Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1346905415804715021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dimwit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry. sory for making fun of the mick.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 6, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Are there any other contenders for greatest heel stable/unit/faction other than NWO or Bullet Club?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the four horsemen

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's with the joke of the WWE/PC destroying wrestlers' knees? Were they proven to have a training regimen that really does that? (and what specific exercises do they do to gently caress knees up)

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lily Catts posted:

What's with the joke of the WWE/PC destroying wrestlers' knees? Were they proven to have a training regimen that really does that? (and what specific exercises do they do to gently caress knees up)
Depends.

In the ring, it would probably refer to having so many experienced wrestlers do endless bump drills.

With the PC's strength and conditioning programs, I remember there being more shoulder injuries than knee injuries.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think specifically we say it because a bunch of NXT women went out with leg injuries over the past couple of years, on top of the stuff Bix mentioned.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's because all the wrestlers keep having to awkwardly shift the way they're facing toward the hard camera, which often tears their ligaments

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lily Catts posted:

They made guys like Braun, who had already come in with bad knees from being in strongman competition, do the same exact cycles as guys that are like a third his size. He would have to go into the trainer’s office by the end of each day because his knees would be pretty hosed up, apparently. Back in the day, DeMott would make guys do cycles and run the ropes and poo poo until the trainees would puke. They don’t actually seem to train these guys, it’s more that they break them down physically and mentally so they accept the weird cultish aspects of the company.

Juice Robinson literally chose to go into the New Japan dojo despite them offering him a spot on the main roster in their initial deal, just so he could unlearn the poo poo WWE taught him and be a well-rounded wrestler.

The WWE Performance Center might just be the worst wrestling school in the world, given the money behind it, the size and design of the facility, the experience of the trainers on staff (Matt Bloom, Steve Corino, Shawn Michaels, Adam Pearce, Norman Smiley, Sara Del Ray, and so on) and the fact that they have never produced a real breakout star since it was built.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Cameo posted:

The WWE Performance Center might just be the worst wrestling school in the world, given the money behind it, the size and design of the facility, the experience of the trainers on staff (Matt Bloom, Steve Corino, Shawn Michaels, Adam Pearce, Norman Smiley, Sara Del Ray, and so on) and the fact that they have never produced a real breakout star since it was built.
To be fair, that seems like it's more a WWE problem than a PC problem.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Are there any other contenders for greatest heel stable/unit/faction other than NWO or Bullet Club?

Suzuki-gun are heels compared to half the roster, and every member is great. The same can't be said for NWO or BC

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Suzuki-gun are heels compared to half the roster, and every member is great. The same can't be said for NWO or BC

look I'm glad you can block out DBS Jr. that easily but the rest of us can't

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Guilty as charged, I enjoyed KES as a tag team act

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fez_machine posted:

Los Misioneros de la Muerte were both the most hated heels in Mexico and essentially invented the trios wrestling style that's now a staple of lucha.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

When did wrestling fans become so toxic and insane with how they draw company lines? I was on the internet pretty early on as a teenager poking around RSPW and all that stuff, and I don't know if it was just because I was a kid and the internet wasn't quite so ingrained in our daily lives but I don't remember everyone being quite so hateful of companies other than their main company.

Obviously you can think of stuff like ECW and its fans making GBS threads on WWF and WCW, but I don't know – it somehow just feels different from what we see week-in and week-out from people on Twitter.

Was there a tipping point? Or was it always like this, just better hidden without social media to shine a brighter light on it?

In addition to everything that everyone else has said I think it's worth mentioning that AEW has a reputation as "the woke promotion" and that riles up the worst kind of wrestling fan more than anything else discussed so far.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there much difference between a snap german and a release german suplex?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Arbite posted:

Is there much difference between a snap german and a release german suplex?

I think a snap german is just a really quick German suplex and a release german might be this

https://youtu.be/tD7FeRQAunU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah snap refers to doing the suplex part really quickly.

Snap Suplex, Snap German, Snapdragon etc.

You could have a Snap Release German too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

snap stuff is not only faster but done with less emphasis on verticality, making it look more dangerous by becoming more dangerous

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

has there ever been a hair vs hair match between bald people where the loser has to grow their hair or wear a wig

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

has there ever been a hair vs hair match between bald people where the loser has to grow their hair or wear a wig

I doubt it but it sounds very much a vince russo idea.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

This reminded me that Negro Casas and Blue Panther went to a draw in a hair vs hair match so they both got shaved.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

This reminded me that Negro Casas and Blue Panther went to a draw in a hair vs hair match so they both got shaved.

I love that

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Eat My Fuc posted:

I love that
That's the standard rule in a Lucha de Apuestas.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fez_machine posted:

I have a special place in my heart for the Dangerous Alliance.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

davidbix posted:

That's the standard rule in a Lucha de Apuestas.

That makes me wonder if there’s ever been a draw in a mask vs mask match and both guys had to unmask.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

The closest I've seen to something like that was a mask version. Whoever lost had to start wearing a mask from there on out.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What are some good women's hoss fights like Raquel Gonzalez vs Rhea Ripley?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

fatherofmustard posted:

What are some good women's hoss fights like Raquel Gonzalez vs Rhea Ripley?
Aja Kong vs. Bull Nakano in a cage match is probably THE women's hoss fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABIm0J9R6fc

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Realistically, what would happen if WWE moved Raw to Wednesday to counter AEW? I know it'll never happen but as a hypothetical.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can't imagine that there's any more of an audience overlap between Dynamite and Raw than there is with Dynamite and NXT, so presumably nothing much.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

A lot of RAW's viewership has got to be habitual right?
So I'd guess they'd lose a fair chunk simply from breaking that habit

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Now I'm wondering if anybody has ever refused an apuestas match on the grounds that he didn't want to see his opponent's ugly face.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Now I'm wondering if anybody has ever refused an apuestas match on the grounds that he didn't want to see his opponent's ugly face.
rocky/BUSHI spoilers go in the spoiler thread, jeez

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
First ever mask match where the stip is if the unmasked guy wins, his opponent has to keep his mask on 24/7, even outside of the ring.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

jesus WEP posted:

rocky/BUSHI spoilers go in the spoiler thread, jeez

but rocky doesn't wear a mask :confused:

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Gaz-L posted:

First ever mask match where the stip is if the unmasked guy wins, his opponent has to keep his mask on 24/7, even outside of the ring.

might be the backstory behind the eradicator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0FxifkzFQ

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Sounds like a pyrrhic victory to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've got a question about something I've heard about but never been able to read about: what were the "Philly Indie Wars" I've heard them called? If they were something not nearly so grandiose as to warrant the name, I would buy that.