Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Log posted:

Van Morrison has always had his head planted so firmly up his rear end he looks like a talentless snake eating itself.

Have an eleven minute song of him "scatting" as proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFPX-uTbkI

I'll never forget me and some buddies being drunk and watching music videos way back when. We saw a video of young Van Morrison scatting that blows this recording out of the water for pure awful.

Oh, it's scatting all right....not the scatting he wanted to pull off

Midgetskydiver posted:

My favorite thing about Freep is the never ending, constant reveal that they are complete loving cowards. They are always just on the verge of doing something, but they never, even decades later, have done poo poo. "All Trump has to do is say the word" hahahaha and what rear end in a top hat? What the gently caress are any of these obese 70 year olds going to do?

Trump's already "said the word" multiple times in the past, yet for some reason these true patriots never do anything more than bitch on an outdated forum.
I know their political extremism is the main reason they're abandoned by family, but i'm sure if it wasn't that it would be the double speaking, backstabbing and constant bitching that would cause the same

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

bitch on an outdated forum.

lol losers

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Joint Statement from Senators Cruz, Johnson, Lankford, Daines, Kennedy, Blackburn, Braun, Senators-Elect Lummis,, Marshall, Hagerty, Tuberville

quote:

To: frogjerk
Trump WON.
He WILL get his WIN.
One way or another.

20 posted on 1/2/2021, 10:21:14 AM by doc maverick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TigerClaws
Notably missing is RINO-extraordinaire and Deep-Stater, John Cornholio.

I simply cannot stand that smug, statist bitch. He turns somewhat conservative 6 months or so before an election, then returns to what he really is (the Senator from Cornyn) as soon as it is over. The only reason that I voted for him is that the alternative (ANY Dem) is worse.

The POS should get a phone call from every TX FReeper on Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday.

166 posted on 1/2/2021, 2:16:03 PM by Ancesthntr ("The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt, “The Weapon Shops of Isher”)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Imagine being so bloodthirsty for war with China that you consider a pandemic with a botched response the same as a military land invasion.

quote:

To: TigerClaws; All
A BIDEN WIN WOULD BE AN AWARD TO CHINA FOR INVADING US USING COVID 19

Every time an American looked at an item for where it was made in it came from China. Now China’s reliance making everything was being threatened by a change in leadership in America which was a major consumer of those products. When Americans hailed their leaders decision to make many of them in their country US. Their politburo worried.

Worse yet opponents to the Chinese regime in power had its citizens protesting its policies , as in Hong Kong, since that change in American leadership wave the American flag and present Trump’s name when doing so. All of which presented those in power the need to destroy that leader Donald Trump.

Would a runaway plague created by a nation which could threaten populations of an enemy cause them to react by demanding extreme restriction of movement by its population to prevent its spread ? Thus wind up fragmenting its economy and create defeat for that leader’s upcoming election.When they released it that was the CCP intention but it got away from them and went world wide

Americans better WISE UP/
Key swamp demons were making fortunes when they allowed US companies in a number of industries including pharma, computer; and electrical as well metal fabrication components even bicycles relocate their factories in China . To the point where China was our sole supplier. The money the CCP has now comes from US .If we play our Chinese checkers right we can really turn things around for the better not only here but in China as well.Check out this recent posting in Free Republic.com which the MSM and social venues will spike; http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3890312/posts. will be stopped by Biden and hailed by Walmart http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3920123/posts

27 posted on 1/2/2021, 10:22:45 AM by mosesdapoet (mosesdapoet aka L.J.Keslin posting here for the record hoping somebody might read and pass around)

quote:

To: Saveourcountry; All
Who sends money to these people anymore, given the fraud we see every election?
You're just throwing your money down a rathole.

I see these politicians getting elected to benefit themselves and their own financial wellbeing, not that of their constituents.

If they are going to cheat and commit fraud, look the other way from any fraud or disavow that any fraud is taking place, then they don't need my hard-earned money to win. They're on their own.

Let them get their money from the lobbyists, the big donors, the influencers, the shakers and movers and whoever else they've been getting their dirty money from in the past. Me? I'd be throwing good money after bad.

Starve the beast.

86 posted on 1/2/2021, 11:05:06 AM by HotHunt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 65 | View Replies]

quote:

Glad to see Cruz at the top of this list.

Anyone who does not sign onto this joint statement is a traitor and should be treated as such.

87 posted on 1/2/2021, 11:05:32 AM by Safrguns

quote:

I am surprised how so many on here take any kind of good news and turn it into bad. Its like reading democrat comments. No matter what happens, its not good enough

122 posted on 1/2/2021, 11:44:42 AM by roving (Democrats love the military as long as they don't vote)

quote:

To: roving
“I am surprised how so many on here take any kind of good news and turn it into bad. Its like reading democrat comments. No matter what happens, its not good enough”

You’re right. And after Trump wins, most of them will go away.

125 posted on 1/2/2021, 11:55:48 AM by laplata (The Left/Progressives have diseased minds.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 122 | View Replies]

quote:

I have to say, I’m impressed.

All this lawsuit stuff was nonsense, there are no Federal Constitutional issues in play and the courts have no authority over State appointment of Electors anyway.

But an Electoral Commission? That’s EXACTLY what should happen, Congress is the ONLY body with authority over the process, and I am very impressed that these guys would sign such a statement.

Of course, nothing will come of it. But, anyway, a few flickers in the dying embers of the country. Nice work.

133 posted on 1/2/2021, 12:21:05 PM by Jim Noble (Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning)
Once you peel enough layers of the onion back this really boils down to the Trump cultists' true desire: Trump wasn't re-elected so we should change the results of the election such that he was. From there you just logic backwards for how that could happen. This is one of the most horrifyingly fascinating things to witness unfurl in realtime. Outside of a violent coup, which some of them definitely want, Trump leaves the White House in a few weeks. Watching them come to the realization that Trump is a loser is cathartic in a way :kiddo:

quote:

To: rapture-me
Electoral Count Act (1887). Since the HOR is held by a Democrats majority, any objections to Biden will be defeated there. Under the 12th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, in a contested election, the HOR selects the President, and the Senate selects the Vice President (as the VP is president of the senate). Therefore, it stands to reason that, under these rules, Biden would be given the presidency.

144 posted on 1/2/2021, 1:01:03 PM by JME_FAN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 123 | View Replies]

quote:

To: JME_FAN
False. If the House chooses, Trump wins because the House vote is not one vote per member; but one vote per delegation. There are more R delegations than D. You’re welcome

145 posted on 01/02/2021 1:22:29 PM PST by katieanna
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 144 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: katieanna
Incorrect - the delegation count of “one vote per state” only come into play if there is a competing set of electors, when the count is made before the unified body of the HOR and Senate. That is not presently the situation.

The objection process involves the unified body of senators and congressional representatives to each return to their respective chambers to hold a 2-hour debate and vote on each cited objection. Please refer to Amendment 12 of the U.S. Constitution.

151 posted on 01/02/2021 1:30:40 PM PST by JME_FAN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 145 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: katieanna
That is assuming the R delegations would vote party lines. In my opinion, highly dubious at this point.

148 posted on 01/02/2021 1:26:25 PM PST by GeorgiaDawg32
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 145 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: GeorgiaDawg32
I tell you, some of y’all just refuse to be positive. Most importantly, though: Never forget the unseen Hand. God Almighty, Who Made us a nation in the first place, is at WORK in all of this! Keep faith because of Him, not men. He’ll get us the Victory

150 posted on 01/02/2021 1:30:20 PM PST by katieanna
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 148 | View Replies ]
*3 Weeks Later* :dawkins101: Well, The Lord works in mysterious ways.

:lol:

quote:

WHERE’S RAND PAUL??

41 posted on 1/2/2021, 10:29:15 AM by Zeddicus

quote:

To: Zeddicus
WHERE’S RAND PAUL??

Getting his hair curled

89 posted on 1/2/2021, 11:08:14 AM by PIF (They came for me and mine ... now its your turn)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

quote:

As I said on another thread:

My wife and I will give to as many Democrats as possible to kick every shade of RINO out of office
, if Biden is seated.

5 posted on 1/2/2021, 10:16:14 AM by ConservativeMind (Trump: Befuddling Democrats, Republicans, and the Media for the benefit of the US and all mankind.)

quote:

To: ConservativeMind
So you’re too haughty to commit suicide by gun in mouth and instead will cut an artery in you leg and bleed out. America is not your kind of place, apparatchik.

109 posted on 01/02/2021 11:32:33 AM PST by MHGinTN (A dispensation perspective is a powerful tool for discernment)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MHGinTN
If my wife and I are going to be drummed out of work and have Antifa protest at our homes, I want to encourage they hit the RINOs who helped put Biden in power, don’t you?

154 posted on 01/02/2021 1:34:11 PM PST by ConservativeMind (Trump: Befuddling Democrats, Republicans, and the Media for the benefit of the US and all mankind.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: ConservativeMind
Your naivete is exceeded only by your abject stupidity.

164 posted on 01/02/2021 2:10:13 PM PST by MHGinTN (A dispensation perspective is a powerful tool for discernment)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 154 | View Replies ]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

If the House chooses, Trump wins because the House vote is not one vote per member; but one vote per delegation. There are more R delegations than D. You’re welcome

This Freeper is actually correct. If neither candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, then the House picks the President and the Senate picks the VP. But not content with things being simple, the method for the House to pick is that all the state representatives get together and have a vote for president, with the winner of that state being awarded one vote. While the Dems control the House, broken down on a state level, there are enough states with Republican representatives that Trump would win.

However, this will not happen, of course, because Biden will have more than 270 when all the counts are over.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Twelve by Pies posted:

This Freeper is actually correct. If neither candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, then the House picks the President and the Senate picks the VP. But not content with things being simple, the method for the House to pick is that all the state representatives get together and have a vote for president, with the winner of that state being awarded one vote. While the Dems control the House, broken down on a state level, there are enough states with Republican representatives that Trump would win.

However, this will not happen, of course, because Biden will have more than 270 when all the counts are over.
What happens if there's multiple contenders? It seems unlikely to happen of course because you would tend to split one side more than the other with your third party crap. Like the Tmurp Party will surely get almost entirely people who otherwise vote R, should it come to pass.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nessus posted:

What happens if there's multiple contenders? It seems unlikely to happen of course because you would tend to split one side more than the other with your third party crap. Like the Tmurp Party will surely get almost entirely people who otherwise vote R, should it come to pass.

One of the bug reasons for the two party system is that if there's three candidates and no one gets at least 270, it's exactly the same as if there were 2 candidates and neither got to 270.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

AnoHito posted:

One of the bug reasons for the two party system is that if there's three candidates and no one gets at least 270, it's exactly the same as if there were 2 candidates and neither got to 270.
Do they have to get a majority of the House votes or just the plurality?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nessus posted:

Do they have to get a majority of the House votes or just the plurality?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election
Majority.

It's the reason that there are contingencies for if the House cannot elect a President by inauguration day. In the election of 1800 it took 35 ballots in the House for somebody to finally win an absolute majority of state delegations because some states had evenly split delegations and therefore didn't cast a vote

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Captain Log posted:

I'm still furious about that awful Van Morison song.

I've been saying this my whole life.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Ugh. Maybe I'm reading too much Freep and theDonald and other far-right sources, but I'm getting pretty anxious about January 6th. Like, I've read all of the "no, Trump can't actually be put in office this way" analysis articles, but seeing so many people in absolute lock-step that they're totally going to pull it off and get four more years of Trump makes me a little wary. Top Republicans throwing these people a bone certainly isn't helping that unease go away.

And then I remember all of the rallies planned in DC that are definitely going to turn violent, and I have something much more rational to worry about. Mental health doing great!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean everyone thought it was going to get violent when the election was called, hell down here many business closed down to prepare. Then nothing happened

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Ugh. Maybe I'm reading too much Freep and theDonald and other far-right sources, but I'm getting pretty anxious about January 6th. Like, I've read all of the "no, Trump can't actually be put in office this way" analysis articles, but seeing so many people in absolute lock-step that they're totally going to pull it off and get four more years of Trump makes me a little wary. Top Republicans throwing these people a bone certainly isn't helping that unease go away.

And then I remember all of the rallies planned in DC that are definitely going to turn violent, and I have something much more rational to worry about. Mental health doing great!

I was getting angsty about the supreme court case and it turned out fine, there is literally nothing they can do at this point to overturn the election unless half the D house members die or something

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Think of it this way, what happens if any of them stick their head above the parapet? They'll get disowned. None of them have the guts, even if they were aware, to actually say "hey we're driving towards a cliff and it's not going to be good when we hit the bottom" so they all make out like driving off the cliff is actually a good idea.

And this is a thing you can see happening throughout many areas of society, this is not enormously helpful from a mental health perspective as it just suggests people are incredibly stupid but for the specific complaint of "is trump going to magic his way back into office" I think you can safely conclude that the answer is "no" despite the apparent confidence of the people who have a very strong incentive to be confident about that in the face of all observable reality.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Everything they have is fantasy make believe. Desperate people clinging to anything and everything to make their dream reality.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's basically a sort of mass hysteria, it is self fuelling until something catastrophic happens to break it, and also there's a bunch of money involved with grifters pushing it which doesn't help.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Think of it this way, what happens if any of them stick their head above the parapet? They'll get disowned.

I agree, but people might still get injured/die from the ones that do. That the people who did it get disowned doesn't restore their health or life.

I'm not exactly Arzying, I don't think that it's inevitable that Trump's January 6th rally will turn violent or anything, it will probably just be Trump whining about how he got all the votes, more votes than any other president in history, and it's so unfair what's happening to him, and he'll announce he'll run in 2024 and then gently caress off and play golf. I know even if he were to stand up there and say "I declare martial law" that the military won't listen to him, and his rear end is still out on the 20th.

But I still can't help but be a little worried there will be a couple of chuds who are too close to the edge and start poo poo after the rally is over.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

By stick their head above the parapet I mean "voice dissent that no, actually, trump is not going to be president magically in a few weeks"

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

And this is a thing you can see happening throughout many areas of society, this is not enormously helpful from a mental health perspective as it just suggests people are incredibly stupid but for the specific complaint of "is trump going to magic his way back into office" I think you can safely conclude that the answer is "no" despite the apparent confidence of the people who have a very strong incentive to be confident about that in the face of all observable reality.

Yeah this is what's causing the unease I think. It's much less worrying about their version of events happening - again, it won't, the logical side of my brain knows. It's much more about the difficulty in trying to reconcile just how little facts matter to this worldview combined with seeing how widespread and evangelizing it is. These people are making their own reality and attempting to impose it on the rest of us, and it's starting to freak me out a little.

It's like if one day like half of your coworkers started to try to get you to believe in Qanon, and when you go to HR about it, they're drinking coffee out of a #wwg1wga mug. It's a bad vibe, even if it doesn't make Qanon any more real.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah this is what's causing the unease I think. It's much less worrying about their version of events happening - again, it won't, the logical side of my brain knows. It's much more about the difficulty in trying to reconcile just how little facts matter to this worldview combined with seeing how widespread and evangelizing it is. These people are making their own reality and attempting to impose it on the rest of us, and it's starting to freak me out a little.

It's like if one day like half of your coworkers started to try to get you to believe in Qanon, and when you go to HR about it, they're drinking coffee out of a #wwg1wga mug. It's a bad vibe, even if it doesn't make Qanon any more real.

In this analogy, who does HR map back to in the real world?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

raminasi posted:

In this analogy, who does HR map back to in the real world?

It's just a stand in for seeing any institutional support of anti-reality conspiracy theorists. I guess you could tie it to Ted Cruz and the Republicans that are going to object on the 6th, if you wanna stretch it that way.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's just a stand in for seeing any institutional support of anti-reality conspiracy theorists. I guess you could tie it to Ted Cruz and the Republicans that are going to object on the 6th, if you wanna stretch it that way.

My question was semi-rhetorical: What specific actual institutions that can do anything are supporting this attempted power grab? Ted Cruz can’t really do poo poo here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Consensus reality is breaking down because it turns out it was only ever a construct of hegemonic information control. Absent a church, or government, or media to create it, it doesn't exist.

Which I think is a good thing in that it allows new ideas to flourish, but it has problems too when people who are assholes get ahold of it. I think it's helpful either way to retain the perspective that "making your own reality and attempting to impose it on the rest of us" is what has always happened, though, it's just that the specifics of the reality and the people doing it and the process by which it is being done, are different now.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

raminasi posted:

My question was semi-rhetorical: What specific actual institutions that can do anything are supporting this attempted power grab? Ted Cruz can’t really do poo poo here.

Oh, of course, it's just political posturing by Republicans who rely on fascist votes. My point isn't "oh no Cruz is going to somehow win the election for Trump," it's that this gesture is accompanied by a ton of people going "gently caress yeah, Cruz is going to somehow win the election for Trump!" and it's very disheartening and weird to process, hence the anxiety.

OwlFancier posted:

Consensus reality is breaking down because it turns out it was only ever a construct of hegemonic information control. Absent a church, or government, or media to create it, it doesn't exist.

I dunno, OANN isn't going anywhere after the dust settles. Lots of right wing media is actively contributing to this consensus reality as we speak, so I'm not as optimistic that this stupid fanfiction reality bullshit is going to go away after this. Freepers are still going to go to their graves cursing Dominion while awaiting for the Kraken to take them up to White Heaven.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh I didn't say it was going to stop existing, if anything it's only going to accelerate as alternative and on demand media become more prolific. There is no longer one hegemonic source defining reality, there are many competing versions of it on offer.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
'Go to the streets and be as violent as Antifa and BLM': Rep. Louie Gohmert

quote:

To: Dr. Franklin; The Toll; FreedomPoster
Antifa has given us a wonderful blueprint. Umbrellas, face shields, helmets, Baefong radios, fireworks, green lasers, pepper spray. Since we are older, skateboards as clubs won’t work — but we can use canes and crutches (after all, we’re seniors.) Nice, heavy, durable canes (and crutches).

9 posted on 1/3/2021, 2:18:55 PM by Lazamataz (America is a carcass, to be plundered.)

quote:

To: Dr. Franklin
There is going to be violence. Antifa and BLM will see to it that is true. And, the media will blame it all on the Proud Boys and Trump supporters.

12 posted on 1/3/2021, 2:22:03 PM by Kazan

quote:

To: Kazan
]"And, the media will blame it all on the Proud Boys and Trump supporters.
They media won't blame anybody if they are the first ones on the list.

20 posted on 1/3/2021, 2:26:57 PM by The Duke (President Trump = America's Last, Best Chance)

quote:

To: EvilCapitalist
The only difference is, we shouldn’t burn down our own neighborhoods, and grocery stores. Go after the big cities instead.

Target woke companies.

19 posted on 01/03/2021 11:26:27 AM PST by Wilderness Conservative (Nature is the ultimate conservative)

quote:

Seriously, some politicians and media morons need to lose their lives before they start taking patriots seriously. Otherwise, they’ll laugh their asses off.

26 posted on 1/3/2021, 2:32:53 PM by Old Yeller (Joe McCarthy was right.)

quote:

My comments on fraud remedy keep getting removed....so

3 posted on 1/3/2021, 2:12:47 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope. )

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
*Struggling to put on balaclava* How do you do fellow radicals?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Seriously, some politicians and media morons need to lose their lives before they start taking patriots seriously. Otherwise, they’ll laugh their asses off.

quote:

There is going to be violence. Antifa and BLM will see to it that is true. And, the media will blame it all on the Proud Boys and Trump supporters.

We need to start taking out politicians and the media! But if anyone actually does it, they're obviously Antifa framing us!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Louie Gohmert being uncharacteristically responsible in calling for a dramatic deescalation in rightwing violence.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
:smugdon:

Trumper Fi! :freep:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: But we can use canes and crutches

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1345802534255030274?s=21

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The idea of the elderly going to the front lines to fight is sad and hilarious. I'm loving 40 and I have no business up there, much less someone in their 70's.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Why are you prepared if you're a veteran?
You might have had been prepared but you're out now. Why we you still prepared?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The military is all cucked libs now, militias and cops are where it’s at for the Real Patriots

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

HootTheOwl posted:

Why are you prepared if you're a veteran?
You might have had been prepared but you're out now. Why we you still prepared?

Doing a military coup is just like riding a bicycle.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

The idea of the elderly going to the front lines to fight is sad and hilarious. I'm loving 40 and I have no business up there, much less someone in their 70's.
The fact that the people who seem to be the most passionate about this in terms of their grassroots rhetoric, are also all elderly fucks, is why I do not greatly fear them doing some kind of putsch. I would be far more worried if they had a lot of dead-eyed veterans of the Forever War among them.

The greatest heat of this seems to be among the people who are, broadly speaking, comfortable and well off. Not that there are not plenty of broke and desperate people who voted for Trump out of outrage or out of hope, but his passionate supporters are all these middle-class clowns.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nessus posted:

The fact that the people who seem to be the most passionate about this in terms of their grassroots rhetoric, are also all elderly fucks, is why I do not greatly fear them doing some kind of putsch. I would be far more worried if they had a lot of dead-eyed veterans of the Forever War among them.

Even if it was 90% combat veterans high on white supremacist rhetoric I wouldn't be concerned. Their plan begins and ends with showing up on the National Mall with a rifle and a Trump flag and "Seeing what happens" Even if it got halfway to the point they're threatening to go to communication breakdowns and incoherent orders from multiple crowd leaders would cause organizational collapse after the first minute of actual violence/arrests

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

God this would be like watching a fleet of Eric Cartman's without Tip Assist

cant cook creole bream posted:

Doing a military coup is just like riding a bicycle.

Nah, this isn't a coup. I've been assured by multiple Trumpers what they want is written in the constitution, right there next to the Abortion Article and the Free Man Of the Land magic words

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 4, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

Even if it was 90% combat veterans high on white supremacist rhetoric I wouldn't be concerned. Their plan begins and ends with showing up on the National Mall with a rifle and a Trump flag and "Seeing what happens" Even if it got halfway to the point they're threatening to go to communication breakdowns and incoherent orders from multiple crowd leaders would cause organizational collapse after the first minute of actual violence/arrests
Oh yeah I mean like in a more general sense when people start getting anxious about asymmetric warfare or whatever new way for the collective abuse of the Fox News superfan segment of the country to be inflicted on the regular humans. Pretty much the only reason these guys would not be bombed or machine-gunned if they did try to rush the Capitol is because they will mostly be affluent whites, but the actual military has made its collective sentiments clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump’s full Jan. 2 call with Ga. secretary of state (FULL AUDIO)

quote:

To: Lewis9

this was all more of a foreign coup than a US Presidential election at this point

2 posted on 01/03/2021 4:04:57 PM PST by mo ("If you understand, no explanation is needed; if you don't understand, no explanation is possible)

3D Chess?

quote:

Why on earth did Trump think it was a good idea to call the GA Sec of State on JANUARY 2? Who is advising him?

3 posted on 01/03/2021 4:07:07 PM PST by Alter Kaker (Gravitation is a theory, not a fact. It should be approached with an open mind...)

Honestly, who wouldn't record that call?

quote:

Who recorded the call?

Who delivered a copy to the Bezos Post?

4 posted on 01/03/2021 4:08:43 PM PST by a fool in paradise (Who built the cages, Joe?)

quote:

To: mo

After listening to this, Raffensperger is even more slimy than I thought he was. His heels are dug in firmly. Bastard would not give an inch!

5 posted on 01/03/2021 4:11:01 PM PST by Lewis9
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

he really hasn’t a choice. If a Biden term doesn’t materialize the remainder of his life will be as a Benedict Arnold

7 posted on 01/03/2021 4:12:18 PM PST by mo ("If you understand, no explanation is needed; if you don't understand, no explanation is possible)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Wow - I’m listening right now and Trump is stating facts, numbers and everything else. This election is truly screwed up.

9 posted on 01/03/2021 4:13:13 PM PST by frogjerk

"Admitedly, he does have a few flaws..."

quote:

To: Alter Kaker

nobody on this.

He can’t help himself.

He’s a great president but he has flaws.

And one of them is sometimes he can’t double think his impulses.

Like making this call knowing there was a great chance it, like so much else, would be leaked.

smh

10 posted on 01/03/2021 4:14:14 PM PST by dp0622 (Tried a coup, a fake tax story, tramp slander, Russia nonsense, impeachment and a virus. They lost.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Oh poo poo, Trump is reaching levels of NotMad I didn't think were possible for a human being to reach!

quote:

President Donald Trump has filed two lawsuits - federal and state - against GaSecofState. The telephone conference call GaSecofStatesecretly recorded was a “confidential settlement discussion” of that litigation, which is still pending
Twitter ^ | 3 Jan 21 | David Shafer
https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3921197/posts

President Donald Trump has filed two lawsuits - federal and state - against GaSecofState. The telephone conference call GaSecofState secretly recorded was a “confidential settlement discussion” of that litigation, which is still pending.

The audio published by @TheWashingtonPost is heavily edited and omits the stipulation that all discussions were for the purpose of settling litigation and confidential under federal and state law.

12 posted on 01/03/2021 4:15:54 PM PST by a fool in paradise (Who built the cages, Joe?)

quote:

We all thought Trump has something up his sleeve. That phone call reveals he does not. Why call up a corrupt official at this late date? Did he expect him to say, “Okay, I will do what you wish.” It was like reaching out to pet a rattlesnake.

13 posted on 01/03/2021 4:16:03 PM PST by odawg

quote:

To: odawg

Prolly giving him one last chance to come clean and do right by the people of Georgia.

15 posted on 01/03/2021 4:20:07 PM PST by LastDayz (A blunt and brazen Texan. I will not be assimilated.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Hi Ann!

quote:

Check Brad’s WIFE’s BANK ACCOUNTS....Maybe his kid’s also!! He seems so drat DIRTY....especially for a so-called Republican!

16 posted on 01/03/2021 4:21:10 PM PST by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

The more Brad Nothingburger talks, the more he can incriminate himself. From a PR point of view, the audio can be used to build the case for the GA legislature to decertify the election. A new session starts tomorrow.

18 posted on 01/03/2021 4:22:37 PM PST by Dr. Franklin ("A republic, if you can keep it.")

quote:

To: VAFreedom

But the question remains, who sent the tape to the Bezos Post who heavily edited it?

20 posted on 01/03/2021 4:23:10 PM PST by a fool in paradise (Who built the cages, Joe?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Do you... doubt our Glorious Leader?

quote:

Who is advising you, that you would second guess President Trump?

23 posted on 01/03/2021 4:26:39 PM PST by enumerated

I forget what I was up to; 270-280 somethingth Dimensional Chess?

quote:

To: dp0622

Like making this call knowing there was a great chance it, like so much else, would be leaked.

Or maybe he wanted it leaked. How else can he get the message out? I said the same about Rudy’s dripping hair dye. Accident? I don’t know but it got people talking.

26 posted on 01/03/2021 4:29:03 PM PST by mouse1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

Mark Meadows is his advisor. It’s been reported he has been trying to get Trump to concede to Biden.

28 posted on 01/03/2021 4:29:50 PM PST by White Lives Matter

quote:

To: Ann Archy

Maybe the list of folks visiting Epstein’s island ought to be reviewed....this guy’s name might be on it.

38 posted on 01/03/2021 4:42:55 PM PST by pepsionice
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Man, Bargaining Phase already?

quote:

It might have been an unfortunate quote, but this sounds to me like Trump is talking to the American people, i.e. he knew it would be leaked. It's not like GA doesn't know what happened. It's not like Trump is presenting his case to them. They know the case.

I suspect he knew it would get leaked, this is essentially a speech to Americans, and he probably shouldn't have put it the way put it -> the line that got quoted dishonestly.
49 posted on 01/03/2021 4:55:07 PM PST by tinyowl (A is A)

:smugdon: parachute account spotted!

quote:

It was a perfect phone call

51 posted on 01/03/2021 4:59:14 PM PST by olivia3boys

quote:

To: dp0622

Maybe that’s why he did it.

Maybe this was a shot across the bow for Raffensberger.

Georgia so ungodly corrupt it’s disgusting. Up til now though, IMHO, the corruption hasn’t really affected the people, it was mostly the politicians, on every level, making some money.

Things are different now, though.

The Lt Gov sold his soul to the tech industry.

The SOS sold his soul to Stacy Abrams and her sister.

The legislature has long sold their souls to the developers and big farmers for all the cheap labor.

Kemp is a bitch to all of the above plus Hollywood.

Dangerous times for the Peach state.

69 posted on 01/03/2021 5:13:57 PM PST by qaz123
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]