Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

What are their pronouns if they're identifying as an attack helicopter, thwup/thwup/thwup/thwup/thwup?

idiot/idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just start treating them as an inanimate tool for use by actual human beings.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Of someone pulls the "I identify as an attack helicopter" bullshit is it acceptable to tell mutual acquaintances that they've transitioned and don't want to be addressed by their previous pronouns and the like?

Tell them they should identify as funny and come up with jokes other than the attack helicopter one.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I too am a 120 year old man.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Of someone pulls the "I identify as an attack helicopter" bullshit is it acceptable to tell mutual acquaintances that they've transitioned and don't want to be addressed by their previous pronouns and the like?

It's rude to out someone to their acquaintances unless you have their consent, but for interactions with the person themselves you can start here:

https://twitter.com/vexwerewolf/status/1152372555245858816

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Soylent Pudding posted:

The correct response to any lovely bigoted joke is to ask them to explain it. Bigots don't like having to explain "its funny because I am a bad person".

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Guavanaut posted:

What are their pronouns if they're identifying as an attack helicopter, thwup/thwup/thwup/thwup/thwup?

Apache/apacher

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

CuddleCryptid posted:

The correct response to any lovely bigoted joke is to ask them to explain it. Bigots don't like having to explain "its funny because I am a bad person".

This, but also accede to their wishes and refer to them from that moment on only as "attack helicopter".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wish I was smart enough to come up with those sick burns cause godamn.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

PeterCat posted:

Imagine you were born in 1900.
When you're 14
World War I begins
and ends at 18 years old
with 22 million dead.

Shortly after, a global pandemic
Flu called 'Spanish' ",
kills 50 million people.
You come out alive and free
You are 20 years old.

Then, at 29, you survive the global economic crisis that started with the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange, causing Inflation, Unemployment, and Hunger.

At 33, the nazis come to power.

You turn 39 when World War II starts and ends at 45 During the Holocaust (Holocaust), 6 million Jews die.
There will be over 60 million deaths in total.

When you're 52, the Korean War begins.

At age 64, the Vietnam War begins and ends at age 75

A boy born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is, but they have survived several wars and disasters.

A boy born in 1995 and now 25 years old thinks it's the end of the world when his Amazon package takes over three days to arrive or when he doesn't get more than
15 likes for her photo posted on Facebook or Instagram. ....

In 2020, many of us live comfortably, have access to different sources of home entertainment, and often have more than we need.

But people complain about everything.

However, they have electricity, phone, food, hot water, and a roof over their heads.

None of this existed before.

But mankind survived far more disastrous circumstances and never lost the joy of living.

Maybe it's time to be less self-escaped, stop complaining, and stop crying.

Love how this basically skips the 80s, 90s, 9/11, Enron, both Recessions and the general trickle-down fuckery they are responsible for.

Boomer needs to be put in the DSV.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Imagine you were born in 1900

You’re the second oldest person who ever lived. High-five dude!!!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Weatherman posted:

Did you search the forums for the word "veteran" just to find something to reply to, like the OP from three weeks ago?

No, ya weirdo, I was just on my usual round of meandering around my bookmarks and decided to get Mad Online for a second

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Lib and let die posted:

Not on your loving life. They're full of PTSD and the VA doesn't care to help them. Ticking time bombs.

True. Also they would probably just find a way to claim the damage as additional disability so your (well and their) tax dollars would just go to them. That'd be my plan anyway

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

wizzardstaff posted:

It's rude to out someone to their acquaintances unless you have their consent, but for interactions with the person themselves you can start here:

https://twitter.com/vexwerewolf/status/1152372555245858816

This is wrong, the robot would cost more

I mean the rest of it is right I just didn't want anyone to get too excited thinking there had been some advance in robotics or something

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Slippery posted:

This is wrong, the robot would cost more

I mean the rest of it is right I just didn't want anyone to get too excited thinking there had been some advance in robotics or something

The robot's also not autonomous.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

PeterCat posted:

The robot's also not autonomous.

Well then it's a drone :colbert:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Slippery posted:

Well then it's a drone :colbert:

Thanks Obama

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Slippery posted:

No, ya weirdo, I was just on my usual round of meandering around my bookmarks and decided to get Mad Online for a second

[img-timeline]

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AFewBricksShy posted:

A boy born in 1985 would have grandparents born around 1930, unless you had 2 generations in a row that didn't have kids until their 40's.

sup?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

quote:

Contested Election Incoming!
The communist Democrats and media will never cover this. All you will hear is that Biden is the certified winner...however, not so fast.
The GOP in the following States are sending their own slate of Trump Electors.
This means a contested confirmation in the US House and Senate is all but, certain at this point. Guess who opens the sealed envelopes from each State and decides to accept their votes or not on January 6th, 2021?
None other than Vice President Mike Pence himself...per the Constitution.
Do you think he will accept any vote from any Elector from the States in contention and accused of proven fraud? No...I don’t think so.
The Dems will scream bloody murder and run to SCOTUS....who will rule against them. Remember the recent refusal by the Court to hear the suit brought by Texas for lack of Standing? Well, that decision/precedence looms large over the fight for the presidency that will unfold in Congress.
The ruling by SCOTUS against Texas, also cut-off the only option the Democrats had in a contested election. Regardless of what the media, Democrats, and China did to steal this election and hide the evidence...it will all be for not. SCOTUS will hear individual cases of fraud and as the whole world watches...hearings in Congress will expose the depths of Chinese tampering and Democrat wilful complicity.....then, the House and Senate cast their votes for President and Vice President.
The truth will come out. Witnesses will testify. Democrat officials will be called to testify..where they will promptly plead the 5th..and the Communist Chinese will be exposed with half the world watching. They crucified Trump for asking about proven Biden corruption...I say it’s time for a little righteous retribution!
@BernardKerik: HISTORIC AND UNPARALLELED - PA, GA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, and NM all had GOP electors cast votes for @realDonaldTrump. That preserves @POTUS’ right to remedy fraud with his own electors.

Original lack of paragraph spacing preserved.

I looked up what the actual protocol for January 6th is, and I'll paste it here, because it's interesting the pomp behind it:

quote:

§ 15. Congress shall be in session on the sixth day of January succeeding every meeting of the electors. The Senate and House of Representatives shall meet in the Hall of the House of Representatives at the hour of 1 o’clock in the afternoon on that day, and the President of the Senate shall be their presiding officer. Two tellers shall be previously appointed on the part of the Senate and two on the part of the House of Representatives, to whom shall be handed, as they are opened by the President of the Senate, all the certificates and papers purporting to be certificates of the electoral votes, which certificates and papers shall be opened, presented, and acted upon in the alphabetical order of the States, beginning with the letter A; and said tellers, having then read the same in the presence and hearing of the two Houses, shall make a list of the votes as they shall appear from the said certificates; and the votes having been ascertained and counted according to the rules in this subchapter provided, the result of the same shall be delivered to the President of the Senate, who shall thereupon announce the tate of the vote, which announcement shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the persons, if any, elected President and Vice President of the United States, and, together with a list of the votes, be entered on the Journals of the two Houses.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 15, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Accused of proven crimes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ensuring a fair political process by executing everyone who doesn't vote for you.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It will be for not

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

@BernardKerik: HISTORIC AND UNPARALLELED - PA, GA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, and NM all had GOP electors cast votes for @realDonaldTrump. That preserves @POTUS’ right to remedy fraud with his own electors.

Obviously all that is bullshit but while this is true that these states had GOP electors cast votes, they mean nothing. None of them are certified by the state governments and so will not be accepted since they're not official electors. It's all just a show to look like they're on Trump's side so their constituents won't turn on them for being "RINO traitors."

That said it is very concerning that these people are willing to be seditious just because of Trump's cult of personality.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Q needs to spread the word that the GOP electors didn't actually vote.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Original lack of paragraph spacing preserved.

I looked up what the actual protocol for January 6th is, and I'll paste it here, because it's interesting the pomp behind it:

So I wonder what happens if the Vice President just makes something up?

"Uhhhhh 10,000 electoral votes for President Mike Pence, 306 electoral votes for Vice President Donald Trump"

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if only she was that badass.

too bad she's just as happy to just let pelosi take speakership again and not fight for poo poo.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Putting aside the physical impossibility of buying a freestanding house in New York City, this is another one of the examples of that phenomenon people have been talking about, that a lot of adults are treated as children by boomers because this laundry list of signifiers of "adulthood" are financially out of reach of them, and their ethical decision to not have kids til they can afford them goes against the idea of just having tons of kids and then if they go hungry they go hungry

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

These are the same people who complain about washington insiders and coastal elites. It doesn't matter what the gatekeeping standard is. It only matters that they are on the right side and the people they don't like arent.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Soylent Pudding posted:

These are the same people who complain about washington insiders and coastal elites. It doesn't matter what the gatekeeping standard is. It only matters that they are on the right side and the people they don't like arent.

Right. It didn't matter what AOC did for a living or where she lived, because it would just get used to attack her one way or another.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Minus the completely arbitrary points on this list like child bearing, homeownership and marriage, I'm pretty sure that running a successful campaign for the House of Representatives and winning the seat just about cancels out the rest. And I've known plenty of people who could check off most of those things and the last place I'd want them is anywhere near government.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's funny how, for example, having a kid isn't a requirement for a man to serve in congress.

Also if she bought three houses they'd attack her for that too.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

So I wonder what happens if the Vice President just makes something up?

"Uhhhhh 10,000 electoral votes for President Mike Pence, 306 electoral votes for Vice President Donald Trump"

From what I vaguely recall mentioned in another thread, there's six official documents of how the electors voted sent out to various agencies and people. So if Pence just made something up they'd stop the count and go get one of the official copies, and ignore what Pence said.

Hey guess what, Trump also ran for president in 2000 and failed, and you expect me to believe he got more votes than any other candidate in history? Sounds like a scam to me!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

It's funny how, for example, having a kid isn't a requirement for a man to serve in congress.

Also if she bought three houses they'd attack her for that too.

Hell, Democrats hit Bernie for a having the audacity to own two. They'd straight up censure AOC for owning 3.

Oh, sorry, forgot we were talking about Repubs.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hey guess what, Trump also ran for president in 2000 and failed, and you expect me to believe he got more votes than any other candidate in history? Sounds like a scam to me!

He never even got more votes than any other candidate in the same election

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Twelve by Pies posted:

From what I vaguely recall mentioned in another thread, there's six official documents of how the electors voted sent out to various agencies and people. So if Pence just made something up they'd stop the count and go get one of the official copies, and ignore what Pence said.

Man, I just had a brief vision of Trump winning and being president during 9/11.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

yikes! posted:

He never even got more votes than any other candidate in the same election

I was gonna say, Trump has literally never broken an election record.

Well, other than the one about winning the electoral college despite a historic popular vote loss.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Thump! posted:

Well, other than the one about winning the electoral college despite a historic popular vote loss.

Hey he's the first candidate to lose the popular vote twice, serve one term AND be impeached!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Thump! posted:

Nah, he broke the record for the most votes for a losing candidate.

And the record for the greatest negative vote margin by a winning candidate.