Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Crusader posted:

jesus gently caress do i love that page when born this way bursts in

please imagine the animation of the panels where Kei walks into the room and Born This Way drifts along the wall, then seemingly passes behind her just as she walks past.

But cool poo poo aside, I’m not sure what’s being implied by the string stuff other than the Spin being a thing—though at this point, with half of the Higashikatas dead or critically injured, Rei dead, and Gappy impaled through the chest, some magical bullshit is going to have to happen soon if we’re going to end up at the flashforward as it was depicted.

It’s either that or we don’t get to the flashforward and the consequences of the final battle involve time getting rewound? Anything Is Possible In JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The true secret is that Josuke has unlocked his own version of Bites the Dust

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe Soft & Wet can also steal stand powers so and it'll trap wonder of u in calamity and joshu will also get poopd on

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm now absolutely dying to see the airplane door crashing through the wall animated.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad that Wonder of U is just Araki revisiting Final Destination powers like with Dragon's Dream and the Thus Rohan about the moon viewing.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm now absolutely dying to see the airplane door crashing through the wall animated.

Do you mean the panel with the outside shot of the hospital? I think that's parts of the vault Josuke smashed up flying out. The door is probably headed for Yasuho.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dragonwagon posted:

Do you mean the panel with the outside shot of the hospital? I think that's parts of the vault Josuke smashed up flying out. The door is probably headed for Yasuho.

I'm guessing Josuke will somehow reverse the flow of calamity or something and the door will hit Tooru instead.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Josuke will somehow reverse the flow of calamity or something and the door will hit Tooru instead.
Oh my goodness, will he rules-lawyer the Stand's effect by somehow getting Tooru to pursue himself? That would be wonderful.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Gonna laugh my rear end off if Born This Way loving demolishes Wonder of U because, technically, Kei isn't pursuing him, the stand does that on its own, sorry! Given how prevalent they were this part - especially since some of them were working for him directly -, you'd think he'd know how Wonder of U interacts with automatic stands... Hahaha

Betting that the airplane door is headed for Yasuho, but it's gonna be diverted somehow. Tooru retreats from the hospital, and THEN he gets properly hosed up by something at the Higashikata estate - maybe the door, maybe Kaato coming to save her son. And I bet that whatever she does - rokokaka merging with Jobin, using her own stand, whatever -, will cause time shenanigans and erase Kei, somehow.

Oooooh, that could be a nice King Crimson-like time fuckery stand, couldn't it?

The power to erase people retroactively from the past? Instead of erasing the cause of something in the present, it erases the causes of something in the present. I don't know, I feel like we're headed for something like that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Chapter owned. I don't know why Josuke talking about his sneakers got me so good, but it did.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Tooru: Break any more of those vials and I will murder you.
Jousuke: Oh? You're pursuing me?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Supersonic Shine posted:

Chapter owned. I don't know why Josuke talking about his sneakers got me so good, but it did.

i mean, he DID pay like 7000 yen for them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vaccine juice is hard to get out you know!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I just caught up on Jojolion for the first time since the start of all this hospital business (beginning with Dr Woo), and that span of content was so good.

JJBA is good, folks.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
when did kei touch tooru (or wonder of you)? or did araki forget how another stand works

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As it turns out Kei touches everyone just to be safe.

Everyone in the hospital is already touched.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

As it turns out Kei touches everyone just to be safe.

Everyone in the hospital is already touched.

We don't actually know how much Kei had already gotten from Holly. In this chapter, it showed a lot of relevant information that Holly wrote on herself - presumably very recent writing, or something that only Kei would be able to decipher without the doctors being alerted -, so it's possible that they had deduced someone at the hospital is an enemy. And, well, Tooru in disguise is working for the hospital, so there's a very good chance Kei and Tooru have met before, and she just habitually marks everyone in case she suddenly needs to throw Born This Way at 'em.

Or touching someone is just a requirement for the automatic pursuit, not for controlling the stand directly.

And speaking of that, doesn't Wonder of U have to touch someone (OR make someone touch something that the stand recently touched) for the calamity to target them?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

For Wonder Of U, I'm pretty sure the only conditions for activation are [pursuit] of Tooru or the Stand. Kei has to touch someone for Born This Way but given all, the chances that Kei had touched Tooru even just by happenstance are high.

The thing with 'touching something he'd already touched' is probably him forcing a loophole in what [pursuit] means.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Her mom’s at the hospital she probably had a lot of occasions to touch things and people

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

That's the real reason why Kei is taking care of her mom

Every single nurse in that place opening a cupboard for a new IV or some poo poo would instantly have Born This Way barreling at 'em

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Born This Way's completely controllable, right? Or at least it doesn't just fire off at people without her say-so?

I had to go back and look for what Wonder of U opened, I guess it was that little medical... fuckin
thing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Patware posted:

Born This Way's completely controllable, right? Or at least it doesn't just fire off at people without her say-so?

I had to go back and look for what Wonder of U opened, I guess it was that little medical... fuckin
thing

whoa whoa whoa. slow down doctor einstein

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pkblitz/status/1342592826845048833?s=20

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if we'll ever see what Iwasuke's stand ability is

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Crossposting these from the fanart thread, and posting here because there are part 6+ references and I don't feel like curating or organizing the post

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Stumbled on the artist posting these on facebook--most of them are jojo, but there's a couple overwatch and a FFVII that I'll put at the top. The artist, NKN, spent 2017 remaking classic comic covers using other properties (mostly jojo). There's a Liefeld version of part 2 that's just utterly perfect.

Artist's website: https://www.deviantart.com/nikunja

There's a ton of these so I'm gonna timg them.

FFVII

Overwatch

Jojos, in no particular order

(reverse concept, it's an iconic Jojo cover but with Batman/Joker)

one of my very favorites

I love this one so much, it's perfect in every detail

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's a shame we never got to see a part 5/6/7 hol horse

rko
Jul 12, 2017
We haven’t seen everything in Caato’s deck of cards tho. Hol’s just gonna fall out and be the Vanilla Ice fight. Just you wait.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

In the SBR universe Hol Horse is an actual horse

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/stickertricker/status/1350398386801930241?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nice, so only another 2-3 years

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we don't even know who the main villain is yet

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

grieving for Gandalf posted:

we don't even know who the main villain is yet

???

Why do people keep saying this? We're currently fighting the head doctor, the guy who seemingly orchestrated everything with the locacaca, and is directly trying to interfere with the active fruit blooming, the thing that has been built up to for like half the series. I sincerely don't know what more you want from a main villain. Yeah this gently caress boy isn't as compelling as Valentine or DIO but they can't all be winners.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's just part 8's RHCP arc

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

???

Why do people keep saying this? We're currently fighting the head doctor, the guy who seemingly orchestrated everything with the locacaca, and is directly trying to interfere with the active fruit blooming, the thing that has been built up to for like half the series. I sincerely don't know what more you want from a main villain. Yeah this gently caress boy isn't as compelling as Valentine or DIO but they can't all be winners.

all of this stuff feels like another Monster of the Week that's run on too long to me, but maybe you're right

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

???

Because we still have Kaato somewhere in the background and the un-named bloke from Chapter 1. Head Doctor just doesn't feel like a jojo final boss at all and we know from the Tsurugi flashforward that things will keep happening after he gets taken down by the Maid.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Maid in Heaven

Did anyone say that yet

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It was said a few months to a year ago that the hospital was the first stage of the finale, it's just that due to the nature of Jojolion compared to other parts there hasn't been an obvious Dio/Kars/Kira/Diavolo/Pucci/Valentine figure occupying over 50% of the story.

Not defending Jojolion, it's easily the least focused Part, but the non-obvious scatty nature of the narrative coupled with it being current and not spoiled 1-3 decades ago makes it makes it hard to know it's actually ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe this will be the part without a “main” villain.