Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
more like the clown wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the clone wars series is an insane trip

torture, callous executions, dismemberment, etc. without any censorship or even tasteful cutaways, because it's a cartoon and the weapons cauterize wounds so there's no blood. rated PG in most places, G in quebec

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/JAMNPP/status/1344862167594659844

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jabor posted:

the clone wars series is an insane trip

torture, callous executions, dismemberment, etc. without any censorship or even tasteful cutaways, because it's a cartoon and the weapons cauterize wounds so there's no blood. rated PG in most places, G in quebec

clone wars 2003 is still one of the coolest animated series ever, especially the shorts that had almost no dialogue

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

clone wars 2003 is still one of the coolest animated series ever, especially the shorts that had almost no dialogue
:hmmyes:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

really makes u think

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
clone wars 2003 is basically samurai jack: star wars edition

and the last season where it's not shorts and actually has dialog is better than all the prequels

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

and the last season where it's not shorts and actually has dialog is better than all the prequels

a lot of the animated stuff spawned from the prequels are good considering the source material. heck, I was flipping channels and saw some of idk lego c3p0 retelling them and it was so much better I'd recommended that instead of watching the movies

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

haveblue posted:

the last season where it's not shorts and actually has dialog

wait, they used the aeon flux formula?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
everyone talking about the star wars children’s cartoons you sound exactly like the goons who swore my little ponies was really a great deep show

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i already know me and my posts are embarrassing, whats your excuse

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my star warsona is brick fisto and their hair is like the one cool star war

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

i really like the grievous chase, it has an ithorian jedi do his sonic attack and gently caress up a whole room

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bump_fn posted:

everyone talking about the star wars children’s cartoons you sound exactly like the goons who swore my little ponies was really a great deep show
i was dialing in on star wars with less dialog is better than star wars with dialog

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Improbable Lobster posted:

this sounds like another very good animated show, samurai ja-

haveblue posted:

hell yeah

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

yes, genndy tartakovsky does good work

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

bump_fn posted:

Pfft, keep up grandpa we've moved on to Steven Universe

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I reconnected with an internet friend from the 2000s in like 2018, and back in the day he introduced me to all kinds of cool music and TV and movies, but now he's just like, SUPER into Steven Universe, and I dunno how to feel about it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats hot

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

shoeberto posted:

I reconnected with an internet friend from the 2000s in like 2018, and back in the day he introduced me to all kinds of cool music and TV and movies, but now he's just like, SUPER into Steven Universe, and I dunno how to feel about it.
it's fine to let people enjoy the things they enjoy as long as they don't get creepy/weird about it with you

alternatively you could smok weede and try the things then.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it’s totally ok to like kid poo poo, I’m pretty sure everyone here does to some degree (all science fiction is kid poo poo lol), but don’t try to tell me how it’s actually for adults and Very Sophisticated. also you should probably not talk about it to the exclusion of all other topics

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
except pound patrol gently caress those pigs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bump_fn posted:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

indigi posted:

it’s totally ok to like kid poo poo, I’m pretty sure everyone here does to some degree (all science fiction is kid poo poo lol), but don’t try to tell me how it’s actually for adults and Very Sophisticated. also you should probably not talk about it to the exclusion of all other topics

Yeah I have plenty of friends who are really into anime etc but the Steven Universe fandom is sort of weird to me. Like it's a fine show. It's fine! It's fine to like it. It is a little weird to not have anything else to talk about.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

bump_fn posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
made me giggle

https://twitter.com/gennhutchison/status/1345465311965761537

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
episode 4: mando searches for the load checkpoint button after baby yoda gets stuck on a street sign and the razorcrest won't spawn

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

shoeberto posted:

Yeah I have plenty of friends who are really into anime etc but the Steven Universe fandom is sort of weird to me. Like it's a fine show. It's fine! It's fine to like it. It is a little weird to not have anything else to talk about.

is this not all fandoms?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/OQueen35/status/1344883911218794496

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

pedro was the best part of the community reunion

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Carthag Tuek posted:

is this not all fandoms?

Not wrong.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:same: tbh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

btw prospect w pascal was pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0eRJxLz3QM

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Pfft, keep up grandpa we've moved on to Steven Universe

please just call me steve univers

Carthag Tuek posted:

is this not all fandoms?

yeah, i feel no interest in engaging with a community outside of here because they're already so far gone by the time i get there its like lord of the flies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

first mistake was learning the word "fandom"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"fan" is well on its way to joining "gamer" in the category of group identifiers to actively avoid getting tarred with

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also no shade to anyone watching a cartoon as an adult as long as its not as a tool for escapist regression fantasy. or like some weird perv thing or raunchy animation; poo poo aint fritz the cat or heavy metal anymore

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm a fan of pandas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins posted:

first mistake was learning the word "fandom"

its really telling when someone uses it enthusiastically. it only conjures up reddit and bad fanfic (all fanfic) and from there misery