Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Does Judgement have the song Judgement in it?

no karaoke in judgment. huge strike against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

what the gently caress

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Lost a cabaret battle by 100 yen twice in a row and I'm about to flip a lid

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CountryMatters posted:

Anyone tried the spinoff "Judgement"? Would that be worth picking up?
It's good

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kasuga Ichiban is how you write a person of gaming (pog). Take notes hollywood.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i understand the point of not autosaving and that it is a gameplay feature people like and appreciate. i normally save every few hours.

however, it fuckin sucks when my launch ps4 overheats and i lose all of the progress i made with the karate dude in the beginning of the majima story in yak0. this has happened a few times now

if this game is the one that finally kills my ps4 when it survived control, rdr and avengers i swear to god

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

John Romero posted:

i understand the point of not autosaving and that it is a gameplay feature people like and appreciate. i normally save every few hours.

however, it fuckin sucks when my launch ps4 overheats and i lose all of the progress i made with the karate dude in the beginning of the majima story in yak0. this has happened a few times now

if this game is the one that finally kills my ps4 when it survived control, rdr and avengers i swear to god

sony sent the update to kill your system and force you to buy a ps5

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I can’t remember Y0 working my base PS4 that hard back in the day

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Brass Hand posted:

I can’t remember Y0 working my base PS4 that hard back in the day

i think maybe my guy is just tired from 6 moves and like 7 years of multiple times a week use

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza 3-6 are coming to PC and Xbox and are gonna be on Game Pass. Yakuza ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1337222817205653504

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress yeah.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

w00t

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
thank you sega

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

nice

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The patient gamer’s about to become the busy gamer

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

With that yakuza gamepass news I'm thinking of going insane and restarting from zero and going straight through all of them to make 2021 my year of yakuza. Blessed be

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

when I finish 0, I’m gonna switch to my Xbox and cruise through the rest

game pass continues to bring the value to gamers world wide and you can take that to the bank baby

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Never played any of these, is 0 a good place to start?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Rock My Socks! posted:

its the absolute best place to start

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Rock My Socks! posted:

ya, it's an incredible game too..enjoy

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Y0 rules and is the best place to start. Just know that you have to manually save your game at payphones. There's no autosave or save from menu

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Some initial comments on Y0

-you can start playing when the game is like 20% downloaded, nice
-i like you you can just hold down the right trigger to follow you buddy, leaving you to pan the camera freely to look around the city
-lol karaoke within the first 30 mins

off to a good start

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Play every side quest

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
The Ichiban Confections mini game is seriously grindy but at earns you a new party member and enough cash to break most of the other spend money on upgrade parts of the game. Not as bad as Real Estate Royale in Y0 though...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the real estate owns

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

the real estate owns

This. I would play an entirely separate game of Real Estate Royale & the Cabaret Club.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i’m in the haruka part of yakuza 5 and it’s awesome

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i’m in the haruka part of yakuza 5 and it’s awesome

It’s so good, I was really sad when it was over. I’d get just as hype from being declared the winner of a round of the Princess Leagues as I would from winning an epic boss fight lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This. I would play an entirely separate game of Real Estate Royale & the Cabaret Club.

I know, my hope for the future of the franchise as they continue to become increasingly boring old japanese men, is have more poo poo like that, or like how judgement is like laid back civllian type stuff, i think that works perfectly for the way they make their games, like a dragon is a good step in this direction as well.
I really want to see them double down on the detective aspect of judgement, like letting you miss clues and solve cases wrong

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Y2 has another full run of Cabaret Club so you have that to look forward to. It’s more or less the same with new and returning characters.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm playing yakuza 1 on ps2 and it's amazing. every problem kiryu has he just punches. he even slapped little haruka lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
somehow I got a ground and pound move without leveling up, kiryu is just an absolute monster lmao

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Eri loving owns in combat in Y7, worth completing the management mode for that and the special moves Ichiban gets for clowning on bosses.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao kiryu starting a blog in yakuza 3. kiryu's such a good character, hes so dopey

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeah, yakuza 3 question, do i get to go back to okinawa before the postgame? or once i finish chapter 4 am i out for good

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

oh yeah, yakuza 3 question, do i get to go back to okinawa before the postgame? or once i finish chapter 4 am i out for good

you eventually go back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Finishing up 1 right now. Series loving owns. I've yet to get tired of just smearing the loving pavement with Yakuza face.