Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

https://twitter.com/magdraws/status/1334227214750126087?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

I've never been able to get over how much the sprite for Peach in SMB1 makes her look like she's either a massive loving mutant, rolling her eyes, or tilting the top of her head away from the camera. If the eye were a pixel lower it'd look way better:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Probably wasn't a lot of effort put into it since it's not like she shows up for more than a minute, and a lot of players would never see her.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A fan art.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
that is a good fan art

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I feel like she shoulda been a little more strapping, big arms, sleeveless gown...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
There's also Peach from Mario Kart 64.

Content:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/magdraws/status/1334227214750126087

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Um excuse me but the presence of warp powers and Nemesis Force Halberd means that the dude is a Grey Knight and not as regular Space Marine wait I don't wanna get a swirly

Too late, now are you gonna put your head in a toilet nicely, or am I gonna have to break quarantine to make you?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Sorry Fister, your Princess is in another post.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actually, og Princess Toadstool looks a lot like the Fire Peach from SM3DW used her outfit for a basis.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I somehow forgot about this thread so I'm crossposting some OC from a different thread:

My niece decided to draw some pikmin

This seemed like crowd to show them to

I called the last one pixarmom

And she just replied thiccmin

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
your niece is a treasure

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah your niece and the thiccmin are awesome lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/quailtea/status/1334629580624244738?s=20

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I would totally install that as a wallpaper border thing around a bedroom.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TommySiegel/status/1334947824417574916

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Those last three, holy crap they're good! I'd love to see an '80s one with the membership of the paintings as well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Who the gently caress is the guy holding the shotgun??

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FilthyImp posted:

I think it's Chow Yun-Fat as Tequila from Hard Boiled.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Sirotan found a page that lists all of the people in the image.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A fan art.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CannonFodder posted:

I think it's Chow Yun-Fat as Tequila from Hard Boiled.
That's an... interesting likeness. Though I guess I know who Whedon looked to when creating Captain Firefly.

Also I hoped the witchy girl was Death and not from The Craft.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im pretty sure its Fairuza Balk's character from the Craft yeah.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy poo poo, this is gorgeous

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DreadUnknown posted:

A few years ago my wife and some friends rewatched The Craft and someone was like "oh poo poo I forgot the black chick has a plotline.... did they just put her in for A Racism" and yeah, Jan from the Brady Bunch Reboot is just racist to her.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Despite the paintings in the background there was another ''80s group suggested a couple of years earlier.

The plots pretty good, too. I'm assuming Farrah brings to the group being an agent of Charlies Angels.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DreadUnknown posted:

http://mightygodking.com/2012/08/21/the-next-iteration/

quote:

Abuse of Playback, the technologically-derived drug made from distilled human memories, is sweeping the world – and Special Agent Fox Mulder learned too late that Playback was put forth on this planet by the Purity, seeking to condition humanity to their rule so as to better combat the Deadite incursion threatening the aliens’ homeworld. Now Mulder is missing, and it falls to his partner, Dana Scully, to re-activate secret protocol LXG-71, the “League of Extraordinary Gentlepersons” (protocol renamed 1993 for “sensitivity reasons”).

Scully swiftly collects Hong Kong Detective-Inspector “Tequila” Yuen, hyperviolent Wiccan practitioner Nancy Downs, the biological experiment/walking weapon known only as “Edward,” and a young high-functioning sociopath named Zack Morris who has the strange ability to stop the flow of time itself. Perhaps it is this last who attracts the attention of an enigmatic man who answers only to “Rufus,” and who asks Scully to “set history right” and see that two young musicians – that, so far as she can tell, never existed – be born anew, so that peace may flourish on Earth. But the Purity have never shown any signs of temporal travel capability… so who, then, altered history?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The 80s comic is a nice April Fool's gag but goddamn do those sound like bad sideplots from Ready Player One

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

FilthyImp posted:

The 80s comic is a nice April Fool's gag but goddamn do those sound like bad sideplots from Ready Player One
league of extraordinary gentlemen is at its core pretty much just crossover fanfic :shrug:

even ready player one didn't have the audacity to pretend all of its characters occupied the same universe

league is probably a better told story, but it is also just every character from every victorian literary reality coming in with everything for a HUGE party

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Cubone posted:

league of extraordinary gentlemen is at its core pretty much just crossover fanfic :shrug:

even ready player one didn't have the audacity to pretend all of its characters occupied the same universe

league is probably a better told story, but it is also just every character from every victorian literary reality coming in with everything for a HUGE party

I feel like the difference between Ready Player One and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (or Kim Newman's Anno Dracula series) is that the latter are interested in commenting on the characters and genres they're using, rather than just mashing things that you recognise together.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cubone posted:

That's true, but it's at least structured in a way that makes it work.

(Uh, let's ignore the later works where Harry Potter shoots lightning from his dick and the Golliwog has tea with Brier Rabbit or whatever).

Quartermain being a washed up colonial adventurer works. Mina having a shameful blood disorder after being seduced by a swarthy European works. Them coming together, all the kitschy superscience, the Nautilus, it all fits the world.

The fan ones are more madlibs. And as stated above, built to be the 80s' Show version of "wow, reference!" instead of working with the characters and setting.

I.e.:

When [Johnny 5] discovers that New York is being run by [The Lawnmower Man], he recruits [Trinity] to delve into [VR5] and activate the [Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad] protocols to stop the spread of this malicious power through [pagers]. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, [Cher Horowitz], [Lt. Luc Devereaux], and [Kurt Cobain] must convince a retired [Mitch Buchannon] to help them infiltrate [MTV] and sever a [AOL Instant Messenger connection] between worlds.

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Dec 6, 2020

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Idk, I think Alan Moore could make that work

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I can't believe that a single piece of fanart with a paragraph of plot has failed to live up to the standards set by Alan Moore, it's just so disgraceful.

Anywho:

https://twitter.com/magdraws/status/1334885275596693506

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rascar Capac posted:

I feel like the difference between Ready Player One and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (or Kim Newman's Anno Dracula series) is that the latter are interested in commenting on the characters and genres they're using, rather than just mashing things that you recognise together.

If this is in any way up your alley I also highly recommend the Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club series by Theodora Goss. It's the women from Victorian literature getting together to solve mysteries.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/P_manland/status/1335557800135589891

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1335684440983359488

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More anime

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FilthyImp posted:

When [Johnny 5] discovers that New York is being run by [The Lawnmower Man], he recruits [Trinity] to delve into [VR5] and activate the [Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad] protocols to stop the spread of this malicious power through [pagers]. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, [Cher Horowitz], [Lt. Luc Devereaux], and [Kurt Cobain] must convince a retired [Mitch Buchannon] to help them infiltrate [MTV] and sever a [AOL Instant Messenger connection] between worlds.

Would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches