Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Steezo posted:

however, comma, pause for effect

Thank you, this is one of my favorite phrases I learned ever while I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Steezo posted:

Depending on how it was called it could easily take ten minutes for four rounds factoring hangtime and lack of observed impact, however, comma, pause for effect, how the gently caress do you miss more than two shots without your line going cold and everyone double checking gun data, fdc data and goddamned everything the gently caress else?

Some loving "to the rear of the piece, FALL IN" poo poo right there...

Hahahahaha, holy poo poo I got curious and looked for more information and there's an AP story that says it lasted for a loving hour and involved ten or more rounds

https://apnews.com/article/3e44ee71461a6a0e152a63490248f06e

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This reminds me of the time I was working in Podunk, Georgia at a water plant as an engineering observer. We where waiting on a anthracite delivery to finish a new filter that, due to shenanigans, ended up on a saturday afternoon. I get there about 1pm, and there seems to be a bunch of hoopla going on around the front gate between Water plant managers, local sheriffs, and the construction super. I go up to one of the water plants employees and ask whats up.

Apparently local leo have a private gun range they use that abuts the water plants filter area, and today they decided to have a range day. Somehow, someway, a few of them managed to miss the target, miss the back stop, miss the meters of trees and vegetation that form the property line between the water plant and the range and manage to hit the window on the supers trailer and put some dents in the trailers side.

I'm not entirely certain this is an idiots story, but I'm astounded to this day how they manage to miss so badly.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 5, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"You shoot like a cop" has never been a compliment.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

shame on an IGA posted:

"You shoot like a cop" has never been a compliment.

Didn’t some nypd shoot like 100+ rounds at someone and not only miss the target implement but hit someone else?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Notahippie posted:

Hahahahaha, holy poo poo I got curious and looked for more information and there's an AP story that says it lasted for a loving hour and involved ten or more rounds

https://apnews.com/article/3e44ee71461a6a0e152a63490248f06e

The level of anger this causes me hurts my head. I want to break down how many procedures, how much math has to be wrong, how hosed up range control has to be, how many people have to not just not be doing their jobs, but failing miserably, and it all just turns into headache and ANGRY MARINE ALWAYS ANGRY.

And to answer the 180 question, an army 155 in 2000 would either be a M198 howitzer or a Paladin tank. Either of which should be loving goddamned obvious if it's laid in backwards when you go to bump your circles and both primary and safety circle fail. It's not like the 777 which can spin in a circle, there are limits to traverse... which are monitored more harshly than left/right limit on a rifle range, for what should be obvious reasons. So much has to go wrong to miss the goddamned impact area.

Now that I can feel my eyes twitching again and all colors seem off, I'm going to go do something else.

Edit: Like, gently caress, if we had more than one unobserved impact it was get batallion involved and check all the graduated instruments, someone's getting fired time and that was at 29 palms where if you miss, oh no, you just hit more loving desert no one gives a poo poo about...

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

Didn’t some nypd shoot like 100+ rounds at someone and not only miss the target implement but hit someone else?

11. They hit 11 bystanders in one incident (there have been so many, we probably are talking about different events) without hitting the suspect.

Who was then charged with 11 extra felony counts for the Cop's lovely shooting.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

bulletsponge13 posted:

11. They hit 11 bystanders in one incident (there have been so many, we probably are talking about different events) without hitting the suspect.

Who was then charged with 11 extra felony counts for the Cop's lovely shooting.

Hell of a way to commit a mass shooting lmao

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Arty chat reminded me- 03, we are in the poo poo. FO calls for fire.
"155 inbound!"

Inbound to where, I never learned, because it sure as poo poo didn't come anywhere close to where we needed it.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

We've all had work stuff get lost in transit somewhere :v:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

We've all had work stuff get lost in transit somewhere :v:

I lol'd.

I just feel bad for the goat herder who lost his entire flock to some HE when he was just minding his own business.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

bulletsponge13 posted:

I just feel bad for the goat herder who lost his entire flock to some HE when he was just minding his own business.

The shell missed though :confused:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MA-Horus posted:

there's no loving way they lay in 180 degrees off the direction of fire. that would be an absolute incredible mistake on all levels of leadership.

(points to thread title)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

i just

how does your foo party not get on net immediately and go "where the gently caress are you shooting, these rounds are NOT HERE" and call for a stop cease fire

i mean i saw a lot of stupid poo poo in the guns but when it came to fire discipline but there was zero slack, and i mean none. i saw det commanders and 2ics relieved on the spot for violations of fire discipline.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

GotLag posted:

The shell missed though :confused:

:vince: Goddrat

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TK-42-1 posted:

Vast majority of pigs get near-zero range time and shoot guns with 6kg triggers to prevent them from ND'ing themselves so yeah.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The NYPD adopted the old Soviet motto when it came to marksmanship of "quantity has a quality all its own"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

i just

how does your foo party not get on net immediately and go "where the gently caress are you shooting, these rounds are NOT HERE" and call for a stop cease fire

i mean i saw a lot of stupid poo poo in the guns but when it came to fire discipline but there was zero slack, and i mean none. i saw det commanders and 2ics relieved on the spot for violations of fire discipline.

so in the marines the senior enlisted for the mortar platoon actually comes an arty mos, but onetime an infantry staff sergeant decided to "help" sight in the mortar by just twisting the course deflection slip scale until it read the proper data.

Imagine trying to head north using a compass and instead of using the compass to face north, you simply take the compass apart and redo all the compass markings until it says you're facing north

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 6, 2021

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

gently caress if I know. What I know is we didn't get fire support when we needed it, and he couldn't reach them on the radio.

There is a chance he sent the fire mission in the blind, or something else dumb/crazy. I just know what I saw and heard when I was next to him for a minute or two.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Tactical Sandals:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1346860598571757569?s=20

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

GD_American posted:

The NYPD adopted the old Soviet motto when it came to marksmanship of "quantity has a quality all its own"

Also their lack of care for collateral damage and civilian casualties.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Nobody at the artillery range around here has ever missed by 180 degrees but they more than once a year send a round way long, out of the back of the range, and into the local farms.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

i have never understood how people gently caress up charge bags

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Bill Murray looks like he's been hitting the gym.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

there's no loving way they lay in 180 degrees off the direction of fire. that would be an absolute incredible mistake on all levels of leadership.

It is and it does. I know the guy who shelled the gas station way back when. Yes--he's a putz.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Itchy_Grundle posted:

I was more thinking Ted Cruz, personally. More fitting, too.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

This guy looks drat near identical to a 1SG I knew, though I don't know if he had tattoos. However he was a massive piece of poo poo so I wouldn't be surprised if it is him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Itchy_Grundle posted:

I thought it was one of those Ted Cruz photoshops where they try to make him look cool with tats and cigarettes

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

i have never understood how people gently caress up charge bags

Look counting to five is hard when you've been huffing powder can fumes all day.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is absurd but really on brand for this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiXZECAe094

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The bit with the neurologically hosed up guys in the barracks is pretty bad

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

aphid_licker posted:

The bit with the neurologically hosed up guys in the barracks is pretty bad

There are other videos with vets innit and they are really emotionally raw and are pretty good interviews good.

They are just done in VR Chat, its absurd and talk about civilian casualties and how it fucks them up???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOBbk-9uOBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV9GJ_MDyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMoLKLM8SMg

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
So it turns out the woman who got blasted in the neck by a cop while trying to break into the windows of the House was a 14 year Air Force vet. Excellence in all we do o7

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Honestly I'm just glad it wasn't a Marine.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Lot of Trumpists in the Air Force, so not too surprising.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Guess she wasn't a siege tactics mastermind, what being an airperson and all

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What was she doing that they decided they had to shoot her of all the people inside the capitol building?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

aphid_licker posted:

What was she doing that they decided they had to shoot her of all the people inside the capitol building?

Apparently trying to climb through a broken window in a barricaded door into a room guarded by House security.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

aphid_licker posted:

The mob busts the window to the House speaker’s lobby. She starts to climb on in.

Youtube video ID AZ9oThRuMVs shows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Assaulting the capitol building to fly the traitor's flag within it's halls? If the group was doing something more serious like protesting police brutality they'd have been fukken murked while still on the streets.

e. never heard of those vr soldier chat things but they're great, both the format and discussion. Thanks for the links.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 7, 2021