Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I lost track of time, thought i had another hour before it started, currently staring blankly at everyone in the rings as they cut promos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nakamura / Okatani was pretty good fun. Always love seeing undercard guys stepping up a bit.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I didn't remember ever seeing Keigo win, so had to check his cagematch stats. After tonights match he's 8W 102L for his career, so nice to start the year off with a win

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDT English Update with the wholesome content

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1345671689741340672

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Higuchi gained a bit around the middle since the opening promo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Everyone just beating up Ihashi was fun. Man, Saki has the best kicks.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pretty hyped for Yuji Okabayashi appearing at Kawasaki Strong next month. More people need to see the beef golem

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dieno and friends mugging Takagi and giving his money away to the audience is pretty awesome.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The appearance of Yusuke Okada means that DDT, Noah, and New Japan all have an Okada right now.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Real fun match, Takeshita remains an absolute beast. Really enjoyed Sauna Club's team offence over the trios champs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Forgot to post this when I saw it this morning, Daichi Hashimoto looks so different from WK7

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1344982769747767296

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1345728524271972353?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Are the Brahman Bros more tolerable live? Coz I dunno, on tape they are just not an act I want to see outside of a Great Space War

(I'm watching New Year's Freedoms and mildly regretting watching this over DDT...)

Fortunately Unchain came along and made me feel better about watching this

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 4, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1345877546899017732?s=19

gently caress yeah

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Are the Brahman Bros more tolerable live? Coz I dunno, on tape they are just not an act I want to see outside of a Great Space War

Ya, every time I've seen them they've been a blast. First puro show I went to was BJW and they flung a bottle into the crowd that bounced off my head and landed in my lap. I held onto it in case they wanted it back. (They didn't.) That water gets loving everywhere and it gets everyone screaming. It's some real dumb Gallagher poo poo.

I do not remember ever watching them on video even though I must have dozens of times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

forkboy84 posted:

(I'm watching New Year's Freedoms and mildly regretting watching this over DDT...)

Fortunately Unchain came along and made me feel better about watching this
There's a reason why a lot of people in the front rows bring parkas with them to shows the Brahman Bros are booked at :v:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Naruki Doi's having elbow surgery.

Is there anyway to watch Ryukyu Dragon Pro?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Was this morning’s NOAH show not streamed?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Punch McLightning posted:

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1344151690778267648

Haven't tried watching yet, looks like you need to buy the show individually.

Dragon Dia is also out with a collarbone injury, which sucks, it felt like they were turning the corner in the Inferno feud to start building for an actual blow-off match.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 5, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SLUM KING posted:

Was this morning’s NOAH show not streamed?

It was live on Abema

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Punch McLightning posted:

It’s an outpatient surgery to basically stop his funny bone from firing each time he lands on his elbow. I doubt he will be out long.

Dia who knows. U-T was out for 10 months with that but he has bird bones. I think inferno goes away now and quietly returns to being yuki yoshioka

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

I don't watch too many deathmatches, but having a drop of blood land onto the camera lens was cool

e: neat

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 6, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That was such a loving great show, the final 3 all matches all slapped, & the Rina vs Kamui title match was fun too.

Tell you though, I do not know how someone is able to get up the next day after getting that hosed up. Showering the day after you have a couple cuts is really uncomfortable, being head to toe in wounds from light tubes & barb wire in the shower must be absolute murder.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

9/1/2021, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Ice Ribbon New Year Yokohama Ribbon 2021
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Chairman Ram & Mashiro Yuki vs Cherry & Matsuya Uno
Yukihime Maya, Risa Sera & Anno Saori vs Ozaki Sister Ka, Yamadori & Ishikawa Nao
Kurumi Hiiragi, Mochi Miyagi & Akane Fujita vs Satsuki Totoro, Mirai Anono & Yappy
Suzu Suzuki, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Ibuki Hoshi & Sareee (Tag match, teams chosen on the day by lottery)
IW-19 Title: Hamuko Hoshi(c) vs Tsukushi Haruka
Live on NicoNico

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Stardom New Year Stars
Terrsa Multi-Purpose Hall, Akita
Saya Kamitani vs Lady C
STARS (Saya Iida & Ruaka) vs Oedo Tai (Konami & Saki Kashima)
Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs Donna Del Mondo (Shuri & Maika)
STARS (Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora & Bea Priestley)
Queen's Quest (AZM, Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita) vs Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Maika & Natsupoi)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate
KBS Hall, Kyoto
Team Boku (Ryo Saito, Bokutimo Dragon & Punch Tominaga) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid & YAMATO
RED (HYO & Dia Inferno) vs Yosuke♡Santa Maria & U-T
Keisuke Okuda vs Yasushi Kanda
Ultimo Dragon & Taketo Kamei vs Don Fujii & Kagetora
Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee & La Estrella) vs RED (Eita, BxB Hulk, Diamante & HipHop Kikuta)
Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokousuka & Genki Horiguchi) vs RED (Takashi Yoshida, Kaito Ishida & SB KENTo)
Live on DG Network

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST
(With the restrictions in Tokyo this may be starting earlier, but their site still says 6:30
DDT Go To DDT! Vol. 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Hideki Okatani vs Keigo Nakamura & Toi Kojima
Akito, Kazuki Hirata, Super Sasadango Machine & Antonio Honda vs Sanshiro Takagi, Danshoku Dieno, Toru Owashi & Saki Akai
Chris Brookes & Shunma Katsumara vs DAMNATION (Mad Paulie & Yuji Hino)
HARASHIMA & Yukio Naya vs Konosuke Takeshita & MAO
DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Daisuke Sasaki & Nobuhiro Shimatani) vs Junretsu! (Yusuke Okada, Makoto Oishi & Mizuki Watase)
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)(c) vs CIMA & Soma Takao
DDT Universal Title: Yuki Ueno(c) vs Shota
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from 666, Sendai Girls & Actwres girlZ

10/1/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 79
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 201
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Full Throttle (Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY) vs Kai Fumimura & Yasutaka Yano)
Muhammad Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Kinya Okada & Yoshiki Inamura
Atsushi Kotoge, Daiki Inaba & Junta Miyawaki vs Kotaro Suzuki, Ikuto Hidaka & NOSAWA Rongai
Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA & Susumu) vs Kongo (Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Harada(c) vs Hajima Ohara
Go Shiozaki, Takashi Sugiura, Naomichi Marufuji & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya & Manabu Soya)
Live on Wrestle Universe

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Ice Ribbon 1093
SKIP City Multipurpose Hall, Kawaguchi
Ibuki Hoshi vs Nao Ishikawa
Maya Yukihi & Rina Yamashita vs Hamuko Hoshi & Mochi Miyagi
Risa Sera & Akane Fujita vs Tsukushi Haruka & Yappy
Maika Ozaki, Chairman Ram & Yuki Mashiro vs Cherry, Tae Honma & Matsuya Uno
Suzu Suzuki & Saori Anou vs Tsukasa Fujimoto & Satsuki Totoro
Live on NicoNico

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Winter ~Lovers~
Itabashi Green Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe January 13th

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

All Japan Pro Wrestling New Year Wars
2AW Square, Chiba
Ryuki Honda vs Shuji Ishikawa
Takao Omori, Black Menso~re & TAJIRI vs Yoshitatsu, Takayuki Ueki & Chikara
Kento Miyahara vs Francesco Akira
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) vs JIN (Ayato Yoshida & Fuminori Abe)
Atsuki Aoyagi vs Rising HAYATO
Evolution (Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura) vs Enfants Terribles (Shotaro Ashino, Kuma Arashi & Hokuto Omori)
Uploaded later to AJPW TV

Edion Arena #2, Osaka
Team Boku (Ryo Saito, Bokutimo Dragon & Punch Tominaga) vs Natural Vibes (Kzy, Genki Horiguchi & Susumu Horiguchi)
La Estrella vs Kagetora
Dragon Kid & Keisuke Okuda vs RED (Takashi Yoshida & SB KENTo)
Don Fujii & Taketo Kamei vs YAMATO & Gamma
Ultimo Dragon, Masaaki Mochizuki, Yosuke♡Santa Maria & U-T vs RED (Diamante, Dia Inferno, HipHop Kikuta & HYO)
Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura & Jason Lee) vs RED (Eita, BxB Bulk & Kaito Ishida)
Live on DG Network

Also shows by Zero1, JWP, Sendai Girls, Ryuko Pro, Ganbare & Oz Academy

11/1/2021, Monday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 80
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

SEAdLINNNG 2021 Opening Round
Card TBA
Airs SamuraiTV 17th January

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Isn't It Dramatic! 2021
Biwajima Sports Center, Nagoya
Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Yuki Ueno & Keigo Nakamura
Hiroaki Ura Vs Toi Kojima
Chris Brookes & Antonio Honda Vs Makoto Oishi & Yusuke Okada
Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs Mizuki Watase & Hideki Okatani
Akito & Shota Vs Sanshiro Takagi & Danshoku Dieno
HARASHIMA & Yukio Naya Vs Mad Paulie & Yuji Hino
DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Daisuke Sasaki & Soma Takao) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & MAO)
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe January 14th

2AW Chi Battle 83
2AW Square, Chiba
Ricky Fuji vs Takuro Niki
Hiroshi Yamato & Kaji Tomato vs Shu Asakawa & Daiju Wakamatsu
Tatsuya Hanami vs Ayame Sasamura
Kengo Mashimo & Kunio Toshima vs The Andrew Kingdom (Ayumu Honda & CHANGO)
Ayato Yoshida, Tank Nagai & Kotaro Yoshino vs Taylor Adams, Taishi Takizawa & Kyu Mogami

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Big Japan Korakuen Hall
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Tatsuhiko Yoshino & Kota Sekifuda vs Yuki Morihiro & Takuho Kato
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Akira Hyodo & Takaaki Sato
Daisuke Sekimoto, Kazumi Kikuta & Ryuichi Kawakami vs Daichi Hashimoto, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Ryoto Hama
Great Kojima & Yuichi Taniguchi vs Abdullah Kobayashi & Minoru Fujita
Ryuji Ito & Yuko Miyamoto vs Toshiyuki Sakuda & Yuki Ishikawa
Shigehiro Irie & Yuji Okabayashi vs Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuya Aoki
BJW Junior Heavyweight Title: Kitaka Isami(c) vs Kazuki Hashimoto
Masashi Takeda, Takumi Tsukamoto & X vs Drew Parker, Kankuro Hoshino & Masaya Takahashi
Airs SamuraiTV 21st January

Also shows from Sendai Girls & JWP

12/1/2021, Tuesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

Also show from Marvelous

13/1/2021, Wednesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

14/1/2021, Thursday

Show from Zero1

15/11/2021, Friday

Show from JTO

Bit of injury news as well, Jun Akiyama is off DDT cards until at least the 31st January as he's minor surgery. And in Dragon Gate Masato Yoshino has been pulled for precautionary reasons as his neck is playing up, unsurprising as that's the whole reason he was meant to retire in 2020, before putting it off until this year because of how weird a year it was. DG English Facebook does just say he's been pulled from the weekend cards in Kyoto, Osaka & Mie so I guess maybe there's a chance he ends up back on the Korakuen double shot. Then again, with nothing announced it'd not be a surprise if he's also off those.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The undercard of this NOAH 4/1 show I've finally started to catch up on is real underwhelming. So far the highlights have the teases between Ohara and Harada in the opener, Inaba and Inamura getting a win, the reaction to Fujita being in singles action which ended up being a extremely short squash, and Okada vs Nishimura was fun while it lasted but far too short.

It's fine for a whatever NOAH show but man, last years 4/1 was so good. Hey, back half of the card could still turn things around. Especially as I've seen who is in the main event Hiroshi Hase? Nutty

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yoshino is out to cut a promo and holy poo poo, dude can't even hold his neck up right. He's got the posture of some broken down old man twice age, this is sad.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDT are moving forward the times on a bunch of their upcoming Tokyo shows in order for the shows to end by 8PM (to match what restaurants are doing). Apparently this is a venue request, so don't be surprised if other promotions start doing it too.

Also coming up tomorrow, this amazing nonsense:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1347837617966968832

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 9, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

DDT are moving forward the times on a bunch of their upcoming Tokyo shows in order for the shows to end by 8PM (to match what restaurants are doing). Apparently this is a venue request, so don't be surprised if other promotions start doing it too.

Yeah, DG have done this for their midweek Korakuen double shot.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Due to Super Sasadango Machine being snowed in and unable to make it to the venue, he has turned this match into a tax deductible fashion show (anything the wrestlers wear in the ring they can claim on their expenses). The problem is that it's a fashion show with Saki Akai in, so obviously she wins and everyone else loses.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Looks like Takashi Yoshida has hosed up his arm somehow. Was screaming when they tried to move him. It's either amazing selling by him or he's hosed up some sort of muscle or tendon in his shoulder.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Two days in a row there's been no Natural Vibes dance. Just hurry up & kill this group, this is bullshit :mad:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Two days in a row there's been no Natural Vibes dance. Just hurry up & kill this group, this is bullshit :mad:

i believe they said no dance until the unit gets filled out on the 17th. ofc, there's people who follow the promotion closer than i do who suspect you might get your other wish on that date instead

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1343336891144269826?s=20

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 10, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I knew they were doing an audition (they told Punch Tominaga when he asked if he could rejoin & be in Team Boku that he'd have to do the audition which was funny), I just didn't see that the trio wouldn't be dancing. Still feel cheated of my awkward Susumu reluctant dance though.

(The theory seems to be it won't be very long before someone in the group turns on the rest, probably Kzy. So I really just want to make sure I get it one more time before that happens)

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Any reason not to hop on the DG train w/Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen this week? Anything from the last couple weeks we should make sure we watch beforehand?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thanlis posted:

Any reason not to hop on the DG train w/Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen this week? Anything from the last couple weeks we should make sure we watch beforehand?

Yesterdays show was very "ok" & this mornings was the same until the point where I had other stuff to do, & those were the first broadcast DG shows of the year. The last must watch thing was the unit disbands match from Final Gate before Christmas. Masato Yoshino has had a flare up of his neck injury so will be off the next few shows (nothing confirmed there but seeing he couldn't hold his head up straight on Saturday I'm assuming he'll not be wrestling in Korakuen), the generation war has ended with RED ending Toryumon & DG splitting with Masquerade forming around Shun Skywalker. So far the only other factions we've got are the returned Natural Vibes & Team Boku which is a bit of a comedy unit only with one of the top stars in the company in it (Naruki Doi). That's the broad outlines going into the year.

And yeah, Korakuen DG shows are usually worth watching so I'd say this is as good a time as any to dive in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Talking of Dragon Gate

CARDS for the Korakuen double shot

12/1
Ryo Saito & Bokutimo Dragon vs Don Fujii & Kenichiro Arai
Ultimo Dragon, Masaaki Mochizuki, Yasushi Kanda & Gamma vs RED (Eita, Kaito Ishida, H・Y・O & HipHop Kikuta)
Keisuke Okuda vs Punch Tominaga
Shun Skywalker, La Estrella & Dragon Kid vs YAMATO, Shuji Kondo & Kagetora
Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka & Genki Horiguchi) vs RED (Takashi Yoshida, Kazma Sakamoto & SB KENTo)
Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: RED (BxB Hulk & KAI)(c) vs Masquerade (Kota Minoura & Jason Lee)

13/1
Don Fujii, Shuji Kondo, Gamma vs Yasushi Kanda, Kenichiro Arai, Kagetora
Masaaki Mochizuki & Keisuke Okuda vs RED (Eita & H・Y・O)
Ultimo Dragon & Bokutimo Dragon vs Ryo Saito & Punch Tominaga
Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, La Estrella, Jason Lee & Kota Minoura) vs RED (BxB Hulk, KAI, Kaito Ishida & HipHop Kikuta)
YAMATO vs Dragon Kid
Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: RED (Takashi Yoshida, Kazma Sakamoto & SB KENTo) vs Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka & Genki Horiguchi)

Both shows start at 6pm JST, 9am GMT

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Both title matches should be good. Minoura/Lee and Kzy/Susumu/Genki are both really good teams.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Even though I knew it coming, seeing Hiroshi Hase come out to wrestle on the 4/1 NOAH show was loving nutty.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

J-Ro posted:

How do you do, fellow kids NOAH (and general puro) enthusiasts - this is for all of you that don't venture into the Wrestlehut Discord.

I am currently in the process of getting some stuff organized for a (most probably bi-weekly Sunday) NOAH watch-along - starting from their inception and making our collective way through their extensive back catalogue. The tentative start date is January 17th, and the place to be is our own PSP-TV.

Thank you for your attention.

Just to follow-up on this - we are kicking off this Sunday at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET at Puro For Pyros - with a 4 hour block consisting of both Departure events from NOAH's debut weekend. The playlist will be up for a week so if you can't make it or stay for the whole thing, you'll be able to catch it later.

Next week we'll move on to the Exceeding Our Dreams tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shun and Estrella have very strong just chilling with my son energy in this promo segment.