Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zeether posted:

Speaking of Digimon name localization stuff, Hackmon is called "Huckmon" in the 20th anniversary vpet :psyduck:

Regrettably, Huckmon is the official romanization, as shown in the Digimon Reference Book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Regrettably, Huckmon is the official romanization, as shown in the Digimon Reference Book.

And to be fair there is another character in the digimon franchise named "Hackmon", and he's better better than Huckmon in all ways so I have no problem with Appmon keeping the name.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A-Hyuckmon.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ooh, we may be getting a new ED next episode if the current one sticks around for 13 episodes like the first one did.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Ooh, we may be getting a new ED next episode if the current one sticks around for 13 episodes like the first one did.

That's been confirmed for weeks already.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's been confirmed for weeks already.

First I've heard of it.

We getting a new opening sometime?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Omnicrom posted:

First I've heard of it.

We getting a new opening sometime?

Who knows. Nothing has been said about it. If it happens, I'd imagine it would happen around episode 33 considering that'd be the mid point of the series.

I'd be surprised if we don't get a second opening though, considering every series since Savers has had two openings (Xros Wars even had three!)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I really appreciated Mimi speaking for the audience this last episode.

jivjov posted:

I was hoping we'd eventually get a new OP. Speaking of, are any of the songs on Spotify?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

I was hoping we'd eventually get a new OP. Speaking of, are any of the songs on Spotify?

Here’s the full version of the first ending https://open.spotify.com/track/4VMAXeW6wsyCBZRSPxkbNv?si=m3WUP1EvR9q9sM-sBt7B5g

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

JT Smiley posted:

I really appreciated Mimi speaking for the audience this last episode.

Yeah, Mimi definitely hit exactly how I was feeling about the boat arc.

"So slow! Hurry up! Come on!" is what my entire group has basically been shouting at every "Koshiro and co. look at a screen and talk about boats" scene. And god did we have lots of them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm so glad the whole crew is back in the Digital World.

The separate arcs would have been okay, if the real world kids had actually done anything besides sitting in the park for 6 episodes.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

I'm so glad the whole crew is back in the Digital World.

The separate arcs would have been okay, if the real world kids had actually done anything besides sitting in the park for 6 episodes.

This really is the problem honestly. Splitting the cast and having them do different things is only something that works when you don't make it transparent that one group is the group that matters and the other group is spinning their wheels. If we had had an episode in there that was mostly the Real World team doing stuff with only occasional cuts back to the Digital World that would have helped, but when it's the other way around for seven straight episodes what you're actually doing is shaft the Real World team in favor of the Digital World team.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda get why they did it- the team would have steamrolled poo poo if they were all together for the Knightmon and Devimon fights, maybe even DoneDevimon. This was the 'best' way to get TK in and give him some focus...

But they really, really should have paced things out better. Give the others a more involved plot where they do poo poo, let the Devimon stuff play out over longer.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
New cards:

BushiAgumon

Gogmamon

Blastmon

I’d post the Baboongamon card (also in black) but it’s low rez. The cards seem to make a line of Gotsumon>Baboongamon>Gogmamon>Blastmon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Possibly a step up from the previously posited Gotsumon > Icemon > Insekimon > Blastmon line. Or maybe not.

Also why is this the first time I've been introduced to Bushi Agumon?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Omnicrom posted:

Possibly a step up from the previously posited Gotsumon > Icemon > Insekimon > Blastmon line. Or maybe not.

He's basically never been in anything besides like one or two V-Pets that never left Japan is why

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Omnicrom posted:

Sadly he's from a digivice so there's no samurai greymon he just evolves into random bullshit

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The kids sitting around in the park was boring but I didn’t mind it so much just because I’m 90% sure I know the exact spot they’re sitting in so every time I’m like “THEYRE JUST LIKE ME!”

Also Gogmamon to Blastmon just blew my mind. I never made the connection.

Blockhouse posted:

Sadly he's from a digivice so there's no samurai greymon he just evolves into random bullshit

Warp evolution to Gaioumon might make sense.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Something like this would probably work for a line for him;

Bushi Agumon-> Musayamon*-> Butenmon^-> Tactimon

*Buraimon or Ryudamon would also work

^Grademon or Hisyaryumon could also work here

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New Project VB Tease: this time the egg hatches to reveal a new digimon's silhouette. Looks like an electric agumon/veemon-like digimon to me.

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1333607504631087104

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

drrockso20 posted:

Something like this would probably work for a line for him;

Bushi Agumon-> Musayamon*-> Butenmon^-> Tactimon

*Buraimon or Ryudamon would also work

^Grademon or Hisyaryumon could also work here
Chalk me up for preferring Hisyaryumon. There are more than enough Agumon with Dude In Armor evolutions. Hell, Grademon could even pass for a WarGreymon variant with a slight redesign.

As for the Adult, I guess Ryudamon fits the line the best if Hisyaryumon is in the line. It’d go back to Dude In Armor for Tactimon, but what can you do?

Edit: How the gently caress is Butenmon a Perfect and not a Mega?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 1, 2020

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: How the gently caress is Butenmon a Perfect and not a Mega?

He was created to evolve to Chronomon. Backfilled evolution line and all that.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Adventure reboot with my GF. Jesus, this show is good and I got way too hyped about the first jogress. We both went in pretty much blind so just seeing one episode was named War Games was a surprise.

I'm kind of curious if at some point Ryo might get a cameo, and my only thought when they mentioned something American getting hacked was thinking they were about to cameo Willis from the Cocomon special.

Also been playing a little bit of the card game with her and its been fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Omnicrom posted:

He was created to evolve to Chronomon. Backfilled evolution line and all that.
That would do it.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fantastic Alice posted:

I'm kind of curious if at some point Ryo might get a cameo, and my only thought when they mentioned something American getting hacked was thinking they were about to cameo Willis from the Cocomon special.

Movie, not special. Hurricane Touchdown etc. was theatrically released.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This person has a neat idea of what the new guy could look like. Very protagmon-like.

https://twitter.com/RobyLelo/status/1333639540490313733

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I laughed when Koshiro and the others were wondering how to get back to the Digital World, and then Hikari's plot powers conveniently kicked in. I guess that's just being accurate to the original series. :v:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

According to the next episode preview, the cast are getting seperated as soon as they reunite. FFS. I will accept this only if we get episodes where the entire rest of the cast get their own Perfect.5 forms in the near future.

On the other hand no Pegasmon yet, so that's promising.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's the new ending. It has significantly less effort put into it than the last one, with a bunch of still shots and very little animation, which is disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQwCfi90DE

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This episode was stalling for the animation team 100% wasn't it

We got some OG Season 1 animation in this one

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I wish that Toei had adopted the 25-episode seasonal approach when doing the reboot. That way the animation team could take some well-deserved break and they could have the time to make stock transformations for the rest of the kids's Digimon.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Blaze Dragon posted:

Here's the new ending. It has significantly less effort put into it than the last one, with a bunch of still shots and very little animation, which is disappointing.

That Mimi dance though

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

amigolupus posted:

I wish that Toei had adopted the 25-episode seasonal approach when doing the reboot. That way the animation team could take some well-deserved break and they could have the time to make stock transformations for the rest of the kids's Digimon.

I could just imagine the kelly comic about everyone else adopting the season workflow.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, basically all of this episode's budget was put into that animation at the very end.

That said, I liked that the team had some actual tactics beyond "shoot it harder." Taichi was both his old reckless self and came up with a plan that actually worked!

Next episode: That's definitely MoonMillennuiummon, right?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

Next episode: That's definitely MoonMillennuiummon, right?

It's been that for a couple of episodes now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Otoh, it's a very cute and comfy ED and it's good for that

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah I think the ED is cute as well with the snapshots of them just hanging out with their digimon, but I fear all the chillout and downtime I personally like to see is only gonna be depicted in the ED's like this and not the show proper. :smith:

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
So, that mysterious new project finally got a... PV of sorts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2KzEpF_gs

Looks like there's way more to figure out here but the mystery mon has been revealed as Pulsemon.

Still more to come but it seems like it's being released next March.

Edit -> The website is https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/vb-digitalmonster/ but it's absolutely getting hammered atm, so your mileage may vary.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Here's more about it. Looks like the rumor of being able to upgrade it with additional items (ala a toku toy) is true going by the second image. Buy extra chips to add slots maybe? Lovin' that sloth evo.

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1335782840731017219

Edit: Oh yeah, can feel my wallet cry already.

https://twitter.com/FakeBali/status/1335784332019990528

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Yeah, there's at least 5 currently known cards: Impulse City (yellow card), Volcanic Beat (red card), Blizzard Fang (blue card), as well as Agumon and Gabumon.

(Volcanic Beat/Blizzard Fang and Agumon/Gabumon look to be sold in 2 packs from what I can attempt to make out on the site, so I'm thinking that Impulse City comes with the watch/pedometer?)

The watch itself is approx 6380 yen and the card packs are approx 1760 yen so yeah.. the wallet's gonna feel this one for sure.

Seiyal fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 7, 2020