Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If I buy the Broly Blu-ray, Vic doesn't get a penny, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah other than maybe Mr. Satan and maybe bulma I can't think of who else should be included. Like they got a really solid cast of all the big names.

Edit maybe toppo I guess?

Covok posted:

No. Voice actors don't get a penny from physical media sales.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Covok posted:

Anime VAs have terrible terms and conditions so probably not

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Monaghan posted:

Yeah other than maybe Mr. Satan and maybe bulma I can't think of who else should be included. Like they got a really solid cast of all the big names.
Tao Pai Pai.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

I want Super Android 13 only to see him perform a nut punch super on every character

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad to see GT still gets love these days. It'd be so easy to just pretend it never happened, but they still include GT content in games and such and I love it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=24&v=_7o1EGfbVUA&feature=youtu.be

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yup, it's Baby.
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1339611097549078528

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What the heck is this guy

Some kinda SUPA baby?!?!?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So instead of another Goku we get another Vegeta

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Apparently he has a move that infects your other characters with Baby and lets you use them as assists even if they're KO'd

which sounds hilarious

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Meh, let the GT people have what they want. They really have made just about everyone from canon of any note playable at this point. Once they gave us Turtle Hermit, I was good.

do gt fans want super baby vegeta

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The next DBS manga arc is entitled "Granola the Survivor."

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

do gt fans want super baby vegeta

I don't really know what GT fans want but in terms of villains from that part of the franchise that people might want you've basically got him, Tall 17, and whoever from the evil dragons.

Then there's basically some version of SSj4 (they kinda already threw Goku out of contention when they did the kid version, and there was just a Gogeta in the last pass though I don't know if that'd bother anyone), and Uub.

The show made a point of making Pan useless so I doubt anyone actually wants her. You could maybe do something fun if you incorporated the robot that went Dragon Ball hunting with them into her moveset but then that'd be another female character that needs assistance from someone else instead of just being able to fight for themselves in the game which, as a big Saiyaman fan I kind of loved for Videl, but kinda becomes silly when it becomes a pattern. Though I guess that speaks more to how the series as a whole treats female fighters than anything specific to the game

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

if we're digging this deep for character pulls then put baby back in the trash and give me ribrianne

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Baby Vegeta is whatever but they're using his specific abilities to do neat mechanics and that makes me fine with him

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Homora Gaykemi posted:

I don't really know what GT fans want but in terms of villains from that part of the franchise that people might want you've basically got him, Tall 17, and whoever from the evil dragons.

Then there's basically some version of SSj4 (they kinda already threw Goku out of contention when they did the kid version, and there was just a Gogeta in the last pass though I don't know if that'd bother anyone), and Uub.

The show made a point of making Pan useless so I doubt anyone actually wants her. You could maybe do something fun if you incorporated the robot that went Dragon Ball hunting with them into her moveset but then that'd be another female character that needs assistance from someone else instead of just being able to fight for themselves in the game which, as a big Saiyaman fan I kind of loved for Videl, but kinda becomes silly when it becomes a pattern. Though I guess that speaks more to how the series as a whole treats female fighters than anything specific to the game

I haven't been following the game at all, so maybe I'm missing something or they already did it, but is there a reason they couldn't just add Kale/Caulifla/Kefla? Those characters wouldn't need help the way Videl does.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

King of Solomon posted:

I haven't been following the game at all, so maybe I'm missing something or they already did it, but is there a reason they couldn't just add Kale/Caulifla/Kefla? Those characters wouldn't need help the way Videl does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGJLsTexAw

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Kefla's been in for a while, and her intro features Kale and Caulifla fusing.

e:f;b

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm almost surprised MIra and Towa didn't slip in, considering how often they've popped up in game tie-ins.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kurui Reiten posted:

Kefla's been in for a while, and her intro features Kale and Caulifla fusing.

e:f;b

Yeah, that'd do it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blockhouse posted:

Baby Vegeta is whatever but they're using his specific abilities to do neat mechanics and that makes me fine with him

I'll accept him if Goku Black/Zamasu poo poo on him during the intro.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

The next DBS manga arc is entitled "Granola the Survivor."

So wait we're still getting more DBS?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rudoku posted:

I'll accept him if Goku Black/Zamasu poo poo on him during the intro.

Gods in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

So wait we're still getting more DBS?

The manga's still ongoing and unlikely to end anytime soon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rudoku posted:

I'll accept him if Vegeta shits on him during the intro.

edit: actually that makes me kind of want a Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta character so the intros/post-match quotes between him and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta can both poo poo on the other's forms

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

playing as truffles owned in like, one and a half DB BYOND games, so hell yeah i'm here for it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Apparently he has a move that infects your other characters with Baby and lets you use them as assists even if they're KO'd

which sounds hilarious

These guys can be really creative when they want to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The last character will be Mario

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My main question at this point is: what's the catch? There has to be a catch because otherwise if Baby's even halfway decent then he's going to be the only anchor anyone plays

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

My main question at this point is: what's the catch? There has to be a catch because otherwise if Baby's even halfway decent then he's going to be the only anchor anyone plays

Baby's whole thing was that he constantly depends on others (be it by brainwashing them or taking over their bodies) instead of using his own power, so he may be a very weak character that depends entirely on his Assist manipulation and is effectively useless or underpowered on his own.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

I'm guessing it could be a dark phoenix type situtation in which the character is naturally an anchor, but the gimmick of the character is tied to meter.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
he could also just be a wack character

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The last character will be Mario

Farmer with a Shotgun

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The translation for Baby got cleared up: He actually can use his opponent's KO'd characters as assists (which makes more sense)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMMlTCyg8Fw

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thank goodness, I was worried we didn't have enough Goku and Vegetas.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
well, that's me wrong on "they wouldn't put two Gogetas in two consecutive season passes"

kind of glad to have a Super Saiyan 4 though even though the game's replete with Gokus and Vegetas. gimme that glam rock monkey

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

real fuckin disappointed that they went with Another Gogeta instead of any of the other potentially cool options they had. Hell I was dreading an Omega Shenron reveal and they somehow gave us something even more stupid lol

Toppo with some kind of GoD install could have been cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Way too many frames of animation for the authentic GT experience. Sad.