Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

literally canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Sally posted:

gottta take a breath at some point.

You can't breathe through your nose?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That’s actually pretty good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Thump! posted:

You can't breathe through your nose?

A dick should block your windpipe.

Otherwise it's just a clit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

But that's (stereotypical) Scouse.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The last page caused my phone to crash, did I miss anything good or was it all just autofellatio discussion?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

RFC2324 posted:

The last page caused my phone to crash, did I miss anything good or was it all just autofellatio discussion?

You did, and all of it was autofellatio discussion

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Wrong thread

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

that means Uncle Scrooge was a dragon

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
he was a drake

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

Sounds like a good way to gently caress up your back.

YES! I'VE DONE IT! I'VE CLOSED THE LOOP AND COME FULL CIRCLE! MAYBE NOW WE CAN FINALLY BE FREE

Closing the loop and coming full circle is exactly what my ribs are preventing. Try to pay attention.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

:dadjoke:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Heyooooo, lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:goofy:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

:vincefrog:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Really appreciate the smooth animation of this emote

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Flint_Paper posted:

Sounds like a good way to gently caress up your back.

YES! I'VE DONE IT! I'VE CLOSED THE LOOP AND CUM FULL CIRCLE! MAYBE NOW WE CAN FINALLY BE FREE

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Flint_Paper posted:

I'VE CLOSED THE LOOP

Closing The Loop would be a 7/10 slang term for the act.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

A dick should block your windpipe.

Otherwise it's just a clit.

This is extremely distressing news.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

This is extremely distressing news.

Maybe you just have a big windpipe.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Covid Nointeen

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I've never felt more seen in this thread.

Seriously, what kind of hosed up procrastination-like thing makes me do this. It's not even replacing it with mindless/doom scrolling, I don't get it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Schurik posted:

Seriously, what kind of hosed up procrastination-like thing makes me do this. It's not even replacing it with mindless/doom scrolling, I don't get it.

I think it's a pacing thing.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

It’s the Netflix algorithm loving with you, too. Nothing happens in the middle of an episode. Everything is the last five minutes and the first ten

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Schurik posted:

It's a LOT easier to watch 8 1 hour episodes of a show in a row, because if something comes up, it's easier to walk away from, and easier to start up again when you get back.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kheldarn posted:

It's a LOT easier to watch 8 1 hour episodes of a show in a row, because if something comes up, it's easier to walk away from, and easier to start up again when you get back.

In what way? Pause the movie, walk away, come back. There's no difference.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This is good.

I've no idea why but this is loving with my brain more than any optical illusion I've seen.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
It really depends what you're watching. Modern television tends strongly toward the sitcom model, where nothing really changes between episodes, which was specifically designed to make it easier to skip episodes but still feel like you understand what's going on.

Older TV and some newer TV (Game of Thrones and Mandalorian spring to mind) are more content-dense, like movies, and I find them similarly difficult to commit to watching. Looking at your phone for even a couple minutes can leave you completely lost, so you really have to engage with the content if you're going to understand or care about it at all.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Does modern tv tend towards the self contained episode formula? I mostly just watch poo poo like the golden girls when I am watching tv but one thing I notice is that whenever a series gets picked up by Netflix from broadcast TV it usually abandons self contained episodes altogether. The streaming experience kind of seems to want to push long form connected plots which is how I assume most people watch tv now?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Depends. The current hotness is TV shows having series-long storylines, but the best ones make sure to have each episode have a beginning, middle, and end point.

I remember the 1st season of Westworld being incredibly infuriating because it treated itself like a 10-hour movie, so nothing really happens until episode 6-7. Since it was on HBO it had a week between episodes and it just prolonged the irritation when waiting to figure out what the previous episode had to do with what's up next.

Meanwhile, the The Mandalorian has almost all their episodes neatly wrap themselves up in their respective time frame, so you don't feel beholden to remember what happened last episode or 2 for the plot to make sense.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

j/o j/o

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is that a McAfee thing?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus