Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Wolf Parade in August 2019. It was my birthday! Probably the best show I’ve ever been to. They didn’t play Semi-Precious Stone but they did jam on California Dreaming for like twelve minutes so that was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

my 2018 was pretty sick. depeche mode in june, nin in october, ghost in december. was planning to see rtj/rage and pet shop boys/new order this year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

what was everyone's last concert they went to in person

mine was the offspring, new years eve at the pearl

Screaming Females Jersey City Garden Party 2020 in February.

I saw them and No Men and two other bands I forgot the names of already and I got a picture with the lead singer of No Men, it was great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

I saw them and No Men and two other bands I forgot the names of already and I got a picture with the lead singer of No Men, it was great.

I was going to go to this but I assumed there'd be plenty of opportunities to go see them in the near future lol. Lmao.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I saw Marcus King. He was real good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I was going to go to this but I assumed there'd be plenty of opportunities to go see them in the near future lol. Lmao.

then let me introduce you to No Men because this show introduced me to them and I love them now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X82uvNYHi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRkgeA_o8wo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYnWbwcKS70

who needs more than a bass guitar and drums

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is very good I like this let's go see some local Jersey hardcore shows when life isn't hell anymore.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

This is very good I like this let's go see some local Jersey hardcore shows when life isn't hell anymore.

One can only hope Nelly puts on a show when all is well in the world

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Last show I went to was Vader, Abysmal Dawn, and Hideous Divinity. Would have been my favorite band Rotting Christ but everything got shut down like a week before they came to town.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Radkey and almost immediately before that Andrew WK

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JOHN CENA posted:

I'm not much of a concert person but the absolute last one I caught was Postmodern Jukebox who came to Malaysia in September 2018, and compared to the two other concert experiences that year (The Xx, Anderson Paak), they were horribly disappointing. No fun riffs, no improvisations, just well executed songs that felt like I could've been watching them on YouTube or something. Come on, play cover of modern song that's indistinguishable from the recorded versions, repeat till end. Except for one bit where the saxophone player busted out Careless Whisper for like 4 seconds in the middle of a different song.

Paak and Xx were excellent tho. Paak absolutely killed it in the performance.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Define concert because technically I was present at gigs where people were employed as musical acts but ignoring those I'd have to go back to a Wombats (and also I guess the Pixies and Weezer technicaly) show from ages ago (2018).

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

haven't been to one in a few years since i don't really have the time anymore but at least i got to go to Tragically Hips last show here in 2016 before Gord passed away.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the last movie I saw in an actual theatre was Cats lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seams posted:

This time last year I was begging the thread to go see Cats.

Bustopher Jones

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

screamales is great.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seams posted:

mine was the impractical jokers movie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tenet.... it wasn't all that special :smith:

I did finish Pillars of Eternity 2 though, and it's great!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I finished Kiwami 2 yesterday and immediately jumped into Yakuza 3

Game is clunky as hell and the character models are bit rough (what’s up with they giant hands?) but then I bashed a dude’s head in with a giant tuna and cockblocked some horny kid so I don’t mind the 2009 PS3-ness that much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Late January for the PC releases of 3-5, February for 6, hell to the loving yes. Gonna spend most of 2021 playing Yakuza, just like God intended.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Tenet.... it wasn't all that special :smith:

I did finish Pillars of Eternity 2 though, and it's great!

I thought Tenet was awesome but I have no idea what was happening and i’m a mark for Pattinson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Movie definitely improves in the back half when you finally have context for the first half, but the main character was incredibly underwhelming and his entire demeanor and sense of entitlement felt really bizarrely out of place and unearned. When he was just being a special ops dude doing special ops things he worked well, but then in regular scenes interacting with other people he'd act like he was in a Roger Moore James Bond movie in other scenes, and that really only works if you're being either super self-aware or incredibly campy, and the movie didn't seem to be either.

I did like Pattinson though!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Critical posted:

and pet shop boys/new order this year

Color me loving jealous.

I haven't been to a concert in years, however, I did take my daughter and my step-stepdaughter to see Heathers the musical in the summer of 2019.

Breaking it to them that the musical was based on a movie during the ride home was one of the year's personal highlights.

Edit - Actually, now that I recall, my last concert was seeing Rush on what turned out to be their farewell tour. God that was such an amazing show.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 21, 2020

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I saw Lucero for the millionth time last February in Johnson City. They’re my favorite band so fitting they were the last. Had tickets for Against Me! in March but that was canceled right as all this poo poo started.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I've never done a concert. Or any sort of a thing with a massive crowd. I was planning to go to my first big wrestling show ever. AEW in Boston in April.
sigh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

This time last year I was begging the thread to go see Cats.

Bustopher Jones

Everyone should watch cats

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Color me loving jealous.

I got sticker shock looking at the ticket prices for that one. 5th row for Ghost cost me $60, same seat for PSB was like $400. I was getting cheaper tickets with my next paycheck when the world turned upside down.

It was also amusing to be singing along to Everything Counts at the DM concert after dropping $200 to get in the door and $80 for a t-shirt and hat combo.

Best value concert was a $20 ticket to see Perturbator in Boston. Had like 4 rad openers and then my chest almost caved in from the bass during the main set.

Edit: Also saw Henry Rollins do a spoken word gig for $10 years and years ago and got to talk to him for a bit after the show.

Critical fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 21, 2020

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My last concert was Guns N' Roses in 2017. The event was impressively poorly organized and the crowd was full of dumb assholes, but I got to see Axl and Slash together on stage and that's something I never thought I'd experience in my life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doc M posted:

My last concert was Guns N' Roses in 2017. The event was impressively poorly organized and the crowd was full of dumb assholes, but I got to see Axl and Slash together on stage and that's something I never thought I'd experience in my life.

did axl ask to be given some reggae

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t even want to talk about Fest being canceled this year. Three days of punk, wrestling, booze and pizza. At least I got to see Jawbreaker there last year before everything went to poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My last concert was a record release for local band Bacchae the Friday before the Monday when everything was shut down. :(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Last concert I went to I think was the Cleveland orchestra. They were free tickets so I don't remember what they played.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

JOHN CENA posted:

Tegan and Sara last October, which feels like a decade ago.

I kind of hope bands keep streaming shows occasionally because I'm way more likely to "attend" that way. Partly because a lot of acts don't come up here and partly because I'm a homebody with a dog to take care of, a full time job, and an early morning exercise routine.

Last movie I saw in a cinema might have been Endgame. Cinemas are too much effort.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the last movie i saw in theaters was Cats. the last concert i went to was They Might Be Giants several years before the plague happened. Flansburgh looked like he was going to have a heart attack on stage.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The last movie I saw in theaters was either Cats or Parasite. The last concert was either the Japanese band Perfume or the boomer band Electric Light Orchestra. My memory is very shaky.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the godfather part 2. that was the name of the band

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins posted:

the last movie i saw in theaters was Cats. the last concert i went to was They Might Be Giants several years before the plague happened. Flansburgh looked like he was going to have a heart attack on stage.

tmbg was a great concert, they both made hard eye contact with me at points and their beautiful sweaty dad strength transferred into me

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I think Gorillaz last year was my latest concert. The only live thing I got to see this year was when Mega64 did their show in Philly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the last movie I saw in a theater was MOTY Sonic the Hedgehog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my email account tells me Parasite was the last cinema trip i made, in february