Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

oddium posted:

big hat's coming back for chapter 1000 awooooooooooooooooo

Chapter 1000 will simply be a 17 page spread of the big hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Chapter 1000's final page ends with Kaido's body zipped apart like a giant coat. Inside sits a realistic, properly porportioned duck, just like you'd find on earth. It quacks and flies away.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Spoilers are out already... Stay safe folks...

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I don’t want to know what they are. Just tell me if it’s worthy of the 1000th chapter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shut up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone said Koido, yet?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm thinking Yamato will leave (along with some of the Red Scabbards) but with Marco to meet the crew that Oden and Ace served with and then come back around with their own boat as part of the Straw Hat Armada

It'll be hard for him to leave with a bunch of corpses.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

this was funnier and more legible in my head

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
We just need someone to ask Kaido what happened to the scabbards now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm thinking Yamato will leave (along with some of the Red Scabbards) but with Marco to meet the crew that Oden and Ace served with and then come back around with their own boat as part of the Straw Hat Armada

If he's really Oden tho he's got to join up with the strongest crew around, which is our lovable goofballs. Could go eitherway, but it's always neat seeing more parallel's between Strawhat's and Roger.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panic Restaurant posted:

Chapter 1000 will simply be a 17 page spread of the big hat

Just 20 pages of it rising on bird-like legs to reveal a cluster of eggs before trundling off into the sea once more like godzilla.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

It’s kinda cool how there’s the Elder Stars, and then “Vega” punk, named after the brightest star beside the sun itself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
[Spoler]Goku is here again

He says "hello Luffy" again, but this time he looks slightly miffed!!!![/spoiler]

Edit: oh no!!!!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alkanphel posted:

I really like this theory and I think it could be quite close to the one Oda has in mind.

Here's how I expect the scene to play out on Raftel -

Robin: It says here on the Poneglyph that whosoever comes to Raftel to find the One Piece at a certain time is destined to overthrow the one known as Imu. Luffy, it appears as if you are that Chosen One.

Luffy: (picks nose) But I don't care about some stupid prophecy. I found One Piece and I'm the Pirate King now, I don't have to do anything.

Robin: But it also says whosoever fulfills the prophecy shall receive a lifetime supply of meat...

Luffy: Okay, I'm in.

Robin: ...Alcohol...

Zoro: I'm in, too.

Robin: ...And beautiful women.

Sanji: Me three.

Robin: (giggles)

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Countdown
https://onepiece-1000logs.com/

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Peacoffee posted:

It’s kinda cool how there’s the Elder Stars, and then “Vega” punk, named after the brightest star beside the sun itself.

Oh goddammit.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

Oh goddammit.

Er, I suppose I should have said “one of the most studied and visible, historically” stars besides the sun, not brightest. But still cool!

e: oh, huh, I also forgot that Lyra is five stars with Vega as its brightest. And the lyre of orpheus was said to be able to reach and charm even inanimate objects (oh sure, yeah, but can it feed a dog fruit to a gun???)

e2: this just generally reminds me of how much their voyage resembles the argonautica. A large sprawling ocean romance epic, with colorful episodes (including one in which a man demands a boxing match from the crew). A prophecy of a man missing a sandal (wearing a straw hat?) toppling the established order. Luffy and the strawhats, aboard their ship made from sturdy wood of a sacred forest, off on a quest for the one fleece, er, piece.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 22, 2020

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rumor has it that chapter 1000 will be the entire finale of OP released at once. It will be 1000-regular chapters long drawn by Oda during the timeskip break.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Turns out that the One Piece is actually the “Twenty Twenty-One Piece,” Oda’s been planning its discovery to herald the end of Hellyear all this time.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Chapter 1000 will have vegapunk show up and explain the will of d the origin of devil fruit the secret of laugh tale the big hat the oligarchy of celestial dragons and finally the meaning of the one piece and then oda dies

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One Piece? More like One Thousand Pieces!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
One Piece 1000 will be an issue of Jump where you open it up and a swimsuit falls out

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

It would be great if Chapter 1000 started off with the same intro as Chapter 1. Feel like the story should return to the day of Roger’s execution at some point, knowing everything about him that we do now.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Chapter 1000 is gonna be the start of the longest flashback arc yet; a thorough accounting of Gol D. Roger’s Adventure from start to finish, including the bits with Oden we just saw.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
folks its gonna be the 400th chapter since caribou showed up!!! our favorite character!!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i am tim! posted:

Chapter 1000 is gonna be the start of the longest flashback arc yet; a thorough accounting of Gol D. Roger’s Adventure from start to finish, including the bits with Oden we just saw.

1000 chaptesr later: and now, we return to our heroes

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i just realized how hosed luffy is when he actually gets to the top of the skull cuz they're both just chilling there

also i think big mom mentioning the ponegliff this chapter is gonna serve as a way to get her out of the story in the end. like she betrays kaido by leaving him during the fight or whatever, and lets her be an antagonist in the future / potentially on elbaf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just don't see her being a proper villain once kaidou gets beaten in terms of someone the straw hats fight

Like she thinks a fight against kaidou is hopeless so if he loses his is she a threat?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jose posted:

I just don't see her being a proper villain once kaidou gets beaten in terms of someone the straw hats fight

Like she thinks a fight against kaidou is hopeless so if he loses his is she a threat?

We saw effectively stalemate him for hours. Kaidou would definitely win, but the power gap isn't large. If the Straw Hats have to fight the Big Mom Pirates without any allies, they're going to have some trouble!

Though the obvious place to fight Big Mom after this would be Elbaf, where they'd have a lot of strong allies (the giants).

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

We saw effectively stalemate him for hours. Kaidou would definitely win, but the power gap isn't large. If the Straw Hats have to fight the Big Mom Pirates without any allies, they're going to have some trouble!

Though the obvious place to fight Big Mom after this would be Elbaf, where they'd have a lot of strong allies (the giants).

They're pretty much equal in power, not sure why you'd ever say he'd definitely win? Especially when we just had that Ace story come out and say they're both equal.

Jose posted:

Why would she stop being a threat? No one we've seen in the Marines were even close to being strong as Whitebeard individually, but they are still a global threat all the same. Big Mom and Kaido are the strongest characters currently in the story, she isn't just someone Luffy can knock over even if he beats Kaido

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
wtf is caribou up to. whats the point of him knowing about shirahoshi now.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Asuron posted:

Big Mom and Kaido are the strongest characters currently in the story, she isn't just someone Luffy can knock over even if he beats Kaido

that's why Zoro is gonna beat Kaido

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m wondering how this poo poo is gonna go down, because I can definitely see Zoro grievously injuring Kaido, and I can definitely see him beating him with Robin or someone else (but probably her, Nami needs to help Luffy beat Big Mom to get her poo poo back) as support, I can’t see him outright beating someone that literally one-shot Luffy, unless Oda is *really* dedicated to making Luffy look like a scrub compared to Zoro even beyond the past eight years.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I feel like it’s gonna be Jimbe, Nami, Nico Robin, Brook, and Chopper who are gonna take on Big Mom while Luffy, Zoro, and the rest of the super novas are going to take on Kaido.

And when things get really serious Zoro is gonna open up his eye to reveal his sharingan.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I gotta be honest here, I'm getting a little bored of big mom. She's fine here but I don't want her on yet another island as a main villain, at least without some kind of tangible change.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope Big Mom just keeps chasing Luffy in every arc.

Like when Luffy is tackling the World Government and fighting Akainu, BAM, Big Mom out of nowhere!

Final battle with Blackbeard for the One Piece's truth? BAM! You guess it, Big Mom's back!!!!!

Showdown with KING GOD EMPEROR IM? Well, guess who invited herself to the party! It's that infamous party-loving pirate BIG MOM.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I hope Big Mom just keeps chasing Luffy in every arc.

Like when Luffy is tackling the World Government and fighting Akainu, BAM, Big Mom out of nowhere!

Final battle with Blackbeard for the One Piece's truth? BAM! You guess it, Big Mom's back!!!!!

Showdown with KING GOD EMPEROR IM? Well, guess who invited herself to the party! It's that infamous party-loving pirate BIG MOM.

This would actually be pretty great if her crew grew increasingly exasperated with their constant appearances after collectively agreeing to cut their losses after Wano, not gonna lie.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
kaido's downfall will come in chapter 1000 when tama sneaks him a dumpling

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Last Celebration posted:

This would actually be pretty great if her crew grew increasingly exasperated with their constant appearances after collectively agreeing to cut their losses after Wano, not gonna lie.

I'd love if it she got jobbed each time like with Jimbei's shoulder throw or Franky Tank. When she finally arrives after the climatic final battle, literally foaming at the mouth with seething hatred, running towards Luffy at full tilt, Chopper extends one teensy cloven hoof and she trips and eats poo poo. THE END.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Don't forget queen head dropping onto her