Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

tmbg was a great concert, they both made hard eye contact with me at points and their beautiful sweaty dad strength transferred into me

Did they play a song named after your town because they have so many named after towns they do it at a lot of shows and did it at mine. I love TMBG but it's not something I can always put on due to it's nerdiness but it was genuinely one of the best performances I've seen just energetic and fun and amazing choices for the set list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that band is the star wars of music. and the David fincher of music

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Did they play a song named after your town because they have so many named after towns they do it at a lot of shows and did it at mine. I love TMBG but it's not something I can always put on due to it's nerdiness but it was genuinely one of the best performances I've seen just energetic and fun and amazing choices for the set list.

Yea they opened with the Asbury Park Stone Pony song, which is where I was seeing them. They didn't play my favorite big song of theirs (Ana Ng) but they played a ton of smaller ones that I adore plus one they hadn't played in like 20 years which was very nice.

I miss going to see local punk bands I'd never heard of play at dive bars, that's the group experience I miss the most.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Last movie I saw in the theater was Sonic the Hedgehog with my buddy right after he returned from the Philippines without his wife. His son is having some development issues and his wife's family offered to pay for speech and mobility therapy there. So he came back without his family, we saw Sonic and got a burger at this odd local sit down chain that used to send out 2 for 1 coupons for their $20 burgers.

Then both Canada and the Philippines went into shut down. So his son's therapy was cut short. Then his wife was trapped there for months, at the family estate, without most of her family, because island to island flights remained completely shut down. So he missed his kid's birthday and didnt see him for like three or four months.

ChrisBTY posted:

I've never done a concert. Or any sort of a thing with a massive crowd. I was planning to go to my first big wrestling show ever. AEW in Boston in April.
sigh
I have also never done a concert or a wrestling show and was hoping to go to an AEW show this year assuming the rumors of a GTA show were true.

I am still hoping to meet many a wrestle goon whenever that happens though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just lying to get under the skin of my friend in that last post. the star wars of music is weezer and the david fincher of music is the guy who genuinely just is the david fincher of music all the drat time

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the last time i was in a theater it was to see miami connection at midnight. that was where i was coming home from late on the night of the skunk story. i saw jeff mangum do his in the aeroplane over the sea tour thing a few years ago where he was playing it in cathedrals and churches, which was cool. not really a live music fan. sorry for my bad posting ethos.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I watched Fincher's latest movie Mank and I think the moral of the film was alcoholism is good and makes you successful.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I watched Fincher's latest movie Mank and I think the moral of the film was alcoholism is good and makes you successful.

The moral of it is that Hollywood's long storied history of pissing on Orson Welles' grave is alive and well

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Pinkerton is really the The Empire Strikes Back of Weezer

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Last movie I saw in theaters was 1917.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

i snuck in seeing Invisible Man opening night right before covid became A Thing. good movie. miss seeing movies.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've been watching a lot of live music and music documentaries lately to try to even get something close to the taste of actually going to bars and seeing shows.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My last movie in theaters was Detective Pikachu. I don't get to the movies much.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

My Last movie was bill and ted 3 in that brief period between uk lockdowns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

When I saw Andrew WK, he changed "I Love New York City" to "I Love Chocolate City" for a cheap pop.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my last theatrical film was Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, b/c that was the last time I had the time, the cash, the inclination, and someone to go with. it proved disappointing :smith:

my last live event in general was a WWE house show from a couple of years ago. that managed to fuckin rule, despite the fed’s best efforts

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i tried to go to that show, but i couldn't get a plane ticket

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

J-RU I can happily say that Pillars of Eternity 2 has finally stuck. I'm in there deep. I was so excited to find out I could name Islands if I discovered them and explored them completely. Also I spent a whole day just wandering around and talking to people on that 2nd big mountain city.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I encourage everyone to go look at the Jupiter/Saturn alignment right now it's beautiful and won't happen again in our lifetimes for the majority of us.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my city is under a thick blanket of clouds because a winter storm is rolling in :v: no alignment for us

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
last concert i went to was either an of montreal concert or a streetlight manifesto concert idk what month b/c i go whenever they come around

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
except no one wants to go with me any more

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

J-RU I can happily say that Pillars of Eternity 2 has finally stuck. I'm in there deep. I was so excited to find out I could name Islands if I discovered them and explored them completely. Also I spent a whole day just wandering around and talking to people on that 2nd big mountain city.

Hell yeah, it's just so BIG!

Joey McChrist posted:

my city is under a thick blanket of clouds because a winter storm is rolling in :v: no alignment for us

Yeah, the weather didn't cooperate for me either :smith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another cool POE 2 update. I got a new ship and updated my main ship and changed its name. Then one day someone snuck a box inside my ship with a ghost inside of it. It talked to me and was like aw yeah awesome it's really you the captain of the defiance. Since I had changed the name of my ship the game gave me the option to be like Actually it's called The Pearl now. I love games like this!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of the few downsides of the game is that I wish the ship stuff had been a bit more robust, particularly to give you more reasons to actually explore it more than once and use the time to chat to your crew and your party. The naval combat is also sadly fairly generic and never really changes once you establish how it works, so for the most part I just upgraded my ship and would just tank through an attack to board and have an in-game fight instead of the text based stuff.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I started Death Stranding again because the ps4 version has photo mode now, and I love the look of this game. I'm not usually a photorealism head, but Kojima Productions just get vibes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my mgs series playthrough is going well. i just stamina killed The End which was fun. ah what a lovely series of games.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I always headshot him right after that cutscene with him in the wheelchair. If you stand in the same spot for too long a wheel from his chair will fly at your head and knock you down from the explosion. Perfect game.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya i like doing that. im tryin to get all camo and crap though for fun so u gotta stamina kill all these assholes

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Did you eat his bird?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
At this point I can only stamina kill The Boss. It just doesn't feel right for me if it's not a CQC fight

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

when i was a young brash gamer i just usually tossed on the thermal goggles, tanked a hit, then tracked him via his footsteps until i ran his rear end down with the shotgun

now i enjoy the whole sniper vs sniper thing and do that instead. great game.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

when i was a kid i got grounded and when i turned my ps2 back on after a month he died of old age. a perfect boss fight

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Getting all the camo and stuff in MGS3 sounds tempting to me, but then I shudder at the thought of shooting all those drat toy frogs, several of which are hidden during the rail shooter segment.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

its only 4 frogs in the motorcycle thing. it can be frustrating though for sure

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just tried to make a deal with a pirate lord but then she was like bruh you killed one of my captains. I killed this lady when she rammed my ship like 10 hours ago. I love how much stuff this game tracks. It really feels like you're in a world that is alive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I killed that dude too but was still able to make a deal with her, I can't remember if I had to find stuff to make her okay with it all or if it was just a matter of running through diplomacy checks (I was playing an Old Vailian Deathlike Artist) but we ended up being on really good terms. Endgame spoiler then I used her to steal a ghost ship, abandoned her to wait with a giant fleet of pirates thinking I was going to lead them to untold treasure while I helped out the native population instead, and she tracked me all the way down through a super-storm to throw down. It absolutely ruled.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm down for the natives - never side with colonists or pirates.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
On break and been playing Cyberpunk but not all the time.

Whenever I am not playing, I feel like I’m just days away from the game getting substantially better in one way or another. Weird feeling.

I should just go back to Valhalla until it’s fixed but I like walking up to people and shotgunning them in the face. I am the cyber punk, 2077.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Beat Yakuza 7 and outside of 1 ending sequence plot point (ending spoiler)Mirror Face loved it