Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the dallas edition of cyberpunk has a hair slider instead of dick options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

In maybe a year we graduated from bikes being thrown into rivers, to motorized razor scooters being thrown into rivers, to electric scooters being thrown into rivers. Welcome to the future.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

the dallas edition of cyberpunk has a hair slider instead of dick options

The beehive hairdo gets its own slider.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dameius posted:

The beehive hairdo gets its own slider.

It goes from B52s all the way to Marge Simpson.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Man if I could have a character with a fully meshed and wired Marge hairdo I'd do it in a second.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
The Dr. Pepper malt from Whataburger kinda tastes like chocolate cherries.

Yall're welcome.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
There's a Dr. Pepper Dark Berry that I've seen sold in a Little Caeser's near me that is loving delicious, but now it's gone.

Anyone else seen this elusive elixir?

(Pepp chat is pure TX politics, that is a hill I will die on)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my 90 y/o grandma was born in Amarillo and lives off the stuff

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea Dr. Pepper was from Texas, and when I moved here all the Texans would be like "THIS IS OUR SPECIALITY, DR PEPPER," and I'd be really confused as to why. It's available everywhere on the West Coast.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I didn't know it was from Tx either. I was just sipping on a nice malted dr pepper shake at like 2am while working, as you do, and decided to continue our neverending foodchat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JosefStalinator posted:

I had no idea Dr. Pepper was from Texas, and when I moved here all the Texans would be like "THIS IS OUR SPECIALITY, DR PEPPER," and I'd be really confused as to why. It's available everywhere on the West Coast.

I wouldn’t know because Ive never been to the cursed west coast

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my wife was an extra on some extremely lovely pilot for a panel show, the only "stars" I remember being there were Andrew dice clay and tom green. Tom green had his first dr pepper ever and kept talking about how good it was

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Dr. Pepper: More addictive than Coke.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
When I moved to Georgia they would offer me mr pibb instead of Dr Pepper. Sherman didn’t do a good enough job IMO.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

spaced ninja posted:

When I moved to Georgia they would offer me mr pibb instead of Dr Pepper. Sherman didn’t do a good enough job IMO.

What kinda soda you like?

MR. PIBB?! gently caress THAT poo poo!

DOC
TOR
PEPPER

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Oh, God, I miss Dublin Dr. Pepper. What's a goon to do now that Cadbury's done what it does and murdered something beautiful to save a few pennies?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Oh, God, I miss Dublin Dr. Pepper. What's a goon to do now that Cadbury's done what it does and murdered something beautiful to save a few pennies?

One of the reasons they pulled the Dublin rights is they started producing the same recipe nationally as their, "throwback," in the green cans. But then the rona hit and the can shortage came and its production went on hiatus. I found some glass bottles around the Fourth though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dameius posted:

One of the reasons they pulled the Dublin rights is they started producing the same recipe nationally as their, "throwback," in the green cans. But then the rona hit and the can shortage came and its production went on hiatus. I found some glass bottles around the Fourth though.

I was gonna post this. The throwback is just the old Dublin formula, but it's still better out of a bottle.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

When I went to Mexico in the early '00s I was very disappointed you couldn't find Dr. Pepper anywhere. There was Coke though, and the Manzanita or whatever it's called (apple soda) which was nice.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mastajake posted:

When I went to Mexico in the early '00s I was very disappointed you couldn't find Dr. Pepper anywhere. There was Coke though, and the Manzanita or whatever it's called (apple soda) which was nice.

I have two vivid memories of my trip to Mexico when I was a little kid: drinking a Mexican coke on the snorkeling boat, and being too sunburned to eat a hamburger

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Costco sells crates of bottled Mexican cokes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah I'm not saying I can't get Mexican coke, I can and do. I'm saying that was my memory from being in Mexico

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good lord i miss mexico. i should be in chiapas rn

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ixtapa was about a million times better than cozumel, but seeing tulum was badass

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah I'm not saying I can't get Mexican coke, I can and do. I'm saying that was my memory from being in Mexico

For sure wasn't trying to say otherwise. Just spreading the good word.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

JosefStalinator posted:

I grew up in Canada and it was always there, no idea until I moved here :) Actually, before I moved to Texas I heard there were 2 versions of Dr. Pepper for a while, one by a major soda company and one from what I assume was the original bottler under license with cane sugar?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

Ixtapa was about a million times better than cozumel, but seeing tulum was badass

drive into the mountains, it's way better than the resorts on the coasts. i want to retire in a log cabin southwest of monterrey

if i ever slum it on a beach again, i'd rent a place in tulum for sure though

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Big K of Justice posted:

I grew up in Canada and it was always there, no idea until I moved here :) Actually, before I moved to Texas I heard there were 2 versions of Dr. Pepper for a while, one by a major soda company and one from what I assume was the original bottler under license with cane sugar?

That is the Dublin Dr. Pepper from above. The Dublin refers to the town in Texas where the factory was at. Like also mentioned above, its no longer made there because the national brand now produces it as a throwback in a green can and in 8oz bottles.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe the fact that Dr. Pepper lost top billing in its umbrella corporation is a sign that the brand is dying.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I’ve only really been able to find the pepper throwbacks in bottles at Randall’s here in Houston. But all the other sodas Dublin makes are really good as well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

One of the other draws of Dublin Dr Pepper was that it used Imperial Sugar so it was entirely "Texas sourced" when it was being produced. I'm sure they use sugarcane but it just isn't the same without our precious in house brand ya know?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I prefer pibb to dr. pepper please don't destroy me

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BoosterDuck posted:

get out

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Mexican coke > Dr. Pepper

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm so texan that any other dark soda (Coke, Pepsi, etc) makes me legit gag, they are gross.

I can do about 20 oz. Of Mr. Pibb before I feel like vomiting.

Root beers are the exception, all are delicious in their own fashion.

Dr. Pepper above all, says I.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Having a Dr. Pepper opinion is easy, real Texans will stan for Big Red.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love Dr. Pepper, but after I decided to quit caffeine and save it for when I really needed to stay awake, I stopped drinking it.

Big Red is trash.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Alright food chat, next up in our rotation is leftist infighting.

Here, let me help --

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/democrats-elections-congress-turnout/

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Big Red doesn't have a flavor. It doesn't taste red, it tastes Big Red. I think it's supposed to be bubble gum or something?

Circus Peanuts, for example, are just banana flavored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BoosterDuck posted:

get a rope