Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just his whole opinion of the last episode. CGI Luke skywalker saving the day while a half dozen of the galaxys most ultimate badasses point guns at a door and the seasons terrifying bad guy acts like a catty bitch was just so deflating and anti-climactic to me. I mostly loved this whole season but the ending just made the whole thing seem so pointless. Also like Chris, however, I'm on board for the boba fett S3 because the stinger at the very end was very cool

Edit: apologies!

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I agree, but you might wanna spoiler that. The episode isn't even a week old yet.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
(mando finale) tbh, Luke effortlessly mowing through the biggest threats on the ship while the main cast stares in awe felt like an apology to Reddit for him having flaws in TLJ. So, yeah. #CabinisRight

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the only thing I disagree with Cabin on is looking forward to Boba stuff just because I'm genuinely so tired of Fett going from a dude who did literally nothing in the trillogy to the ultimate unbeatable bounty hunter and would kill for a bounty hunter show about literally any other bounty hunter.

Give me The Book of Dengar, you cowards :argh: Show me what that nasty lil egg man's up to!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They need to do Star Wars Babies already. All the characters are babies and go to the same daycare and all of their adventures are imagination. Give me that.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

dorium posted:

They need to do Star Wars Babies already. All the characters are babies and go to the same daycare and all of their adventures are imagination. Give me that.

Then they cut to random clips of the OG Muppet Show all the time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hockles posted:

Then they cut to random clips of the OG Muppet Show all the time.

And when the OG muppets start imagining things it cuts to clips from the rugrats

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When one guys bellows RANGERS! what is he referencing?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baron Porkface posted:

When one guys bellows RANGERS! what is he referencing?

It's obviously Zordon from The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

It's obviously Zordon from The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

It feels more 50's to me.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

dorium posted:

I got Trek Babies.... kinda

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Nope. Don’t like that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Worf looks like a Supermarionation puppet and everyone else looks varying degrees of horrifying except Geordi because his eyes aren't visible or huge as saucers.

Edit: and Riker has a lazy eye.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Beer_Suitcase posted:

ok, new idea. Star Trek Babies playing in a malfunctioning holodeck, cause the Star Wars universe to be created and because its malfunctioning, the quality level of star wars is as consistent as its been in our universe (bad) and those star wars babies dream in Baby Looney Tunes with plenty of crossover from Marvel Babies and Watchmen Babies.

the Babies universe. tell me that wouldnt make trillions of dollars.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

tell me that wouldnt make trillions of dollars.

That would not make trillions of dollars.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

That would not make trillions of dollars.

you severely underestimate consumers need to eat poo poo and say its great *looks at Cyberpunk 2077* :colbert:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

you severely underestimate consumers need to eat poo poo and say its great *looks at Cyberpunk 2077* :colbert:

Hasn't that game been pulled from console stores and both Microsoft and Sony is offering refunds on it? Is it making "trillions"?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

Hasn't that game been pulled from console stores and both Microsoft and Sony is offering refunds on it? Is it making "trillions"?

it sold through 13 million copies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

it sold through 13 million copies.

Because it looked great. And then everyone got it and found out the truth.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Soup du Jour posted:

I loving love the Gonzo impressions

All of their muppet impressions were pretty on point.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Man I tried really hard to do the watch along with the commentary to get the proper experience. I gave up halfway through cause if I'm listening to one I tune out the other. This was with one earbud in so I'd hear the boys in one and the film in the other but it just made both worse. (Didn't help that I had to rewind when I realised the"shorten silences" feature in overcast was killing the sync :doh:)

What's the best method, just turn off audio and listen to the guys while you watch with subtitles? I've also only seen Die Hard once previously (though I think I remember most of it) so maybe it works best when you know the film inside out and don't need to listen to it properly?

Anyways, merry Christmas and happy holiday to all you goons and fellow whm fans.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

When listening to one of the commentarys I have the movie playing on the TV and the commentary playing on my phone next to me. I do tend to focus in on either the movie or the commentary at one time or another, I think that's just a thing that will always happen if you've got the soundtracks going at similar levels.

I've noticed I always seem to fall out of sync and have to adjust it a few times throughout, maybe I need to check if my podcast player has that feature also...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I typically watch on my computer, so I'll have the Patreon website open and whatever streaming service I am using open as well. I turn the volume down to where I can still kind of hear the movie, but the main audio volume comes from the Patreon commentary tab. Once I get it set up at the start, as long as I don't get interrupted and have to pause, it's usually very sync'd up.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Jesus, I thought Star Trek: A Final Unity on the PC had the creepiest rendered versions of the characters but there we go, wrong again....

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

jojoinnit posted:

Man I tried really hard to do the watch along with the commentary to get the proper experience. I gave up halfway through cause if I'm listening to one I tune out the other. This was with one earbud in so I'd hear the boys in one and the film in the other but it just made both worse. (Didn't help that I had to rewind when I realised the"shorten silences" feature in overcast was killing the sync :doh:)

What's the best method, just turn off audio and listen to the guys while you watch with subtitles? I've also only seen Die Hard once previously (though I think I remember most of it) so maybe it works best when you know the film inside out and don't need to listen to it properly?

Anyways, merry Christmas and happy holiday to all you goons and fellow whm fans.

I get really frustrated if the sync is off and since i tend to get distracted while watching and have to keep rewinding, keeping sync is a pain in the rear end. So what i do (and i do not recommend this unless its really important to you) is demux the movie into video and audio streams, mix the commentary into the centre audio channel using audacity, then remux into a complete file again. oby its a longwinded process but i cant do it any other way

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I listen to the commentary on headphones and the movie is silent with subtitles on. Obviously that isn't great for movies I haven't seen before but it didn't seem to hurt all of the twilightmentarys. Still don't know what any of those people sound like, other than mike dexter

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I have a bluetooth speaker so I just have the movie audio running through whatever and then just listen to the podcast through the speaker. never really done me wrong except when I’ve :filez: movies and they’re slowed down or sped up slightly

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

We turn the volume on the TV way down and turn on subtitles, with the commentary track playing through a Bluetooth speaker.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I was synced perfectly until I tried getting up off my couch and my ipod classic, because I'm still a clickwheel fan, flew out of my hands and my headphones unplugged, getting unsynced and I could never get it back.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I don't listen to the commentaries because I don't really have a good time to do it.

I also intend to get a small audio mixer so I can combine the two streams into one, and listen to some of them over wireless headphones when my roommate is asleep.

One day I'll get around to it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/e_leese/status/1342536449254596608?s=21

May you know some semblance of joy at this time near the winter solstice, as the world around us becomes a cold, desolate, dead husk of its former self.

Also, look at the cute puppet. I am joy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I would watch the hell out of Muppet Fight Club

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I get really frustrated if the sync is off and since i tend to get distracted while watching and have to keep rewinding, keeping sync is a pain in the rear end. So what i do (and i do not recommend this unless its really important to you) is demux the movie into video and audio streams, mix the commentary into the centre audio channel using audacity, then remux into a complete file again. oby its a longwinded process but i cant do it any other way

Ditto here. Years of remuxing and synching Rifftrax to movie audio have reduced the process to muscle memory at this point.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I hope they do a worst of 2020 episode on Wonder Woman 1984. The movie makes so many confounding and bizarre choices that honestly it'll be a gold mine for them to riff on.

Henker fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 30, 2020

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just re-listened to Ghosts Cant Do It and its hilarious, a real solid episode, but they recorded it and put it out on Halloween.

Just knowing that they were on the the cusp of four years of that motherfucking gently caress-face trump filled me with tremendous anxiety. gently caress him from the bottom of my heart for breaking my brain so bad I can't listen to a comedy podcast without freaking the gently caress out.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arson Daily posted:

Just re-listened to Ghosts Cant Do It and its hilarious, a real solid episode, but they recorded it and put it out on Halloween.

Just knowing that they were on the the cusp of four years of that motherfucking gently caress-face trump filled me with tremendous anxiety. gently caress him from the bottom of my heart for breaking my brain so bad I can't listen to a comedy podcast without freaking the gently caress out.

That was the episode I listened to half of it before the election and the second half after...felt like a gut punch.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Henker posted:

I hope they do a worst of 2020 episode on Wonder Woman 1984. The movies make so many confounding and bizarre choices that honestly it'll be a gold mine for them to riff on.

Andrew said "stay tuned" in his letterboxd review of it, so high hopes!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Henker posted:

I hope they do a worst of 2020 episode on Wonder Woman 1984. The movies make so many confounding and bizarre choices that honestly it'll be a gold mine for them to riff on.

They're doing it next week with Angelica Bastien, god bless

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Great, it’s a weirdass movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

They're doing it next week with Angelica Bastien, god bless

Yay!