Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
if Kobeni dies to Makima's regen bullshit I will just be, so sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

My personal pet theory is that Kobeni made a contract with an Earthdawn-style Horror instead of a normal devil, which is why she is always suffering. And also unkillable because that Horror wants to eat more suffering, damnit!

Of course, I'm well aware that I'm at least 120% wrong with this. :v:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I like to think Kobeni doesn't have any contracts, because she was too scared to make any.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Anxiety Devil: Oh, oh God, cmon Kobeni don't cry, please stop, this is a family burger, everyone's staring- fine I'll let you use my power no strings attached just stop crying please

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The definition of bravery is overcoming your fears. Based on this, Kobeni is the bravest woman alive

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Kobeni made a contract with the Plot Devil.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kobeni will never die because it’s funnier that way

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kobeni’s car died for her sins.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope we get a Kobeni spin off of her returning to devil hunting and just pulling off sick rear end flips and ninja moves while tripping over mundane tasks and screaming a constant stream of profanity as she and Kishibe defeat the other three of the Four Horsepersons. I don't think this is happening but imagining it amuses me greatly.

gently caress, it would be so funny to have a follow up manga showing how all the other devil hunters think Denji is just this stone cold too cool to feel fear badass hunter and the audience knows the truth

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

She won't cause her parents sold her citizenship to someone else somehow and she's now been deported to North Korea.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What the gently caress did I just read

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Junpei Hyde posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVG_sBhNcr0

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bold for them to rip off a dog's life for the ps2

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's been quite the exercise in willpower to watch this thread blow up as i decided to hold out for the official release and now that it's here i can finally say with confidence

Junpei Hyde posted:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:stare:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The "you're the best devil hunter I've ever seen" line is some excellent foreshadowing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

a kitten posted:

It's been quite the exercise in willpower to watch this thread blow up as i decided to hold out for the official release and now that it's here i can finally say with confidence

I salute your willpower

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Robviously posted:

I am legit surprised that they haven't gone the One Punch Man route and just gotten another artist to tell the HxH story at this point. I'm sure Togashi gets a say in if that's even a possibility but still.

If he wanted another mangaka to help he'd just ask his wife.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have always waited for the official tl, and i need only do so one more time

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Grouchio posted:

The thread's title is now doubly accurate, as the film it's referencing ended with the love interest getting cannibalized and cooked to save the Protag's dog :aaaaa:

I was going to make a Eating Raoul joke, but this is indeed the best.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Sindai posted:

The "you're the best devil hunter I've ever seen" line is some excellent foreshadowing.

The official translation changes it to “You’re the best devil hunter for THIS job” which I assume is Kishibe withholding the information of what happens when Chainsaw Man eats someone.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hey, Makima is getting one of the endings she wanted too.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
never before have i so quickly gone from "i can't believe this is the penultimate chapter" to "oooooohhhhhh, that makes sense"

what a great series

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1335790047333933058

Fujimotowns

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm sad to hear this wild manga is ending, but at the same time I don't know how you top the crazy all-out sprint that it's been at since the Gun Devil showed up. Now I'm totally onboard with this Mangaka doing crazy concepts that don't make it past 100 issues but dole out cool ideas at a fast pace. This also means the anime could wind up adapting the whole manga without that awkward "We're running out of road so we gotta stop it or build our own" situation, though I expect it'll need to be successful enough in its first cour for that to happen.

Very fun to see Makima finally get beat and that chapter's ending is amazing.

Denji at least seems to be lined up for a happy ending.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 7, 2020

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elfface posted:

Well, depends on how she looks at it. As the bard said, "there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so". Makima gets to pick if this is her dream or eternally being denied it.

I'm still pretty curious how the last chapter will go. I mean, I can see lot of directions, even ignoring how Fujimoto does things nobody saw coming. He could do a timeskip ahead to set everyone up somewhere, or just continue on directly, focus in on Denji or show a little more how the setting plays out... there's a lot of options.

I mean, even sticking with the things we expect to play out somehow, the Blood Devil search could be the end of the final chapter, could be its basic structure, or you could even have Power basically be back at the start since Denji went to find her in the time between chapter 96 and 97.

Reze, Quanxi, and the other hybrids could get a decent sized role, or just be ignored. Makima could be in hell, just in Denji's dreams, or completely nonexistent. Even Yoshida might get a bit, if there's going to be scenes focusing on the Special Division rebuilding.

Personally?

I'm hoping for something calling back to the movie chapter. Feels like it was doing some thematic setup that still hasn't fully paid off.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I think it's going to end on Denji getting laid.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

here's a fun detail on top of that: Power horns!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Elfface posted:

Makima doesn't think of Denji and Chainsawman as the same entity so this feels like a complete loss to her.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, depends on how she looks at it. As the bard said, "there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so". Makima gets to pick if this is her dream or eternally being denied it.

I'm still pretty curious how the last chapter will go. I mean, I can see lot of directions, even ignoring how Fujimoto does things nobody saw coming. He could do a timeskip ahead to set everyone up somewhere, or just continue on directly, focus in on Denji or show a little more how the setting plays out... there's a lot of options.

I mean, even sticking with the things we expect to play out somehow, the Blood Devil search could be the end of the final chapter, could be its basic structure, or you could even have Power basically be back at the start since Denji went to find her in the time between chapter 96 and 97.

Reze, Quanxi, and the other hybrids could get a decent sized role, or just be ignored. Makima could be in hell, just in Denji's dreams, or completely nonexistent. Even Yoshida might get a bit, if there's going to be scenes focusing on the Special Division rebuilding.

Personally?

I'm hoping for something calling back to the movie chapter. Feels like it was doing some thematic setup that still hasn't fully paid off.

My guess? We get implications of a bunch of this stuff but the last chapter is a mostly standalone story about a devil causing trouble and Denji killing it. After all this it's back to the grindstone.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this manga has been a trip. I'm sad it is ending so soon but better to go out on a high note

the only thing I really care about now is; what's going on with Kobeni?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

My guess? We get implications of a bunch of this stuff but the last chapter is a mostly standalone story about a devil causing trouble and Denji killing it. After all this it's back to the grindstone.

It's possible, I suppose (At any rate it's higher on my list of likely options than a full Tokyo Ghoul 125) but I'd think there'd be more to it than that if it's a closer.

If I was going with that as the basic chapter structure, I'd think a callback to the beginning would work best, with Denji in Makima's position as the Public Safety hunter drawing someone else into the life. (Possibly even a new incarnation of Blood or Control, to really round things out.)

We haven't spent enough time on Denji's daily routine for it to feel like a good ending anchor in-and-of itself. We know he and Power hunted Devils other than the ones who got whole arcs, but we barely saw it beyond the first few chapters. It happened, but it was just a paycheck, not something to leave the reader feeling emotionally complete.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 8, 2020

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think the last chapter has to have something to do with his promise to get Power back. He made a contract, after all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this manga has been a trip. I'm sad it is ending so soon but better to go out on a high note

the only thing I really care about now is; what's going on with Kobeni?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMfVH053ww

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Quick, someone make Kobeni in the Cyberpunk Character Creator when it releases tomorrow

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Quick, someone make Kobeni in the Cyberpunk Character Creator when it releases tomorrow

Important note: Kobeni's just, like, four feet tall.

Seriously, even if you assume that Aki and Himeno are really, really tall by Japanese standards for more generous scaling, Kobeni's tiny.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Did we know the Manga was ending? My life has been better with weekly Chainsaw Man chapters and I'm not ready to go back.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
it was obviously winding down but we didnt know how soon it was wrapping up until the past week

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Thoren posted:

Did we know the Manga was ending? My life has been better with weekly Chainsaw Man chapters and I'm not ready to go back.

We found out with the ending of the last chapter. People knew it was in the last act before then, but even the shorter estimates put it around 106 chapters, not 97.

But if we could predict Fujimoto, then Chainsaw Man would probably be a very different manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1336584832755916801