Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

More colored chapters!

The colors really do justice to the Dabi scenes.

290. Dabi's Dance

291. Thanks For Going Strong

292. Threads of Hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh God I missed that part during Dabi's speech that showed someone crushed by debris.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That glow on Jeanist is some loving sexy color work.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
New speedscans:

https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-294/

I'd ask what are they going to pull out their rear end for next week but, well.....

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Noooo Compress, don't die now :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

The more I look at this guy, the more I'm convinced he's the Hood High End

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

The best spoiler of all: next chapter drops Dec 25th? Score!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Yeah the eyes and teeth match up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vigilantes
Are we about to see the fight that gave All Might his injury?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vigilantes
THAT WOULD BE QUITE A SIGHT TO SEEEEE :kheldragar:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 11, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vigilantes

oh god :psyduck:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If anyone isn't reading Vigilantes then now might be a good time to start.

If what we think will happen, happens, on Christmas Day no less, then gently caress.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Vigilantes

No, that already happened.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

No, that already happened.

I dunno, All For One looks like he still has a face in this flashback.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SgtSteel91 posted:

Noooo Compress, don't die now :(

:(

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

serious gaylord posted:

New speedscans:

https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-294/

I'd ask what are they going to pull out their rear end for next week but, well.....

Woof. Compress getting Shigaraki, Spinner, Dabi, and the LOV guy whose name I forgot out but losing Machia is a half-decent compromise on who wins here, especially with Shigaraki not doing real hot and Compress potentially dying (plus Toga being in the wind, although she can likely take care of herself with nobody paying attention to her). Taking Twice and Machia (and potentially Compress) off the board is a devastating blow to the bad guys, even if Shigaraki is way more dangerous now. The heroes will need time to recover, but so will Shiggy, so they're at a stalemate here.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I dunno, All For One looks like he still has a face in this flashback.

If I recall correctly, when we've met All Might in the story he has his post-injury time limit.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

If I recall correctly, when we've met All Might in the story he has his post-injury time limit.

This is a flashback.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Flesnolk posted:

(Vigilantes)
All Might told Deku he was injured 5 years before the start of MHA. Mirko was 26 when she first appeared, and is in high school in this flashback, so this all happens at least a couple of years before All Might vs AFO, round 1.

rocketbrah fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 13, 2020

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I forgot we flashed back. I doubt we'll see the fabled Round 1 here though because a) showing things like that always ruins them and b) everyone would know about it if it went down here.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wild that people just gave up tagging Vigilantes spoilers

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yes, this is clearly before the showdown between All-Might and AfO--but we also got a glimpse of that showdown around when All-Might unleashed his United States of Smash, where we saw why he was quite reasonable in being certain that AfO could not have survived that attack.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Vigilante stuff I guess

Who says Kamino was round 2? It could have been round 24 for all we know.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official scans
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-294/chapter/21721?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008137

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

oh jay posted:

And rereading this chapter, Mr. Compress is definitively Oji's son.

Great great grandson. Off by a few generations!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh no he's hot

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

with the lovely scans i thought someone was holding up a tablet to eraser's face while carting him off and not just holding a blood packet up for transfusion purposes

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yo, I think Midnight might be dead.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Yo, I think Midnight might be dead.

Yeah it certainly looks that way. The last we saw right after giving orders to Momo after being incapacitated by Machia, a group of villains found her, and the panel we got in this chapter shows her motionless with her glasses far away from her and broken, with blood pooling beneath her.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

guys i think best jeanist might b dead

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Not super big fan of Compress finally revealing a backstory that makes him interesting and then immediately dying. :v:

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I swear I'd trade 50 of this over bloated cast heros/students just to keep 1 interesting villain. Im still salty over twice dying

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah it is kind of lame that the D tier students are still hanging around while the villains just keep losing people. At least let them go to jail so we can have a prison break arc.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Eustace posted:

I swear I'd trade 50 of this over bloated cast heros/students just to keep 1 interesting villain. Im still salty over twice dying

:yeah:

I don't like how the villains got a whole arc about how they improved and got stronger and all, and then they just immediately ate poo poo and it seems like they're going to lose everything they just got in addition to Twice and now Compress. Maybe the Metahuman Liberation Front will still play a part in this afterwards, but I feel kinda skeptical.

Also, I'm still salty about Re-Destro getting swatted aside by Dark Shadow, even if the reason was "flimsy peg-legs".

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It just dawned upon me that Miriko and the others could potentially get back to 100% after all this if Eri can control her power enough to take them back a few days. She's potentially the most important healer in the entire series.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eustace posted:

The fact that they're actually losing people is part of the reason the villains are way more interesting and well thought out than the kids.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh good we've entered the "Why doesn't Hori kill more children" part of the thread discussion

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It just dawned upon me that Miriko and the others could potentially get back to 100% after all this if Eri can control her power enough to take them back a few days. She's potentially the most important healer in the entire series.

Nothing lets a shonen snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory like walking back consequences

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We still don't know where the rest of the PLF people are, but I got this feeling they got off paneled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The fact that they're actually losing people is part of the reason the villains are way more interesting and well thought out than the kids.

That plus Eri suddenly getting control of her powers and just how loving long this fight has dragged on have just taken the wind out of the sails of the manga for me.