Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Captain Invictus posted:

The lander? I enjoyed making it, at least. And it does look nice.

Yeah, the lander. Whoops! Thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

ChesterJT posted:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/free-lego-roman-chariot-with-10276-colosseum/

It was on the lego shop page too but nowhere to be found now. Probably a "while supplies last" type thing.

Ahh, my nearest store is attached to a 'Discovery Centre' and as such isn't technically an official store, so I guess I was never in with a chance there.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Looked at the last couple pages and didn't see this mentioned but here in the UK John Lewis has the Barracuda Bay set with a 15% discount right now which isn't crazy huge but was enough to get me to pull the trigger. Somebody else might also want it and thought I'd mention it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

fappenmeister posted:

I've recently just gotten back into Lego after a decade (after a break of a decade before that, too).

While I lament the lack of original Space themes, loving the absolute crap out of the Creator Rover.

To those of you that own the Apollo, is it worth a purchase?

Lander is nice, Saturn V is awesome, Creator Rover is a cultural touchstone. Get used to bricklink if you want one.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

fappenmeister posted:

I've recently just gotten back into Lego after a decade (after a break of a decade before that, too).

While I lament the lack of original Space themes, loving the absolute crap out of the Creator Rover.

To those of you that own the Apollo, is it worth a purchase?

If you don’t have the Saturn V yet, that set is fantastic. I still haven’t built the lander so I can’t speak to that.

If you’re looking for classic space, Benny’s Spaceship ticks all the correct boxes in a really satisfying way.

E: Re Bricklink and parting out the Mars Rover, what’s the trick? Just created a parts list and went to auto buy, and the recommended mix is 255$, or it’s 100$ for a complete used set

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 29, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The rocker arms I think?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They are only like 7 dollars and you need two of them. It's just the auto cart picker on bricklink being trash.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Making a grocery store with my daughter :kimchi:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Making a lego grocery store is a parent rite of passage I think, my dad did the same thing with me when I was somewhere in the 5-10 age range. We did the whole thing, filled one of those grey 48x48 baseplates with it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hey is there a tool somewhere where I could put in a list of ~40 pieces and see what colors are common across all of them? Thinking of doing a color swap of a set that has a shitton of monochrome.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
What's the kid in the lower left of the leaked CMF flyer?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Obsidianheart posted:

What's the kid in the lower left of the leaked CMF flyer?

Got a link?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Cojawfee posted:

They are only like 7 dollars and you need two of them. It's just the auto cart picker on bricklink being trash.
This is your daily reminder to use the "max price" modifier in Bricklink to not get screwed over by auto select. Very important, underused tool.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

This is your daily reminder to use the "max price" modifier in Bricklink to not get screwed over by auto select. Very important, underused tool.

:haibrow:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey is there a tool somewhere where I could put in a list of ~40 pieces and see what colors are common across all of them? Thinking of doing a color swap of a set that has a shitton of monochrome.
I can't think of a tool that does that, but it also seems somewhat easy to create if you have skills that I definitely don't lol

What set ya thinkin' of swapping, and to what color? I can eyeball it pretty accurately.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

OSU_Matthew posted:

If you don’t have the Saturn V yet, that set is fantastic. I still haven’t built the lander so I can’t speak to that.

If you’re looking for classic space, Benny’s Spaceship ticks all the correct boxes in a really satisfying way.

I just bought this on Bricklink with some random Space minifigs. Truly down the rabbit hole now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You aren't going over the top with classic space unless you buy that new book about minifigs that comes with an orange classic spaceperson.

(I haven't done it yet but it is on my amazon wishlist..)

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Pfft, that's nothing. The real crazy Classic Space guys get hundreds of the orange guys through Lugbulk. I may have gotten a few orange guys that way months before the book came out

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I can't decide what to build next. I've done lots of spaceships, some wheeled vehicles, and most recently a mecha walker... feel a bit dry on concepts for the moment. I wouldn't mind a prompt if anyone can think of one?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
How about a boat, but a scifi boat? Think one of the more recent episodes of Mando. You don't see future boats that often, occasionally in the background of cyberpunk cityscapes.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

Got a link?

There might be a better image floating around but this is the one I've seen:

A youtube video described the lower left kid as "A Plane Enthusiast" :shrug: Also only 12 this time around.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 29, 2020

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ChesterJT posted:

A youtube video described the lower left kid as "A Plane Enthusiast" :shrug: Also only 12 this time around.

The lower left kid is a plane counterpart to the kid in the sports car costume from past seasons.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
....And there's a riot squad cop...

Smiling.

Everything else looks great, though.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Brawnfire posted:

I can't decide what to build next. I've done lots of spaceships, some wheeled vehicles, and most recently a mecha walker... feel a bit dry on concepts for the moment. I wouldn't mind a prompt if anyone can think of one?

Modular house for one of your fav minifigs? Themed, of course.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Decided to mess with stud.io for the first time. This was the result:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AllisonByProxy posted:

Myst!!?? Or am I nuts???

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
That's right.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AllisonByProxy posted:

That's right.

It's strikingly recognizable. Really awesome little build you got there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

....And there's a riot squad cop...

Smiling.

Everything else looks great, though.

It's a space costume. I guess it's space police.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

AllisonByProxy posted:

Hello yes I would like to purchase this lego set

Tiny tip: maybe rotate some of the tree tops a little to give 'em a bit more of an organic look?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

AllisonByProxy posted:

That is awesome! I love that you got all the marker switches!

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Carbohydrates posted:

Hello yes I would like to purchase this lego set

Tiny tip: maybe rotate some of the tree tops a little to give 'em a bit more of an organic look?

Good tip! Too bad I already spent hours rendering out a bunch of images!

ROJO posted:

That is awesome! I love that you got all the marker switches!

Wouldn't be complete without them!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

I can't think of a tool that does that, but it also seems somewhat easy to create if you have skills that I definitely don't lol

What set ya thinkin' of swapping, and to what color? I can eyeball it pretty accurately.

I'm thinking of redoing 3450 in a copper-like shade. I'm not in love with the set and Sand Green is absurdly expensive it seems, but it would be an omission if I manage to collect all of the other Statues of Liberty lego has done and not the one apparently from before SNOT was invented.

Literally A Person posted:

Myst!!?? Or am I nuts???

I saw the wheel on the lower left point and said Myst before I took in the rest of the island details. Really really good!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm thinking of redoing 3450 in a copper-like shade.
This is annoying; both Bricklink and Brickset appear to have mistakes in their inventories so this isn't as quick to check as I would have hoped. That said, tan is good to go assuming 3063 is replaced with 85080 (updated mold). Dark tan, dark orange, and medium nougat won't work - far too many pieces unavailable. Not sure what else would be remotely copper-y.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh my god I want a MYST island and never realized

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

ChesterJT posted:

That jaguar Warrior with Macuahuitl owns owns owns. Hopefully they next make an eagle Warrior and a Spaniard Conquistador to beat up.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So after seeing someone else make a sweet display case for their Saturn V, I decided to make my own as well.

It frankly owns bones.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Zefiel posted:

That jaguar Warrior with Macuahuitl owns owns owns. Hopefully they next make an eagle Warrior and a Spaniard Conquistador to beat up.

It is a cool fig, one of the few I want from that series.

FYI, there was a conquistador CMF way back in series 8 (#2):

Not to mention an entire subtheme of Pirates in the 90s was the Spanish Armada (kind of):

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Handsome Ralph posted:

So after seeing someone else make a sweet display case for their Saturn V, I decided to make my own as well.

It frankly owns bones.

Yeah this is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is that just cotton batting lit from the top? Daaaaaamn