaning all of his bowls, opening a fresh pack of kibble, putting the bowl in different places, without much help. If I serve the kibble in hot water, he's somewhat more interested, but I really want him comfortable with normal kibble as well.

I know he's around the age where he eats less, but surely he should be somewhat interested? Might this be something that will pass over time? Any other tips?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

uncle blog posted:

So my has a lot less interest in his meals. He's fed kibble several times a day. Whenever I feed him now, he usually just sniff at the bowl and walk away, almost seeming like he wants to distance himself from it. If I hide it around the house, he's more interested, but this has also started to falter lately. I try to remove the food after about 15 minutes, and then waiting at least 3 hours before reintroducing it. These last few days he has eaten around a third of what he usually does.

He is about 8 monts old. He otherwise seems energetic and healthy. Suspecting he might just be picky, I've greatly reduced the amount of treats he gets (though he never got silly amounts) so this also hampers the training sessions, where he has less to motivate him. Though treats too seemed to be less interesting lately. His stool seems pretty normal also. I've also tried cleaning all of his bowls, opening a fresh pack of kibble, putting the bowl in different places, without much help. If I serve the kibble in hot water, he's somewhat more interested, but I really want him comfortable with normal kibble as well.

I know he's around the age where he eats less, but surely he should be somewhat interested? Might this be something that will pass over time? Any other tips?

this post tells us nothing about the dog other than he's 8 months old.

Here's what you can do to help us help you:

-pictures of the dog from the top and on the side
-what you're feeding
-how much the dog currently weighs
-how much you're feeding per day

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 24, 2020

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

He's a maltese/chinese crested mix. The last weighings put him between 7 and 7.3 kg. He's fed 110 grams Purina ProPlan Sensitive Puppy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Your puppy is on the fat side. Maltese weigh 8 pounds. Chinese crested weigh about 12 or so. So there's definitely a bigger dog in there, but he's weighty and simply likely does not need that much food. His body pictures show a pudgy boy, though not one I'd want to shave too much off of.

I dug around and you're feeding him about 1 cup of dog food per the back of the bag at 110g. That's how much he gets all day, right? because that's his total suggested amount.

I'd probably cut him back to 70-80g for a few days and see if he's still interested and, obviously, bring up anything new that happens with him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This isn’t the bird thread oops.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 26, 2020

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The 1.5-year-old pup I'm fostering has developed an annoying habit of intensely staring at me when I work on the computer (which is most of the day).

He either sits or lies on the carpet next to me, and just... stares at me. If I shift in my chair, or stretch, or do anything similar, he immediately lifts his head or bolts upright and starts to get excited, thinking it's time to play or go outside. He does occasionally nap, but same thing there: the moment he hears my computer chair creak, he wakes up instantly and looks over to see if I'm getting up from my chair. He has even figured out that me putting on my slippers is a precondition to me getting up, and even subtle movement of my feet will draw his attention to them. It's honestly pretty weird!

Fortunately, he understands and obeys the "stay" command so he doesn't follow me if I have to get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom, but the rest of the time he has this overwhelming sense of expectation that I'm finding very annoying and distracting.

Is there something I can do to break the habit? I know dogs look at humans for a lot of reasons (showing affection, an actual need such as hunger etc.) but I don't think it's anything like that here.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Sorry buddy, welcome to life with the most happy, passive-aggressive, "you spend too much time at your computer" surveillance device known to man.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Slow News Day posted:

The 1.5-year-old pup I'm fostering has developed an annoying habit of intensely staring at me when I work on the computer (which is most of the day).

He either sits or lies on the carpet next to me, and just... stares at me. If I shift in my chair, or stretch, or do anything similar, he immediately lifts his head or bolts upright and starts to get excited, thinking it's time to play or go outside. He does occasionally nap, but same thing there: the moment he hears my computer chair creak, he wakes up instantly and looks over to see if I'm getting up from my chair. He has even figured out that me putting on my slippers is a precondition to me getting up, and even subtle movement of my feet will draw his attention to them. It's honestly pretty weird!

Fortunately, he understands and obeys the "stay" command so he doesn't follow me if I have to get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom, but the rest of the time he has this overwhelming sense of expectation that I'm finding very annoying and distracting.

Is there something I can do to break the habit? I know dogs look at humans for a lot of reasons (showing affection, an actual need such as hunger etc.) but I don't think it's anything like that here.

You have a herding dog, this is just what they do. You can give him a chew or something to work on or put him away somewhere but otherwise just get used to him trying to psychically communicate with you through staring. At this point I barely even notice the eyes burning holes through my laptop screen unless they are accompanied by the extremely quiet but high-pitched whines that often come with the staring.

No offense but with every post you seem really fairly unhappy with this foster dog. He doesn't seem like a great fit for you and I'm wondering if you have talked to whatever rescue organization about maybe switching things up for you? Don't get me wrong, you seem like you're doing a fine job it just doesn't seem like you're really enjoying him. People tend to really like cattle dogs or just don't click with them at all.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Slow News Day posted:

Yeah I’m gonna echo what the other guy said and it just sounds like you aren’t with a compatible dog. As much as I hate returning a dog into the “system” you’ve got yourself a herding breed that just doesn’t fit into your lifestyle. I’ve got an Aussie mix that I love dearly but my other two dogs are chiller breeds because no way could I deal with more than one shepherd without a farm or something. Your dog isn’t doing anything out of the ordinary that it can really be trained out of.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've definitely realized we aren't a good fit over the long term. Things aren't at a point where I absolutely want to get rid of him ASAP or anything like that — things have actually improved a lot as we've gotten to know and understand each other since I started to foster him back in August. But I've been slowly compiling photos and videos for the shelter's foster website where potential adopters can browse through dogs that are available for adoption. I do get the occasional email from a potential adopter, but they have so far ended up being not good fits for this guy (e.g. the person lives in a small apartment, they have other pets, they aren't at home most of the day, etc.) so I'm just trying to look after him as best as I can until a match is found. I think he's pretty happy, for what it's worth: lots of running around in the backyard during the day, regular training exercises, lots of toys and treats etc. but he's definitely very demanding. :)

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Slow News Day posted:

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've definitely realized we aren't a good fit over the long term. Things aren't at a point where I absolutely want to get rid of him ASAP or anything like that — things have actually improved a lot as we've gotten to know and understand each other since I started to foster him back in August. But I've been slowly compiling photos and videos for the shelter's foster website where potential adopters can browse through dogs that are available for adoption. I do get the occasional email from a potential adopter, but they have so far ended up being not good fits for this guy (e.g. the person lives in a small apartment, they have other pets, they aren't at home most of the day, etc.) so I'm just trying to look after him as best as I can until a match is found. I think he's pretty happy, for what it's worth: lots of running around in the backyard during the day, regular training exercises, lots of toys and treats etc. but he's definitely very demanding. :)

I'm sure he's happy, it's obvious you've really been trying your best for him. ACDs are really challenging dogs and you're doing a fine job for your first fostering experience.

If you want to cross-post him to a wider, more heeler savvy audience there are some great facebook groups just for ACDs since so many end up not working out for inexperienced owners. Homes for Heelers, Rescue Heelers: Ready for Homes, and Heelers for Rehoming are just a few of the big ones but your local area probably has a heeler/acd group that would be a good place to post too. Sometimes rescue groups get overwhelmed so don't be afraid to really get your foster out there yourself to find him a compatible forever home.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My loveable mutt wags her tail nonstop which isn't a problem in my apartment, but when I bring her to my parents they have a long hallway and the dog literally bludgeons her tail against the walls until it bleeds. We literally just spent like 10 minutes cleaning streaks of blood off the walls because it's not always immediately obvious when it happens.

Putting up a dog gate isn't a super great option as my parents are mobily challenged. Any other ideas as how to maybe prevent this? I don't think she'd let me bubble wrap her tail, and my dad seems to be opposed to expanding the width of the hallway by a foot on each side for whatever reason :v:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I have no helpful advice, but holy poo poo. I've never heard of a dog hurting itself like that! Maybe you should try bandaging her tail? If you go there relatively frequently whatever wounds she has on her tail probably aren't getting enough time to heal up before she whacks them open again. Otherwise... padding the walls of the hallway??

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sab669 posted:

My loveable mutt wags her tail nonstop which isn't a problem in my apartment, but when I bring her to my parents they have a long hallway and the dog literally bludgeons her tail against the walls until it bleeds. We literally just spent like 10 minutes cleaning streaks of blood off the walls because it's not always immediately obvious when it happens.

Putting up a dog gate isn't a super great option as my parents are mobily challenged. Any other ideas as how to maybe prevent this? I don't think she'd let me bubble wrap her tail, and my dad seems to be opposed to expanding the width of the hallway by a foot on each side for whatever reason :v:

Can you take her out on a walk or play fetch to exhaust some of that energy?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Id probably consider getting some reams of padding. Something like camping pads for sleeping bags. Just line the hall when you have the dog over probably.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
That dog's wagging muscles must be buff as hell

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

I have no helpful advice, but holy poo poo. I've never heard of a dog hurting itself like that! Maybe you should try bandaging her tail? If you go there relatively frequently whatever wounds she has on her tail probably aren't getting enough time to heal up before she whacks them open again. Otherwise... padding the walls of the hallway??

this is super common. it's called happy tail.

Sab669 posted:

pipe insulation duct taped safely to the tail until it heals. My nearly 13 year old dane used to do it all the time. she did it in a hotel once and there was blood all over the ceiling, the walls, the tv, etc. Took hours for us to clean up and of course everything was white as white can be. A lot of folks use pool noodles, too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mall Santa Metis posted:

I only go two, three, four times per year (~6.5 hour drive) blue tacking up some kind of pads might not be a bad idea

Dango Bango posted:

Can you take her out on a walk or play fetch to exhaust some of that energy?

In July I did a 10 mile hike with 4,000 ft of elevation change in 85º weather with her and she still jumps with enthusiasm for dinner and her after-dinner walk later that day. Tiring her out... I mean it's doable, but it's really, really loving hard to do with any frequency. And not something I'm keen to do after spending 7 hours in a car :v: edit; and for the record she's 7 years old too. Energetic as fuckkkk

and yea, as Fluffy said^ What is Happy Tail Syndrome :psyduck:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 28, 2020

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have a question that I am sure has come up a lot:

My wife and I have to sell our house and move into a rental. We have a very sweet 7mo American Bully, which is a pit bull variant breed. Are there any steps we can take to improve our chances of being accepted by a rental that has breed restrictions? I have heard that service dog certification is one route, do you guys have any advice for this? It would be so greatly appreciated, we love her dearly

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is she a purebred? If she's mixed maybe you could just describe her as a "<whatever else> mix".

Like one of my dogs was listed as Terrier-Pit Mix at the SPCA. I was planning on just telling my landlord she's a Terrier Mix, but m'lord never ended up asking :)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
She is purebred American Bully, and looks identical to a pit bull

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah, bummer. Yea I've no experience with that unfortunately. Hopefully someone can help with the Service Dog avenue. I have also heard of it but no idea how one goes about it.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

My wife and I have to sell our house and move into a rental. We have a very sweet 7mo American Bully, which is a pit bull variant breed. Are there any steps we can take to improve our chances of being accepted by a rental that has breed restrictions? I have heard that service dog certification is one route, do you guys have any advice for this? It would be so greatly appreciated, we love her dearly

Service dog certification is a scam and saying your dog is a service dog when it isn't is a lovely thing to do. If one of you can get a licensed mental health professional involved you may be able to get an emotional support animal letter for her if you or your wife have a qualifying condition.

You can make your dog a resume with vaccination records and positive traits/things that show you're a responsible pet owner. Getting her a canine good citizen title to show that she's well behaved and you have taken the effort to train her may also be impressive to a potential landlord. Otherwise, private rentals are usually more likely to be flexible on breed restrictions.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Service dog certification is a scam and saying your dog is a service dog when it isn't is a lovely thing to do.

Yeah, those piss me off to no end, especially when you can see that the dog has no training whatsoever. I've been tempted to start arguments several times when seeing those fake service dogs, especially knowing how much work goes into training the 'real' ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Just say she’s something besides what she is. No one is going to check. Don’t lie about service dog certification, that’s lovely.